Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,216 members, 7,849,765 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:19 AM

Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! (3371 Views)

Can Anyone Give Evidence That Jesus Ever Walked On This Planet? / The Main Message Of The Bible: The Major Reason The Bible Was Written / COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by sonmvayina(m): 7:00am On Feb 21, 2022
cornelboy:
What solution did he give to Igbo traditional religion?

Same, confess before the elders

They give judgement and punishment..

God forgives...
Only in some cases was animal sacrifices is necessary and required[b]..NEVER A HUMAN BEING[/b].
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by sonmvayina(m): 7:03am On Feb 21, 2022
cornelboy:
Who do Igbo traditional religionist worship¿ And have I ever declare to you that i worship Jesus as my God?

Of what importance is he then ?

God also forbade us "do not have any other God before me"...meaning no intermediary or mediator.

Chukwu....meaning the great creator..
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by sonmvayina(m): 7:07am On Feb 21, 2022
cornelboy:
Miracle! Faith!

But nobody saw it happen,

God never said it was going to happen,

The Messiah he promised is from the line of David.
Meaning he will have a father and mother. Genealogy is only transferred from father to son.
He will be a king

He will usher in a peaceful era.

He will build the 3rd temple.

He will lead people to God by keeping the laws.

All the people on earth will come to the knowledge of one true God, not necessary to Judaism..
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:37am On Feb 21, 2022
sonmvayina:

Meaning he will have a father and mother. Genealogy is only transferred from father to son.
He will be a king

All the people on earth will come to the knowledge of one true God, not necessary to Judaism..

Then what will happen to reincarnation abi people will no longer reincarnate? cheesy
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by cornelboy(f): 8:27am On Feb 21, 2022
Where did you get these from your Igbo imenani or what did you call it?

You didn't see the prophecy bout his virgin birth?

I don't know which god you believe in. But the God of Jesus is the one true God. Not the demons Igbo traditional religionist worship or any other false religion.
sonmvayina:

He will be a king

Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by cornelboy(f): 8:34am On Feb 21, 2022
You no well boss.
Chukwu meaning the great creator grin cheesy
There are words for god in every language and it doesn't mean they know the true God of the Hebrew.
Moses was called God, Jesus too is a God, there are some men that were called Gods to in the bible.
But the one true GOD for true christians is YHWH

sonmvayina:

Of what importance is he then ?

God also forbade us "do not have any other God before me"...meaning no intermediary or mediator.

Chukwu....meaning the great creator..
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by cornelboy(f): 8:35am On Feb 21, 2022
What if i want to do money ritual are the elders available?

sonmvayina:

Same, confess before the elders

They give judgement and punishment..

God forgives...
Only in some cases was animal sacrifices is necessary and required[b]..NEVER A HUMAN BEING[/b].
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by cornelboy(f): 8:38am On Feb 21, 2022
It's well bro.
Yoruba has a lots of gods which one is the true one?
India too has many gods, which one is their true God?
Go find someone else to preach you dogma to grin cheesy

sonmvayina:

The same one the jews worship,

The same the Indians

The same one the yorubas

The same one the Americans

The same one the Asians.

Same God, different nomenclature...
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by AntiChristian: 9:42am On Feb 21, 2022
GreatAxeMan:
The prayer life of Jesus was meant to serve as an example for Christians to follow:

https://images./7ciEpLEjhQKnOAqXRlNJVs.jpg

Jesus Himself was worshipped several times throughout His earthly ministry and He never refused worship which is what He would have done if it were forbidden to Him:

https://images./6F65oRaKPcBFMSzg31dhdl.jpg

https://images./Cr7aiVbwcb5LqOHIYcWpQ.jpg

Jesus forgot to clearly call himself God (Yahweh) all those "Lord" people used for him were used for others too in the New Testament.

I have said, ‘You are gods (Elohim); you are all sons of the Most High.’ Psalm 82:6

How many people are "Elohim" from Psalm 82:6 above?

