Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Soldiers, Policemen Clash Again In Lagos(pics) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers, Policemen Clash Again In Lagos(pics) (9003 Views)

50 Terrorists, 12 Soldiers, Policemen Feared Killed In Borno Attacks. / Armed & Plainclothes Policemen Clash At Oshodi-Apapa Expressway / Amaechi, Akpabio Clash Again At Reconciliation Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers, Policemen Clash Again In Lagos(pics) by chitech(m): 3:51pm On Jun 24, 2011
a mopol was just shot along kirikiri road by berger suya busstop as the rain is still falling,so sorry naija security is so bad,gej dont fall our hand oh

Re: Soldiers, Policemen Clash Again In Lagos(pics) by eridah2007(m): 3:55pm On Jun 24, 2011
shot by who?
Re: Soldiers, Policemen Clash Again In Lagos(pics) by Reference(m): 4:29pm On Jun 24, 2011
johnie:

I heard on the news that the governor called the top army brass to report the case and a Brigadier-General was dispatched to the scene.

The general ordered the arrest of the erring soldier and told reporters that the soldier will be tried accordingly.

He also made it clear that it is the reponsibility of the Police to handle such matters even if a soldier is involved.  

I was quite impressed with the General.

He even said that the LASG has made available leaflets which are being distributed to all the army formations in the state to educate the soldiers about such matters.

On my way home yesterday, I heard quite a number of callers to a call-in programme blaming the policemen for trying to arrest the soldier.

According to them, soldiers are "superior" to the police and so should not be challenged by the police.

I was saddened not only by that line of thought but the high number of callers who subscribe to that view.

It is obviously a sign that we are still suffering from "military regime hangover". People who hold the view are still beclouded by the "almightiness" of the military who could not be challenged during their days in power.

This is a civilian dispensation and soldiers should learn to obey civil laws and regulations.

Some of the callers however made a valid point about the lack of discipline in the police force.

That is a matter I woud discuss another  day.

I am not surprised at all. Those who think this is merely a police versus army thing should rethink again. These law enforcement agents were not acting alone. They were sent there to enforce laws
Re: Soldiers, Policemen Clash Again In Lagos(pics) by kenmaro: 4:38pm On Jun 24, 2011
The police are not left out in the offense of violating traffic laws. In fact, they are worse-off when it comes to this and reckless driving causing innocent motorist to collide at each other in the course of giving way for our lawless police offenders. There is the need for total restructuring of our Police, Military, and Paramilitary units. Most especially the police unit, from the top to bottom.
Re: Soldiers, Policemen Clash Again In Lagos(pics) by Reference(m): 4:39pm On Jun 24, 2011
johnie:

I heard on the news that the governor called the top army brass to report the case and a Brigadier-General was dispatched to the scene.

The general ordered the arrest of the erring soldier and told reporters that the soldier will be tried accordingly.

He also made it clear that it is the reponsibility of the Police to handle such matters even if a soldier is involved.  

I was quite impressed with the General.

He even said that the LASG has made available leaflets which are being distributed to all the army formations in the state to educate the soldiers about such matters.

On my way home yesterday, I heard quite a number of callers to a call-in programme blaming the policemen for trying to arrest the soldier.

According to them, soldiers are "superior" to the police and so should not be challenged by the police.

I was saddened not only by that line of thought but the high number of callers who subscribe to that view.

It is obviously a sign that we are still suffering from "military regime hangover". People who hold the view are still beclouded by the "almightiness" of the military who could not be challenged during their days in power.

This is a civilian dispensation and soldiers should learn to obey civil laws and regulations.

Some of the callers however made a valid point about the lack of discipline in the police force.

That is a matter I woud discuss another  day.

I am not surprised at all. Those who think this is merely a police versus army thing should rethink again. These law enforcement agents were not acting alone. They were sent there to enforce laws established by civilian authority. What these soldiers are saying is that they are governed by separate laws superior to civilian state laws. This is pathetic and outright dangerous. So if a soldier offends, robs, maims and even kills it is the army that decides what happens to the offender. When they (the military) ruled did they not expect we bloody civilians to obey. When they ruled why did they not proscribe the police. Now they are out of power they want to remain above the law.

For Nigerians who support them I can only say we absolutely deserve the society we cultivate and tolerate. Tomorrow we turn round and blame government for all its ills while we continue to support barbarity. If to keep common BRT lanes clear is an issue then as a society we deserve to suffer hardship. We cannot make even the basic sacrifice to instill sanity. What a national, yes, national shame. We should all be ashamed. These soldiers have parents, brothers, sisters and children that make noise all around blaming government but see what they do.

