Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Oliseh : 'Odemwingie is the only world class player Nigeria has' - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Oliseh : 'Odemwingie is the only world class player Nigeria has' (5556 Views)

Poll: is Oliseh Right?

Yes: 52% (37 votes)
No: 47% (33 votes)
This poll has ended

Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria / West Bromwich Coach Roy Hodgson Blasts Odemwingie / Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oliseh : 'Odemwingie is the only world class player Nigeria has' by Nobody: 2:48am On Jun 28, 2011
If Siasia wants to retain his office, he needs to involve someone like Osaze, not because osaze is the best, but because he's a public figure with great potential, benching him is like benching rooney in Man utd or drogba in chelsea, he should ignore the offences for the sake of forming a formidable team which should include Osaze cool cool cool
Re: Oliseh : 'Odemwingie is the only world class player Nigeria has' by Nobody: 6:38am On Jun 28, 2011
Odemwingie IS NOT a world class player!
Foe those attacking my earlier post:A world class player must be one of the best in the world at his job ,which Odemwingie is certainly NOT!
I don't know how some of us use the word world class,but for me World class,means a player like Messi or Ronaldo.
Pele or Maradona.George Weah or Romario.Odemwingie does not belong in this league!
Re: Oliseh : 'Odemwingie is the only world class player Nigeria has' by jaguda(m): 8:11am On Jun 28, 2011
For all its worth, Osaze should never have disrespected the team and the coach. He walked out of camp because he was not used and openingly twitted about Siasia having issues with Senior members of the team (which other member)? Siasia dealt with the situation accordingly and correctly, nip any form of rebellion/dress room unrest in the bud ( Remeber Mikel and the Bejing Olympics) Osaze alone is not the team, Osaze alone has not pulled Nigeria through difficult situations, he's been patriotic, yes, but who knows if all this while coaches and the NFF have been tolerating him?

Typical naija scenario, they might have been waiting for someone to deal with him and ALONG CAME SIASIA! It is Siasia's fate to fall or rise without Osaze, he only can decide, cry as hard as u might as fans.
Re: Oliseh : 'Odemwingie is the only world class player Nigeria has' by phreakabit(m): 9:19am On Jun 28, 2011
Bros Sunday, you no lie at all!
Re: Oliseh : 'Odemwingie is the only world class player Nigeria has' by noblegas2(m): 9:37am On Jun 28, 2011
hannie:

Oliseh is just a bitter asswipe . . .

The fact that he is not the head of the SE team at the moment doesnt mean he should yarn rubbish . . .

The Osaze he is hyping has only scored 9 goals in 49 matches . . .

IK UCHE has scored 11 games in just 25 matches playing for us . . .yet some misogynists say Osaze is better? shocked

Obinna Nsofor has played 38 matches scoring 8 . . .he has a better goal/match margin than Osaze! grin

all this hype about Osaze is just POPPYCOCKS and should be laid to rest!

OSAZE HAS BEEN PLAYING FOR 8 YEARS FOR THE SUPER EAGLES AND HE HASNT FREAKING SCORED 10 GOALS AND WE ARE HERE DISCUSSING HIM?

JESUS TRULY WEPT!!! cool

Spot on dude>>>NObody could have said it better!!!
Re: Oliseh : 'Odemwingie is the only world class player Nigeria has' by winningsch(m): 1:47pm On Jun 28, 2011
he is good and that is all that is important. the fans love him and that is all that is important. he plays well and that is so important. he disobeyed once, that's not so important you know.
Re: Oliseh : 'Odemwingie is the only world class player Nigeria has' by sley4life(m): 7:01pm On Jun 28, 2011
i disagree
Re: Oliseh : 'Odemwingie is the only world class player Nigeria has' by Reference(m): 8:23pm On Jun 28, 2011
If this is our new found definition of world class and if this man is the only hope we have for national team glory then Siasia need not bother. We're in a deep mess. My dear forumites Osaze has been in this team for years. What special thing has happened this year to suddenly make him the messiah of our dear national team; 15 goals for Westbrom in the EPL and two player of the month awards and we are screaming high heavens. It is now I realise just how far our football has fallen. It is truly shocking.
Re: Oliseh : 'Odemwingie is the only world class player Nigeria has' by 12large1: 10:53pm On Jun 28, 2011
osaze is definetly a world class player maybe not in the same class as messi, ronaldo but his world class. you don't need to play for a big team to be worldclass the reason why osaze has scored only 10 goals in 54 is because almost all those games he was played as a right winger now that his a striker the record would improve tremendiously. my problem with siasia is that he thinks osaze is a baby, 2days after osaze made those comments he apologized and siasia accepted, even confirmed that he would call up osaze for argentina only for he not to then he bans osaz for 2games now he wants another apology. what kind of insult is that 2 apologies plus 2 games banned. y didn't siasia ask for apology before the argentina match, because osaze had already apologized me thinks we can do without osaze
Re: Oliseh : 'Odemwingie is the only world class player Nigeria has' by phreakabit(m): 10:26pm On Jun 29, 2011
hannie:

Oliseh is just a bitter asswipe . . .

The fact that he is not the head of the SE team at the moment doesnt mean he should yarn rubbish . . .

The Osaze he is hyping has only scored 9 goals in 49 matches . . .

IK UCHE has scored 11 games in just 25 matches playing for us . . .yet some misogynists say Osaze is better? Shocked

Obinna Nsofor has played 38 matches scoring 8 . . .he has a better goal/match margin than Osaze! Grin

all this hype about Osaze is just POPPYCOCKS and should be laid to rest!

OSAZE HAS BEEN PLAYING FOR 8 YEARS FOR THE SUPER EAGLES AND HE HASNT FREAKING SCORED 10 GOALS AND WE ARE HERE DISCUSSING HIM?

JESUS TRULY WEPT!!! Cool

You are either a gal or a kid, who knows nothing about football. The goal scorer isn't always the "KEY" player in the team. Uche helped in wrecking R.Madrid but was shite against Barcelona ( 2 of the biggest clubs in Spain) Osaze won the EPL player of the month "twice" in his [b]"first" [/b]year in the EPL. Also wrecked about 2 or more of the 5 biggest teams in the EPL. Read this and then define world class.
Re: Oliseh : 'Odemwingie is the only world class player Nigeria has' by Jarus(m): 10:21am On Jun 30, 2011
A world class player, by my own reckoning, is one that will make the First 11 or First 11+3 in any team or club in the world.
How many Nigerian players satisfied this criteria?

Only few African players like Eto'o, Drogba, Essien are unarguably world class. Adebayor, Toure brothers, and maybe are arguably too.

How many Nigerian players can make the First 11+3 of Brazil, Argentina, Barcelona, Man U etc. The nearest we have are Mikel and Taiye Taiwo.
Re: Oliseh : 'Odemwingie is the only world class player Nigeria has' by hannie: 12:16pm On Jun 30, 2011
phreakabit:

You are either a gal or a kid, who knows nothing about football. The goal scorer isn't always the "KEY" player in the team. Uche helped in wrecking R.Madrid but was shite against Barcelona ( 2 of the biggest clubs in Spain) Osaze won the EPL player of the month "twice" in his [b]"first" [/b]year in the EPL. Also wrecked about 2 or more of the 5 biggest teams in the EPL. Read this and then define world class.

yes I am a kid but at least I have got brains and brawn unlike u that has got nothing in ur grey matter . . oponu !

Osaze won Player of the month in the EPL . .freaking meaning what? Yakubu that u all love to slate now won that severally DID ANYONE EVER HYPE HIM INTO THE WORLD CLASS PLAYER STATUS?

Dumbos!

he wrecked 2 or more of the biggest teams in the EPL? Arsenal ? who else ?

u are a still a fat fool!!!

NSOFOR almost single-handedly wrecked Man Utd out of the FA Cup and I didnt see that much hype around him . . .is it because he is not as media-friendly as Osaze?

Ediots!

Siasia is the handler of the team, he is a bigger star than Osaze can ever be even if he begins to score from now till infinity . . .U CANT BE BIGGER THAN UR BOSS, NOW THATS THE 1ST LAW OF POWER!!!