When people thought Jesus called himself God and he was about to be stoned Jesus had to quote Psalm 82:6 to clear himself:
“We are not stoning You for any good work,” said the Jews, “but for blasphemy, because You, who are a man, declare Yourself to be God (Theon).” Jesus replied, “Is it not written in your Law: ‘I have said you are gods'(Theoi) ? If he called them gods (Theou) to whom the word (logos) of God (Theou) came—and the Scripture cannot be broken then what about the One whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world? How then can you accuse Me of blasphemy for stating that I am the Son of God (Theou)?

I think from the above it clear that Jesus is not God!
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by sonmvayina(m): 10:52am On Feb 21, 2022
cornelboy:
It's well bro.
Yoruba has a lots of gods which one is the true one?
India too has many gods, which one is their true God?
Go find someone else to preach you dogma to grin cheesy

Yoruba worships Eledumare,

They have a lot of "sons of god" called orishas which the Bible also speaks of in the book of job.
They go through these orishas to get to God, which God forbids....do not have any other God before me.

The Indians have brahma, with different "sons of God " too...

So you understand now? Or should I draw you a picture?
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by sonmvayina(m): 10:54am On Feb 21, 2022
cornelboy:
What if i want to do money ritual are the elders available?

That is your business..use your son or daughter.

You will suffer the consequences.

But if they catch you, you will spend the remainder of your time on this earth in jail..

Advice yourself well.
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by sonmvayina(m): 10:58am On Feb 21, 2022
cornelboy:
You no well boss.
Chukwu meaning the great creator grin cheesy
There are words for god in every language and it doesn't mean they know the true God of the Hebrew.
Moses was called God, Jesus too is a God, there are some men that were called Gods to in the bible.
But the one true GOD for true christians is YHWH

Lol, you no get sense at all.

Yaweh is even one of the 70 sons of Enlil. And Enlil is Satan. So continue.

The creator of heaven and earth is Marduk in babylonian religion.
Eledumare in yoruba
Chukwu in igbo
Osanobua in bini
Abasi in always ibom..
Ra in Egypt
Brahma in India..

Etc.

Same God, different nomenclature....
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by sonmvayina(m): 11:03am On Feb 21, 2022
cornelboy:
Where did you get these from your Igbo imenani or what did you call it?

You didn't see the prophecy bout his virgin birth?

I don't know which god you believe in. But the God of Jesus is the one true God. Not the demons Igbo traditional religionist worship or any other false religion.

You no get sense at all.

According to the jews, is that not what we are discussing.

The Jewish Torah is almost the same sa the igbo omenani. The only difference is the nomenclature and who is telling the stories....

Jesus is a Roman/ Greek creation...has got nothing to do with the creator of heaven and earth...

No virgin birth, Isaiah was talking about his young wife who happens to be the prophetess...

Stop taking text out of context..you will miss the full gist in the story..
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by sonmvayina(m): 11:08am On Feb 21, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Then what will happen to reincarnation abi people will no longer reincarnate? cheesy

Lol..

Yes they will.

Our spirits are indestructible...

They will come to enjoy a peaceful world when the Messiah comes. There is even a school of taught in Judaism that David will come again as the much and long awaited Messiah...might be. There are passages to support it..
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:20am On Feb 21, 2022
sonmvayina:

You no get sense at all.
As usual!
Whoever believe in Jesus of Nazareth has no sense at all before sonmvayina! cheesy
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by cornelboy(f): 12:46pm On Feb 21, 2022
Your comments are meaning to you but senseless to me.
Jesus was a real person as well as his apostles.

sonmvayina:

You no get sense at all.

According to the jews, is that not what we are discussing.

The Jewish Torah is almost the same sa the igbo omenani. The only difference is the nomenclature and who is telling the stories....

Jesus is a Roman/ Greek creation...has got kissnothing to do with the creator of heaven and earth...

No virgin birth, Isaiah was talking about his young wife who happens to be the prophetess...

