Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,892 members, 7,821,118 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

Is It A Bad Thing To Date A Muslim - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It A Bad Thing To Date A Muslim (4935 Views)

Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely / What Is The Best Thing To Do When You Approach A Girl And She Doesn't Respond / Being Shy: Is this a Good or Bad Thing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Date A Muslim by Nobody: 9:45pm On Apr 20, 2012
@ op the gal has agreed to become a christian so y are you looking for demons where there are non? Better carry on and be happy with her. Just make sure you delight in the wife of your youth and never exchange her along the line. Treat her like a queen that she is, protect her and love her as christ loves the church. Remember Ruth in the Bible was not a believer but later embraced God because of the love she had for her MIL. Remember Rahab too was not a believer initially so read the Bible with an open heart and not human doctrines. Most of all seek God especially in this matter.
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Date A Muslim by MeAboki(m): 6:44am On Apr 21, 2012
@OP:
Note, there are specific rules in Islam concerning Muslim/non-Muslim relationships.
Basically, Muslim girls/women are not allowed to marry anybody outside the religion; while male Muslims may marry but only from people of the the book (i.e.religions with scriptures such as Christians, Jews etc. who have the Bible and Tora respectively), and in every case the woman must be chaste; neither is (unchaperoned) dating in the modern sense (involving physicality: touching, kissing, hugging and sex) allowed for any of the sexes.
Therefore what you are doing is fundamentally wrong and selfish, if you truly love her then you must let her go; otherwise you will be turning her against her parents and religion which in Islam are big serious sins and quite unfortunate.
Please don't ruin her life, free her before its too late.
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Date A Muslim by Nobody: 7:32am On Apr 21, 2012
Me_Aboki: @OP:
Note, there are specific rules in Islam concerning Muslim/non-Muslim relationships.
Basically, Muslim girls/women are not allowed to marry anybody outside the religion; while male Muslims may marry but only from people of the the book (i.e.religions with scriptures such as Christians, Jews etc. who have the Bible and Tora respectively), and in every case the woman must be chaste; neither is (unchaperoned) dating in the modern sense (involving physicality: touching, kissing, hugging and sex) allowed for any of the sexes.
Therefore what you are doing is fundamentally wrong and selfish, if you truly love her then you must let her go; otherwise you will be turning her against her parents and religion which in Islam are big serious sins and quite unfortunate.
Please don't ruin her life, free her before its too late.

How is he ruining her life? Is he planning to murder her? Or rape her? Everybody is not a muslim. Your religious believes are not the same as his pls keep that in mind. He did not force her to change she did so willingly and out of love. From the look of things soon some people will rule a line where only muslims or christians can walk so there will be no religious mix up. Reading through I think people deceive themselves into thinking they are first religious before being humans. No wonder atheism is on the rise on NL.
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Date A Muslim by KateSpade(f): 1:42pm On Apr 21, 2012
I've been in this situation before. My bf was Muslim but I'm a Christian. Luckily for us one of his older brothers had already married a Christian woman, however, for many in the Muslim community it is easier for a Muslim man to marry a Christian woman than the other way around. He and I both discussed our religions and about a year later he considered converting without me pressuring him. I would never pressure someone to change their religion for me, its a personal choice. He and I are no longer together but I know its not because of that.

Its not a bad thing to date a Muslim, you just have to be very strong willed in relationships where your faith differs from your significant other. And you have to understand that you wouldn't have this issue if they were of the same faith. Do whatever is right and what makes you happy, you'll never be happy if you always do what is right to the rest of the world or for your family and friends.
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Date A Muslim by agb2011(f): 6:58pm On Apr 21, 2012
simpleseyi: Please always bear in mind that we muslims are not begging to marry you christians because muslim girls are not in shortage. Remember also that the bible did not say that muslims are un-believers so the statement "be not be unevenly yoked with an un-believer" does not refer to muslims.

I repeat, we muslims are not begging to marry you christians. I am sure you all can work in a companies owned by Dangote, Dantata and take contracts from muslims including Fashola, Tinubu, MKO Abiola e.t.c Why dont you avoid muslims so that you will not be unevenly yoked with an believers.

HYPOCRITES are HIPOPOT[b]ANUSES[/b]

this is a typical exampl of au muslims bhave! O ti take e personal and already calling names. Point of correction, it is not 'unequally yoked' but 'equally yoked'. Op do not marry her. Read 2Corinthians 6 vs 14 -18 very well.
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Date A Muslim by Nobody: 5:34pm On Apr 23, 2012
No. But since values and beliefs would be different, there would be some conflicts. Since both religions believe in different paths to salvation, both parties might feel the other isn't "saved" and the talk of conversion would come in, which might result in more conflict. Or in some cases, actual conversion of one member.

