Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks (28396 Views)

Girlfriend Cut Boyfriend Hair While He Slept Because Another Woman Complimented / Help, My Roommates Hate Me So Much Because Of My Looks. What Can I Do? / Everytime I Had Sex My Looks Changes For Like A Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Nobody: 8:47pm On Feb 05, 2022
I'm a natural confident guy because our mom taught us to be hard working and earn everything through the rice process. She never allowed us take advantage of situations or people and never look down on anybody.

We are naturally good looking in our family and people always talk about how we are all fine in the house. As a result, almost 70% of conversations we have with people will end up discussing what our parents are giving us that are making us fresh and fine.

But our mom did not like people talking to us that way. She did not teach us how to react to compliments and we are very uneasy whenever this topic comes up in our discussions. I don't even see my self that good looking as people are saying.

I work hard to earn everything the right way, and I'm highly productive but anytime a colleague or team mate talks about my appearance I just lose confidence. I have left a lot of groups and teams because of this. When people start talking to me about it I just don't feel comfortable.

I have a lot of girls and I know I worked hard to get them. But they keep telling me it's just my looks that's giving me their attention without stress but I don't believe that, I believe I work hard to get them.

This is beginning to affect my work. Some people don't believe I got to where I am because of hard work. I have worked so hard and I don't want to be throwing things away simply because of this.

For the fine boys and girls in the house, pls how do you handle compliments without appearing proud and egotistical? How do you handle it without being weird?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Eazyp3000: 8:50pm On Feb 05, 2022
smiley
Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Legalcriminal: 8:56pm On Feb 05, 2022
Post your picture make we confirm before we know the solution to your confidence

250 Likes 16 Shares

Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Nobody: 9:05pm On Feb 05, 2022
Who looks epp? As I handsome reach I'm still depressed.
People see me and assume I live a very happy and sweet life, when in truth, my world is dark and gloomy

126 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Nobody: 9:36pm On Feb 05, 2022
Descottes:
People see me and assume I live a very happy and sweet life, when in truth, my world is dark and gloomy
All these makes me very scared of you,what's so dark and gloomy about you?
Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Nobody: 9:49pm On Feb 05, 2022
Iyaebe:
All these makes me very scared of you,what's so dark and gloomy about you?
so many things my dear. I'm a weirdo and a loner– I don't have much friends and I don't wish to.
I see life very differently from how other people see it, which makes me question whether I was supposed to be born here in this God forsaken shithole at all.
I hate everything about here. And I'll definitely leave to find a life somewhere else.. with you probably kiss

61 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Nobody: 9:54pm On Feb 05, 2022
Descottes:
so many things my dear. I'm a weirdo and a loner– I don't have much friends and I don't wish to.
I see life very differently from how other people see it, which makes me question whether I was supposed to be born in here in this God forsaken shithole at all.
I hate everything about here. And I'll definitely leave to find a life somewhere else.. with you probably kiss
lol,maybe you think too much.Relax and enjoy life as it comes while you pray for better days.Relax relax and relax,don't be too hard on yourself, no human on earth is truly free from life's challenges but you just have to be strong and keep holding on,there's always light at the end for people who don't give up on their challenges. Be positive

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Nobody: 10:00pm On Feb 05, 2022
Iyaebe:
lol,maybe you think too much.Relax and enjoy life as it comes while you pray for better days.Relax relax and relax,don't be too hard on yourself, no human on earth is truly free from life's challenges but you just have to be strong and keep holding on,there's always light at the end for people who don't give up on their challenges. Be positive
Even though i think you don't understand, thank you.

10 Likes

Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Nobody: 10:02pm On Feb 05, 2022
Descottes:
Even though i think you don't understand, thank you.
I do understand but just have to be kind and encouraging with my words.

4 Likes

Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Nobody: 10:07pm On Feb 05, 2022
Iyaebe:
I do understand but just have to be kind and encouraging with my words.
I've missed you Sha. You were always on my mind smiley
I kept thinking about how close we'd have been if not for that hulabaloo that broke our blossoming friendship.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Silentgroper(m): 10:10pm On Feb 05, 2022
Descottes:
I see life very differently from how other people see it, which makes me question whether I was supposed to be born here in this God forsaken shithole at all.
. Hello twinny.. I'm just here to let you know you're not alone .. I was just grinning from ear to ear when I read your write up .. it felt like you were describing me ..

