Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,677 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Disadvantages Of Beautiful Women to men's health!!! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Disadvantages Of Beautiful Women to men's health!!! (4967 Views)

Meet The Shuwa Arab Women Of Nigeria (photos) - Most Beautiful Women In Nigeria! / Reasons Why Guys Are Afraid To Date Beautiful Women / Real Reasons Why Men Cheat On Beautiful Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Disadvantages Of Beautiful Women to men's health!!! by alaricsaltzman: 6:30pm On Oct 04, 2012
A beautiful woman is the envy of many. While being beautiful does have numerous advantages, there are also disadvantages – one of which is being harmful to men’s health.

It has long been said that beautiful women are hard on men’s hearts and therefore, getting in contact with them might be harmful to men’s health, raising stress hormones to dangerously high levels, says a new study...

According to the study which was carried out by Spanish researchers, when men are in the presence of a beautiful stranger they view as “out of their league,” the risks are even higher, with cortisol levels rising so high that heart attacks and strokes become real possibilities.

“This is another case of hard science proving the obvious,” said a psychiatrist, Irvin Wolkoff, who was involved with the study.

In carrying out the study, the researchers tested 84 male students by asking each one to sit in a room and solve a Sudoku puzzle. Two strangers, one male and one female, were also in the room.

The outcome of this experiment showed that when the female stranger left the room and the two men remained sitting together, the volunteer’s levels of the stress hormone cortisol did not rise. But, when the volunteer was left alone with the female stranger, his cortisol levels rose, as measured by a saliva swab.

The researchers, also explained that for most men, the presence of an attractive woman may induce the perception that there is an opportunity for courtship.

It all boils down to evolution. Since cavemen days, men have been hardwired so that when they see an attractive woman, their cortisol response kicks in to tell men to seek out that woman for mating purposes, Wolkoff says.

Even though today’s man is sophisticated and enlightened, underneath, when he sees an attractive female, he feels stress about wanting to mate with her, and worrying about whether she might already have a mate or be unresponsive.

“So by definition, sexual encounters are in the same general category as fighting or fleeing. These are stressful situations,” he says.

Wolkoff says there’s nothing wrong with feeling cortisol or andrenaline in small doses. But he says if elevated levels are sustained over extended periods of time, stress can be very unhealthy.

Dr Charles Agadu, a physician explains: “When a man sees a beautiful lady, his cortisol level rises and when the level gets too high it could lead to cardiac problems”.

Cortisol is a one of the hormones secreted by the adrenal glands in the body and this hormone is also called the fright hormone, i.e the hormone that also produces the very well known adrenalin, Agadu said.

Facts have it that when some men spend just 5mins with a beautiful lady, it causes so much stress which is not good for the heart. So for such men ,their anxiety rate will be very high as their cortisol levels will rise even higher .This might cause heart attacks and strokes because exposure to physical and psychological stresses for a long time may chronically increase cortisol levels, Agadu explains further.

Agadu stated however that, cortisol impairs the immune system thereby worsening diabetes, hypertension and impotence. But this is not to say that on sighting a beautiful woman a man just develops heart attack on the spot, but constant contact and exposure to beautiful women over time is what could make cortisol level to rise to dangerously high levels to the extent of posing a threat to a man’s life.

An Abuja based psychologist , Rukayat Jubril says that naturally, when we see beautiful things we stop to look.

According to her, this is not particular to men alone because even when a woman sees a fellow woman that is very beautiful she stops to look and admire her. If a woman experiences this, then one should expect a more spontaneous reaction from the opposite sex.

"When a man sees a beautiful woman, what comes to his mind is an imagination of what she would look like without clothes. Again, he could get worried whether if he approaches her for a relationship she would accept", Rukayat pointed out.

Fear of rejection is what can easily trigger a heart attack , especially when a man is crazy about a particular woman. There is always this fear that he might be rejected. Living with the situation for a long period of time could eventually result in the cortisol level rising gradually until it gets too bad to trigger heart problems.

This is not to say that the heart starts malfunctioning as soon as a man sets his eyes on a beautiful woman. In a situation where this suddenly happens, then the man must have had an underlying critical heart condition, she stated.

Mindset has a great role to play in his situation. There are some men that are not moved at all when they get in contact with beautiful women while some on just seeing them get aroused shocked shocked grin. It all depends on individual, the psychologist concluded.

