Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:50 AM

Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor (13437 Views)

Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check / Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State / Buhari Approves ₦15 Billion Intervention Funds, Releases Aircraft To NCDC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by AnonPoet: 5:45am On Feb 12, 2022
In an old interview, Bola Tinubu reacted to different accusations from Nigeria's Main opposition party, PDP and he spoke about how the IGR of Lagos has risen from[b] "an ordinary 600 Million Naira a month to 20 Billion Naira a month" [/b]

When he was asked if he truly gets 2 billion naira monthly from the IGR he described it as mere accusations that cannot be proven which he can ignore or go to court and described it as "Envy" and "Lack of knowledge"

He also spoke about how his administration in Lagos was the first to look at the option of bonds and approaching the financial market for funds which almost all PDP states and the federal government have approached in his words, "you must activate the financial markets"

He then spoke about how Lagos state funds were invested in Econet and he was heavily criticized for it but it reaped a whooping N15 billion naira profit. In his words, "we used N4 Billion to bring N19 Billion back to Lagos state" and he then questioned the intelligence of the PDP

He said "when you are superior to them in knowledge, intellectual capacity, in professionalism, you expect that you are wrestling with the pig, you'll get a little bit of stain"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVpIfPGeQe0

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by potbelly(m): 5:50am On Feb 12, 2022
A brilliant politician no doubt

He serves well as a king maker/adviser. Lagos as case study.

But in all honesty, he should be resting with his grand kids and not thinking of the apex position of the country.

FTC!!!

116 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by nony43(m): 5:50am On Feb 12, 2022
You did well sir, but unfortunately, you are a Muslim. Buhari did Christians Shege, we don'want Muslims back to back. So I will advise you to step down for Osibanjo a Prof, SAN and a Pastor. Or any candidate from the South.

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by MufasaLion: 5:50am On Feb 12, 2022
angry
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by FreeStuffsNG: 5:51am On Feb 12, 2022
Fact!

Asiwaju Tinubu is a blessing!! And may God bless him for his dedication and service in this regard too. He is just too brilliant! He handled this investment like a professional finance expert and excellent public administrator.

Proceeds of the same investment by Akwa Ibom disappeared like Dr. Victor Attah and that of Delta state is worse; was stolen and mismanaged to the point that it is still causing problems till date!

Ecobank and Honeywell fight today is still traced to it because Chief Otudeko invoked the clause of first refusal and got a judgement when ETI that acquired the defunct Oceanic bank sold the shares . That judgement left about N40 billion hole in the account of Ecobank.

In my opinion,Delta state should have requested to be part of the case.I believe that the N40 billion with court should have been that of Delta State today if not for the corruption ,allegedly facilitated by the late Mr Albert Okumagba founder of BGL,a prominent Delta state son, that transferred Delta state econet shares to Oceanic bank headed by Mrs Cecilia Ibru, another Deltan. Oceanic died and Ecobank bought the carcas largely because of this Econet shares that landed them in trouble.

Lagos State was lucky to have a brilliant visionary leader in Asiwaju Tinubu. He gave free hand to Lagos state investment agency to handle it and Lagos State cashed out big time.

There are other big investments Lagos is making today that are even bigger than the Econet but they are using the state investment agency based on the successful template inherited from Asiwaju Tinubu and now improved upon today.

Asiwaju Tinubu will do great wonders if he elected to lead Nigeria. Asiwaju Tinubu is an extremely capable and competent to lead Nigeria to greater heights.
Please vote for Asiwaju Tinubu.
Thank you.
Msy God bless you and may God bless Nigeria forever.
Here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.

88 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by Upton: 5:51am On Feb 12, 2022
No comment

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by Edoreborn: 5:53am On Feb 12, 2022
Not a wise decision anyway,,u gambled with people's funds..U may not be lucky next time..

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by Shawlambivert(m): 5:53am On Feb 12, 2022
Make I siddon here
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by Sabadon(m): 5:54am On Feb 12, 2022
Same one you transported in a bullion van?

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by crossfm: 5:54am On Feb 12, 2022
Hehehe.

We know all this,that is why we need you to support VP. Your wealth of experience is needed but not you in power.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by YouandiAllofus: 5:54am On Feb 12, 2022
No wonder they had to transform to all sorts of names in a bid to escape the incessant milking (econet, celtel, zain now airtel) grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by Babalawoniger: 5:54am On Feb 12, 2022
Jagaban!

