Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,962 members, 7,835,208 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (315) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (850793 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (626) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by navistar(m): 9:14pm On Nov 29, 2022
Please help
navistar:
Hey Guys,

I have read most of the thread and thank you all for sharing insights for a potential successful application. I need guidance on my brother’s application;

Background: He worked with a top tier bank for over 6 years and was promoted twice within same period. His last monthly net salary before he resigned mid August was about N511k/month. His outstanding benefits was also paid the following month (say N800k).

He resigned from banking and joined a fintech coy and now earns N700k. Resumed last week of August this year (same month he left the bank) but salary paid for that month was prorated.

His half year bonus of the bank (former employer was paid after he left) about M1.2 which he immediately invested N1m in fixed deposits for 60 days (maturity 6th Dec this year). He uses same account for salaries from his former and present employers.

He also has a savings account (nothing much here) with another bank and a dom account with a closing balance of $1,600

Now here’s what he wants to submit;

Planned trip expense for 14days: 1,200,000 (£2,200)
Avg Monthly expense: 300k (even dou account statement shows more, reason being monies can be sent to another account for savings)
**No prior visa refusal**

Intended Docs for submission:
1. 3 months payslip from new employer
2. An old pay slip from old employer
3. 6 months account statement of salary account (balance of 1.7m, where 1m just matured from fixed deposit investment) and dom account with balance of £2.2 (mostly cash lodgments)
4. Employer introduction letter showing resumption date, net monthly salary (700k) and leave times (coincides with proposed travel dates early next year)
5. Stamped page of passport
6. 2 Visas (UAE & Kenya within the last 4 years)
7. Promotion letters from old employer (bank)
8. Resignation letter to former employer (bank)
9. offer letter and ID card of new employer
10. NIN slip
11. A word doc explaining inflows and outflows outside salary above 200k e.g 800k loan repayment from a friend/colleague, debit for PTA for Kenyan trip, FX sales to a BDC staff.
12. Rent or utility bill receipt
13. Hotel booking
14. Brief Explanation on places to visit.
15. Shares certificate valued at N1.6mn

Please share your thoughts and advice.
Thanks

Cv @Giselle237
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Seunara101: 9:28pm On Nov 29, 2022
guys how much do I need to have in bank acc as pof for dependent
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by itoski(m): 9:43pm On Nov 29, 2022
navistar:
Please help
Is the Fintech company registered with CAC?
What is the status of the company on the CAC registry??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by navistar(m): 9:46pm On Nov 29, 2022
The fintech is registered and a big one. The status is active

itoski:

Is the Fintech company registered with CAC?
What is the status of the company on the CAC registry??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 9:54pm On Nov 29, 2022
Katcheegirl:
I just booked my flight tickets ( ethiopian airlines) online and it went through

Ok thanks Hunee...
To my understanding u sed goin to dia booking office is better dan booking through dia booking App?

You are lucky.
Me I was trying to save you from stories that touch the heart based on experience
Nigerian network is not reliable.
Better to go to the office.

You welcome.
Wish you a safe trip grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 10:10pm On Nov 29, 2022
navistar:
Please help

My Opinion:

He has a good chance of getting the visa.

My thoughts on intended Docs for submission:
1. 3 months payslip from new employer - Ok
2. An old pay slip from old employer - Not necessary
3. 6 months account statement of salary account (balance of 1.7m, where 1m just matured from fixed deposit investment) and dom account with balance of £2.2 (mostly cash lodgments) - Ok
4. Employer introduction letter showing resumption date, net monthly salary (700k) and leave times (coincides with proposed travel dates early next year) - Ok
5. Stamped page of passport - Not necessary unless it shows a previous UK Visa
6. 2 Visas (UAE & Kenya within the last 4 years) - Ok
7. Promotion letters from old employer (bank) - Not necessary
8. Resignation letter to former employer (bank) - Not necessary
9. offer letter and ID card of new employer - OK
10. NIN slip - Not necessary
11. A word doc explaining inflows and outflows outside salary above 200k e.g 800k loan repayment from a friend/colleague, debit for PTA for Kenyan trip, FX sales to a BDC staff - he can also include information on his previous work experience, family life (to show ties), assets (if any), why he wants to visit the UK
12. Rent or utility bill receipt - Not necessary. Can be used if you own the property
13. Hotel booking - Not necessary but can be included if it makes him feel better
14. Brief Explanation on places to visit - OK
15. Shares certificate valued at N1.6mn - OK

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by navistar(m): 10:28pm On Nov 29, 2022
Thanks a lot. Just a quick follow up question, about the cover letter. He’s not married.. suggestions on how to navigate the family life bit. And could he just share a link to his LinkedIn profile?

