Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,129 members, 7,849,539 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:38 PM

Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! (3353 Views)

Can Anyone Give Evidence That Jesus Ever Walked On This Planet? / The Main Message Of The Bible: The Major Reason The Bible Was Written / COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by sonmvayina(m): 2:47pm On Feb 19, 2022
cornelboy:
I'm a christian, i believe the NT as well as the Torah

Noo.. this is just your opinion
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by cornelboy(f): 2:48pm On Feb 19, 2022
What did you mean?

sonmvayina:

Noo.. this is just your opinion
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by sonmvayina(m): 2:49pm On Feb 19, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

In what book do you believe? wink

My life is the best book..
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by sonmvayina(m): 2:53pm On Feb 19, 2022
cornelboy:
What did you mean?

God laws says if we sin, confess and forsake ; He will forgive. there was never a time he said was going to send his son as a sin sacrifice. Where did Paul and co get the idea from?
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by sonmvayina(m): 2:54pm On Feb 19, 2022
cornelboy:
I'm a christian, i believe the NT as well as the Torah

The NT contradicts the Torah.. it can't be from God..
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by sonmvayina(m): 2:57pm On Feb 19, 2022
cornelboy:
Jesus existed, died, resurrected and ascended to heaven. Jehovah will save mankind through him, as many as are willing to exercise faith in Christ Jesus.

You did not address my questions.
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by cornelboy(f): 3:52pm On Feb 19, 2022
No God says you need to kill animals for the forgiveness of your sin.
He specifically didn't say He will send his son but the Messiah.
And the Messiah happen to be His only begotten son.
Jesus sacrificial death was once and for all no need to kill innocent animals for your sins.

sonmvayina:

God laws says if we sin, confess and forsake ; He will forgive. there was never a time he said was going to send his son as a sin sacrifice. Where did Paul and co get the idea from?
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by cornelboy(f): 3:57pm On Feb 19, 2022
In the Torah God promised to make a new covenant.
You think only Israel will be God's people forever?

sonmvayina:

The NT contradicts the Torah.. it can't be from God..
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:58pm On Feb 19, 2022
sonmvayina:

My life is the best book..
So why do you ask others for BOOKS if your life is what you read?
Can't others also read theirs independently of any stupid questions from you? wink
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:00pm On Feb 19, 2022
cornelboy:

Bro this one nah confirmed psychopath o!
His case is the worstest!
He said he doesn't depend on books in order words he set his own rules, yet he wants to question others! smiley
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by cornelboy(f): 4:02pm On Feb 19, 2022
I thought he believed only the Torah o

MaxInDHouse:

Bro this one nah confirmed psychopath o!
His case is the worstest!
He said he doesn't depend on books in order words he set his own rules, yet he wants to question others! smiley
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:11pm On Feb 19, 2022
cornelboy:

I thought he believed only the Torah o
He will cherry pick anything that soothe his feelings in any book be it Bible, Qur'an, Babylonian Talmud, Ṣàngó, Ọbàtálá, Ọ̀ṣẹ̀rẹ̀màgbò, Amadioa anything anything so far it's just to support his unbelief against Jesus Christ of Nazareth it's all welcome to him! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by Janosky: 5:16pm On Feb 19, 2022
Correxs:

Your question is 'Did Jesus Ever called Himself God in the Bible?....I want you to understand Jesus did not show any of his nature as God when he was in human form Philippians 2:5-6 "Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God".

John20:17,do Jesus Christ & Thomas worship the same God?
Jesus says he is not equal to the God he ascended to meet.

Phillipians 2:5-6 Mounce Greek Interlinear and John 20:17, Jesus Christ and Paul proven that your quote of Phil 2:5-6 is NOT true.

Correxs:

So you don't expect him to be calling himself God when he was still in human form. But after his death and resurrection, he was called God by Thomas and Jesus did not rebuke him, John 20:28 "And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God."

John 20:17, what did Jesus tell Thomas and all his disciples?

Correxs:

When Jesus appeared to Paul (formerly Saul) on his way to Damascus, Acts 9:5 Paul asked..., Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest:..You can see Jesus answered Paul as the Lord.
According to your own Bible,Acts 2:34-36,in heaven who is the Lord superior to Jesus?
Correxs:

Stephen was martyred mainly because he called Jesus God before the Jews. Acts 7:55 ...and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God (Jesus in the position of God),

and said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God. Because Stephen said he saw Jesus in heaven as God..the Jews reacted by killing him.
Oga, @ Acts 7:55,did your Bible say "Jesus in the position of God"?
Na you FORM the statement, NOT your Bible grin

Correxs:

.. Acts 7 vs 59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit. If you noticed Stephen was calling on the name of Jesus as God even at the point of death.
Go and check Acts 7:59 Mounce Greek Interlinear, "calling upon God" was DUBIOUSLY inserted by Trinitarian translators. grin
Correxs:

Note: After the resurrection of Jesus: Thomas, one of the apostles called Jesus God; Jesus called himself Lord; and Stephen at the point of death called Jesus God. These are just few references from the Bible where Jesus is revealed as God. I advise you read the Bible to understand its message, rather than reading it to defend the message of Quran.
I have 4 questions for you:

Did your Bible at John 20:28 ends with exclamation mark (!)?
The answer is Yes.
When you say "oh my God!",are you referring to God in heaven?

