Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,435 members, 7,850,529 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:54 AM

Zamfara Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor, Gusau - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zamfara Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor, Gusau (12252 Views)

Zamfara Assembly Suspends Lawmakers ‘for Working With Bandits’ / Edo Assembly impeach Deputy Speaker Idiaye, Elect Asoro As Replacement / Zamfara Assembly Abolishes Law Paying Ex Governors Allowances (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zamfara Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor, Gusau by Slaysor: 4:15pm On Feb 04, 2022
M
Re: Zamfara Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor, Gusau by fergie001: 4:18pm On Feb 04, 2022
Penguin2:
Dude has even lasted.

Mattawale will be looking like Abacha be fooling around.

You got governorship on a platter on the platform of PDP only to stupidly defect to APC and start haunting your deputy.

Mumu man.
Co-incidentally, the Zamfara Govt House is situated on General Sani Abacha Street in Gusau grin

The Deputy-Governor is gone. He will go to Court and get a reprieve and be paid in full after 2023 election.
Re: Zamfara Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor, Gusau by NoSentiment: 4:20pm On Feb 04, 2022
He only lasted this long because he is privileged. If weren't the son of a former NIA chief Aliyu Gusau he would have SINCE been booted out

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor, Gusau by KingOfTheDamned: 4:21pm On Feb 04, 2022
Blue3k:
Lol state assemblies are the real rubber stamp assemblies people love to ignore. I dont know if this man did what he's accused of but he'll have his day to defend himself.

Yawn when are you going to reddit or some other forum?

I am on all those already undecided
Re: Zamfara Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor, Gusau by Penguin2: 4:40pm On Feb 04, 2022
fergie001:

Co-incidentally, the Zamfara Govt House is situated on General Sani Abacha Street in Gusau grin

The Deputy-Governor is gone. He will go to Court and get a reprieve and be paid in full after 2023 election.

But Mattawale should have left him let them serve out their tenure.

In 2023, he will nominate another deputy. Simple.

But politicians would always choose wickedness over common sense.

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor, Gusau by Akabuking: 4:49pm On Feb 04, 2022
jeyem:
First to comment! Oh my God! I am so happy! This worth celebration!
Check well, you didn't win any trophy
Re: Zamfara Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor, Gusau by MatrixNeo: 4:54pm On Feb 04, 2022
BleedTears:
The real witch hunting.

But It might interest you to note that, only in the north that power is given to the youths.

But in the south, the youths rig for their ancestors and cause all manners of social vices both online and offline for their ancestors to attain power and continue to feed them with detritus.

The North Are Wise
If only you know who that deputy governor’s father is...Nothing wise about it
Re: Zamfara Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor, Gusau by fergie001: 5:01pm On Feb 04, 2022
Penguin2:
But Mattawale should have left him let them serve out their tenure.

In 2023, he will nominate another deputy. Simple.

But politicians would always choose wickedness over common sense.
He doesn't want anything breathing down his neck.

When you have your opposition on the ground, don't give him/her a breather. One of the problems of PDP in 2014/2015 was they allowed the APC some space and they paid for it.

Matawalle wants it done before 2023.

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor, Gusau by ismodiwa(m): 5:09pm On Feb 04, 2022
You can not commence war against bandits..
Bunch of failures
Re: Zamfara Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor, Gusau by Emma15678: 5:33pm On Feb 04, 2022
KingOfTheDamned:
Nairaland is finished o.. can hadly see.any page on front page getting 3 pages.. because people are tried of the obviously tribalism backed by some workers of this.website..
Nowadays no one wants to comment any more they just leave the this and low life's to comment...

Most reasonable people just read and go away ...

Wow how the mighty have fallen..this website was once top ranked by all metrics.. today it's a for gazie.. only ...