Cashmadam:

My Opinion:

He has a good chance of getting the visa.

My thoughts on intended Docs for submission:
1. 3 months payslip from new employer - Ok
2. An old pay slip from old employer - Not necessary
3. 6 months account statement of salary account (balance of 1.7m, where 1m just matured from fixed deposit investment) and dom account with balance of £2.2 (mostly cash lodgments) - Ok
4. Employer introduction letter showing resumption date, net monthly salary (700k) and leave times (coincides with proposed travel dates early next year) - Ok
5. Stamped page of passport - Not necessary unless it shows a previous UK Visa
6. 2 Visas (UAE & Kenya within the last 4 years) - Ok
7. Promotion letters from old employer (bank) - Not necessary
8. Resignation letter to former employer (bank) - Not necessary
9. offer letter and ID card of new employer - OK
10. NIN slip - Not necessary
11. A word doc explaining inflows and outflows outside salary above 200k e.g 800k loan repayment from a friend/colleague, debit for PTA for Kenyan trip, FX sales to a BDC staff - he can also include information on his previous work experience, family life (to show ties), assets (if any), why he wants to visit the UK
12. Rent or utility bill receipt - Not necessary. Can be used if you own the property
13. Hotel booking - Not necessary but can be included if it makes him feel better
14. Brief Explanation on places to visit - OK
15. Shares certificate valued at N1.6mn - OK

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Geetaybeks: 1:29am On Nov 30, 2022
Please any ideas on this?

Geetaybeks:
Hello everyone.

Please my husband wants to send some money to my account to help with the pof. Do I have to also put in his bank statement of account?

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Koblisclothn(m): 3:54am On Nov 30, 2022
sWrights2012:
Hello Gurus

Please help me out.. I have gotten a refusal letter for over 2 weeks now but yet to receive my passport.

Reason for refusal:
1. sponsor telephone wasn't reachable.
2. Discrepancies in the amount sponsor stated in their letter.

Biometrics done since 2nd of September.
Decision made since 21st of October (refusal letter sent already).

I am really wondering why its taking this long.
UKVI has really dealt with me psychologically because I really need my passport urgently.

I have made several paid calls, paid email ( they claimed to escalate and ask me to wait for 15 working days). I have also made complaint to UK GOV (to. wait 20 working days)

I have contacted TLS and visited physically but all efforts proved abortive.
I later got to know that all passports are with the embassy. I visited the embassy but was not even allowed to enter.

I don't know what to do again. I need my passport and this issue is having significant effect on my mental health.

How can I loose two fully funded opportunities because of UKVI delay. I thy know I would have opted for "Keep my Passport" before biometrics.

Please what can I do?
Can anyone link me to BHC lagos?
Has anyone been in my shoe?
Please help and save a soul

Any response yet from Ukvi because I have similar issue and I’m yet to get any response from them...get in touch please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Seunara101: 7:09am On Nov 30, 2022
Pls guys how much do I need to Hve for pof for care workers dependant
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by navistar(m): 7:49am On Nov 30, 2022
for more visibility and Opinions. Please share. Thanks in advance

navistar:
Hey Guys,

I have read most of the thread and thank you all for sharing insights for a potential successful application. I need guidance on my brother’s application;

Background: He worked with a top tier bank for over 6 years and was promoted twice within same period. His last monthly net salary before he resigned mid August was about N511k/month. His outstanding benefits was also paid the following month (say N800k).

He resigned from banking and joined a fintech coy and now earns N700k. Resumed last week of August this year (same month he left the bank) but salary paid for that month was prorated.

His half year bonus of the bank (former employer was paid after he left) about M1.2 which he immediately invested N1m in fixed deposits for 60 days (maturity 6th Dec this year). He uses same account for salaries from his former and present employers.

