Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,621 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse - Foreign Affairs (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse (16176 Views)

Over 400 People Dead, 1000 Injured As Massive Earthquake Hits Nepal / Document Exposes Plot To Collapse Nigeria’s Economy By US & Britain / Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by omoge(f): 6:11pm On Aug 17, 2007
God bless America grin
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by osereka(m): 6:17pm On Aug 17, 2007
@omoge,
ma wi be kiri tongue
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by omoge(f): 6:30pm On Aug 17, 2007
be ni. gege bi iwo no ma wi te re wink

Nwata aputuna (sp) lapu ya na aka chukwu.

God bless America
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by osereka(m): 6:44pm On Aug 17, 2007
so dem de speak IBO for amerika undecided
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by omoge(f): 11:24pm On Aug 17, 2007
buy your round trip ticket come find out bo my brother grin

God bless America cheesy
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by PTH(m): 11:46pm On Aug 17, 2007
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by omoge(f): 12:16am On Aug 18, 2007
grin i won't be surprise if some Nairalanders are writing from that hell hole  grin

no even weight to lift in there  undecided grin

God bless America
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by PTH(m): 12:17am On Aug 18, 2007
ii think paw paw is one of those awaiting trial grin
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by omoge(f): 12:20am On Aug 18, 2007
grin grin grin grin very likely and so true, the characteristic is very clear grin
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by mordebe: 11:44pm On Aug 19, 2007
In the past few days, rescuers have been pulling out badly decayed corpses. Putting the figure at 12 dead.

Meanwhile, a flood has destroyed several bridges and roads in Minnesota this weekend, killing 5 people though officials have scaled that figure down to 4.

4 Americans died in a Crash.

Three Marines and One Sailor were killed during a training exercise on the Arizona-California border, the USA.

The USA Marine Corps has so far refused to released the names of the dead. The HH-1N Huey model helicopter on which they were flying is an old obsolete Aircraft built in 1956.

49 people died in the US last week due to the heat wave. About 14 of the deaths occurred in Tennessee and a lot of the casualties occurred due to inability for the victims to afford Air Conditioning.

Missouri 3 killed, 6 wounded in Church Shooting last week Sunday.

the pastor and 2 other worshippers were shot dead in the church by the assailant and about 6 people were injured.

A man in Missouri hurled his seriously ill wife from their 4th floor apartment balcony to her death because he could no longer afford her medical care.

She landed on the concrete sidewalk on her back with her eyes open and her blood splashed all over.

Stanley Reimer told police he was having serious financial difficulties in providing healthcare for his sick wife.

He kissed his wife, picked her up and threw her off the balcony.

Immediately police arrived, he made it clear to them "She didn't jump!"

Where Exactly is the Medicare and Medicaid and free Healthcare for all that we always hear about?
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by omoge(f): 12:11am On Aug 20, 2007
hope you carry agogo and elephant horn to carry the news around the globe.

welcome to NL
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by osereka(m): 2:41pm On Aug 20, 2007
There is no place on earth that is perfect we should all know that.
we may have our own problems in naija, they have problem in america too.
corruption is the main problem that is cousing all the problem the world have
it is corrupt leaders in naija that makes nigerians suffer despite all our resourses
and it is the corrupt leaders in the west that makes the world unsafe for all of us.
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by BABEELOVE(f): 4:27pm On Aug 20, 2007
Person wey no get leg dey complain about people wey wear shoes! lipsrsealed
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by A40(m): 6:14pm On Aug 20, 2007
Take heart to all those who lost folk there cry
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by KukuraontheMove(m): 4:28am On Aug 21, 2007
Hi all,
Been off for a long time. Nigerians are passionate. I am proud to be a Nigerian. On the trend the discussion is taking, this is my humble opinion. America works. No doubt about it. They respect laws, because the laws, on a lot of occasions, can, and ideed, are implemented.

Denex, I feel you. Paw-paw same thing. Its unfortunate that its a tragedy that has led to such a robust discussion. A lot of the guys backing America are here in the States and its simply symptomatic of the intellectually-challenged Nigerians who believe that America is the all and all.
You simply refuse to face the massive negative impact thet the US has become to the world. The evidence is clear for all to see. Denex made it all clear.

Also, before you think its just the the developing nations, you are wrong. They are domineering to their alliea as well, as in bulldozing their way in the Iraq war build up, as well as in the GATT talks concerning agriculture.

I pray with the changes being pursued back home concerning monetary policy, we hope Nigerians will use them for what they are truly worth, getan education and head back home to develop your own country.
In addition, a large percentage of people can be very retarded in behaviour when, instead of facing the issues, you simply dvert and start making juvenile statements to the effect that the opposing side of the argument were refused visas to come here. Thats so childish and unnecessary.

