Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,160 members, 7,849,593 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:40 AM

Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! (3363 Views)

Can Anyone Give Evidence That Jesus Ever Walked On This Planet? / The Main Message Of The Bible: The Major Reason The Bible Was Written / COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by NNTR: 11:53am On Feb 20, 2022
AntiChristian:
Did Jesus called himself God in that verse? No! People accused him of calling himself God and he cleared himself quoting Psalms "You are all Elohim...."

Everyone is a God.
Now, my dear beloved AntiChristian Muslim brother friend, answer the following easy, simple, friendly, straightforward questions please

1. In the face of accusations levelled against Him, did Jesus, anywhere in the Bible, ever flatly deny Himself being God?
2. Did God, ever call Jesus, God?
3. How does Allah save human beings from eternal damnation and/or destruction? Meaning, what's in place, that is Allah's salvation plan?
4. Does Allah have the wherewithal to be in Heaven and on Earth at the same time?
5. Does Allah have the power to project Himself to become Allah in flesh, meaning become a human being?
6. What to your understanding does the name, Jesus, coming from a Hebrew origin, means and what does the word Allah, in terms of an Arabic origin means?

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by NNTR: 12:00pm On Feb 20, 2022
AntiChristian:
Jesus never for once called himself God or told people to worship him!
Look at the attached below

AntiChristian:
I wish you Same.
I wish you glad tidings, however fyi 'Eat your heart out' signifies I am in a better position than you are, loll.

Now, man up and reply to the 6 questions please.

Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by AntiChristian: 12:16pm On Feb 20, 2022
NNTR:
Now, my dear beloved AntiChristian Muslim brother friend, answer the following easy, simple, friendly, straightforward questions please

1. In the face of accusations levelled against Him, did Jesus, anywhere in the Bible, ever flatly deny Himself being God?
I you need to give us where he himself called himself God. He shouldn't forget to tell people he is God. What then was his mission? He was called son of man tens of time and even son sometimes. But how could he wait for people to call him God and deny it. Someone who is fond of parable and not speaking directly.

2. Did God call Jesus, God?

No! Show me a verse where Yahweh says He is Jesus!

3. How does Allah save human beings from eternal damnation and/or destruction? Meaning, what's in place, that is Allah's salvation plan?
That's simple. God needs not have son. He is able to save His creation without any helper. He needs no blood for salvation.
Same way he saved the people of Noah, Moses, Jonah, etc when they obey God through the Prophet sent to them.

4. Does Allah have the wherewithal to be in Heaven and on Earth at the same time?
Allah needs not be in both places physically at the same time. His knowledge encompasses all things! He knows what was, what is and what will be to infinity!

5. Does Allah have the power to project Himself to become Allah in flesh, meaning become a human being?
Allah has the power to do all things! However it doesn't befit His majesty to be like his creation passing a woman's birth canal, drinking a woman's breast milk, crying and helpless as a baby, weeping as an adult, calling a tribe dog because they are non-israelites, etc.

6. What to your understanding does the name, Jesus, coming from a Hebrew origin, means and what does the word Allah, in terms of an Arabic origin means?

Jesus in English has no meaning!
The Hebrew name should be Joshua or other derivatives Yeshua, Yahushua which may literally mean "to save".

Allah is the one God that is indivisible, the creator of all things!
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by AntiChristian: 12:19pm On Feb 20, 2022
NNTR:
Look at the attached below

I wish you glad tidings, however fyi 'Eat your heart out' signifies I am in a better position than you are, loll.

Now, man up and reply to the 6 questions please.

The attached doesn't give me verses where Jesus said he was God or told people to worship him.
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by sonmvayina(m): 2:34pm On Feb 20, 2022
cornelboy:
I told you I believe the Bible. Find your next client pls smiley

It was not meant for you.

It was written by the jews for the jews. It is about their history..

You are wasting your time...

Stop trying to interprete it for them...
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by sonmvayina(m): 2:36pm On Feb 20, 2022
cornelboy:
Isaiah 9:6

Oh my God.

The son has already been born when Isaiah was prophesying. He was referring to the future king Hezekiah. He was 6 years old already.

"A son has been given to us......

Hope English comprehension is not your problem?

Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by sonmvayina(m): 2:48pm On Feb 20, 2022
cornelboy:
I thought he believed only the Torah o

It was NEVER meant for us to believe. It was for us to know and keep God's commandments. That is the only way to have a relationship with God..

Obey his laws. That is what I am doing.

If you did,you won't promote idolatry...

Comprende?
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by GreatAxeMan: 2:50pm On Feb 20, 2022
The prayer life of Jesus was meant to serve as an example for Christians to follow:

[img]https://images./7ciEpLEjhQKnOAqXRlNJVs.jpg[/img]

Jesus Himself was worshipped several times throughout His earthly ministry and He never refused worship which is what He would have done if it were forbidden to Him:

[img]https://images./6F65oRaKPcBFMSzg31dhdl.jpg[/img]

[img]https://images./Cr7aiVbwcb5LqOHIYcWpQ.jpg[/img]

AntiChristian:

Many people worshipped in the Bible including Jesus praying even putting his head on the ground in Matthew while praying.

Who worshipped Jesus?
How was Jesus worshipped?
Mention the Hebrew/Greek word translated to worship?

Jesus sure had a God he worshipped, same God he accused forsook him on the cross.

My God My God why have you forsaken me. Eli Eli lema sabacthani.

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by NNTR: 2:50pm On Feb 20, 2022
AntiChristian:
I you need to give us where he himself called himself God. He shouldn't forget to tell people he is God.
Jesus' words, actions, utterances, wonders & miracles, prophecies, demonstration of power, by the strength of all things which are written in the Law of Moses, the Prophets, and the Psalms gives evidences that Jesus is God Incarnate, that, Jesus is God personified, that, Jesus, is God in human body flesh

AntiChristian:
What then was his mission?
His mission was three things:
1. Redemption
2. Salvation
3. and Reconciliation

#2 above, let's the cat out of the bag, on what His mission is

AntiChristian:
He was called son of man tens of time and even son sometimes ...
The title 'Son of Man' is a reference to the humanity side of Jesus, while the title 'Son of God', is reference to the divinity side of Jesus

AntiChristian:
... But how could he wait for people to call him God and deny it.
People knew He is God. If He isnt God, He would have said He isnt so not to mislead people or even if just to stop people worshipping Him, as they many times did

AntiChristian:
Someone who is fond of parable and not speaking directly.
Matthew 13:10-15
10His disciples came and asked him, “Why do you use parables when you talk to the people?”
11He replied, “You are permitted to understand the secrets of the Kingdom of Heaven, but others are not.
12To those who listen to my teaching, more understanding will be given, and they will have an abundance of knowledge.
But for those who are not listening, even what little understanding they have will be taken away from them.
13That is why I use these parables,
For they look, but they don’t really see.
They hear, but they don’t really listen or understand.
14This fulfills the prophecy of Isaiah that says,
‘When you hear what I say, you will not understand.
When you see what I do, you will not comprehend.
15For the hearts of these people are hardened,
and their ears cannot hear,
and they have closed their eyes
so their eyes cannot see,
and their hearts cannot understand,
and they cannot turn to me and let me heal them.

AntiChristian:
No! Show me a verse where Yahweh says He is Jesus!
That's simple. God needs not have son. He is able to save His creation without any helper. He needs no blood for salvation.
loll, if you know anything about bad blood, you wouldnt have made this gaffe about needing no blood for salvation.

What you are, is in your DNA, is in your blood. Your blood has memory, that your DNA comes from it, your blood, loll.

AntiChristian:
Same way he saved the people of Noah, Moses, Jonah, etc when they obey God through the Prophet sent to them.
The people of Noah, Moses, Jonah, etc until 2000 years ago when Jesus died on the cross of Calvary were not saved, loll.

AntiChristian:
Allah needs not be in both places physically at the same time.
That was the question asked you, rather you were asked, if at all, does Allah have the wherewithal to be in Heaven and on Earth at the same time?