He also has a savings account (nothing much here) with another bank and a dom account with a closing balance of $1,600

Now here’s what he wants to submit;

Planned trip expense for 14days: 1,200,000 (£2,200)
Avg Monthly expense: 300k (even dou account statement shows more, reason being monies can be sent to another account for savings)
**No prior visa refusal**

Intended Docs for submission:
1. 3 months payslip from new employer
2. An old pay slip from old employer
3. 6 months account statement of salary account (balance of 1.7m, where 1m just matured from fixed deposit investment) and dom account with balance of £2.2 (mostly cash lodgments)
4. Employer introduction letter showing resumption date, net monthly salary (700k) and leave times (coincides with proposed travel dates early next year)
5. Stamped page of passport
6. 2 Visas (UAE & Kenya within the last 4 years)
7. Promotion letters from old employer (bank)
8. Resignation letter to former employer (bank)
9. offer letter and ID card of new employer
10. NIN slip
11. A word doc explaining inflows and outflows outside salary above 200k e.g 800k loan repayment from a friend/colleague, debit for PTA for Kenyan trip, FX sales to a BDC staff.
12. Rent or utility bill receipt
13. Hotel booking
14. Brief Explanation on places to visit.
15. Shares certificate valued at N1.6mn

Please share your thoughts and advice.
Thanks

Cv @Giselle237
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 8:00am On Nov 30, 2022
navistar:
for more visibility and Opinions. Please share. Thanks in advance
I think he is trying to establish his longevity at a previous employment and that he is still working now even though only recently started this new job and I can’t fault it. I could or want to do the same to want to explain source of funds before August as ECOs can be funny.
Also when you have had a long employment or a well
Paying one, it gives your application an overall good credence
Secondly, Have a planned itinerary, research on what you are going to the UK to do and reduce budget a bit as u said ur monthly expenses are more than 300k but thats what u want to declare.
U must research and tell them how u will be touristing.
If any other assets in Nigeria add them to show you are well established- some add lands, cars, property documents etc

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 8:21am On Nov 30, 2022
Seunara101:
Pls guys how much do I need to Hve for pof for care workers dependant

You must have held at least £1270/£1300 for a 28 calendar days @ OANDA rate, yet if maintenance was ticked on MA COS and extends to DAs you don't need pof.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by djbaju(m): 9:34am On Nov 30, 2022
Thanks for the reply, I used my dollar card, in the end I used my brother's UK bank card

itoski:

Are you using a Naira card?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 10:16am On Nov 30, 2022
Katcheegirl:
I just booked my flight tickets ( ethiopian airlines) online and it went through

Ok thanks Hunee...
To my understanding u sed goin to dia booking office is better dan booking through dia booking App?

Katcheee... Pls did u go to dia office before booking online or u jst did without making enquiries?

because i heard dey can deny dey didn't receive ur payment at d airport n ask u to visit ur bank..
because most of d airlines account as bin hacked by fraudsters so dey might nt receive ur payment n denied u boarding d flight...
Bt dat won't b ur portion in Jesus name
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 10:22am On Nov 30, 2022
I have dollars dats wy I want to book my ticket online...
N I prefer using EGYPTAIR air cos dey ar cheapest for nw n til next week,
Pls i need help on dis if anyone here can help..

If anyone here as booked ticket online before n succeeded wit stories at d point of boarding?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sWrights2012: 12:53pm On Nov 30, 2022
Nothing positive yet oo.
Imagine, UKVI only sent me an email 2 days back that I should contact my VAC directly (TLS Victoria Island) that they have updated them.. I have emailed them but their response is generic..

Koblisclothn:

Any response yet from Ukvi because I have similar issue and I’m yet to get any response from them...get in touch please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Khadisma: 1:47pm On Nov 30, 2022
Good afternoon everyone, please I want to make enquiry about Sponsorships visa
Please I need a guide on how to start the process.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jadeken: 1:48pm On Nov 30, 2022
[quote author=giselle237 post=118762524]
If your husband has done a student application he should be able to assist you as these questions are similar to his situation
1. Gov.uk has the amounts spelt out
2. POF should stay in acct minimum 28days before visa application
3. Tb test needs to be valid for the application.. as longs as application is done on/before December 20th it is fine
4. Apply with the current one. When the new comes u join both and travel
5. Documents to prove relationship to main applicant + tb test + financial documents. Check d students thread for anything else
6. Choice is yours and depends on your pocket [Thank you so much giselle.God bless you]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by JennyBay: 2:13pm On Nov 30, 2022
Please what is the average processing time for UK visit visa now in Nigeria. Planning to submit now
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by bharkarh(m): 3:09pm On Nov 30, 2022
My people I’m here again as usual

I have been in the UK for about 2 months now and it’s time to do the processing for my wife.

Could you guys please tell me how to go about it.

