Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? (15398 Views)

Different Types Of Students You Will Meet In An Exam Hall (meme Collection) / Different Types Of Students You Will Meet In An Exam Hall - Meme Collection / The Letter A School Principal In Singapore Sent To Parents Just Before An Exam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by luizpippo(m): 6:31pm On Feb 09, 2022
Omicron007:
Examination is actually the spoiler and vibe killer in schools. But, no one can actually progress in school without writing exams.

A lot of desperation and seriousness comes with examinations. Students try to avoid carry-overs while others aim at making the highest grades possible.

I was in the examination hall one certain day. In the middle of the exam, I just went blank. I wasted more than four minutes trying to write severe.
To make matters worse, the guy sitting to my right was our pastor and no matter the situation, he won't reply you during examination.
He later came and met me after the exam to apologize.

Share your own experience.

I don't seem to forget spellings but you see forgetting a full step during calculations, that's my specialty.

I would remember the next step and also know there are step/steps i have forgotten.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by Tboymessiah(m): 6:31pm On Feb 09, 2022
NasoLifeBe!!!

I once forgot the spelling of And as in C.R.S, like Adam and Eve, the guy wey I dey ask self, use style shift small from me thinking may be village Ppu don locate me for exam hall

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by Awoleesu(m): 6:32pm On Feb 09, 2022
Omo! Na 'You' fa!

While answering an essay question, I'd written You... But it just didn't seem right, then I cancelled it and wrote Yuo... The thing still no jive!

Just had to calm down a few minutes before reverting to You!

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by Liverpoolfc(m): 6:35pm On Feb 09, 2022
obembet:
I wrote our as AWA.. I passed the course Sha. I think I got B-
. Our took me more than 15minutes. I had to change the whole sentence. The person I asked went into confusion as he too could not spell it. The worse was my mat no. The supervisor saw i had cancealed the space for mat no several times yet it was not still correct. He simply said mumu check your I D.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by MsCassano(f): 6:35pm On Feb 09, 2022
grin grin grin grin Laugh won kee me here oo

Mine was that I for the spelling of "if"
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by b5ive(m): 6:35pm On Feb 09, 2022
I recalled one sad experience in my 2nd year, was busy brainstorming as a pol. science undergraduate n i couldn't spell the word "of". I kept pronouncing the word but couldn't spell it out.

Brainclog is real�

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by OVikkytan49: 6:35pm On Feb 09, 2022
Yes grin twice. First was "around", ended up spelling it as arround.
Second time was when I tried writing "society", spelt it as soceity.
Coincidentally, both times were in GNS exams.
It's often caused by tension though.
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by SugarGirl44(f): 6:36pm On Feb 09, 2022
Mine is 'with'!
I'll write whit, wiht, white and all sort of rubbish grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by EyezofGod120: 6:37pm On Feb 09, 2022
I forgot how to spell HOW he I kept writing Ao
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by Card7: 6:38pm On Feb 09, 2022
Candidlady:
Ijust have a problem with been/being.. Dictionary can't seem to help... Idon tire for the word

...once had same problem as well but then I later understood the difference.
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by simhosting: 6:38pm On Feb 09, 2022
Sim hosting
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by mayormick(m): 6:39pm On Feb 09, 2022
Candidlady:

Truth is your last paragraph confused me... Thanks anyway..

Ithink the word is demonic. cheesy
Hahahaha....I tried to copy and paste though but I think is self explanatory enough. It means something like this....

Use Been when you see words like (has, have, had etc)
Use Being when you see words like (is, was, were etc)
However, like you said those words dey somehow jare honestly grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by EshjayLee(m): 6:39pm On Feb 09, 2022
BeeBeeOoh:
I forgot the spelling of is back then 2006 when I was writing my WAEC, geography to be precise(map reading things). For like 3mins, I could not decipher if the spelling of is is i...s or s...i

At a time I had to called on my neighbor to help me with the spelling angry

No be small thing

No be small thing oooo... I can relate with this, same thing happened to me too.

