Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,032 members, 7,818,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) - Properties (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) (293534 Views)

How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira / Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by tim42d(m): 1:27pm On Nov 18, 2013
Can this still be corrected as all 22 pillars has already been cast to about 3/4ft
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Juell(m): 4:28pm On Nov 19, 2013
tim42d: Can this still be corrected as all 22 pillars has already been cast to about 3/4ft
What u need to is introduce more pillars, in-between de ones already existing.

1 Like

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by DonVico: 12:08am On Nov 20, 2013
Prof. Spyder. i am a new student of ur school of house building and i have been following ur threads. I am planing to build a 3 and 2 bedroom flats (all rms en suit) on a plot of land. can u give me an estimate/cost of what it will take from the foundation to roofing. The land is a dry ground and somewhere in PH?

You have been a blessing and an encouragement to me with this lecture of us on building a house. May God continue to bless u and ur family IJN.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 1:04am On Nov 20, 2013
Don Vico: Prof. Spyder. i am a new student of ur school of house building and i have been following ur threads. I am planing to build a 3 and 2 bedroom flats (all rms en suit) on a plot of land. can u give me an estimate/cost of what it will take from the foundation to roofing. The land is a dry ground and somewhere in PH?

You have been a blessing and an encouragement to me with this lecture of us on building a house. May God continue to bless u and ur family IJN.

Have you prepared a building plan yet?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by DonVico: 5:37pm On Nov 20, 2013
Yes and as said, its a 3 and 2 bedroom flat all rooms en suite.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by gtrust: 7:36pm On Nov 20, 2013
Don Vico: Yes and as said, its a 3 and 2 bedroom flat all rooms en suite.

Spyder didn't say you don't have a building plan.
He meant: "I need the building plan to be able to answer these question"

So, either you email the building plans directly to Spyder or you just upload it here if you want others to contribute.

Enjoy!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by emmadejust(m): 2:20am On Nov 21, 2013
For your proffessional screeding and painting works in your residential and commercial building/homes.
We give Fine standard finishing in interior and exterior screeding and painting to the delight and satisfactory taste of homes owners.
We derive Pleasures in offering extraodinary services to our customers/client homes to showcase the beauty, value, and perfection of our services.dejustpainter has been adding brilliance colours, designs,coating and wall protection works .
Try us for your -: professional screeding &painting contract.
Decorative painting design.
Material supplier contract
In portharcourt, bayelsa, aba, owerri, enugu and any location in nigeria for on site inspection and estimation

Call us 08032721809, 08188227802
Email: techdejust@gmail.com
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by tsardebeau: 8:33pm On Dec 19, 2013
Can anyone please help me calculate how many blocks needed to make this building and what size of block?

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NL1960: 1:10pm On Jan 01, 2014
Considerations for railings. Stainless steel is out of the question due to cost. Presently considering strong black or milky coloured aluminium for the upper railings and staircase and black coloured painted iron steel for the down railings. Suggestions and ideas are welcome.

1 Like

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:35pm On Jan 01, 2014
NL1960: Considerations for railings. Stainless steel is out of the question due to cost. Presently considering strong black or milky coloured aluminium for the upper railings and staircase and black coloured painted iron steel for the down railings. Suggestions and ideas are welcome.

Aluminium railings? Why not just make it steel up and down?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NL1960: 8:18pm On Jan 01, 2014
spyder880:

Aluminium railings? Why not just make it steel up and down?

Thanks. The reason i was considerig aluminium railings was because my present rented apartment has it in the upper part and it is beautiful. It is black in colour. I have also seen the the milky colour type somewhere close to my project and it is also fine.

Anyway, if you have pictures of steel railings, can you please post some of them.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 9:05pm On Jan 01, 2014
NL1960:

Thanks. The reason i was considerig aluminium railings was because my present rented apartment has it in the upper part and it is beautiful. It is black in colour. I have also seen the the milky colour type somewhere close to my project and it is also fine.

Anyway, if you have pictures of steel railings, can you please post some of them.

I will try and look up some steel rails and post later today, please also post those aluminium rails let's see how fine they look, some of us here might need them.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:44pm On Jan 01, 2014
Some railings made of steel, the second picture is a staircase railing still being made.

1 Like

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NL1960: 9:29pm On Jan 02, 2014
spyder880:

I will try and look up some steel rails and post later today, please also post those aluminium rails let's see how fine they look, some of us here might need them.

some pics. This house is more than 10 years old.

Pics 1 and 2 are aluminuim railings while pics 3 and 4 are steel railings

1 Like

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by benimeogu(f): 10:02pm On Jan 02, 2014
W
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:26pm On Jan 02, 2014
benimeogu: What is the cost deference between the aluminum rails, steel designed rails and balusters.