AntiChristian:
His knowledge encompasses all things! He knows what was, what is and what will be to infinity!
Praise the Omniscient God then

AntiChristian:
Allah has the power to do all things! However it doesn't befit His majesty to be like his creation passing a woman's birth canal, drinking a woman's breast milk, crying and helpless as a baby, weeping as an adult, calling a tribe dog because they are non-israelites, etc.
Well you see, unlike Allah, who has a chip on its shoulder, God, in spite, of His majesty and the power to do all things, still is humble enough to be like His creation, come down to earth, enter and pass through the door, meaning, a woman's birth canal, drink and feed on a woman's breast milk, show human emotion of crying and be helpless as a baby, show compassion and weep as an adult. All these show what a great Being, God is. I love God more because of taking on our frailties, infirmities vulnerabilities and weaknesses

AntiChristian:
Jesus in English has no meaning!
The Hebrew name should be Joshua or other derivatives Yeshua, Yahushua which may literally mean "to save".
I'll correct you for free, loll.

Yeshua or Yahushua, even Jesus means 'Yahweh saves' or 'YHWH saves' and even 'God saves'

The name Yeshua or Yahushua, even Jesus, has the implication of that Jesus was born to with the sole mission to save, to save people from eternal damnation

AntiChristian:
Allah is the one God that is indivisible, the creator of all things!
Kk, another extra following easy, simple, friendly, straightforward questions for you please, loll.
1. What is prophet Mohammed PBUH father's name?
2. What is the meaning of prophet Mohammed PBUH father's name?
3. When was prophet Mohammed PBUH father given his name?
4. Who and what was prophet Mohammed PBUH father worshipping?

Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by sonmvayina(m): 2:50pm On Feb 20, 2022
God created man from dust
God can not be man .

Is it difficult to understand?
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:51pm On Feb 20, 2022
sonmvayina:

The only difference is that I have a functional brain but you and them don't...

That's exactly what those guys @ psychiatrist hospitals often say:
They have functional brains while all other people don't! smiley
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:53pm On Feb 20, 2022
sonmvayina:

God can not be man .

I thought this is WRITTEN in a book not your life? cheesy
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by sonmvayina(m): 2:57pm On Feb 20, 2022
NNTR:
Jesus' words, actions, utterances, wonders & miracles, prophecies, demonstration of power, by the strength of all things which are written in the Law of Moses, the Prophets, and the Psalms gives evidences that Jesus is God Incarnate, that, Jesus is God personified, that, Jesus, is God in human body flesh

His mission was three things:
1. Redemption
2. Salvation
3. and Reconciliation

#2 above, let's the cat out of the bag, on what His mission is

The title 'Son of Man' is a reference to the humanity side of Jesus, while the title 'Son of God', is reference to the divinity side of Jesus

People knew He is God. If He isnt God, He would have said He isnt so not to mislead people or even if just to stop people worshipping Him, as they many times did

Matthew 13:10-15
10His disciples came and asked him, “Why do you use parables when you talk to the people?”
11He replied, “You are permitted to understand the secrets of the Kingdom of Heaven, but others are not.
12To those who listen to my teaching, more understanding will be given, and they will have an abundance of knowledge.
But for those who are not listening, even what little understanding they have will be taken away from them.
13That is why I use these parables,
For they look, but they don’t really see.
They hear, but they don’t really listen or understand.
14This fulfills the prophecy of Isaiah that says,
‘When you hear what I say, you will not understand.
When you see what I do, you will not comprehend.
15For the hearts of these people are hardened,
and they have closed their eyes
so their eyes cannot see,
and their hearts cannot understand,
and they cannot turn to me and let me heal them.

loll, if you know anything about bad blood, you wouldnt have made this gaffe about needing no blood for salvation.

What you are, is in your DNA, is in your blood. Your blood has memory, that your DNA comes from it, your blood, loll.

The people of Noah, Moses, Jonah, etc until 2000 years ago when Jesus died on the cross of Calvary were not saved, loll.

That was the question asked you, rather you were asked, if at all, does Allah have the wherewithal to be in Heaven and on Earth at the same time?

Praise the Omniscient God then

Well you see, unlike Allah, who has a chip on its shoulder, God, in spite, of His majesty and the power to do all things, still is humble enough to be like His creation, come down to earth, enter and pass through the door, meaning, a woman's birth canal, drink and feed on a woman's breast milk, show human emotion of crying and be helpless as a baby, show compassion and weep as an adult. All these show what a great Being, God is. I love God more because of taking on our frailties, infirmities vulnerabilities and weaknesses

I'll correct you for free, loll.

