Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,817 members, 7,827,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

Fuel Scarcity: We Will Restore Normalcy In Abuja, Others In 3 Days – FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Scarcity: We Will Restore Normalcy In Abuja, Others In 3 Days – FG (6307 Views)

Okada Riders' Fight: Police Restore Normalcy To Iyana Iba/Alaba Rago Axis / Female Soldiers Deployed To Anambra To Restore Normalcy. / Killing: RRS Restore Normalcy In Ikotun - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Scarcity: We Will Restore Normalcy In Abuja, Others In 3 Days – FG by ijustdey: 7:58am On Feb 10, 2022
The Nigerian Midstream and Downstream Petroleum Regulatory Authority (NMDPRA) says normalcy will be restored to petrol stations in Abuja and other areas in about three days following the resumption of loading in Lagos depots.

Mr Farouk Ahmed, Chief Executive, NMDPRA, made this known when he visited some petroleum products depots in Apapa and Ijegun-Egba areas of Lagos State on Wednesday.

The depots visited by Ahmed who was accompanied by Mr Adeyemi Adetunji, Group Executive Director, Downstream, Nigerian National Petroleum Company Ltd., included 11 Plc, NIPCO, A.A. Rano and Emadeb.

Ahmed said the scarcity was caused by the stoppage of loading for some days when a vessel of Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) imported into the country was discovered to contain methanol above the specified volume.

He said the technical team comprising stakeholders in the downstream sector had been able to identify, isolate and quarantine the limited amount of PMS affected by the methanol volume that was discovered.

Ahmed said: “We have gone round some of the depots in Apapa and Ijegun-Egba and they are loading.

“These products that are being loaded have been tested and are being distributed to Lagos and other Northern parts of the country.

“There is a vessel that just arrived with 39,000 MT, which would be distributed to the major marketers here in Apapa.

“Once they start loading, Lagos will be cleared in a day or two but trucking from here to Abuja and other areas will take two to three days.”

He noted that the incident had taught the authority a lesson on the need for extra due diligence in carrying out its regulatory activities.

“I will not make any excuses. The fact is that there were mistakes made because we received product that was off specification even though there was a surveyor that actually went on board and took sample.

“Because this parameter was not indicated, they didn’t capture that parameter.

“So it was a mistake but now going forward, obviously we have to balance all these parameters and components of imported products not only PMS but other petroleum products.

“The component that was in excess was methanol and the fuel was not toxic or something that can destroy the environment but it was a matter of how it affects machineries and vehicles,” said Ahmed.

He said the withdrawn products would be re-blended to ensure it met the country’s specification.

According to him, it will be tested to ensure it is of good quality and recertified before it is redistributed into the market. (NAN).

https://www.herald.ng/fuel-scarcity-well-restore-normalcy-in-abuja-others-in-3-days-fg/

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: We Will Restore Normalcy In Abuja, Others In 3 Days – FG by Baawaa(m): 8:01am On Feb 10, 2022
There is no fuel scarcity here

5 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: We Will Restore Normalcy In Abuja, Others In 3 Days – FG by inoki247: 8:01am On Feb 10, 2022
The thing don dey spread reach oda state sef...
Re: Fuel Scarcity: We Will Restore Normalcy In Abuja, Others In 3 Days – FG by Nobody: 8:02am On Feb 10, 2022
ok we are waiting.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: We Will Restore Normalcy In Abuja, Others In 3 Days – FG by verybadmouth(m): 8:02am On Feb 10, 2022
So they created the abnormality themselves.
Nigeria is finished

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity: We Will Restore Normalcy In Abuja, Others In 3 Days – FG by illuminutty: 8:02am On Feb 10, 2022
Has anyone been fired yet?

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: We Will Restore Normalcy In Abuja, Others In 3 Days – FG by tayour917i(m): 8:03am On Feb 10, 2022
we are hopeful
Re: Fuel Scarcity: We Will Restore Normalcy In Abuja, Others In 3 Days – FG by tommykiwi(m): 8:03am On Feb 10, 2022
Scam Government. Full of lies!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity: We Will Restore Normalcy In Abuja, Others In 3 Days – FG by crossfm: 8:04am On Feb 10, 2022
Clowns,always in the news for negative things.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: We Will Restore Normalcy In Abuja, Others In 3 Days – FG by NaijaRoyalty(m): 8:04am On Feb 10, 2022
For more jokes text APC to 419

Terms and conditions don't apply

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: We Will Restore Normalcy In Abuja, Others In 3 Days – FG by MarveworldG: 8:04am On Feb 10, 2022
Good
Re: Fuel Scarcity: We Will Restore Normalcy In Abuja, Others In 3 Days – FG by straighttalk(m): 8:04am On Feb 10, 2022
Another change promised
Re: Fuel Scarcity: We Will Restore Normalcy In Abuja, Others In 3 Days – FG by Ogamysamo: 8:06am On Feb 10, 2022
super power with no power

fuel producer with fuel scarcity.

who did this to our dear country?

