Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,538 members, 7,823,351 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) - Properties (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) (293842 Views)

How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira / Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:08pm On Aug 01, 2011
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:10pm On Aug 01, 2011
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:14pm On Aug 01, 2011
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:17pm On Aug 01, 2011
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by remcoface: 12:48am On Aug 02, 2011
^^^Coming up nice smiley smiley
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 1:09am On Aug 02, 2011
Beauty in Bricks
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by rastaman20(m): 7:47pm On Aug 02, 2011
oga spdyer880, that is cute,
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by DCGUY: 10:16pm On Aug 02, 2011
@ Chief Nze Spyder; you hand don dey show!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by rastaman20(m): 10:42pm On Aug 02, 2011
DCGUY:

LOl Nze 1 grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by ernyz: 2:56am On Aug 03, 2011
Hi everyone,
I urgently need used planks for my LINTELS. Project (2 flats of 3bedrooms) located in the Shangisha/Ikosi area. Pls do drop your number here and also indicate location of planks because proximity to my site will be the deciding factor on who I buy from.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by ganny1: 3:03am On Aug 03, 2011
@ if u really serious about the used plan contact me on kotgan2k3@yahoo.com
location at awoyaya, ajah
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 4:16am On Aug 03, 2011
remcoface:

^^^Coming up nice smiley smiley

Fhemmmy:

Beauty in Bricks

rastaman20:

oga spdyer880, that is cute,

DCGUY:

Thank you my people, I must say we are trying to improve, I didn't like the quality of work they did in the block setting on the ground floor but since I sacked some bricklayers and a supervisor, the quality of my block works must improve, the fence project block setting looks more like what I want to be my minimal standard in block work I can accept.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 4:24am On Aug 03, 2011
Due to the meeting we held yesterday evening to see if I can help another friend buy his land, I could not cover the work they did here yesterday in pictures. But the works are ongoing and there will be picture updates later this evening.
I intend to buy more rods for the lintel of this duplex. I also need more cement and may even buy blocks if possible. I am updating the costs and will soon post all cost updates.

Thank you once again for your support.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by ernyz: 7:54am On Aug 03, 2011
Hi everyone,
I urgently need used planks for my LINTELS. Project (2 flats of 3bedrooms) located in the Shangisha/Ikosi area. Pls do drop your number here and also indicate location of planks because proximity to my site will be the deciding factor on who I buy from.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by princeonx: 4:49pm On Aug 03, 2011
Ol'boy where this Shangishi/Ikosi dey abeg? which area?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by ganny1: 7:20pm On Aug 03, 2011
@ ERNYZ, i have planks if you like to buy, the location is at awoyaya in Ajah. write me on kotgan2k3@yahoo.com or call my cousin 08055950069. this plank is stil nwe, because i only used it ones. even its til on the deckin just to get a carpenter to remove it down
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by DCGUY: 11:57pm On Aug 03, 2011
@ganny; pls do you recall how much you spent on your foundation and german floor? and, how many boards did you use.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by ganny1: 3:13am On Aug 04, 2011
@ DCGUY, sincerely speaking i spend close to 1.5 million on the foundation. Is a raft foundation and i used 3 boards with 43 pillars. its 4 flat with all ersuit. Concerning the german floor, i spent 1m, mainly because of the filling and the adcore i bought. the fillin alone cost me 450,000 while the adcore stone 220,000 and i layed wire net and some irons on it b4 castin it. inshort all 2gether cost me 2.5 million. now the decking is done, and that cost me 2.3m. all expenses sofar is app. 6m
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by kunlekunle: 3:36am On Aug 04, 2011
ganny1

is the house in flood zone
did you waterproof the floor or raise the foundation?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 8:26am On Aug 04, 2011
The total number of 12mm iron rods required to do my lintels and pillars will be 80, I am buying it now and will also load them with 30 bags of cement for the block making to continue. I also called for sand and it will be delivered today.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Jomodupri(m): 9:06am On Aug 04, 2011
Oga Sypder, Brabus and others, I beg make una help ooo.

I'm currently building a four bedrooms bungalow in Mowe along Ofada road but I have some reservations about the work done by my mason on the sites.