Yeshua or Yahushua, even Jesus means 'Yahweh saves' or 'YHWH saves' and even 'God saves'

The name Yeshua or Yahushua, even Jesus, has the implication of that Jesus was born to with the sole mission to save, to save people from eternal damnation

Kk, another extra following easy, simple, friendly, straightforward questions for you please, loll.
1. What is prophet Mohammed PBUH father's name?
2. What is the meaning of prophet Mohammed PBUH father's name?
3. When was prophet Mohammed PBUH father given his name?
4. Who and what was prophet Mohammed PBUH father worshipping?

Whose idea is bold??

Show me where the plan was conceived in the old testament.

Amos 3:7 says "God does nothing without first revealing it to his servant the prophet.

I want to really understand why you guys believe absurdities..
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by sonmvayina(m): 2:58pm On Feb 20, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

I thought this is WRITTEN in a book not your life? cheesy

Disprove it...
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by sonmvayina(m): 2:59pm On Feb 20, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

That's exactly what those guys @ psychiatrist hospitals often say:
They have functional brains while all other people don't! smiley

We both know who is normal..

You that believes a woman can become pregnant without a man's sperm.
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by NNTR: 3:03pm On Feb 20, 2022
sonmvayina:
Whose idea is bold??
Take a wilderness wild arse guess nah

Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by sonmvayina(m): 3:07pm On Feb 20, 2022
NNTR:
Take a wilderness wild arse guess nah

I have read through the entire old testament..

Never came accross it.

So point me,maybe I might have missed it..

I will wait...please
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by cornelboy(f): 3:11pm On Feb 20, 2022
Between knowing and believing which comes first?
Who's promoting idolatry cheesy

sonmvayina:

It was NEVER meant for us to believe. It was for us to know and keep God's commandments. That is the only way to have a relationship with God..

Obey his laws. That is what I am doing.

If you did,you won't promote idolatry...

Comprende?
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by cornelboy(f): 3:16pm On Feb 20, 2022
Isaiah 9:6-7
[6]For a child is born to us,
    a son is given to us.
The government will rest on his shoulders.
    And he will be called:
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
    Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
[7]His government and its peace
    will never end.
He will rule with fairness and justice from the throne of his ancestor David
    for all eternity.
The passionate commitment of the lord of Heaven’s Armies
    will make this happen!

According to your version, who's the wondrous adviser?

sonmvayina:

Oh my God.

The son has already been born when Isaiah was prophesying. He was referring to the future king Hezekiah. He was 6 years old already.

"A son has been given to us......

Hope English comprehension is not your problem?
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by cornelboy(f): 3:20pm On Feb 20, 2022
Are you a Jew?

sonmvayina:

It was not meant for you.

It was written by the jews for the jews. It is about their history..

You are wasting your time...

Stop trying to interprete it for them...
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:29pm On Feb 20, 2022
sonmvayina:

We both know who is normal..

You that believes a woman can become pregnant without a man's sperm.

No wahala, you are normal! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:31pm On Feb 20, 2022
cornelboy:
Are you a Jew?

Ask him why quoting what the Jews wrote for themselves and asking none Jews to obey! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by NNTR: 3:40pm On Feb 20, 2022
sonmvayina:
I have read through the entire old testament..

Never came accross it.

So point me, maybe I might have missed it..

I will wait...please
Isaiah 6:9
'Then the LORD told me to go and speak this message to the people:
"You will listen and listen, but never understand.
You will look and look, but never see ...
'

Romans 11:8
'just as it is written [in Scripture],
“GOD GAVE THEM A SPIRIT OF STUPOR,
EYES THAT DO NOT SEE AND EARS THAT DO NOT HEAR,
[a spiritual apathy that has continued] TO THIS VERY DAY.”
'

Thats the idea behind asking you to take a wilderness wild arse guess nah.
C'mon, its not too much to ask, so please try doing just that nah

Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by sonmvayina(m): 3:47pm On Feb 20, 2022
NNTR:
Isaiah 6:9
'Then the LORD told me to go and speak this message to the people:
"You will listen and listen, but never understand.
You will look and look, but never see ...
'

Romans 11:8
'just as it is written [in Scripture],
“GOD GAVE THEM A SPIRIT OF STUPOR,
EYES THAT DO NOT SEE AND EARS THAT DO NOT HEAR,
[a spiritual apathy that has continued] TO THIS VERY DAY.”
'

Thats the idea behind asking you to take a wilderness wild arse guess nah.
C'mon, its not too much to ask, so please try doing just that nah

You are just very funny..