John 20:17 & John 5:37, who is Jesus ascending to meet?

John 20:16-28, The doubting Thomas exclaimed surprise on seeing the proof of Jesus Christ resurrection.
John 20:17, who did Jesus call "my God and your God?"
Definitely not himself!

Acts 7:59, Mounce Greek Interlinear, Stephen NEVER claimed anything related to your claim.
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by Janosky: 5:56pm On Feb 19, 2022
elated177:

Antichristian, I need you to explain the following portion of the Scripture.

Matthew 22: 43;He said to them, “How is it then that David, speaking by the Spirit, calls him ‘Lord’? For he says,

44 “‘YHVH said to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand until I put your enemies under your feet.”’ 45 If then David calls him ‘Lord,’ how can he be his son?”

Psalms 110:1-2 & Acts 2:34-36, who is the LORD (always in capital letters) superior to Jesus Christ?
In heaven, who is commanded Jesus: "sit at my right hand"?
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by sonmvayina(m): 11:43pm On Feb 19, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

So why do you ask others for BOOKS if your life is what you read?
Can't others also read theirs independently of any stupid questions from you? wink

The only difference is that I have a functional brain but you and them don't...
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by sonmvayina(m): 11:46pm On Feb 19, 2022
cornelboy:

They wrote a book for themselves and called themselves "God special people" it is none of your business. They never mentioned your village in it.

The best you could have done is write one or ask an elder in your town to write one for your village rather than interprete their own for them...

Don't you think so ?
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by sonmvayina(m): 11:50pm On Feb 19, 2022
cornelboy:
No God says you need to kill animals for the forgiveness of your sin.
He specifically didn't say He will send his son but the Messiah.
And the Messiah happen to be His only begotten son.
Jesus sacrificial death was once and for all no need to kill innocent animals for your sins.

Where did he say all that.

That the Messiah will be a demi God or his son.point it out.

Animal sacrifices was only for unintentional sins. For allotments you have to repent of them which means confess and forsake..

Messiah simply means anointed. There were many anointed people in the old testament. Cyrus was one of them.
I guess you still need understanding..
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by AntiChristian: 12:39am On Feb 20, 2022
Wilddove:
Anti Christ! You never tire? Why not just face your own and leave others to face theirs! Leave and let me leave, stay on your lane and stop wasting your time in persecuting christianity it may end in tears be Warned!!!

No tears! I'm just saying the truth! This is not persecution! Check out its meaning.
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by AntiChristian: 12:46am On Feb 20, 2022
elated177:

You don't understand things easily, do you, antichristian?

Why would king David call him "Master"?

Where did David met him and call him master?

And even if such happened i would say it's because Jesus was a superior Prophet to David.

Jesus prayed putting his head on the ground to his father. He never called himself God anywhere!

Let me ignore you for now, antichristian. You are just wasting you time.

John 6: 43 “Stop grumbling among yourselves,” Yahushua answered. 44 “No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day. 45 It is written in the Prophets: ‘They will all be taught by YHVH.’ Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me.

John 10: 27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand.

Antichristian, you are on a sheer and an absolute fruitless exercise.

El Elohe Yahshrael! Hallelu YAH!

Jesus was even separating himself from the father everytime even in the verses you quoted above. But it seems you have eyes but lack insight!

Jesus can of his own self do nothing!
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by cornelboy(f): 2:42am On Feb 20, 2022
Isaiah 9:6

sonmvayina:

Where did he say all that.

That the Messiah will be a demi God or his son.point it out.

Animal sacrifices was only for unintentional sins. For allotments you have to repent of them which means confess and forsake..

Messiah simply means anointed. There were many anointed people in the old testament. Cyrus was one of them.
I guess you still need understanding..

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by cornelboy(f): 2:44am On Feb 20, 2022
I told you I believe the Bible. Find your next client pls smiley

sonmvayina:

They wrote a book for themselves and called themselves "God special people" it is none of your business. They never mentioned your village in it.

The best you could have done is write one or ask an elder in your town to write one for your village rather than interprete their own for them...

Don't you think so ?

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by orisa37: 5:36am On Feb 20, 2022
Free your Mind. Know that

God is permanently on His Throne in Heaven.

LordGod is in Transit controlling PRINCIPALITIES holding FORTS in Heaven and on Earth.

The LORD, JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD AND SAVIOR HAS CONQUERED THE WORLD.
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by elated177: 11:06am On Feb 20, 2022
AntiChristian:

Where did David met him and call him master?

And even if such happened i would say it's because Jesus was a superior Prophet to David.

Jesus prayed putting his head on the ground to his father. He never called himself God anywhere!