Cloned accounts , tribal bashing , religious bashing , the mods leave their friends who commit tribalism and ban those.who aremt their friends

Just look at this example below . This never has been reported but nothing has been done

grin
Rule 2

Seun mynd44 mukina2 oam4j Dominique ishilove

Abuse and insulting me
Click the report button.
Re: Zamfara Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor, Gusau by almarthins(m): 5:45pm On Feb 04, 2022
fergie001:
The Zamfara State House of Assembly has commenced the process for impeachment of the Deputy Governor, Mahdi Aliyu Mohammed Gusau.

There has been no love lost between the Deputy Governor and Governor Bello Matawalle since the defection of the latter to the All Progressives Congress (APC).

A 2019 Supreme Court judgement saw a takeover of all political positions in the State by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

However, the defection of the Governor, alongside all members of the House of Assembly, Senate and House of Representatives (excepting for one) has pitched him against the Deputy Governor who has unrepentantly chosen to remain 'under the umbrella'.

Hon. Yahaya Kabiru Classic representing the Anka/Talata/Mafara Federal Constituency is the only National Assembly member who has stuck with the Deputy-Gov in the PDP.

Members of the Assembly are accusing the Deputy Governor of breach of the Constitution, abuse of office and financial fraud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjV6V4-9m90

Pix: Gusau & Hon. Kabiru Yahaya

Useless bunch. Them no fit impeach iswap, bandit and boko Aram remnants.
Useless rulers

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor, Gusau by Penguin2: 6:00pm On Feb 04, 2022
fergie001:

When you have your opposition on the ground, don't give him/her a breather. One of the problems of PDP in 2014/2015 was they allowed the APC some space and they paid for it.

You are right.

After I made that comment, I realized that the deputy governor remaining in office will give him constitutional immunity against arrest and prosecution until 2023 elections are concluded.

I’m sure that’s the shield that Mattawale wants to take away so the deputy governor can be possibly be hounded with state apparatuses.

We don’t need soothsayer to tell that Gusau is likely getting the PDP governorship ticket.

Meanwhile, I think APC convention is having its locus standi on illegality with Buni signing their notice to INEC. Or what’s your legal perspective?
Re: Zamfara Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor, Gusau by TotoGame(m): 6:10pm On Feb 04, 2022
Raph82:
Impeachment or removal from office? they are two different things

Impeachment is part of "removal from office"
Re: Zamfara Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor, Gusau by TotoGame(m): 6:13pm On Feb 04, 2022
NoSentiment:
He only lasted this long because he is privileged. If weren't the son of a former NIA chief Aliyu Gusau he would have SINCE been booted out

His father was the former minister of defense not NIA chief
Re: Zamfara Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor, Gusau by sandymikky: 6:15pm On Feb 04, 2022
fergie001:

But that's the ideals of democracy, allowing all parties and interest groups to flourish so long as they remain within the bounds of the law.

We should not extol such high-handedness, democracy survives and grows when there's a viable and strong opposition.

That's why I've for long suggested that defection across party lines should be outlawed within the life time of a given dispensation. It's killing our polity.
Re: Zamfara Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor, Gusau by Southernigbo: 6:41pm On Feb 04, 2022
why can't he just peacefully resign a
Re: Zamfara Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor, Gusau by Geeman2006: 6:53pm On Feb 04, 2022
He's lucky he lasted this long. Not any party fan, but I salute his loyalty and doggedness to stay with his Party.
Our politicians have no ideology , jumping from one party to another like any government in power (Agip).
Re: Zamfara Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor, Gusau by Nobody: 6:54pm On Feb 04, 2022
Penguin2:
Dude has even lasted.

Mattawale will be looking like Abacha be fooling around.

You got governorship on a platter on the platform of PDP only to stupidly defect to APC and start haunting your deputy.

Mumu man.

Did you cry like this when Ortom got APC ticket and defected to PDP?

Some of you eastern terrorists are confused. You support Ipob and terrorism and still support PDP. Atiku your fulani master is contesting again. Gear up of support him.
Re: Zamfara Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor, Gusau by fergie001: 7:01pm On Feb 04, 2022
sandymikky:

But that's the ideals of democracy, allowing all parties and interest groups to flourish so long as they remain within the bounds of the law.