All of you nigerians that are out here in the states, I hope you can truly reach your limits in America. I say this because I have seen thje height of their hypocricy and double standard. I wish you well. If we can be honest, we will see all these. I wish you all well. The cowardice in us all is stopping us from taking a stand. Instead, we kill ourselves to get out, yet we are not officially at war. When we are, what will happen

Yes, I am here in the States so I know how its like. Be honest with yourselves.
As for Seun, be careful. Stop suppressing opinions. You may react on abusive statements and such, but that should be all.
One other curious fact, if America is so wonderful in all ramifications, why are you on a Nigerian site? There are a million and one American sites. Go there. We don't need you here. Frankly!!!
Pls take care.
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by PTH(m): 5:05am On Aug 21, 2007
Kukura on the Move:

You simply refuse to face the massive negative impact thet the US has become to the world. The evidence is clear for all to see. Denex made it all clear.

Also, before you think its just the the developing nations, you are wrong. They are domineering to their alliea as well, as in bulldozing their way in the Iraq war build up, as well as in the GATT talks concerning agriculture.

lol if the US has such a negative image why are millions dying to get into the US still? Doesnt that smack of hypocrisy? If you think the US is bullying her allies what do you think Russia is doing? Molly coddlying hers? Russia is a belligerent and despotic nation and yet everyone bleats about the US. Iraq invades Kuwait and the world sits by only to start crying as soon as the US attack Iraq.
The supporter of APC are right now massacreing more than half a million Sudanese and yet all the world can do is cry foul at the US as muslims kill muslims in Iraq.

The US is domineering? YES! How else did she become this powerful? The FIRST priority a nation has is to her citizens and not to play big brother to the world. Capitalism is all about selfishness and greed not about being a father christmas.

Kukura on the Move:

I pray with the changes being pursued back home concerning monetary policy, we hope Nigerians will use them for what they are truly worth, getan education and head back home to develop your own country.

Lets be frank here, what do you think the monetary policy will achieve? I'm not being pessimistic here but Zimbabwe recently slashed a couple of zeros from her currency and yet her inflation rate is still 3000%. That you make N100 equivalent to N1 does not make any difference, it is the purchasing power of that N1 that counts. As long as corruption, a flawed constitution and a policy of "sharing oil wealth" remains firmly entrenched Nigeria will not improve where she to revert to cowries for currency.

Kukura on the Move:

In addition, a large percentage of people can be very retarded in behaviour when, instead of facing the issues, you simply dvert and start making juvenile All of you nigerians that are out here in the states, I hope you can truly reach your limits in America. I say this because I have seen thje height of their hypocricy and double standard. I wish you well. If we can be honest, we will see all these. I wish you all well. The cowardice in us all is stopping us from taking a stand. Instead, we kill ourselves to get out, yet we are not officially at war. When we are, what will happen

Yes, I am here in the States so I know how its like. Be honest with yourselves.

How is it like sir? With all due respect very many Nigerians have achieved far more than the American dream. That you havent does not mean everyone else did not. What hypocrisy and double standard exists in the US that is not evident in Nigeria? Can Nigeria provide scholarships and free healthcare for her citizens? Yet the US provides for qualified non-citizens and all we can do is turn back and bite the hands that feed us?

I do not worship the US but i am of the oppinion that we stop this attitude of thinking that to be seen to love Nigeria is to bash the US. IF you think the Americans are hypocrites why are you still in their country?

Kukura on the Move:
One other curious fact, if America is so wonderful in all ramifications, why are you on a Nigerian site? There are a million and one American sites. Go there. We don't need you here. Frankly!!!
Please take care.

Here is an even more curious puzzle; if America is so bad in all ramifications why are you living on American soil? There are 36 states + the FCT in Nigeria. Go there. Americans frankly can do without you!!!
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by KukuraontheMove(m): 1:05pm On Aug 21, 2007
Nice try PTH!
Biting the hand that feeds us. Your size and comfort must be very impressive. You defined capitalism very well. Let me ask a question? Are you prepared to sacrifice your time, energy, or even your life for Nigeria? If you are, then shut up, go back and partner with the right people to bring about change. The US you are so proud of being in has the blood of those that sacrificed themselves as well as that of the. innocents.
You want to be an American? By all means, pursue it! But don't go about abusing a situation you lack the guts to try to change.
I also do not have the energy to waste on prattling issues that will not add a dime to me. You want to be an American, go ahead but pls leave Nigeria to those that care enough. Its not ball about gettin a visa, you know
Nonsense.
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by omoge(f): 2:13pm On Aug 21, 2007
and who are the right pple to partner with to bring change? please many of us wan know o eh? all this grammar sef undecided

go back and partner with the right people to bring about change.
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by osereka(m): 4:02pm On Aug 21, 2007
me thinks this issue is about how to make example of America to build our own nation

I DONT KNOW THAT IS ABOUT SOME RETARD ELEMENTS

THINK NOTIN GOOD WILL EVER COME OUTA NAIJA.

@PHT, with or without you NIGERIA will get there!