Jesus was even separating himself from the father everytime even in the verses you quoted above. But it seems you have eyes but lack insight!

Jesus can of his own self do nothing!

Seen and ignored.

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by AntiChristian: 11:12am On Feb 20, 2022
elated177:

Seen and ignored.

Rather you nothing else to say!
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by elated177: 11:21am On Feb 20, 2022
AntiChristian:

elated177:

You don't understand things easily, do you, antichristian?

Why would king David call him "Master"?

Let me ignore you for now, antichristian. You are just wasting you time.

John 6: 43 “Stop grumbling among yourselves,” Yahushua answered. 44 “No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day. 45 It is written in the Prophets: ‘They will all be taught by YHVH.’ Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me.

John 10: 27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand.

Antichristian, you are on a sheer and an absolute fruitless exercise.

El Elohe Yahshrael! Hallelu YAH!

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by NNTR: 11:39am On Feb 20, 2022
AntiChristian:
It's really hard having a conversation with Christians especially those who believe Jesus as God.

Ask them where Jesus called himself God in an unambiguous way anywhere in the Bible and they start by saying:

Thomas and Peter worshipped him! (Jesus sef worshipped his father in Matthew)
The wind obeyed him! (miracle)
He raised the dead (and not that he turned water to booze in Cana wedding lol) (another Miracle).

But the claim still is that Jesus never called himself God anywhere in the Bible.

John 10:33
They replied,
“We’re stoning you not for any good work, but for blasphemy! You, a mere man, claim to be God.”

OR

The Jewish leaders replied,
"We are not going to stone you for a good deed but for blasphemy, because you, a man, are claiming to be God."

OR

The Jews answered Him,
“We are not going to stone You for a good work, but for blasphemy, because You, a mere man, make Yourself out to be God.”

Now, my dear beloved AntiChristian Muslim brother friend, before turning your nose up, please note that, even in the face of accusations levelled against Him, Jesus never denied Himself being God anywhere in the Bible

Jesus surely must have done, said and even performed things that only qualifies God only to do, say and perform, which the Jewish leaders clearly, just like you, dont want to know or believe, loll

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by AntiChristian: 11:40am On Feb 20, 2022
elated177:

Same thing! Nothing else to say!

Jesus had a father! God needs no father!

Jesus had a God he worshipped.
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by GreatAxeMan: 11:40am On Feb 20, 2022
When did Jesus ever reject or refuse worship in the Bible?

This is a challenge for you and all other followers of prophet Sex Award Winner (SAW).

Show us where Jesus said: "I am not God, don't worship me"

Show us where Jesus REFUSED worship like this:

[img]https://images./3BZqIP5Eblemca9N5TdXa4.jpg[/img]

AntiChristian:

Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by NNTR: 11:42am On Feb 20, 2022
AntiChristian:
Same thing! Nothing else to say!

Jesus had a father! God needs no father!

Jesus had a God he worshipped.
Eat your heart out, my dear beloved AntiChristian Muslim brother friend, loll.

Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by AntiChristian: 11:44am On Feb 20, 2022
NNTR:
John 10:33
They replied,
“We’re stoning you not for any good work, but for blasphemy! You, a mere man, claim to be God.”

OR

The Jewish leaders replied,
"We are not going to stone you for a good deed but for blasphemy, because you, a man, are claiming to be God."

OR

The Jews answered Him,
“We are not going to stone You for a good work, but for blasphemy, because You, a mere man, make Yourself out to be God.”

Now, my dear beloved AntiChristian Muslim brother friend, before turning your nose up, please note that, even in the face of accusations levelled against Him, Jesus never denied Himself being God anywhere in the Bible

Jesus surely must have done, said and even performed things that only qualifies God only to do, say and perform, which the Jewish leaders clearly, just like you, dont want to know or believe, loll

Did Jesus called himself God in that verse? No! People accused him of calling himself God and he cleared himself quoting Psalms "You are all Elohim...."

Everyone is a God.
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by AntiChristian: 11:50am On Feb 20, 2022
GreatAxeMan:

When did Jesus ever reject or refuse worship in the Bible?

This is a challenge for you and all other followers of prophet Sex Award Winner (SAW).

Show us where Jesus said: "I am not God, don't worship me"

Show us where Jesus REFUSED worship like this:

Many people worshipped in the Bible including Jesus praying even putting his head on the ground in Matthew while praying.

Who worshipped Jesus?
How was Jesus worshipped?
Mention the Hebrew/Greek word translated to worship?

Jesus sure had a God he worshipped, same God he accused forsook him on the cross.

My God My God why have you forsaken me. Eli Eli lema sabacthani.
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by AntiChristian: 11:53am On Feb 20, 2022
NNTR:
Eat your heart out, my dear beloved AntiChristian Muslim brother friend, loll.

Jesus never for once called himself God or told people to worship him!

I wish you Same.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

4him I Need A Reply From You. / Rihanna's Where Have You Been Video: Illuminati? / Comparison Of Proof Of God, Jesus, Mohammed And Great Mortal Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.