Where was the plan conceived in the old testament..you are quoting David's psalms...

Please try again.

Where did God make the plan in bold..

Just admit there is no where....we will just end this charade and move on. I will let you be..
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by Janosky: 3:50pm On Feb 20, 2022
sonmvayina:
God can not be man .

Do your friend,NNTR understand that?
His 3 deities,one is a man.
Na him signature.
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by sonmvayina(m): 3:52pm On Feb 20, 2022
cornelboy:
Are you a Jew?

No..

I only said that their laws is same as ours in igbo traditional religion. That God's laws are universal and given to all men.

I only quote the old testament because that is what you are used to..
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by sonmvayina(m): 3:53pm On Feb 20, 2022
Janosky:

Do your friend,NNTR understand that?
His 3 deities,one is a man.
Na him signature.

No mind them..
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:03pm On Feb 20, 2022
sonmvayina:

No mind them..

But make he mind you since only you have FUNCTIONING BRAIN! cheesy

sonmvayina:

The only difference is that I have a functional brain but you and them don't...
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by cornelboy(f): 4:30pm On Feb 20, 2022
How are laws of God same as laws of Igbo traditional religion?

sonmvayina:

No..

I only said that their laws is same as ours in igbo traditional religion. That God's laws are universal and given to all men.

I only quote the old testament because that is what you are used to..
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by NNTR: 4:36pm On Feb 20, 2022
sonmvayina:
Absolutely, you're 120% that God created man from dust, meaning from dirt

sonmvayina:
God can not be man
God is known as I AM, I AM, aka I AM, that, I AM.
The implication of the descriptor, I AM, I AM, which in Hebrew is YHWH and when verbalised is pronounced as Yahweh, is that God will become whatever is necessary for God to carry out and achieve His plan(s), even if that includes, God becoming a human being, a man

sonmvayina:
Jeremiah 32:27
'"Look, I am the LORD, the God who rules over all flesh. Is anything too difficult for me?"'

OR

'I am the LORD, the God of all humankind. There is, indeed, nothing too difficult for me.'

With, at least Jeremiah 32:27 in mind, is it really difficult to understand that its child's play for God to legally and lawfully become a human being

Janosky:
Do your friend, NNTR understand that?
His 3 deities, one is a man.
Na him signature.
Deuteronomy 6:4
Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one! (i.e. one, is expressing an arithmetic value of one unit or number)

sonmvayina:
No mind them..
God, is one Deity and not 3 deities

Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by NNTR: 4:36pm On Feb 20, 2022
sonmvayina:
You are just very funny..

Where was the plan conceived in the old testament..you are quoting David's psalms...

Please try again.

Where did God make the plan in bold..

Just admit there is no where....we will just end this charade and move on. I will let you be..
Does proto-evangelium mean anything to you?
What of the first Gospel then? Hmm?
Its the same woman, that was deceived, who, as promised, conceived the Saviour alluded to in Genesis 3:15

Eve thought it was Cain, she that so much thrilled that she had no excitement left to celebrate Abel, who she discounted and thought to be unworthy of consideration and so at his birth was named breath, moisture or vapour, as meaning, someone lasting only a short time or something passing, even short-lived. What a self-fulfilling prophecy that turned out to become, loll.

Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by sonmvayina(m): 4:38pm On Feb 20, 2022
cornelboy:
Between knowing and believing which comes first?
Who's promoting idolatry cheesy

They are not actual stories...they teach some valuable lesson.

KNOW THE LESSON AND LEARN IT.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

BASIL & BITTER-LEAF: The Xray Into God's Nature! (PART 2) / . / 13 Problems I Have With The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.