We should not extol such high-handedness, democracy survives and grows when there's a viable and strong opposition.

That's why I've for long suggested that defection across party lines should be outlawed within the life time of a given dispensation. It's killing our polity.
That's what ideally it should be but the kind of winner-takes-all and stomach infrastructure politics we play now is shameful.

We say the National Assembly is rubber-stamp, I wonder what we will call State Assemblys.

Defection is in the Constitution already but it affects lawmakers and not the Governor or his Deputy (due to Section 308).

In 2015, the Supreme Court sacked a lawmaker in the Federal House of Reps who defected from Labour Party to the then ACN. But now, our Courts aren't living up to standards.
Re: Zamfara Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor, Gusau by phemmie06(m): 7:32pm On Feb 04, 2022
This is why I keep saying all these rogues must be swept out with their broom. Any politicians that cross carpet is not worthy to have my vote except for where godfatherism is played out

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor, Gusau by fergie001: 7:56pm On Feb 04, 2022
Penguin2:
You are right.

After I made that comment, I realized that the deputy governor remaining in office will give him constitutional immunity against arrest and prosecution until 2023 elections are concluded.

I’m sure that’s the shield that Mattawale wants to take away so the Deputy governor can be possibly be hounded with state apparatuses.
It's all part of the politics.

We don’t need soothsayer to tell that Gusau is likely getting the PDP governorship ticket.
He has the PDP ticket for 2023 already.

Meanwhile, I think APC convention is having its locus standi on illegality with Buni signing their notice to INEC. Or what’s your legal perspective?
You file the case, it could take three years to sit on.
Re: Zamfara Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor, Gusau by NoSentiment: 7:58pm On Feb 04, 2022
TotoGame:

He was in charge of nia during ibb b4 he was made a minister. Inqire further.
Re: Zamfara Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor, Gusau by Pugogato: 8:31pm On Feb 04, 2022
Lol
Re: Zamfara Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor, Gusau by Penguin2: 8:47pm On Feb 04, 2022
fergie001:

You file the case, it could take three years to sit on.

Lol!

But that would be purely politics and no longer jurisprudence.
Re: Zamfara Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor, Gusau by Pugogato: 8:56pm On Feb 04, 2022
Lolzz
Re: Zamfara Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor, Gusau by GEEBITE: 8:59pm On Feb 04, 2022
Chief of Army Staff that Abacha beat to the Sonekan coup. He was quite powerful and already seeing himself as Commander in Chief in waiting. The ace used in outsmarting him was supplied by O.D Diya who will later be put on death row by the man that benefited most from the coup i.e Abacha.
TotoGame:

Re: Zamfara Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor, Gusau by TotoGame(m): 10:15pm On Feb 04, 2022
NoSentiment:

He was in charge of nia during ibb b4 he was made a minister. Inqire further.

Oook...but minister is defence na higher position tho
Re: Zamfara Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor, Gusau by dragunov: 12:13am On Feb 05, 2022
seunmsg:
Not right but long overdue.

Kadoso, you dey chook mouth for Zamfara issue again? The urge to poke nose is just too strong for you to contain.
Re: Zamfara Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor, Gusau by Flossq: 6:36am On Feb 05, 2022
BleedTears:
The real witch hunting.

But It might interest you to note that, only in the north that power is given to the youths.

But in the south, the youths rig for their ancestors and cause all manners of social vices both online and offline for their ancestors to attain power and continue to feed them with detritus.
In the south we don’t need political empowerment. We empower ourselves with tech. Crypto. Internet money.
The North Are Wise

(1) (2) (Reply)

Onanuga: Why Tinubu Announced The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy On His Inauguration / Yar Adua Promote 8 Northerner To General In Army 4 Southerner (67%) / (EXPOSED!!) Faces Of Boko Haram Sponsors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.