I humbly wait for a response!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by navistar(m): 4:16pm On Nov 30, 2022
Thanks
giselle237:
I think he is trying to establish his longevity at a previous employment and that he is still working now even though only recently started this new job and I can’t fault it. I could or want to do the same to want to explain source of funds before August as ECOs can be funny.
Also when you have had a long employment or a well
Paying one, it gives your application an overall good credence
Secondly, Have a planned itinerary, research on what you are going to the UK to do and reduce budget a bit as u said ur monthly expenses are more than 300k but thats what u want to declare.
U must research and tell them how u will be touristing.
If any other assets in Nigeria add them to show you are well established- some add lands, cars, property documents etc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Geetaybeks: 4:21pm On Nov 30, 2022
Please I really need information on this

Geetaybeks:
Please any ideas on this?

Does my husband need to show statement of account if he is to send me money to assist in my travelling?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Consolejay: 4:22pm On Nov 30, 2022
Seunara101:
Guys I need answer... I did apply for UK visa but later I decided to cancel my application due to some personal issue, do you think I will get my visa fees back and my TLS fees

I also did the same thing and I am yet to get a decision from UKVI.
Please did you get a message if your cancellation was successful?

I registered with a new mail and proceeded from the scratch but I am hoping I get the money back asap
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Seunara101: 5:25pm On Nov 30, 2022
I got just the visa fees
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by JennyBay: 5:27pm On Nov 30, 2022
Seunara101:
I got just the visa fees

please share your timeline?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 5:57pm On Nov 30, 2022
Jocabasa:

Katcheee... Pls did u go to dia office before booking online or u jst did without making enquiries?

because i heard dey can deny dey didn't receive ur payment at d airport n ask u to visit ur bank..
because most of d airlines account as bin hacked by fraudsters so dey might nt receive ur payment n denied u boarding d flight...
Bt dat won't b ur portion in Jesus name

I Don kuku tell you.

This one happened to someone I know.

A few experiences for some sha.
But Jocabasa, decide what you want offline and go get your ticket , save time cos fares keep going up daily.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by aderemi166: 7:08pm On Nov 30, 2022
Yes, Ethiopian airline, download the app, got ticket via mail.

Jocabasa:

Thanks AdvanceDNA God bless uu...

Pls can I book EGYPTAIR through dia app?...
Has anyone here book ticket the app?
Dey sed d airline can denied ur booking wit dem if money nt received by dem...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 7:53pm On Nov 30, 2022
aderemi166:

Yes, Ethiopian airline, download the app, got ticket via mail.

AdvanceDNA E b like say u dis Ethiopian airline too much ooo...
D lowest n cheapest flight on Ethiopian Air is 740k compare to EGYPTAIR which d lowest n cheapest flight is 450k...

I went to EGYPTAIR main office in V/island n asked abt dia online booking if is safe n secured for booking...
Dey sed no problem wit dia app pipu ar booking wit no stories...

Dey advise it wil b better n cheaper booking on dia online app since i av dollars instead of booking frm dia office wit naira...

I don't av naira wit me nw dollars is wat is left wit me nw n I cnt sell it because dollar as fall cheap...
Guys wetin I go do naa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 7:57pm On Nov 30, 2022
hunee:

I Don kuku tell you.

This one happened to someone I know.

A few experiences for some sha.
But Jocabasa, decide what you want offline and go get your ticket , save time cos fares keep going up daily.

Hunee pls did d person book frm EGYPTAIR App or through online booking agents?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by shygunXs(m): 8:01pm On Nov 30, 2022
Hiya everyone, I've currently spent 1 month in the uk as Dependant Partner and want to process Visit for my mum, should I use my Naija Bank Statement as I'm still employed with the Nigerian Employer. I've only earn pay for 2 weeks in the UK?

Please an expert opinion will be appreciated. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by advanceDNA: 8:08pm On Nov 30, 2022
Jocabasa:

AdvanceDNA E b like say u dis Ethiopian airline too much ooo...
D lowest n cheapest flight on Ethiopian Air is 740k compare to EGYPTAIR which d lowest n cheapest flight is 450k...

I went to EGYPTAIR main office in V/island n asked abt dia online booking if is safe n secured for booking...
Dey sed no problem wit dia app pipu ar booking wit no stories...

Dey advise it wil b better n cheaper booking on dia online app since i av dollars instead of booking frm dia office wit naira...

I don't av naira wit me nw dollars is wat is left wit me nw n I cnt sell it because dollar as fall cheap...
Guys wetin I go do naa?

Dollar no drop like that oooo....enter black market....aboki is still buying for 750

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (626) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

Viewing this topic: Honey9 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.