I continue to say this the king that will put a ring on our noses and drag us around like cattle is coming. And I hope we will love that. Let us continue with this mess. Rubbish, nonsense, useless, angry angry angry
Re: Soldiers, Policemen Clash Again In Lagos(pics) by sylve11: 4:43pm On Jun 24, 2011
both the policemen and the armies are all crazy ediots. . . . . . come to Delta state, police men are the worse violators. crazy ediots angry angry angry cool
Re: Soldiers, Policemen Clash Again In Lagos(pics) by Koolking(m): 4:49pm On Jun 24, 2011
Police too use BRT lane. They are culprits too.

The Nigerian state would have been better off without the Nigerian Police of now. They are bad omen to the Nigerian society.

Pray from now till tomorrow for these guys (NP) nothing will change. They are cursed, Gbam!!!!
Re: Soldiers, Policemen Clash Again In Lagos(pics) by Reference(m): 4:58pm On Jun 24, 2011
Koolking:

Police too use BRT lane. They are culprits too.

The Nigerian state would have been better off without the Nigerian Police of now. They are bad omen to the Nigerian society.

Pray from now till tomorrow for these guys (NP) nothing will change. They are cursed, Gbam!!!!

You see.
Re: Soldiers, Policemen Clash Again In Lagos(pics) by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jun 24, 2011
many loud mouths in here, talking the same thing over and over again. how different are you peeps from the thieving pastors? talk talk talk. you guys are getting boring.
Re: Soldiers, Policemen Clash Again In Lagos(pics) by akpanbaba: 5:17pm On Jun 24, 2011
MY take on this matter is that if the lane is for BRT buses let it be used by the buses alone and not police ,soldiers or Danfo drivers.I hope the state government will enforce this as we witnessed at the inception .This is a shameful
Re: Soldiers, Policemen Clash Again In Lagos(pics) by johnie: 5:20pm On Jun 24, 2011
akpanbaba:

MY take on this matter is that if the lane is for BRT buses let it be used by the buses alone and not police ,soldiers or Danfo drivers.I hope the state government will enforce this as we witnessed at the inception .This is a shameful

It was the attempt to enforce it that led to the fracas yesterday.
Re: Soldiers, Policemen Clash Again In Lagos(pics) by johnie: 5:21pm On Jun 24, 2011
chitech:

a mopol was just shot along kirikiri road by berger suya busstop as the rain is still falling,so sorry naija security is so bad,gej dont fall our hand oh

What's the latest on the shot mopol?
Re: Soldiers, Policemen Clash Again In Lagos(pics) by Thirst4Lif: 5:29pm On Jun 24, 2011
To the Military men and other uniform personnel that see their position as an opportunity to go against civil order, they should know they are part and parcel of the society at large. The best of discipline is expected of them at this period.

Very well stated! Kudos!
Re: Soldiers, Policemen Clash Again In Lagos(pics) by chitech(m): 5:32pm On Jun 24, 2011
dead the police have just took his body 2 trinity police station,more pics

Re: Soldiers, Policemen Clash Again In Lagos(pics) by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jun 24, 2011
and some people wonder why Nigeria is a failed state. Lawlessness and corruption is the order of the day
Re: Soldiers, Policemen Clash Again In Lagos(pics) by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jun 24, 2011
Why did those soldiers not kill any policeman ? Are they crazy ?
Re: Soldiers, Policemen Clash Again In Lagos(pics) by deezzle(m): 7:21pm On Jun 24, 2011
Not trying to justify the soldier's unwillingness to abide by the law but I guess it must have been as a result of his view that the police use double standards. If they can allow their fellow policemen on the BRT lane, then they should allow everybody else.
Re: Soldiers, Policemen Clash Again In Lagos(pics) by keyremotes(m): 9:51pm On Jun 24, 2011
hbrednic:

who born the police self?
so they ve graudated from taking 20naira notes to stopping uniformed soldiers.
let them try it with me anytime,it will be one strike 3 down.
useless idiots.
Your post speaks volumes about your pathetic personality.
I feel very sory for you especially if you are a soldier.
Who do you think you are? Is it the police that signed the bill into law?
They were sent to only enforce it.
Re: Soldiers, Policemen Clash Again In Lagos(pics) by Roland17(m): 10:01pm On Jun 24, 2011
the way wen soldiers and civilians dey physically manhandle police officers, i wonder if the police men were trained at all.
Re: Soldiers, Policemen Clash Again In Lagos(pics) by Imohbyron(m): 9:37am On Jun 25, 2011
Why did'nt they{sahara reporters} just summarize the story,instead of this long boring piece of sh¡T, So what happened at the end?
Re: Soldiers, Policemen Clash Again In Lagos(pics) by VolvoS60(m): 9:46am On Jun 25, 2011
A poster said earlier:

"On my way home yesterday, I heard quite a number of callers to a call-in programme blaming the policemen for trying to arrest the soldier.

