Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,198 members, 7,953,730 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:33 AM

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) - Properties (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) (297898 Views)

How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira / Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by lanreola1960: 9:43pm On Aug 21, 2013
Please i need a rough estimate cost of four bedroom detached duplex (all rooms ensuite) on a 120 x 60 ft land. Location Sangotendo, Ajah. Please help smiley my email address is lanreola1960@yahoo.com
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by GeorgeD1(m): 11:23am On Aug 23, 2013
lanreola1960: Please i need a rough estimate cost of four bedroom detached duplex (all rooms ensuite) on a 120 x 60 ft land. Location Sangotendo, Ajah. Please help smiley my email address is lanreola1960@yahoo.com

lanreola1960,

i think your best bet is to consult a certified quantity surveyor (qs) for your estimates (bill of materials). no two buildings are ever the same, be it 4 bedroom, 3 bedroom, shopping complex, etc. the qs will cost your building for you to the last bag of cement or iron rod based on your building design.
whatever advice or quote you may get from in here will be rough guesses at best which at the end of the day may be counter productive. i know you want to save money by not going the qs route but think of all the money you may lose in buying excess materials or going repeatedly to buy additional materials just because the estimates you were given was faulty? what you're doing now is just like asking a tailor for advice on how to treat an ulcer patient.

besides, people always think that consulting a quantity surveyor is expensive. personally i have used their services and its not as expensive as we think. a couple of them charge very moderate fees and they get the job done professionally. you'll be impressed at the end result.

just my one cent.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by fendorf(m): 11:34am On Aug 23, 2013
Contact us for ur Granite(directly from the quarry),sharp sand & Sandfilling 07064696356 fendorf2003@yahoo.com
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NL1960: 12:35pm On Oct 29, 2013
Oga Spyder, no vex iam bringing up this your thread. You know say na me and you dey share this thread.

Need to post current state of my project.

1 Like

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NL1960: 1:20pm On Oct 29, 2013
Make una manage the pics. camera used was bad. So the pics did not come out well.

In order of appearance:

(1) Main sitting room

(2) Dinning Area.

(3) Toilet and Bathroom

(4) Kitchen

1 Like

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NL1960: 1:37pm On Oct 29, 2013
Oga Spyder et al, i need some suggestions on what to do with the pillars (both up and down) here. My thinking is:

(1) Use frontal tiles for them

(2) design the pillars e.g. using POP

(3) ??.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Costa2000(m): 11:52am On Oct 30, 2013
Nice house, welldone.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 1:41pm On Oct 30, 2013
^^^ Will be back to read the response to this . . . . Nice unit
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by mufutau55(m): 2:41pm On Oct 30, 2013
NL1960. You have done good. Keep it up, nice.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:52am On Oct 31, 2013
NL1960: Oga Spyder, no vex iam bringing up this your thread. You know say na me and you dey share this thread.

Vex for wetin? We are in this together.

NL1960: Oga Spyder et al, i need some suggestions on what to do with the pillars (both up and down) here. My thinking is:

(1) Use frontal tiles for them

(2) design the pillars e.g. using POP

(3) ??.

Since you have used frontal tiles in some parts of the house like the front, another set of tiles will be an overkill. Try some simple POP pillar designs to make the pillars different.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NL1960: 10:44am On Oct 31, 2013
spyder880:

Vex for wetin? We are in this together.

[b]Since you have used frontal tiles in some parts of the house like the front, another set of tiles will be an overkill. Try some simple POP pillar designs to make the pillars differen[/b]t.

Thanks. You and my brother that is handling the project have the same view. He wants to make the pillars square instead of the round one that is at the front. Varieties they say is the spice of life.

So una two don defeat me. POP pillar is it then. Make i go look for money for the design.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by abbey4ril: 12:13pm On Oct 31, 2013
I hail all my ogas in the house..i've maintained a close watch on this topic since it started in part 1 though didn't contribute until now. thumb up to Spyder, babrus, am alone and others too numerous to mention. Please I have a question. I just acquired a plot of land in Lagos mainland (about 776 sq mmtrs going by the approved survey)and instucted my architect to give me a good design of a six bed room duplex with two flats of 2 bedroom each storey building in front while the duplex will be at the back. I am a novice in building and have heard people talk about soil test. Please is soil test a must? Also, i feel that the 200k the architect charged me is too much. Though he claimed he will do prototype and 3-D design. I hope to track all my cost on this thread and update you guys.

