Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,553 members, 7,819,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) - Properties (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) (293608 Views)

How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira / Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:33pm On Jan 05, 2014
OilSubsidy:

Yeah! 450K? I never imagined in my wildest dream that the tank stand will be this expensive. So we are looking at 1M by the time you add the cost of drilling the borehole!

Building a house in Naija no be beans o o sad

The borehole drilling, Submersible pump and other equipment costs around N120k in PH.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Demainman1: 10:57am On Jan 06, 2014
spyder880:

I am fully transparent on costs, but sometimes where the costs are still not complete or clear due to ongoing calculation, I delay the release of figures to avoid misleading anyone. Welcome Sir.

The tank stand in the PH mansion cost N450k to do, all materials and labour with standing the tank, the plastic tank is excluded from this cost.

Thanks prof. Let me go back to start saving for my own tank stand.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by lashane: 1:35pm On Jan 06, 2014
I have been in the classroom for hours, now to have a break. Thanks baba Spyder and all for the brilliant insights. More oil to your elbows.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by gabbytabby: 7:12pm On Jan 06, 2014
Demain_man:

Thanks prof. Let me go back to start saving for my own tank stand.

I spoke to my welder and they have versions for poor people like me which is still strong and is in the 100k region for the tall and 50k for bungalow. Its good to know that other options exist which does not compromise on safety.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by mufutau55(m): 7:22pm On Jan 06, 2014
gabbytabby:

I spoke to my welder and they have versions for poor people like me which is still strong and is in the 100k region for the tall and 50k for bungalow. Its good to know that other options exit which does not compromise on safety.

Thanks for this prices.. I am also gonna need that soon.. Do you have the estimates for the Bricklayer for construction of the
post/pillars to hold the welded posts? Thanks.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by gabbytabby: 7:32pm On Jan 06, 2014
mufutau55:

Thanks for this prices.. I am also gonna need that soon.. Do you have the estimates for the Bricklayer for construction of the
post/pillars to hold the welded posts? Thanks.

Hajji Mufutau

I did not get into that. He will usually work with my bricklayer for installations be it gate, decking etc. I would think if you have the materials he can bring someone with him to install or tell you what needs to happen.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 7:56pm On Jan 06, 2014
gabbytabby:

I spoke to my welder and they have versions for poor people like me which is still strong and is in the 100k region for the tall and 50k for bungalow. Its good to know that other options exist which does not compromise on safety.

Yes, shorter versions will be cheaper, in PH my client wanted a stand that will be taller than his house. He wanted good pressure on the taps and showers and it comes with the force of gravity mostly. To keep 2 tanks so heavy that high, we needed to use high guage steel pipes of about 40 foot long. That added to the costs.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by gabbytabby: 8:13pm On Jan 06, 2014
spyder880:

Yes, shorter versions will be cheaper, in PH my client wanted a stand that will be taller than his house. He wanted good pressure on the taps and showers and it comes with the force of gravity mostly. To keep 2 tanks so heavy that high, we needed to use high guage steel pipes of about 40 foot long. That added to the costs.

Once I saw it, it was unlike any that I had seen before hence the question. As they say sweet soup na money kill am oh.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by propertygeek: 11:02am On Jan 07, 2014

Here are current prices for a wide range of Premium Quality Roofing Sheets. Products range from Box Profiles to Tiles, PU Insulated Sheets, Aluzinc, Crimps and Flashings available in different colours

Current Price of Aluminium Roofing sheets

For Aluminium LONGSPAN

0.45mm Longspan cost =N=1300 per sqm
0.55mm Longspan cost =N=1600 per sqm
0.70mm longspan cost =N=2100 per sqm

For Aluminium Step Tile/ Metcoppa

0.45mm Step Tile cost =N=1400 per sqm
0.55mm Step Tile cost =N=1700 per sqm
0.70mm Step Tile cost =N=2300 per sqm

Discount are given as well as prices are negotiable

Call the Propertygeek OlAITAN on 07035657723, 09093331555, BB PIN 25DC3C6F
Email me on btk9milla@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Demainman1: 11:22am On Jan 07, 2014
gabbytabby:

This is great news for someone like me. When I told the wife about the likely cost of tank stand at up to 450K, i saw depression written all over her face grin. It has not been easy building a house in Nigeria with just one salary while trying to run a family here. At least 50k - 100k will be affordable.

Thanks Gabbytabby for this info. Thanks prof Spyder for the initial expose on the cost.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NL1960: 2:30pm On Jan 07, 2014
gabbytabby:

@gabbytabby. Please post a pic of this once it is completed by your welder. The poor like me will also need it.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NL1960: 2:32pm On Jan 07, 2014
NL1960:

ok. Is it possible you also give an idea of what it cost to do a wardrobe (9ft * 6ft) and kitchen cabinet. An amount range is fine.

@spyder880. Still waiting for answer to this. Iam looking at medium finishes that is affordable and not expensive and not the top of the range types that cost almost an arm.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:45pm On Jan 07, 2014
NL1960:

@spyder880. Still waiting for answer to this. Iam looking at medium finishes that is affordable and not expensive and not the top of the range types that cost almost an arm.