KateSpade: I've been in this situation before. My bf was Muslim but I'm a Christian. Luckily for us one of his older brothers had already married a Christian woman, however, for many in the Muslim community it is easier for a Muslim man to marry a Christian woman than the other way around . He and I both discussed our religions and about a year later he considered converting without me pressuring him. I would never pressure someone to change their religion for me, its a personal choice. He and I are no longer together but I know its not because of that.

Its not a bad thing to date a Muslim, you just have to be very strong willed in relationships where your faith differs from your significant other. And you have to understand that you wouldn't have this issue if they were of the same faith. Do whatever is right and what makes you happy, you'll never be happy if you always do what is right to the rest of the world or for your family and friends.

Re. bolded part, why...?
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Date A Muslim by isalegan2: 12:55pm On Apr 28, 2012
Bukittes: Been there, done that, seen that and i really dont have regrets getting out. I have met Muslims that were really nice in my life - 2 prescisely! One i dated for like 11yrs cos we started from secondary school till we both graduated and the other I met after sometime again and dated for like 3yrs. When the issue of marriage comes up I always bail out cos ab-initio, i tell them i cannot marry a non - Christian. Its never been easy o cos i loved them both and they were nice and right for me in all ramification but u see morality can't be traded for salvation and moreso religion is a way of life and the best way u know is the one u have treaded all ur life. I believe in my religion and will not compromise it even for marriage, cos at the end its not really worth it cos u can't get all the fulfillment u desire in a marriage. Marriage has its own challenges and why should I open my eyes and enter into a battle I know I can never win as a woman? Please be guided and choose for your life what's most important. I commend you to God and His guidance.

You "dated" someone for 11 years knowing full well you had no intention of marrying him, because you love your lord and can never compromise your religion? So many inconsistencies here. I will let you find them. lol.
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Date A Muslim by jeje123(m): 3:52pm On Oct 27, 2014
indie22:
Im actually going through thesame thing as well, im dating this really great guy who is a muslim. He's totally gets and completes me in every way, we have our ish like any other couple but we somehow have been able to stay happy together.

Problem is , he is muslim and i am a christian, i am from anambra and he is idoma, honestly my folks dont have a problem with us and although they would prefer me in a christian home, they are happy to give their blessings, his family on the other hand is the problem. they dont want to hear it, they have no intention of attending a church wedding, he has made it clear he will never follow me to church and if and when we get married our kids will be muslims, see wahala!!  

But i love him and i know he loves me too, so im thinking, can this ish work
ur own case don settle already unless u want to complicate issues. He did not hide anything for u abt his background thank God for dat d choice is now remain for u to choose.
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Date A Muslim by jeje123(m): 3:55pm On Oct 27, 2014
MMM2:
Op
Pls i carry GOD name beg u,
Dont marry a muslim lady.
pls tell us WHY to justify ur point.
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Date A Muslim by jeje123(m): 4:06pm On Oct 27, 2014
UcheCuba:
Have you ever heard of honour killings?

If not please go and find out!

Muslims DONT joke with somebody trying to convert a muslim to christianity!

They will kill you and kill their sister too without blinking!!

The earlier you leave that girl the safer and healthier for you!!!

Love has nothing to do with feelings, 1 Cor. 13!!!!!
ogbeni u are fun of telling bogus lie. Wia did u see a muslims killing smbdy because of a regious decamp? Call urself a christian can u tell me u dont ave any muslim relatives or frds? Pls stop being childis and say d reality.
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Date A Muslim by jeje123(m): 4:46pm On Oct 27, 2014
Both muslims and christians believes dat father is head of majority of our home. Women/ladies sud always ready to surrender herself to any religious u know ur husband with dis cannot create any problem or better quit if cannot cope.
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Date A Muslim by moufan: 5:10pm On Oct 27, 2014
MsSophista:
Is she willing to convert to Christianity? She defied her advisers in going back. So her muslim spiritual foundation may be weak. The bible says do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. Some rel issues can be compromised but not Christian beliefs. Pray & seek God
see ur life?m.oron

(1) (2) (Reply)

Guys: If U Were Rape.d By A Lady What Will U Do?? / What's Up With Some Guys And Under Age Girls?! / Main Reason Why A Guy Will Dump A Girl After Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.