Please help answer my questions and other useful tips. I greet you all.

1 Like

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 1:41pm On Oct 31, 2013
Learning continues . . .
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by chinosxl(m): 2:30pm On Oct 31, 2013
abbey4ril: I hail all my ogas in the house..i've maintained a close watch on this topic since it started in part 1 though didn't contribute until now. thumb up to Spyder, babrus, am alone and others too numerous to mention. Please I have a question. I just acquired a plot of land in Lagos mainland (about 776 sq mmtrs going by the approved survey)and instucted my architect to give me a good design of a six bed room duplex with two flats of 2 bedroom each storey building in front while the duplex will be at the back. I am a novice in building and have heard people talk about soil test. Please is soil test a must? Also, i feel that the 200k the architect charged me is too much. Though he claimed he will do prototype and 3-D design. I hope to track all my cost on this thread and update you guys.

I got my architectural plan done by a Nairalander for 70k (5 bedroom duplex), Mechanical for 30k, Electrical for 30k, Structural/Civil for 60k. I also had a soil test done for 60k. My Mechanical, electrical and structural/civil drawings where done in P/H while the architectural plan was done in Lagos. Assuming your architect charges 70k for each building plan (6 bedroom duplex and a separate building of 2 flats of 2 bedroom story building ) and 3-D, the 200k might not be too much but you can always negotiate.

You will need the soil test done, the Structural engineer will need the soil test results prior to starting the structural drawing.

1 Like

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 31, 2013
Mr spyder880, abeg I wan ask one small question like dat.

To build a house (from 2 - 6bedrooms), how many professionals (architects, builders and so on) are needed apart from the labourers?

And pls what the cost range of a typical Nigerian 3bedroom house?

Tenk smiley

1 Like

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by benimeogu(f): 4:18am On Nov 01, 2013
T
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NL1960: 10:06am On Nov 01, 2013
benimeogu: The house posted above needs some help. The wall tiles are bad both the color and design and the finishing. Who ever did that job need to be executed.
The wall angle dressing looks untidy as well. To me i will suggest you remove those tiles on the walls, remove the angle dressings and change it to solide angle dressing like the one Spyder is using in the PH mansion.
You need to fire your contractor,
Your pillars need decoration which is very easy if you can find a good and capable hand.
To me who ever is handling the finishing job need to go. look for better hands please.
thank
imeogu.

Relax. Na the house dey for village and not in a city like PH. So, nobody will be executed. The camera did not bring out the pics very well. Moreover, the job has not been completed.

They say that soup wen sweet, na money kill am. Do not compare this house to the PH mansion being built by Spyder. I hope you will also not compare it with the Chateau being built by Brabus.

For now, the cheap wall tiles used are fine by me as i selected and bought them based on my pocket. You can see that the sitting and dining area tiles are very different and far superior. The sitting room is where visitors come to. No visitor dey enter the bathroom and kitchen. When my pockets are deep enough like the owner of the PH mansion or the Chateau, it is from Germany that i will import all my finishing. grin.

Btw, the tiler is good. He is presently doing a contract to tile a 70-room hotel with Spanish tiles.

6 Likes

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by benimeogu(f): 1:34pm On Nov 01, 2013
T
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by dannydolly: 9:47pm On Nov 03, 2013
Nice work. Still learning from the professionals.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by eghosajohnny: 6:18pm On Nov 07, 2013
Hello sir I am a builder in benin just joined this thread and would want to share with you my idea in building I would appreciate if you send me an email on my mail address johnontop14@yahoo.com or call my number 07031886484.Thanks for your response and note sir if you have started this job and you wish me to fill in some how please call me I am very ready. Thanks for reading,your ever ready Johnny
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by sandee575(f): 10:58pm On Nov 07, 2013
NL1960,
I'm sorry but that's one terrible looking house.
Its like a drawing by a mischievous kindergarten pupil grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:33pm On Nov 07, 2013
eghosa johnny: Hello sir I am a builder in benin just joined this thread and would want to share with you my idea in building I would appreciate if you send me an email on my mail address johnontop14@yahoo.com or call my number 07031886484.Thanks for your response and note sir if you have started this job and you wish me to fill in some how please call me I am very ready. Thanks for reading,your ever ready Johnny

Ok, noted. Welcome.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by mufutau55(m): 12:42am On Nov 08, 2013
NL1960: Oga Spyder, no vex iam bringing up this your thread. You know say na me and you dey share this thread.