Those issues include:
No german floor was done
No pillars but two pillars will be erected at the entering point in the front and at the back of the house.
The lintel will not be chaining each others at the four corners of the house, blocks were used instead and the lintel will be only over the doors and the windows.
The foundation is just three coaches from the blinding stage.

He cliamed the soil is dry and compacted enough to hold the structure.

My action plans:
Make the foundation up to four coaches
To do lintel round the house (chain) OR remove the blocks at the corners of the house to erect pillars at those points.

What are your stands pls?

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:05am On Aug 04, 2011
@ jomodupri, I tire o, the mistakes I see there will be difficult to ammend. First, on the foundation stage, I wonder why there was no german floor because even in Enugu where we have stony land we still do a uniform German floor. Secondly on the lintels, the modern thing these days is to chain your lintels to add that unified stregnth to the upper side of the house. I can forgive the lack of pillars if there are no projections off the walls but for any land near Lagos, some pillars may be recommended, even if its at the four corners of the house, who knows, you might decide to roof your house with heavy roof/wood in future.
But, did you draw and get approval for your building plan sef? What did it specify? Did they mention the pillars/lintel in the plans.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by ernyz: 10:19am On Aug 04, 2011
ganny1: Sorry Awoyaya is too far from Ketu, trans will kill me.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by ernyz: 10:21am On Aug 04, 2011
prince_onx : The area is Ketu but closer to Maagodo.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by kunlekunle: 11:24am On Aug 04, 2011
jomodupri

there are two approaches to this issue
you can either do the floor to cover your foundation (german floor)
or you erect the walls and floor the inner rooms only
your mason chose the second
mostly common style in the 80s and 90s.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Jomodupri(m): 12:10pm On Aug 04, 2011
Thanks all for the comments given so far.

Oga Sypder, like I stated earlier, what I intend doing now is to make it to four coaches from the blinding floor and do chain lintel round the house.

He will have to remove the blocks at the corners (atleast the four corners) to erect the pillars as I will be using 0.45mm long span aluminium roofing sheets. I was not available to monitor the project myself.

On the issue of the building approval, the arch that drew the plan is currently helping to get the approval.

Definitely, no amendment can be done on the german floor, I'll have to bear that consequence and floor the inner sections only.

Can I have your phone number please, may we can hook on jomodupri@yahoo.co.uk ?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by cinzo: 1:02pm On Aug 04, 2011
@JOMODUPRI, ITS A BUNGALOW SO THE ISSUE OF GERMAN FLOOR CAN BE OVERLOOKED BUT HE MUST CHAIN THE LINTEL ALL ROUND. THAT WILL HELP TO SUPPORT THE ROOF. BUT IN FUTURE YOU CANNOT DECIDE TO UPGRADE THE HOUSE TO A STOREY BUILDING
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Jomodupri(m): 1:13pm On Aug 04, 2011
Thanks, oga Cinzo. I don't intend raise the house beyond bungalow/ground floor.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 1:20pm On Aug 04, 2011
@jomodupri, you can reach me on 08033350750. Just call me after 6pm as I will be off the air as I go visit a site in an area where there is no network coverage.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by rastaman20(m): 1:28pm On Aug 04, 2011
Oga Spyder880. i am so happy that your project is on its final stage.

Pls i have this question to ask, Since this is your project,your profersional fees are not included grin grin grin grin grin when summarying up the real cost of buliding right?.

Supposing, if a client required yourservices on this particular project you have , building on the same location, Pls sir what is your fees?

Sir, you know that this is a school grin grin grin grin grin.like a student,i knows that some of your students will like to know too.

Looking at it  from the other side, (investment purpose).before the actual figure is achieved, the total cost of everything must be acknowledged.

You cannt tell me that you will building for free. if not for you, ur Family must chop, grin grin grin grin grin. Even my little sister that just arrived, alot of milk is needed. grin grin grin grin.is not easy oooo, grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Jomodupri(m): 1:38pm On Aug 04, 2011
Thanks Oga Sypder.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 3:04pm On Aug 04, 2011
Update oh

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (93) (Reply)

Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices / Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.