Should I even create another thread on railings alone? I have got some nice ideas in pictures for railings, metal, concrete, wood, stainless and some wonderful designs.

2 Likes

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by mufutau55(m): 10:32pm On Jan 02, 2014
spyder880:

Should I even create another thread on railings alone? I have got some nice ideas in pictures for railings, metal, concrete, wood, stainless and some wonderful designs.

That would be wonderful, Oga Spyder. Enquiry mind wants to learn.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:04pm On Jan 02, 2014
mufutau55:

That would be wonderful, Oga Spyder. Enquiry mind wants to learn.

Hajji Mufutau

Ok, boss. I will start searching my picture library.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by benimeogu(f): 11:52pm On Jan 02, 2014
P
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:01am On Jan 03, 2014
benimeogu: Please we need the cost deference between aluminum,steel and balusters.

I think the stainless will be more costly than the rest, but there are stainless and there are stainless. I have seen some stainless rails that started fading just a few months after it was fixed, same thing for steel. There are different types and sizes of pipes, some use 2" thick pipes, others use 2 and a half inches while some will love the square pipes. In the middle design, I have seen square rods, wrought iron, different designs. There are different thickness in all of them.

The baluster made with concrete is even more varied, so many shapes and sizes of different designs are available in the market. In fact the baluster is a big topic, I need a whole thread to explain it.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by benimeogu(f): 5:54am On Jan 03, 2014
Pl
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by benimeogu(f): 6:56am On Jan 03, 2014
se
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NL1960: 9:24am On Jan 03, 2014
benimeogu: see the available designs

Are these the designs for which you got the 400k quote for?. If not, you can post picture samples for us to view.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by benimeogu(f): 1:36pm On Jan 03, 2014
T
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 1:52pm On Jan 03, 2014
benimeogu: The above designs are exactly what I have in mind, but I am concerned about the costs and the final finishing.
The baluster contractor is quoting
N450 per each regular baluster and N800 for the new designs. Honestly,I don't even know the difference between the old and new designs or how the new designs look like and why I should pay extra N400 for the new design. Installation cost is not involved with the quote.

Hope to have some free time at night to show some pictures.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by gabbytabby: 3:01pm On Jan 03, 2014
Mr Spyder,

Just some idea on costing for the metal water stand that you had for the port-harcourt mansion. I want to compare metal with the concrete stand. Thank you.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NL1960: 4:40pm On Jan 03, 2014
spyder880:

Hope to have some free time at night to show some pictures.

ok. Is it possible you also give an idea of what it cost to do a wardrobe (9ft * 6ft) and kitchen cabinet. An amount range is fine.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by gabbytabby: 5:31pm On Jan 03, 2014
tsardebeau: Can anyone please help me calculate how many blocks needed to make this building and what size of block?

Something to help you do the calculation yourself.

a block is 1.5ft and if I read your drawing correctly, the rough edge length and breath of your drawings is 30ft by 34ft meaning for one layer you need

=86 * 16(bungalow) =

Do the same for the insides and you get an idea of the amount of blocks you need add 10% - 15% for breakages.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Demainman1: 6:54pm On Jan 04, 2014
gabbytabby: Mr Spyder,

Just some idea on costing for the metal water stand that you had for the port-harcourt mansion. I want to compare metal with the concrete stand. Thank you.

E be like say prof Spyder is no longer forthcoming with costing these days. I asked similar question in the past but did not get an answer.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 9:27pm On Jan 04, 2014
Demain_man:

E be like say prof Spyder is no longer forthcoming with costing these days. I asked similar question in the past but did not get an answer.

I am fully transparent on costs, but sometimes where the costs are still not complete or clear due to ongoing calculation, I delay the release of figures to avoid misleading anyone. Welcome Sir.

The tank stand in the PH mansion cost N450k to do, all materials and labour with standing the tank, the plastic tank is excluded from this cost.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by gabbytabby: 10:05pm On Jan 04, 2014
spyder880:

I am fully transparent on costs, but sometimes where the costs are still not complete or clear due to ongoing calculation, I delay the release of figures to avoid misleading anyone. Welcome Sir.

The tank stand in the PH mansion cost N450k to do, all materials and labour with standing the tank, the plastic tank is excluded from this cost.

Thanks Oga spyder. I am doing a concrete one which was finally casted today will cost about 250k and they will plaster it in a week's time. I was hoping that the metal might come in cheaper.

They look very thick and steady such that it is understandable. Transportation cost alone is likely to be hefty.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by OilSubsidy: 12:25am On Jan 05, 2014
spyder880:

Yeah! 450K? I never imagined in my wildest dream that the tank stand will be this expensive. So we are looking at 1M by the time you add the cost of drilling the borehole!

Building a house in Naija no be beans o o sad

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (Reply)

Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices / Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.