NL1960, why is that arc pillar hanging halfway on the last photo? What are you planning to do with that with that half pillar?
See cropped picture below... the half-legged pillar on the left side.

Hajji Mufutau

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NL1960: 10:40am On Nov 08, 2013
sandee575: NL1960,
I'm sorry but that's one terrible looking house.
Its like a drawing by a mischievous kindergarten pupil grin

Quite true. i have ordered for it to be demolished. grin.

4 Likes

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NL1960: 10:41am On Nov 08, 2013
mufutau55:

NL1960, why is that arc pillar hanging halfway on the last photo? What are you planning to do with that with that half pillar?
See cropped picture below... the half-legged pillar on the left side.

Hajji Mufutau

Iam also waiting for the builder to see what what he wants to do with it. cheesy
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by brabus(m): 11:06am On Nov 08, 2013
NL1960:

Quite true. i have ordered for it to be demolished. grin.

grin grin grin

And here comes the demolition squad cool cool cool from NASBCA (Nairaland Building Control Agency)

In some years to come, some things will not just matter. Oga NL1960, please have the experts check the structural integrity of the building and do the needful.

That pillar is there for a reason.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NL1960: 2:12pm On Nov 08, 2013
brabus:

grin grin grin

And here comes the demolition squad cool cool cool from NASBCA (Nairaland Building Control Agency)

In some years to come, some things will not just matter. Oga NL1960, please have the experts check the structural integrity of the building and do the needful.

That pillar is there for a reason.

This na simple building now. Not as complicated as the chaetea or the PH mansion.

Na so Muysek designed and built a simple bullet proof door and somebody was asking if it has been tested against certain things to be sure that it is really bullet proof as defined by experts.

Anyway, let me travel to Egypt and get the Structural Engineer and Experts that designed and built the Pyramids. What did they say again. Amateurs built the Ark while Experts built the Tatanic. grin.

3 Likes

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by mufutau55(m): 3:48pm On Nov 08, 2013
NL1960:

This na simple building now. Not as complicated as the chaetea or the PH mansion.

Na so Muysek designed and built a simple bullet proof door and somebody was asking if it has been tested against certain things to be sure that it is really bullet proof as defined by experts.

Anyway, let me travel to Egypt and get the Structural Engineer and Experts that designed and built the Pyramids. What did they say again. Amateurs built the Ark while Experts built the Tatanic. grin.

LOL!

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Demainman1: 5:17pm On Nov 08, 2013
E no easy to build house o ! How i wish all builders get taste for quality like Spyder and Brabus. Weldone NL1960.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Juell(m): 10:34pm On Nov 08, 2013
abbey4ril: I hail all my ogas in the house..i've maintained a close watch on this topic since it started in part 1 though didn't contribute until now. thumb up to Spyder, babrus, am alone and others too numerous to mention. Please I have a question. I just acquired a plot of land in Lagos mainland (about 776 sq mmtrs going by the approved survey)and instucted my architect to give me a good design of a six bed room duplex with two flats of 2 bedroom each storey building in front while the duplex will be at the back. I am a novice in building and have heard people talk about soil test. Please is soil test a must? Also, i feel that the 200k the architect charged me is too much. Though he claimed he will do prototype and 3-D design. I hope to track all my cost on this thread and update you guys.

Bros u shld be glad u got ur plan soooooooo cheap. A 6bedroom duplex and 2bedroom block of flats for 200k is a giv away. U guys dnt consider we architects, bringing out a house design is no joke, the real charge for drawings is supposed to be a percentage of the total cost of de building. Then 3D is supposed to be an entirely different tin.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by tim42d(m): 1:01pm On Nov 18, 2013
@spider880...pls i need advice am currently building a 4 bedroom duplex around gbogije and the bricklayer is using a 12mm iron rod for the pillars from foundation level with close to 24 pillars, is this ideal. Please i need urgent response before he goes too far.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Juell(m): 1:05pm On Nov 18, 2013
tim42d: @spider880...pls i need advice am currently building a 4 bedroom duplex around gbogije and the bricklayer is using a 12mm iron rod for the pillars from foundation level with close to 24 pillars, is this ideal. Please i need urgent response before he goes too far.

It shld be 16mm pls

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (Reply)

Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices / Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.