Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,246 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) - Properties (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) (293266 Views)

How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira / Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:11pm On Aug 07, 2011
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:19pm On Aug 07, 2011
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:26pm On Aug 07, 2011
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:30pm On Aug 07, 2011
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:35pm On Aug 07, 2011
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:52pm On Aug 07, 2011
Networkoooooooooooo!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 2:51am On Aug 08, 2011
I am so glad that i have followed this thread from the start, cos i am able to know and learn a lot.
It is taking so much shape and i pray that God will continue to help and strengthen you . . . .beautiful home
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:25am On Aug 08, 2011
Cost updates

Since the last time I showed updates of my spending in this building, I have done these;

Bought 45 bags of cement @N1570 (average)  N70,650
4 Trips of sand (some still visible in post nr 547  N24,000
paid block maker for 33 bags made @ N500  = N16,500
bought 500 blocks @ N100 = N50,000
paid bricklayers  N29,000
paid serving mason N9,600
bought iron rods (visible in post 547)  N1380 x 80 = N110,400
Transports/loading/offloading   N14,000
water  N3500
paid my engineer  N30,000
paid iron benders N23,000 (to bend and hang all the iron for upper pillars and lintels)
paid boys to carry 1200 blocks upstairs N5 X 1200 = N 6,000

(If I remember more, I will update again)

This total N386,650.00

The last total was N2,037,450.00

Add these two and we have a new total of N2,424,100.00
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:34am On Aug 08, 2011
Maybe the full work for that cost is not showing yet, by the time they hang all the lintel rods and do the blocks up to level, we might appreciate these costs more. I still have 14 1/2 bags of cement in this site, 2 trips of sand and half trip of gravel pending. I have contracted somebody to cut 20 pcs of bamboo and deliver them to site as we will need a tall scaffold to get to the front of the house and do the blocks on those unsupported areas in front of the duplex (the right side, looking at post nr 547)
I may not buy much wood for the lintels as I have like 40 planks left on the decking inside, it will be used for the wood work and we will buy the rest and join.

like play like play, I don dey approach roofing, can you imagine the concombility? grin cheesy grin[b] Baba God is too much!!![/b] grin

1 Like

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:16am On Aug 08, 2011
And from my calculations, we might just round off with N2.5m or a little more to get ready for roofing. That will be great, my wife is already planning on what to do with her kitchen!
But may God provide funds.

1 Like

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by remcoface: 1:37pm On Aug 08, 2011
You have done great for your family and am happy for you.
Don't worry the good Lord will provide for you in abundant.

1 Like

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by remcoface: 1:39pm On Aug 08, 2011
Gone
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 4:26pm On Aug 08, 2011
@Spyder . . . That kinda cost is what i called prudence at its best.

Wow . . . . u have really given people reason to know building a house does not have to be a bank breaking event . . . thanks and more grease to your elbow . . .
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by nadabo70(m): 5:25pm On Aug 08, 2011
@spyder880
When I first came across this thread, it was at page 30 or there about. I couldn't go to bed that day till i finished

reading through the whole pages. Ever since i have been addicted to it and your other threads.

You have inspired and motivated me to build my own house by the grace of God. I have now acquired a plot of land  

(50 x 60 because I was unable to get full one at a choice location). Is it possible to build similar structure (your duplex)

on such land. I want to follow your footstep and see if I could succeed at arriving at cost close to yours(I know it is not easy to get your result)
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by rastaman20(m): 6:23pm On Aug 08, 2011
@Spyder880 has making building as easy as learning A,B,C.

Still learning
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 6:37pm On Aug 08, 2011
^^^ Very True
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 6:58pm On Aug 08, 2011
@ all, thank you for the nice comments.

@nadabo70, its kinda hard to fit my kind of duplex on a 60x50 plot but it will work with very little space remaining. My duplex measures about 40x32 and that means you have only 13ft at the front, assuming you set back only 7ft behind the house. On the width which is 50ft, remove the width of my duplex which is 32ft and you have 18ft remaining. Now set 7ft out from the side near the wall and you will have about 11ft left on the side you will park your ride(s).
The soak away pit can be placed at the far corner on the line where you park your cars.
Not a lot of space to play in but it is workable. Make sure you obtain permits to ensure the town council don't come knocking.