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by TheNiceGuy(m): 5:56am On Feb 12, 2022
The incoming GCFR.

No amount of PhD (pull Him Down) Syndrome would surpass the will of the patriotic citizens

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by Irupetepete: 5:56am On Feb 12, 2022
Mtcheww

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by Ofadaman(m): 5:57am On Feb 12, 2022
He's Lagos , so he paid himself

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by HeavenlyHolines(m): 5:57am On Feb 12, 2022
Youths ooooooooooo, make una no fall my hands for 2023 ooo. Our mumu don do. So where the money come de oo? Lagos no be city and town if you know, you know

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by Irupetepete: 5:57am On Feb 12, 2022
nony43:
You did well sir, but unfortunately, you are a Muslim. Buhari did Christians Shege, we don'want Muslims back to back. So I will advise you to step down for Osibanjo a Prof, SAN and a Pastor. Or any candidate from the South.
you just made no sense

8 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by TheNiceGuy(m): 5:58am On Feb 12, 2022
Yapping [s]
nony43:
[/s]

24 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by wizonlyson: 5:58am On Feb 12, 2022
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed where are they seeing, all this money..chaiiii..

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by Irupetepete: 5:59am On Feb 12, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
The incoming GCFR.

No amount of PhD (pull Him Down) Syndrome would surpass the will of the patriotic citizens
you lots will be the same sets of people to cry foul when his dementia finally kicks in with full gear.
Buhari should be a deterrent, I don't know why common sense is not common nowadays

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by TheNiceGuy(m): 6:00am On Feb 12, 2022
What was In the bullion van and tell us where it was coming from
Sabadon:
Same one you transported in a bullion van?

15 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by AstralBody: 6:00am On Feb 12, 2022
He must have pocket more than half of the shares. Tinubu,can't be trusted with Nigeria resources. He will steal it all, before we blink an eyelid.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by TheNiceGuy(m): 6:00am On Feb 12, 2022
Getat [s]
Irupetepete:
you lots will be the same sets of people to cry foul when his dementia finally kicks in with full gear.
Buhari should be a deterrent, I don't know why common sense is not common nowadays
[/s]

12 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by Irupetepete: 6:02am On Feb 12, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
Getat [s][/s]
I will remind you later

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by lonecatt(m): 6:04am On Feb 12, 2022
No doubt tinubu did well as Lagos state governor,infact he was one of the best governor at that time but tinubu is now an ancestor that should be resting and enjoying his loots.
Nigeria problems today need a vibrant and younger president.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by DMerciful(m): 6:04am On Feb 12, 2022
Gave with one hand, collect with both hands grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by Sabadon(m): 6:05am On Feb 12, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
What was In the bullion van and tell us where it was coming from
it was filled with cookies coming from the factory

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by Sheuns(m): 6:05am On Feb 12, 2022
No doubts Tinubu did very well when he was governor. Most of the works didn’t show, that’s cos he was laying the foundation for others to build upon. The results started showing when Fashola became governor. It’s always good to be visionary and not only live for the moment or do things for momentarily praises. That’s why this man still commands so much respect and influence in Lagos after almost 16 years of leaving office as governor.

On his presidential aspirations, I wish him best of luck. That’s left for the Nigerian people to decide.

19 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by blancsn1: 6:09am On Feb 12, 2022
This is unlike the criminal Peter Peter Obi who invested Anambra state fund into brewery only to sell the company to his father on the eve of his departure.

20 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by oyatz(m): 6:09am On Feb 12, 2022
YouandiAllofus:
No wonder they had to transform to all sorts of names in a bid to escape the incessant milking by the bullion man. (econet, celtel, zain now airtel) grin

You were a baby then and not even intelligent enough to read about what happened or even this story.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by BigDawsNet: 6:09am On Feb 12, 2022
Do you know the oldest Iphone was owned by Adam and Eve?

It was an apple, with very limited memory, one byte and everything crashed embarassed

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Economic Hardship: Nigerians Return To Charcoal Stoves, Firewood / Power Grid Collapses Again / Hunters: We Are Ready To Capture Shekau, Boko Haram Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.