ROME, AMERICA, RUSSIA  oR ANY WHERE YOU THINK IS GOOD WAS NOT BUILT IN A DAY!

stupid ignoramus
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by osereka(m): 4:07pm On Aug 21, 2007
haba!
dem swear for you?, you de pray make your home country no better
ewu, onyiara!
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by PTH(m): 4:54pm On Aug 21, 2007
Kukura on the Move:

Nice try PTH!
Biting the hand that feeds us. Your size and comfort must be very impressive. You defined capitalism very well. Let me ask a question? Are you prepared to sacrifice your time, energy, or even your life for Nigeria? If you are, then shut up, go back and partner with the right people to bring about change. The US you are so proud of being in has the blood of those that sacrificed themselves as well as that of the. innocents.
You want to be an American? By all means, pursue it! But don't go about abusing a situation you lack the guts to try to change.
I also do not have the energy to waste on prattling issues that will not add a dime to me. You want to be an American, go ahead but please leave Nigeria to those that care enough. Its not ball about gettin a visa, you know
Nonsense.

Plenty of noise making mr kukura.

1. If you are so proud of Nigeria WHY ARE YOU NOT BACK THERE HELPING IT SINCE YOU CARE FOR IT? I have just one word for people like you; hypocrites! you cant sit in the US bashing it and claiming to care for Nigeria. Why are you not back home "to sacrifice your time, energy, or even your life for Nigeria"?
Too much noise without substance methinks.

2. Mr. Kukura, Americans probably bash their country and president 100x more than you can ever do and they are the most patriotic people you will ever find on the surface of the earth so to equate criticism with nonchalance about my country is to be naive.
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by osereka(m): 5:37pm On Aug 21, 2007
na this kain person de carry gun go kill people for church on sunday o
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by felia(f): 7:33pm On Aug 21, 2007
i heard they pull out the last body yesterday out of the water. according to FOX News!
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by felia(f): 7:34pm On Aug 21, 2007
i heard they pull out the last body yesterday out of the water. according to FOX News!
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by Nobody: 10:18pm On Aug 21, 2007
felia:

denex must have collapsed since he has no more bodies to count.
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by KukuraontheMove(m): 2:06am On Aug 22, 2007
PTH
As I said i don't have the energy or time to waste. Hypocrisy?? Rubbish!!! Why am not back home at this point in time? I don't have to broadcast on a forum what my objectives or reasons are. The point is that you want to be an American? Go ahead, but pls keep your negative opinions to yourself and let others try their own bit. Its tough but it can be done.
Crucial questions of sacrifice were not answered and I rest my case then.
As Tai Solarin used to say may your road be rough and your goal, ultimately achieved.
God bless you.
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by PTH(m): 2:16am On Aug 22, 2007
Kukura on the Move:

PTH
As I said i don't have the energy or time to waste. Hypocrisy?? Rubbish!!! Why am not back home at this point in time? I don't have to broadcast on a forum what my objectives or reasons are. The point is that you want to be an American? Go ahead, but please keep your negative opinions to yourself and let others try their own bit. Its tough but it can be done.
Crucial questions of sacrifice were not answered and I rest my case then.
As Tai Solarin used to say may your road be rough and your goal, ultimately achieved.
God bless you.

Mr. Kukura, the problem is that you shout too much and think very little. Where did i mention that i wanted to be American? Do you even know if i am American or not? And what if i'm American? Does that suddenly make me ineligible to talk about the land of my birth? Why are your shorts tied up in knots over whether i want to be American or not?

I dont need you to tell me what you are doing here all i ask is that you dont come here bleating about how much you love Nigeria when you are here busy enjoying the benefits that America gives. The very same benefits your "dearly beloved Nigeria" cannot provide. You quote Tai Solarin and yet hypocritically forget that while he definitely had the opportunity to go and live in America like you, he chose to put his foot where his mouth was and LIVE IN NIGERIA INSTEAD OF LOVING IT FROM THE COZY ARMS OF AMERICA!
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by osereka(m): 6:11pm On Aug 22, 2007
mr man or woman,
me I no understand you again o
you say you are not american naija abi naija american, abi american completly?
nna go back and read all your post b4 now o.
B4 PEOPLE GO START TO THINK SAY YOU DON SHAK GBANNA!
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by mordebe: 7:26pm On Aug 23, 2007
denex=banned
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by BABEELOVE(f): 8:56pm On Aug 23, 2007
mordebe:

denex=banned

What a pity!!! Well I am sure he will be back like most of "them"! sad angry sad angry You are missed denex!
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by osereka(m): 5:53pm On Aug 24, 2007
denex,
like I surgested the other day,
REGISTER ANODA NAME!
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by BABEELOVE(f): 7:26pm On Aug 25, 2007
He's back!!!!! cheesy

Doing me cartwheels!!!!! wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain / Angry Mob Sets Police Station Ablaze Over Hike In Fuel Price In Zimbabwe / Mass Shooting At Kurdish Center In Paris. 3 Dead, shooter Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.