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Nobody: 10:11pm On Feb 05, 2022
Descottes:
I kept thinking about how close we'd have been if not for that hulaboo that broke our blossoming friendship.
same here,but you acted so strange and mysterious and you disappeared all of a sudden. You too like trouble sha
Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Nobody: 10:12pm On Feb 05, 2022
Silentgroper:
. Hello twinny.. I'm just here to let you know you're not alone .. I was just grinning from ear to ear when I read your write up .. it felt like you were describing me ..
one love bro.

5 Likes

Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Nobody: 10:16pm On Feb 05, 2022
Iyaebe:
same here,but you acted so strange and mysterious and you disappeared all of a sudden. You too like trouble sha
I didn't dissapear completely. I visited here few times as a guest. And whenever I came on here, I scanned through your posts lol. Weird isn't it smiley
Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Nobody: 10:20pm On Feb 05, 2022
Descottes:
I didn't dissapear completely. I visited here few times as a guest. And whenever I came on here I always scanned throughyour posts lol. Weird isn't it smiley
Lol I somehow knew you see my posts,you weird sha.Why did you leave then?
Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Nobody: 10:20pm On Feb 05, 2022
Iyaebe:
and umm. I noticed that you really like some guys here. Q.tguru li.ntune and franchasngg or so and probably pansopist undecided
Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Nobody: 10:23pm On Feb 05, 2022
Descottes:
and umm. I noticed that you really like some guys here. Q.tguru li.ntune and franchasngg or so and probably pansopist undecided
I like everybody, and not just them,I play with some people here and they perfectly understand my online weirdness.
Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Nobody: 10:25pm On Feb 05, 2022
Iyaebe:
Lol I somehow knew you see my posts,you weird sha.Why did you leave then?
I felt I needed a break. I communicate with Nigerians offline and then coming online to still communicate with Nigerians became tiring and frustrating.
So I registered on Reddit, quora an d some other foreign sites.

1 Like

Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Nobody: 10:27pm On Feb 05, 2022
Iyaebe:
I like everybody, and not just them,I play with some people here and they perfectly understand my online weirdness.
hmmm.
'Iyaebe'.. What a name cheesy
Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Nobody: 10:29pm On Feb 05, 2022
Descottes:
I felt I needed a break. I communicate with Nigerians offline and then coming online to still communicate with Nigerians became tiring and frustrating.
Lol,you hate for your country is worrisome

1 Like

Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Nobody: 10:30pm On Feb 05, 2022
Legalcriminal:
Post your picture make we confirm before we know the solution to your confidence
grin
Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Nobody: 10:31pm On Feb 05, 2022
Descottes:
I can relate. People over assume. They think u have it all

2 Likes

Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Nobody: 10:33pm On Feb 05, 2022
Descottes:

You guys know each other?

2 Likes

Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Nobody: 10:34pm On Feb 05, 2022
Iyaebe:
Lol,you hate for your country is worrisome
hate is an understatement.

3 Likes

Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Nobody: 10:36pm On Feb 05, 2022
henrybangs44:

You guys know each other?
lol .. yeah. From here tho'.

1 Like

Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Nobody: 10:36pm On Feb 05, 2022
Descottes:
Tune it down please, it will get better
Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Nobody: 10:38pm On Feb 05, 2022
Descottes:
lol .. yeah. From here tho'.
Making sense.
Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by jakizio42(m): 10:39pm On Feb 05, 2022
I'll like to learn this rice process

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Nobody: 10:41pm On Feb 05, 2022
Descottes:
Good night dear,sweet dreamz.
Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Nobody: 10:42pm On Feb 05, 2022
Iyaebe:
Tune it down please, it will get better
better you say?
it's actually getting worse.
I'm living with sick people who kill Their compatriots for money rituals, old corrupt incompetent men keep recycling themselves as leaders, Kidnapping is now the order of the day, no true love–everyone is just after their own self ish interests. I'm fed up Rose. Honestly.
Nigeria is a failed nation.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Nobody: 10:45pm On Feb 05, 2022
Descottes:
I kept thinking about how close we'd have been if not for that hulaboo that broke our blossoming friendship.

Ewwwwwww this mad bitch has seriously infected you, gross bro u need to be seriously isolated, I won't be surprised if you're actually that her ex husband she said she physically abused, you still sound like you haven't gotten over her domestic violence, I think you deserved every bit of her beating..... How can u be communicating with a psychotic blue meth addict? She's the beast of a different dimension of hell, called purgatory pro-max

15 Likes

Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Nobody: 10:45pm On Feb 05, 2022
Iyaebe:
Good night dear,sweet dreamz.
Gnight. Sleep well.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

11 Terrible Mistakes You Should Never Make After A Breakup / Pre-wedding Photos Of The Youngest Bursar In Northern Nigeria / My Landlady Seduced Me, But I Saw This In Her Vagina (graphic Content)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.