I couldn't get the spelling right at all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by OnyeOlokoro(m): 6:39pm On Feb 09, 2022
Where in place of were n were in place of where
Their and there grin cheesy

I still remember those days in the hall n smile

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by b5ive(m): 6:40pm On Feb 09, 2022
I recalled one sad experience in my 2nd year, was busy brainstorming as a pol. science undergraduate n i couldn't spell the word "of". I kept pronouncing the word but couldn't spell it out.

Brainclog is real�[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by Card7: 6:40pm On Feb 09, 2022
tchidi066:
Being-this is a continuous tense, e.g she is being stubborn, I am being forced to take up the task
Been-past I have been to obudu cattle ranch, the baby has been fed, This has been going on for quite a while...
English can be complicated atimes...
Now for my own lost word during exam, it was "what", WASSCE for that matter

Nice!

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by onomej4u: 6:40pm On Feb 09, 2022
Queue
During my GCE exam in 1994

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by dtruth50: 6:40pm On Feb 09, 2022
I do experiences that sometimes in exam but I will just write anyhow I know and continue with the remaining. If there is chance, I will come back and correct it but if not, I will leave it like dt for the lecturer to correct it himself. My mama no come from England
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by Benwallt(m): 6:43pm On Feb 09, 2022
Candidlady:
Ijust have a problem with been/being.. Dictionary can't seem to help... Idon tire for the word
they both depend on a lexical verb to express a complete meaning. Been can only be used with the three anomalous verbs ~~ has, have and had. For example, he has been killed (expressed a completed action) while being is used with auxiliary verbs --- is, was, am etc.
candidlady is being flogged by the boys. (expressed an ongoing action) . Candidlady has been flogged by the boys. Noted the verbs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Feb 09, 2022
Hmm
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by nams77: 6:43pm On Feb 09, 2022
BeeBeeOoh:
I forgot the spelling of is back then 2006 when I was writing my WAEC, geography to be precise(map reading things). For like 3mins, I could not decipher if the spelling of is is i...s or s...i

At a time I had to called on my neighbor to help me with the spelling angry

No be small thing
Same thing happened to me in 2004 in my 3 year. Mine was " was". I sat for two minutes thinking about how to spell was.
I asked my buddy beside me and the dude just smiled. He know say my brain don freeze

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by Trevor007007(m): 6:44pm On Feb 09, 2022
Judas iscarrot
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by Godsown0: 6:44pm On Feb 09, 2022
Candidlady:
Past tense and present tense grin
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by Benwallt(m): 6:45pm On Feb 09, 2022
Omicron007:

I have being on Nairaland for more than a year. But I been looking for a lady who is more candid than you.

I'm more confused than you right? grin
not correct. Never use has, have and had with being or was, is, am with been.
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by trumpcoat(m): 6:46pm On Feb 09, 2022
I find it to spell difficult like deficolt,deficult no be small wahala
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by sibb2011: 6:49pm On Feb 09, 2022
LASTMA
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by Shedrack777: 6:49pm On Feb 09, 2022
Omicron007:

I have being (NOUN) [wrong statement] on Nairaland for more than a year. But I'VE been (PROVERB) looking for a lady who is more candid than you.

why are being naughty?
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by SoapQueen(f): 6:53pm On Feb 09, 2022
Not an exam per se but as password. I forgot it for 2 years and was logged out for that period.

I woke up at midnight one fateful day and just typed it casually and that was it....
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by BafanaBafana: 6:53pm On Feb 09, 2022
Teaching in the class and can't spell continuous. I had to write CA test
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by jericco1(m): 6:53pm On Feb 09, 2022
A mere ”guarantee” almost messed me up in one exam.

Omo I had to change the word oh
The correct spelling no gree come.
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by zang: 6:58pm On Feb 09, 2022
Mine was pencil in a fine art exam I cried fire that day
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by bigcee(m): 6:59pm On Feb 09, 2022
Omicron007:

I have being on Nairaland for more than a year. But I been looking for a lady who is more candid than you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Second Batch Of College Relief Fund Scholarship Application. / Unaab 2nd Batch Admission List Is Out / Difference Between Zip Code And Postal Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.