According to them, soldiers are "superior" to the police and so should not be challenged by the police
."
[i][/i]

Those “Nigerians” who called in to say that nonsense over the radio do not wish or deserve to live as free men and women in a sane society. And thankfully, their wish has been granted. They will never understand or experience what it means for them (as citizens) and the State to have an (arguably) mutually beneficial relationship, under one Law applicable to all. Never. It is the destiny of their generation. And they are fulfilling it.

There can be no redemption for such Nigerians who are obviously unable to see the link between the evils and excesses of military rule (over the past 50 years) and Nigeria’s descent into Hell. There is simply nothing that can be done for such people. They do not even know what’s right for them anymore. And when people have lost their moral compass, what do they have left?

Decent people would fight for a single law, applicable to all, with no special treatment for policemen, soldiers, airmen, naval ratings, customs men and other so-called “staff”. Not some illogical defence of the idea that soldiers are ‘superior’ (whatever the hell that means). But those Nigerians who called in to that radio station to defend the madness are not decent people by any stretch of the imagination. And as sure as night follows day, their dehumanization will begin anew in a short while. They want it and they WILL get it. The very soldiers they idolize will be back to finish the job they started over 4 decades ago.

It has been decreed.
Re: Soldiers, Policemen Clash Again In Lagos(pics) by udezue(m): 10:32am On Jun 25, 2011
What a barbaric entity?
Re: Soldiers, Policemen Clash Again In Lagos(pics) by McGeorge1(m): 6:18am On Jun 26, 2011
wetin dis nija army d feel lyk sef? Wer's he 4rm? Cnt find such people in calabar,
Re: Soldiers, Policemen Clash Again In Lagos(pics) by Egelife(m): 7:40am On Jun 26, 2011
Why are these men meant to enforce law and other in the country being the ones breaking it,these so called military men are the ones causing these commotion, they are usually the ones that use the BRt lane, drive around with tints on their car glasses, drive bikes beyond 7pm. Please GOC or whoever is in a better position should call these guys to other B4 this gets out of hand
Re: Soldiers, Policemen Clash Again In Lagos(pics) by lexander(m): 12:39pm On Jun 26, 2011
its true that the police force in nigeria are undisciplined but in this case the soldiers crossed the law
Re: Soldiers, Policemen Clash Again In Lagos(pics) by mddude(m): 2:30pm On Jun 27, 2011
In a civil society, the police is the ultimate authority. A soldier can be easily arrested when outside the barrack. Maybe we should introduce what entails in the US, short/contract service and reserve service so the whole military fraternity stuff can be easily broken. More than half of the police in US had one time being in the military or still in the military reserve so it is not much of a big deal being in the military.
Re: Soldiers, Policemen Clash Again In Lagos(pics) by keyremotes(m): 5:48pm On Jun 28, 2011
The soldier that took on the police and lastma men was dismissed that same day by the army.
I GUESS THAT IS A VERY STRONG WARNING TO OTHERS.

THEY HAVW KEPT OFF THE BRT LANE SINCE AFTER THAT DAY. LOL!
Re: Soldiers, Policemen Clash Again In Lagos(pics) by keyremotes(m): 5:49pm On Jun 28, 2011
The soldier that took on the police and lastma men was dismissed that same day by the army.

Re: Soldiers, Policemen Clash Again In Lagos(pics) by RICHIEBOI1(m): 7:50pm On Jun 28, 2011
keyremotes:

not only dismissed from the army, he has also been handed over to the LASTMA taskforce for prosecution too. if only they can continue in this trend. its should send a strong message to other unruly officers. grin
Re: Soldiers, Policemen Clash Again In Lagos(pics) by buJu234: 10:12am On Jul 04, 2011
[s]The soldier that took on the police and lastma men was dismissed that same day by the army.

THEY HAVW KEPT OFF THE BRT LANE SINCE AFTER THAT DAY. LOL![/s]

O boy dont b deceived they only transfered him to another state ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

Accord Party Candidate, Admiral Usman Jibrin, Votes At His Polling Unit / Everyone Involved In Oil Theft, Says NNPCL / How Can I Join A Political Party?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.