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: We Will Restore Normalcy In Abuja, Others In 3 Days – FG by BigAP(m): 8:07am On Feb 10, 2022
T
Re: Fuel Scarcity: We Will Restore Normalcy In Abuja, Others In 3 Days – FG by yesloaded: 8:24am On Feb 10, 2022
Baawaa:
There is no fuel scarcity here

Your location?
Re: Fuel Scarcity: We Will Restore Normalcy In Abuja, Others In 3 Days – FG by Jamesbiodun(m): 8:25am On Feb 10, 2022
Eh eh eh, this country na wah o
Re: Fuel Scarcity: We Will Restore Normalcy In Abuja, Others In 3 Days – FG by GardenOfGod(m): 8:29am On Feb 10, 2022
Jokers... Many countries have for a long time observed how Nigerian leaders've been washing Nigeria's dirty undies and linen outside and have decided to assist us with detergent.

How on earth would an oil producing country be importing pms for local consumption, and why has our refineries not working up till now after budgeting billions for them?

Someone should explain to me what is going on in Nigeria. Buhari is the Minister for Petroleum Resources.... We need answers.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: We Will Restore Normalcy In Abuja, Others In 3 Days – FG by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 8:32am On Feb 10, 2022
Delta...there is no scarcity here

yesloaded:

Your location?
Re: Fuel Scarcity: We Will Restore Normalcy In Abuja, Others In 3 Days – FG by ibrutex(m): 9:02am On Feb 10, 2022
Hey FG !

We all know your plan to indirectly impose another scarcity hardship on Nigerians so we shall willingly accept your unrealistic subsidy removal propaganda.....
Re: Fuel Scarcity: We Will Restore Normalcy In Abuja, Others In 3 Days – FG by BigAP(m): 9:02am On Feb 10, 2022
Yesterday was damn difficult here.
Thank God I'm gonna be home today.

It's pitiable that an oil-producing Nigeria still imports oil cry cry

Meanwhile, I've arranged some affiliate marketing materials that I've been giving out for FREE to interested people.

If an extra 50k weekly online is not too small for you, quickly rush to my signature to get yours.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: We Will Restore Normalcy In Abuja, Others In 3 Days – FG by BigAP(m): 9:03am On Feb 10, 2022
Yesterday was damn difficult here.
Thank God I'm gonna be home today.

It's pitiable that our "oil-producing Nigeria" still imports oil cry cry

Meanwhile, I've arranged some affiliate marketing materials that I've been giving out for FREE to interested people.

If an extra 50k weekly online is not too small for you, quickly rush to my signature to get yours.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: We Will Restore Normalcy In Abuja, Others In 3 Days – FG by yesloaded: 9:12am On Feb 10, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:

Delta...there is no scarcity here

That's enjoyment in your side

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: We Will Restore Normalcy In Abuja, Others In 3 Days – FG by Angrygoat: 9:13am On Feb 10, 2022
I have bought 4k fuel that will last me till max sunday/Monday
Re: Fuel Scarcity: We Will Restore Normalcy In Abuja, Others In 3 Days – FG by asthmacoughend(m): 9:14am On Feb 10, 2022
Ogamysamo:
super power with no power

fuel producer with fuel scarcity.

who did this to our dear country?
. May be ourselves by Voting Criminals
Re: Fuel Scarcity: We Will Restore Normalcy In Abuja, Others In 3 Days – FG by smartilicious: 10:03am On Feb 10, 2022
This fuel scarcity don reach my state Abi na marketers dey anticipate for price increments by locking their station

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbos Lying And Its Negative Consequences For Them - Ozodi Osuji Ph.d / Matters Arising: On Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest, Was He Really Arrested? Or Hogwash? / Power Sector Unbundling Executed Prematurely – Idika Kalu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.