1 Like

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by shopclue: 7:21pm On Aug 08, 2011
spyder880:

Maybe the full work for that cost is not showing yet, by the time they hang all the lintel rods and do the blocks up to level, we might appreciate these costs more. I still have 14 1/2 bags of cement in this site, 2 trips of sand and half trip of gravel pending. I have contracted somebody to cut 20 pcs of bamboo and deliver them to site as we will need a tall scaffold to get to the front of the house and do the blocks on those unsupported areas in front of the duplex (the right side, looking at post nr 547)
I may not buy much wood for the lintels as I have like 40 planks left on the decking inside, it will be used for the wood work and we will buy the rest and join.

like play like play, I don dey approach roofing, can you imagine the concombility? grin cheesy grin[b] Baba God is too much!!![/b] grin

I love this!!! All the good inspiration that you've roused in others, I pray it will come back to you multi-fold. You rocks!!! Baba God never start something and not finish it. HE will finish it for you. Congrats!

1 Like

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by rastaman20(m): 8:09pm On Aug 08, 2011
With his good gesture, only on phone,can wait to meet him in person.

Oga spyder880 na you biko grin grin grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:44am On Aug 09, 2011
The zeal to know more, just bought these books to read in my spare time.

1 Like

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 6:00am On Aug 09, 2011
Work is still in progress here as the iron benders are working to earn their money. The brick layer is still on duty doing what he knows best. More picture updates later today.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by nadabo70(m): 11:11am On Aug 09, 2011
@ spyder880

Thanks a million,only God will reward you for the wonders you are doing in demystifying building. I copied the duplex

plan from previous posts,what I don't know is weather it contains structural and electrical drawings as well.

If it doesn't, can you kindly send me the complete plan as the one in the post is not too clear.

Thanks once again.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ferya(f): 2:58pm On Aug 09, 2011
@ Spyder

Wow! you are almost through, I am as excited as you & Madam. grin She will be proud of you. Congrats cheesy
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 3:03pm On Aug 09, 2011
Information galore . . . loving it
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Nobody: 3:19pm On Aug 09, 2011
I really did not get this thread until just now, Mr. Spyder is it the bedroom you are still building at that cost?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by captain01: 3:20pm On Aug 09, 2011
pls how much is d sch fees as @ knw
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ferya(f): 3:27pm On Aug 09, 2011
pls how much is d sch fees as

@captain01
Are you a new student? grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by austino01(m): 3:53pm On Aug 09, 2011
pls, nairaland i need help and any contribution will be highly welcome. i need someone that know something about how to get the building permit in lugbe extention area of abuja i have a plot of land that i want to start the building very soon but the guy that suppose to help me acquire the permit is slowing me down. about four month ago i gave him 150,000 naira which he said he will use in processing the DPC in other for me to start building but up to date the permit is not ready and am runing out of time i only have till end of august to kick off this project pls can someone come to my rescue because i dont want to pay another rent again my rent is DUE BY THE END OF OCT 2011 PLS HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 4:21pm On Aug 09, 2011
@ nadabo70, will look for the clear plan

@ Ferya, thank you very much

@ blink182, that's the whole cost for getting it to lintel level and hanging the lintel and pillar iron. I want to believe that N2.550 or at worse N2.6m will be enough to finish the whole thing and face the roofing stage.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by remcoface: 5:04pm On Aug 09, 2011
Professor Spyder and  Professor Brabus,Please i need your permission to practice what  i have learnt before i graduate from the Institution.
Class captain Fhemmmy am sorry i have to go and you can't mark me absent from class because i will be doing my classes at home and if we are assignment i will do it when i get back. grin grin grin
I hope this isn't coming has a surprise. shocked shocked shocked
Thanks and i awaiting your approval Oga's . grin grin grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:09pm On Aug 09, 2011
@ my man Remcoface! Abeg land jare, embark on that house and show us another level, I am waiting for lots and lots of pictures from your house. Welcome back in advance.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by nadabo70(m): 5:24pm On Aug 09, 2011
spyder880:

@ nadabo70, will look for the clear plan

Oga Spyder the email address is nadabo70@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (93) (Reply)

Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices / Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.