Not done a wardrobe recently but this was done in my house this November, a kitchen cabinet for N100k

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 10:53pm On Jan 07, 2014
spyder880:

Not done a wardrobe recently but this was done in my house this November, a kitchen cabinet for N100k

Nice . . .Always knew that my Chairman at the Top got some taste
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NL1960: 10:54am On Jan 08, 2014
spyder880:

Thanks. I can work with this. The 160k quote i got for kitchen cabinet with marble for my small kitchen threw me off to the extent that i was thinking of converting it to a kitchen that uses firewood. After all, na for village the project dey.

2 Likes

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by mufutau55(m): 3:46pm On Jan 08, 2014
NL1960:

Thanks. I can work with this. The 160k quote i got for kitchen cabinet with marble for my small kitchen threw me off to the extent that i was thinking of converting it to a kitchen that uses firewood. After all, na for village the project dey.

You got me cracking... LOLROTF! Firewood Kitchen in that big beautiful modern castle, from the Oga pata-pata from Obodo-Oyinbo? Not you!
Even if na village house.. how do you think City become City? City nah Village at one time.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by cleric(m): 2:13am On Jul 13, 2014
Learnt a lot. Spyder, I will give you a call soon.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by sako28: 5:43am On Aug 28, 2014
spyder880:

Oga spyder God bless you for ur insight and help to many. Please where can one get granite around port harcourt. I'm learning from treads here and need a quary to granite. Granite in PH is too expensive so looking for a good quary around. My fellow nairaland ogas if you know please give the infor.

Thank for the infor.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by tommyvicky: 9:39pm On May 17, 2015
Please what is the total square meter of the house?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Boboye26: 10:47pm On Jan 11, 2016
Hello, my pple I have two of plot of land in Ibadan oyo state my dream is to build 6bedroom duplex with all room en-suit and two living room with security house.can someone get me nice plan or lovely designed of it my mail is boboye27@yahoo.ca..Thanks
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Boboye26: 11:36pm On Jan 11, 2016
Boboye26:
Hello, my pple I have two of plot of land in Ibadan oyo state my dream is to build 6bedroom duplex with all room en-suit and two living room with security house.can someone get me nice plan or lovely designed of it my mail is boboye27@yahoo.ca..Thanks
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by asog: 6:03am On Jan 12, 2016
Happy new year spyder, please I cannot go through all the posts but the few av read are really nice. U are doing a good job. Please am based in abuja, just recently bought a land and will like to start something soon. Please can u give me a current cost analysis of building a 6 bedroom duplex from start to finish. I will really appreciate if u can break it down for me. Thanks.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 8:48am On Jan 13, 2016
asog:
Happy new year spyder, please I cannot go through all the posts but the few av read are really nice. U are doing a good job. Please am based in abuja, just recently bought a land and will like to start something soon. Please can u give me a current cost analysis of building a 6 bedroom duplex from start to finish. I will really appreciate if u can break it down for me. Thanks.

l have replied you in our home finish thread. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by nwabuwa: 7:20am On Apr 10, 2016
[quote author=spyder880 post=41926518]

l have replied you in our home finish
Please spyder, am in a dilemma. I want to use 4"strip foundation, 5" solid block, 4 columns on the four edges, for this building. My question is, if the the foundation comes upto 3-4 courses above ground, will it not break when filled with laterite. The side with a self con room is a bit sloppy. Is there anything to be done to forestall this. Thanks and God bless.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by osakajapan: 8:32am On Apr 10, 2016
Please house .
How much is blocks in owerri imp state. Around avan ikeokwu college of education
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:27am On Apr 10, 2016
osakajapan:
Please house .
How much is blocks in owerri imp state. Around avan ikeokwu college of education

N120-125
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by nwabuwa: 12:40pm On Apr 10, 2016
spyder880:

N120-125
Any suggestions please..
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by ananne: 1:29pm On Apr 25, 2016
Hello spyder. Thanks for your contributions. I currently earn 100k per month and have plans to build a 4 bedroom + living room apartment ensuite. I have a half plot of land somewhere in anambra state. How would you advice me to start? Someone said i should mould close to 4000 blocks first before doing the foundation. Pls advice me. Should i wait will i am able to save up to 1 million to start or i should start buying things with the little i have.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by ananne: 1:31pm On Apr 25, 2016
Secondly there is an old one room and parlour on the land. Someone said i should renovate and add more rooms to build. Do you think it will be cheaper? Or should i demolish and start afresh with regards to me earlier comments? Thanks.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by benbertie: 4:13am On Oct 25, 2017
You need to know how to go about the process of buying and owning a Property in Nigeria. There are several Laws which govern and regulate the process. Hence, usually, it is time and capital intensive. On Property transactions, the legal maxim is apt: “Caveat Emptor” - Buyers Beware. It is not for a Seller to beware. A Buyer needs to exercise full caution and due diligence when buying a property.

This Guide on How to Buy Property [Land or House] in Nigeria makes a bold attempt to provide an in-depth insight on all an interested Buyer should know. Simply follow our prescribed step:
1. Identify the objectives.
2. Conduct a physical inspection of the property.
3. Hire professionals to conduct a property search.
4. Documentation and payments.
5. Take possession.
6. Processing of governors consent & registration of documents with the State Government.

Read the full Article https://www.nairaland.com/4136950/guide-how-buy-property-land#61743909
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by kachesky: 9:00pm On Feb 19, 2018
Please i just want to know how much it will cost me to build a 6 bedroom duplex with all rooms ensuite and also will it be possible on a plot of land

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (Reply)

Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices / Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.