Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,940 members, 7,835,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor (13476 Views)

Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check / Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State / Buhari Approves ₦15 Billion Intervention Funds, Releases Aircraft To NCDC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by berrystunn(m): 10:03am On Feb 12, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Fact!

Asiwaju Tinubu is a blessing!! And may God bless him for his dedication and service in this regard too. He is just too brilliant! He handled this investment like a professional finance expert and excellent public administrator.

Proceeds of the same investment by Akwa Ibom disappeared like Dr. Victor Attah and that of Delta state is worse; was stolen and mismanaged to the point that it is still causing problems till date!

Ecobank and Honeywell fight today is still traced to it because Chief Otudeko invoked the clause of first refusal and got a judgement when ETI that acquired the defunct Oceanic bank sold the shares . That judgement left about N40 billion hole in the account of Ecobank.

In my opinion,Delta state should have requested to be part of the case.I believe that the N40 billion with court should have been that of Delta State today if not for the corruption ,allegedly facilitated by the late Mr Albert Okumagba founder of BGL,a prominent Delta state son, that transferred Delta state econet shares to Oceanic bank headed by Mrs Cecilia Ibru, another Deltan. Oceanic died and Ecobank bought the carcas largely because of this Econet shares that landed them in trouble.

Lagos State was lucky to have a brilliant visionary leader in Asiwaju Tinubu. He gave free hand to Lagos state investment agency to handle it and Lagos State cashed out big time.

There are other big investments Lagos is making today that are even bigger than the Econet but they are using the state investment agency based on the successful template inherited from Asiwaju Tinubu and now improved upon today.

Asiwaju Tinubu will do great wonders if he elected to lead Nigeria. Asiwaju Tinubu is an extremely capable and competent to lead Nigeria to greater heights.
Please vote for Asiwaju Tinubu.
Thank you.
Msy God bless you and may God bless Nigeria forever.
Here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.

I wanted to support him , I changed my mind when I had this .
His going to continue where baba stopped, dollars from 260 to 415, bag of rice from 8k to 35k pump price from 93 to 165,
Insecurity, unemployment, hardship.

Say no to evil spirit.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by AstralBody: 10:45am On Feb 12, 2022
allicare:

Some of you guys are dumb, utterly stupid and lack common sense, Someone invested 4 billion to get 15 billion Naira for a state as profit and instead of you acknowledge the feat you are here typing rubbish. I am really sorry for u and your envious Igbo idiots. Shior
Go n die! Tinubu, never!!
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by AstralBody: 10:48am On Feb 12, 2022
Zulez:
who can pls mention any company or factory own by Jonathan in Nigeria very useless selfish people,where okonjo carry 9ja money go? Where did kalu get 5 private jets, yeebos won't mention ther thief's but they will be running to Tinubu lagos and still be calling him Tinubu
Go hug transformer. Tinubu is wasting his time. His a common theif, known to PMB!
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by 1818etn: 11:04am On Feb 12, 2022
[s]
TheNiceGuy:
The incoming GCFR.

No amount of PhD (pull Him Down) Syndrome would surpass the will of the patriotic citizens
[/s]
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by 1818eigtn: 11:04am On Feb 12, 2022
[s]
TheNiceGuy:
Yapping [/s]
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by 1818eigtn: 11:05am On Feb 12, 2022
[s]
TheNiceGuy:
What was In the bullion van and tell us where it was coming from
[/s]
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by 1818eigtn: 11:05am On Feb 12, 2022
[s]
TheNiceGuy:
Getat [/s]
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by 1818ei: 11:06am On Feb 12, 2022
[s]
TheNiceGuy:
So why the fuss when you knew this.

What crime has he committed to have ordered cookies into his house?
[/s]
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by blancsn1: 11:06am On Feb 12, 2022
Pls I can not be reading long lies because your brain is damaged. Pls explain why Peter Peter Obi was caught with over N250 million cash in Lagos without state assembly awarenesses till he was caught red-handed.

What about the $500 million discovered in his Pandora account. You can tell your cork n bull Story to your father peter Obi remains a die-hard criminal that should be stoned to death for faking to be a saint.

If he is no criminal how come only the mall he looted Anambra naked to build burnt to ashes in the history of nemesis. You can write a book to prove Pandora innocence but nemesis no send your father he will strike at every crimiy like the Pandora criminal.

nedekid:

Oga, pls leave the beer parlor talk for when you get there. People are not dull on this forum.
Dont vote Peter Obi, hate him but don't give him a name that is not his.
As per Pandora, petition efcc, icpc to arrest him, Afterall his is in the opposition.