Men beware!!! to avoid untimely health problems!!!
Re: Disadvantages Of Beautiful Women to men's health!!! by k2039: 7:16pm On Oct 04, 2012
[size=13pt]That still doesnt change the fact that my wife is going to be extremely beautiful.
@Op you can decide to marry a ugly woman,your choice.
I have made mine
[/size]
Re: Disadvantages Of Beautiful Women to men's health!!! by FRANKLINTON(m): 12:02am On Oct 05, 2012
A man sees a beautiful woman and develops High Blood Pressure, how is that a disadvantage to a beautiful woman?

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Beautiful Women to men's health!!! by bernfame(f): 12:22am On Oct 05, 2012
So ladies, if you know you're beautiful, go pour acid on your face so that the guys out there can have normal bp and live long.
May God help us!
Re: Disadvantages Of Beautiful Women to men's health!!! by Nobody: 12:56am On Oct 05, 2012
1. is alaric saltzmann on nairaland? shocked there are no vampires heretongue
2.I can see you're already settling for this type of girl

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Beautiful Women to men's health!!! by 190: 1:05am On Oct 05, 2012
^That must be sexkillz sister cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Beautiful Women to men's health!!! by Nobody: 1:31am On Oct 05, 2012
FRANKLINTON: A man sees a beautiful woman and develops High Blood Pressure, how is that a disadvantage to a beautiful woman?

She'll feel guilty lol.
Re: Disadvantages Of Beautiful Women to men's health!!! by Nobody: 2:38am On Oct 05, 2012
190: ^That must be sexkillz sister cheesy
yep, she looks like him sorta grin grin

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Beautiful Women to men's health!!! by Mynd44: 4:36am On Oct 05, 2012
Hmmm. That can't be sexkillz's sister na.
Re: Disadvantages Of Beautiful Women to men's health!!! by malaria(f): 6:20am On Oct 05, 2012
bernfame: So ladies, if you know you're beautiful, go pour acid on your face so that the guys out there can have normal bp and live long.
May God help us!
Are u consoling the w-ugly duduets.
Re: Disadvantages Of Beautiful Women to men's health!!! by Mynd44: 6:51am On Oct 05, 2012
Now being beautiful is a sin. What's wrong with these people?
Re: Disadvantages Of Beautiful Women to men's health!!! by swaggerkid(m): 7:20am On Oct 05, 2012
Lwkmd...@sexkillz if dat is ur sista den una go Buy Range Rover Sport + 2 Rolls Royce for d husband ooh hehehe
Re: Disadvantages Of Beautiful Women to men's health!!! by Nobody: 7:55am On Oct 05, 2012
If this research is in any way true & reliable, I would say that those things observed in the article can only happen to a poor man cos in today world, the opposite is the case- beautiful women get high at the sight of a single rich guy & they all dream, pray, wish & crave to have a rich guy as boyfriend or husband, if u doubt it, carry out a research, not on nairaland cos they wont be honest due to shame n pride.

MONEY is all a man needs in today world & he will enjoy seeing beautiful ladies crave to own him wherever he goes. It pays to be rich as a man, guys pray & work hard its lovely to be rich smiley
Re: Disadvantages Of Beautiful Women to men's health!!! by Nobody: 7:58am On Oct 05, 2012
FRANKLINTON: A man sees a beautiful woman and develops High Blood Pressure, how is that a disadvantage to a beautiful woman?

Lolz...d guy didn't title d topic well. he ought to have titled it: d negative effects beautiful women have on poor men! smiley
Re: Disadvantages Of Beautiful Women to men's health!!! by MyneWhite1(f): 8:44am On Oct 05, 2012
Please don't generalize OK?
Re: Disadvantages Of Beautiful Women to men's health!!! by alaricsaltzman: 12:17pm On Oct 05, 2012
always learn to read well b4 u post rubbish!!! the topic says DISADVANTAGES "OF" and not "TO" undecided undecided

joeydozzy: 1. is alaric saltzmann on nairaland? shocked there are no vampires heretongue
2.I can see you're already settling for this type of girl
i know u watch vampire diaries 2...niklaus like u grin tongue

Mynd_44: Now being beautiful is a sin. What's wrong with these people?
nobody sayz it is but based on the explanations...its d pure truth!!!

DailyNews: If this research is in any way true & reliable, I would say that those things observed in the article can only happen to a poor man cos in today world, the opposite is the case- beautiful women get high at the sight of a single rich guy & they all dream, pray, wish & crave to have a rich guy as boyfriend or husband, if u doubt it, carry out a research, not on nairaland cos they wont be honest due to shame n pride.