Awon ode oshi grin
Re: Oliseh : 'Odemwingie is the only world class player Nigeria has' by phreakabit(m): 11:48am On Jul 01, 2011
You are a clueless twerp who epitomizes incoherency. You belong in the psych ward. Nothing you say makes sense. You clearly lack the point you are dying to prove. First off you say Uche is better than him, then you say Siasia is bigger and then Nsofor "ALMOST" single-handedly wrecked ManU in their FA Cup tie or in your words "NSOFOR almost single-handedly wrecked Man Utd out of the FA Cup" (Improve your command of English my friend, you cant wreck anything out of). Anyways, my point here is that you have not a clue as to what you speak about. And in reference to your comment aboutr Nsofor nearly can not kill a bird, Nsofor is obviously a flash in the pan. And if your anger @ Osaze is because he turned down the "chance" to join Arse-BehindBased. . . . I reckon no one wants to join a hopeless crusade.

I will end this right here. I don't argue with intellectually lower class individuals.
Re: Oliseh : 'Odemwingie is the only world class player Nigeria has' by hannie: 12:40pm On Jul 01, 2011
phreakabit:

You are a clueless twerp who epitomizes incoherency. You belong in the psych ward. Nothing you say makes sense. You clearly lack the point you are dying to prove. First off you say Uche is better than him, then you say Siasia is bigger and then Nsofor "ALMOST" single-handedly wrecked ManU in their FA Cup tie or in your words "NSOFOR almost single-handedly wrecked Man Utd out of the FA Cup" (Improve your command of English my friend, you cant wreck anything out of). Anyways, my point here is that you have not a clue as to what you speak about. And in reference to your comment aboutr Nsofor nearly can not kill a bird, Nsofor is obviously a flash in the pan. And if your anger @ Osaze is because he turned down the "chance" to join Arse-BehindBased. . . . I reckon no one wants to join a hopeless crusade.

I will end this right here. I don't argue with intellectually lower class individuals.

U are a dolt, a stan and without any doubt a hopeless Viewer! grin

so u have been following me to know I am a gunner, YET U ARE STILL AS UNITELLIGENT AS ALL OTHER NINCOMPOOPS THAT THINK I WOULD WANT OSAZE TO DORN THE ARSENAL JERSEY! tongue

When its about grammar, a combo of ur folks and even those that taught u the basics cant match my monkey . . .u dey form rubbish for here, everyone here knows me and u no dey level . . .who u be? u no be esin inu iwe ni? grin BLOODY PAPER TIGER FEELING FUNKY!!!

I used the phrase ''wrecked out'' . . .if u had anything upstairs where unfortunately seminal fluids overflow u would have praised me for my creative nous . . .who do I blame for ur foolish.ness?

THE ECONOMY?

UR IMPOTENCE?

UR UPBRINGING?

grin grin grin

I believe it must be all of the above! cheesy
Re: Oliseh : 'Odemwingie is the only world class player Nigeria has' by semid4lyfe(m): 2:23pm On Jul 01, 2011
*Make una sofly sofly o. . .cos my fingers dey itch me to press delete* wink
Re: Oliseh : 'Odemwingie is the only world class player Nigeria has' by cheikh: 4:08am On Mar 17, 2013
Kcjazz
^^^And Keshi is a better coach? He has no ego and he is called "The Boss"? Glad, Siasia did this. You do agree he was in Nantes and he won a medal by meeting at least the minimum number of games, spectators don't receive medals.

African players do not go far because of indiscipline and a lack of professionalism, they have the talent, but that is not enough in this business.

You are definitely correct Bro wink. Only in Nigeria you have ex-players and current so called professional players commenting openly about the team and manager of a club or national team negatively or otherwise. They publicly criticise and even suggest players for the national team etc. They'll never dare open their mouth in Europe let alone criticise/suggest anything to their club manager/coach. In Nigeria every person is an expert/pundit and seem to have a "right" to comment/select a team over the appointed Coach/Manager shocked . They seem to not let the Coach be or make an independent decision until Keshi pulled the carpet from under their limp feet grin grin.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fifa World Footballer Of The Year: Shortlisted Players / AbleFast.com - Football Pools Bettings Tips/Records / Old Bet9ja Mobile 35 0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.