[b]"Peter Obi, vice-presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has explained why he invested $30million of Anambra State funds in a company owned by his family.

He stated this in response to a question by Kadaria Ahmed, host of ‘The Candidates’, a presidential town hall co-production between Daria Media and the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA), with support from the MacArthur Foundation, held in Abuja on Wednesday.

He claimed that the company belonged to his parents, and he had no dealings in it after he became a public officer.

His words: “I brought International Breweries into Nigeria and as a Governor of a state, they built a greenfield facility in the state and they came to me and said ‘as our partner, we want you to own 15 per cent of this company’, and I said to them ‘No, right now, I am the Governor of a state. I know the future of this brewery, and I want the state to own 10 per cent and since I’m no longer involved in the company, they can own five per cent’. I put in $30million of state money there, it’s now worth $100million and it’s still there. No other state in this country has such investment.

“Personally, I have no investment; not even one Naira. Go to Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) today, if you will see Peter Obi as owner of one share; it doesn’t exist. Next is a family company started by my own parents and as their child, I ran it at a time, and when I became Governor, I had nothing to do with it till today.

“I also invested $50million of Anambra State money in the power sector. I invested several billions in banks, including banks where I have shares. I was investing for the future of the state; it doesn’t matter whether I have shares or not. If I have the opportunity of building the future of the state, wouldn’t I have done that?

“I left office in this country, leaving Anambra State with investment in cash of N75billion. The day I left office, we had $56million, N12billion in Fidelity Bank.; in Diamond Bank, $50million, N12billion; in Access Bank, $50million, N12billion for Anambra State. Show me in the history of this country where anybody has left 10 per cent of that.”

http://saharareporters.com/2019/01/30/peter-obi-questioned-why-he-invested-30m-state-funds-company-where-his-family-owns-shares

[/b]
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by nedekid: 11:12am On Feb 12, 2022
blancsn1:
Pls I can not be reading long lies because your brain is damaged. Pls explain why Peter Peter Obi was caught with over N250 million cash in Lagos without state assembly awarenesses till he was caught red-handed.

What about the $500 million discovered in his Pandora account. You can tell your cork n bull Story to your father peter Obi remains a die-hard criminal that should be stoned to death for faking to be a saint.

If he is no criminal how come only the mall he looted Anambra naked to build burnt to ashes in the history of nemesis. You can write a book to prove Pandora innocence but nemesis no send your father he will strike at every crimiy like the Pandora criminal.

See who says another person's brain is damaged, or making reference to people's fathers.
Anyway, I wount join you in insultive banter.
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by KingOfAmebo(m): 11:49am On Feb 12, 2022
AnonPoet:
In an old interview, Bola Tinubu reacted to different accusations from Nigeria's Main opposition party, PDP and he spoke about how the IGR of Lagos has risen from[b] "an ordinary 600 Million Naira a month to 20 Billion Naira a month" [/b]

When he was asked if he truly gets 2 billion naira monthly from the IGR he described it as mere accusations that cannot be proven which he can ignore or go to court and described it as "Envy" and "Lack of knowledge"

He also spoke about how his administration in Lagos was the first to look at the option of bonds and approaching the financial market for funds which almost all PDP states and the federal government have approached in his words, "you must activate the financial markets"

He then spoke about how Lagos state funds were invested in Econet and he was heavily criticized for it but it reaped a whooping N15 billion naira profit. In his words, "we used N4 Billion to bring N19 Billion back to Lagos state" and he then questioned the intelligence of the PDP

He said "when you are superior to them in knowledge, intellectual capacity, in professionalism, you expect that you are wrestling with the pig, you'll get a little bit of stain"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVpIfPGeQe0

"Is this a paid post or what? seun please monitor your moderators, some will likely be collecting brown envelope to push some post to front page...