MONEY is all a man needs in today world & he will enjoy seeing beautiful ladies crave to own him wherever he goes. It pays to be rich as a man, guys pray & work hard its lovely to be rich smiley
u fink money is everyfing ba? what u are saying in essence is cos u av small change wiv u, u can meet any beautiful successful woman who couldnt care less abt ur money and she'll just fall...this just goes 2 show the ones u meet arent different from the one in the picture above(sexkillz sister) grin...no offence plz!!!

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Beautiful Women to men's health!!! by Mynd44: 12:25pm On Oct 05, 2012
If she is ugly, you complain, if cute, you complain. You are simply confused
Re: Disadvantages Of Beautiful Women to men's health!!! by skydeep(f): 12:30pm On Oct 05, 2012
@op. You are on your own cool
Re: Disadvantages Of Beautiful Women to men's health!!! by alaricsaltzman: 12:42pm On Oct 05, 2012
Mynd_44: If she is ugly, you complain, if cute, you complain. You are simply confused
tongue undecided

skydeep: @op. You are on your own cool
e sure me die say u no fine... tongue tongue
Re: Disadvantages Of Beautiful Women to men's health!!! by bernfame(f): 1:24pm On Oct 05, 2012
malaria:
Are u consoling the w-ugly duduets.
Lol @consoling...
But dont you think the wuugly dudes need it? HBP is a serious matter o!
Re: Disadvantages Of Beautiful Women to men's health!!! by Mynd44: 3:04pm On Oct 05, 2012
alaric saltzman:
tongue undecided

e sure me die say u no fine... tongue tongue
E sure me die say you no well
Re: Disadvantages Of Beautiful Women to men's health!!! by alaricsaltzman: 3:21pm On Oct 05, 2012
Mynd_44:
E sure me die say you no well
e sure me die say ur babe WUGLY...that one nah if u get sef
Re: Disadvantages Of Beautiful Women to men's health!!! by Mynd44: 3:25pm On Oct 05, 2012
alaric saltzman:
e sure me die say ur babe WUGLY...that one nah if u get sef
E sure me say she fine pass your babe
Re: Disadvantages Of Beautiful Women to men's health!!! by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 05, 2012
i need some cadiac arrest jor! Where them pretty ladies @?
Re: Disadvantages Of Beautiful Women to men's health!!! by alaricsaltzman: 5:29pm On Oct 05, 2012
Mynd_44:
E sure me say she fine pass your babe
e sure me die say monkey go see am get hope grin grin
Re: Disadvantages Of Beautiful Women to men's health!!! by Nobody: 5:36pm On Oct 05, 2012
alaric saltzman:

nah, I'm more of Stefan anyway, good guy gone bad. Besides haven't they killed you already? tongue
Re: Disadvantages Of Beautiful Women to men's health!!! by alaricsaltzman: 5:53pm On Oct 05, 2012
joeydozzy:

nah, I'm more of Stefan anyway, good guy gone bad. Besides haven't they killed you already? tongue
yea rite...the ghost walks!!! tongue
Re: Disadvantages Of Beautiful Women to men's health!!! by Mynd44: 5:57pm On Oct 05, 2012
alaric saltzman:
e sure me die say monkey go see am get hope grin grin
I know day your GF look like monkey
Re: Disadvantages Of Beautiful Women to men's health!!! by Wislet(f): 6:13pm On Oct 05, 2012
alaric saltzman:
always learn to read well b4 u post rubbish!!! the topic says DISADVANTAGES "OF" and not "TO" undecided undecided

u fink money is everyfing ba? what u are saying in essence is cos u av small change wiv u, u can meet any beautiful successful woman who couldnt care less abt ur money and she'll just fall...this just goes 2 show the ones u meet arent different from the one in the picture above(sexkillz sister) grin...no offence plz!!!

nice one saltzman.......
....apart from the last part. Leave my guy (xkillz) alone ooo. Mmmh undecided
Re: Disadvantages Of Beautiful Women to men's health!!! by Wislet(f): 6:14pm On Oct 05, 2012
alaric saltzman:

nice one saltzman.......
....apart from the last sentence. Leave my guy(xkillz)ooo. Mmmh undecided
Re: Disadvantages Of Beautiful Women to men's health!!! by cindyrella(f): 6:21pm On Oct 05, 2012
So op u trying to say being beautiful is a sin? Seriously? Smh!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls Help, My Girlfriend Now Deletes All Her Messages After Chat. / Why Is There So Much Burning Sexual Desires B/w Opp Siblings Who Are In Love / Viral Photo Made By Artist Of A Girl Smiling Only When Your Eyes Are Half Closed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.