I remember same thing happened in 2015 when some moderators were in full support of Buhari and never hid it till they force him down people's throat, now they are all regretting their actions when the did is done, moderators should not be involved in partisan politics...there should be a balance". Village People Spokesperson

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by Lindodo20: 12:02pm On Feb 12, 2022
allicare:

Some of you guys are dumb, utterly stupid and lack common sense, Someone invested 4 billion to get 15 billion Naira for a state as profit and instead of you acknowledge the feat you are here typing rubbish. I am really sorry for u and your envious Igbo idiots. Shior

Oily-soup Zombie spotted

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by goody234: 12:13pm On Feb 12, 2022
His sycophants are on here already making laughable comments to support this nonsense ....Nigerians wake up choose your next leader very carefully if you want more of the same then go ahead ..The only saving grace is elections always come the same selfish politicians will come around ...Consider if your life has changed under this useless APC govt ...It is about you and how this govt has improved your life if they have not then boot them out !!!!!!!
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by TheNiceGuy(m): 6:08pm On Feb 12, 2022
Tati k monthly lipsrsealed
Gbeng30:
[sup][/sup] : lipsrsealed[code][/code][s][/s]

How much have you been given.. That Make you ranting rubbish like this
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by TheNiceGuy(m): 6:09pm On Feb 12, 2022
E dey feed me well, I'm satisfied with my tati k
Foreseer:
Stolen money! What else

Crumbs for people like you.

Grow up bro.

#30k can't feed you for a month.
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by CoolAmbience(m): 8:35pm On Feb 12, 2022
nony43:

If they added nothing should we try illiterates either? Most people that are advisers to Govs, and the President are Dr, Profs etc.

And where have they led us to?

Most of those certifications aren't earned.

I am just saying that these degrees, and all what not, haven't helped at all. Who emphasizes them elsewhere?
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by chiomzy86(f): 9:05pm On Feb 12, 2022
potbelly:
A brilliant politician no doubt

He serves well as a king maker/adviser. Lagos as case study.

But in all honesty, he should be resting with his grand kids and not thinking of the apex position of the country.

FTC!!!

The Blood of the innocent he ordered their killing at LeKki Toll gate Bridge and came out to boast that he is still the jagaban of Lagos will fight him to his grave.thats my own

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by Lightorder: 9:38pm On Feb 12, 2022
Say it to the marines
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by Aaay: 9:41pm On Feb 12, 2022
And you enriched yourself and your circle with it

Who has that helped
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by OmoEpe(m): 10:29pm On Feb 12, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:

Ore, let's stop deceiving ourselves, Buhari won't support Tinubu presidential ambition and I love that .

Tinubu is a very corrupt and greedy man, he's not the choice of the people .

Amaechi is the new boy on the block and Osibanjo maybe

But that old thief cocoaine lord parading himself as national leader of mad people won't be president..

SAYS AN IPOB PIG FROM THE POTOPOTOR REPUBLIC WHICH VOTING STRENGTH IS MERE 5%

NNDI DOT NATION AKA BIAFRANISTAN
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by OmoEpe(m): 10:31pm On Feb 12, 2022
crackhouse:
It's high time I start thinking of leaving this country cos I am disappointed by the actions of our youths... can't believe they will be supporting someone like this man after seeing the hand writing clearly on the wall... who did this to us?

May you never return. Nigeria is better off without your Negativity
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by OmoEpe(m): 10:35pm On Feb 12, 2022
nony43:

What good has the major generals done to us? Let's try intellectuals.

A first class according graduate,best graduating student in his set,chartered accountant, former auditors of Mobil international plc and a senior partner in Deloitte isn T an intellectual?

You need Jesus to heal you of your generational blindness
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by Lanrelagboi: 6:38am On Jun 22, 2022
Now please compare this to Obi's SABMiller investment.

Simple maths
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by Modphase: 9:07am On Aug 06, 2022
[quote ayokellany post=110157718]In an old interview, Bola Tinubu reacted to different accusations from Nigeria's Main opposition party, PDP and he spoke about how the IGR of Lagos has risen from[b] "an ordinary 600 Million Naira a month to 20 Billion Naira a month" [/b]

When he was asked if he truly gets 2 billion naira monthly from the IGR he described it as mere accusations that cannot be proven which he can ignore or go to court and described it as "Envy" and "Lack of knowledge"

He also spoke about how his administration in Lagos was the first to look at the option of bonds and approaching the financial market for funds which almost all PDP states and the federal government have approached in his words, "you must activate the financial markets"

He then spoke about how Lagos state funds were invested in Econet and he was heavily criticized for it but it reaped a whooping N15 billion naira profit. In his words, "we used N4 Billion to bring N19 Billion back to Lagos state" and he then questioned the intelligence of the PDP

He said "when you are superior to them in knowledge, intellectual capacity, in professionalism, you expect that you are wrestling with the pig, you'll get a little bit of stain"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVpIfPGeQe0[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Transparency International To GEJ: 'Your Country Is A Den Of Thieves' / Abaribe: Sit-At Home Has Chased Businessmen Away From Southeast / Boko Haram Attacks Customs House In Yobe, Kills Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.