Stop taking text out of context..you will miss the full gist in the story..
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by cornelboy(f): 12:48pm On Feb 21, 2022
Is that the advice from gods book imenani?
Who makes this money ritual work? God?

sonmvayina:

That is your business..use your son or daughter.

You will suffer the consequences.

But if they catch you, you will spend the remainder of your time on this earth in jail..

Advice yourself well.

Whatever book your reading, keep it to yourself
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by cornelboy(f): 12:54pm On Feb 21, 2022
I told you I only believe in the one true God and the BIBLE.

You are only telling what the word God is called in different languages.

Yorùbá has may gods, which one of them is Yahweh?

Ogun and Sango, poeple worship this two, isn't that idolatry senseless guy?

sonmvayina:

Lol, you no get sense at all.

Yaweh is even one of the 70 sons of Enlil. And Enlil is Satan. So continue.

The creator of heaven and earth is Marduk in babylonian religion.
Eledumare in yoruba
Chukwu in igbo
Osanobua in bini
Abasi in always ibom..
Ra in Egypt
Brahma in India..

Etc.

Same God, different nomenclature....

Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by cornelboy(f): 1:06pm On Feb 21, 2022
Your very dumb cheesy
Why did you say worshipping Jesus the son of God is idolatry whereas you just explained yourself that eledumare is the God yoruba worship and he have sons too that the same yorubas worship.

Among all these different Gods available in different tribes of the world, i chose the one that proclaim that He's the only true GOD and he showed miraculous signs to his people.
He also said worshipping any other god besides him is idolatry. The living God is the One i chose to worship and obey his commandments.
You have any problem with that?

sonmvayina:

Yoruba worships Eledumare,

They have a lot of "sons of god" called orishas which the Bible also speaks of in the book of job.
They go through these orishas to get to God, which God forbids....do not have any other God before me.

The Indians have brahma, with different "sons of God " too...

So you understand now? Or should I draw you a picture?
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by sonmvayina(m): 1:29pm On Feb 21, 2022
cornelboy:
Your very dumb cheesy
Why did you say worshipping Jesus the son of God is idolatry whereas you just explained yourself that eledumare is the God yoruba worship and he have sons too that the same yorubas worship.

Among all these different Gods available in different tribes of the world, i chose the one that proclaim that He's the only true GOD and he showed miraculous signs to his people.
He also said worshipping any other god besides him is idolatry. The living God is the One i chose to worship and obey his commandments.
You have any problem with that?

Jesus never existed...that is the difference..

He was created by greeco-roman empire...
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by sonmvayina(m): 1:32pm On Feb 21, 2022
cornelboy:
I told you I only believe in the one true God and the BIBLE.

You are only telling what the word God is called in different languages.

Yorùbá has may gods, which one of them is Yahweh?

Ogun and Sango, poeple worship this two, isn't that idolatry senseless guy?

Of course it is idolatry..

Worship the one true creator of heaven and earth.

Forget about Jesus...he is a fictional character.
Yaweh is not the name of the Jewish God.. it is Hashem
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:32pm On Feb 21, 2022
sonmvayina:

Jesus never existed...that is the difference..
He was created by greeco-roman empire...

You will continue to argue, abuse, insult, curse and if care is not taking kill people with this your arrogance because Jesus is the most important as in the greatest man who ever lived on this planet! wink
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by sonmvayina(m): 1:33pm On Feb 21, 2022
cornelboy:
Is that the advice from gods book imenani?
Who makes this money ritual work? God?

Whatever book your reading, keep it to yourself

Yes it's God..
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by sonmvayina(m): 1:35pm On Feb 21, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

You will continue to argue, abuse, insult, curse and if care is not taking kill people with this your arrogance because Jesus is the most important as in the greatest man who ever lived on this planet! wink

What about superman AKA Clark Kent.?

Can your Jesus fly in the air and shoot fire from his eyes?
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by sonmvayina(m): 1:36pm On Feb 21, 2022
cornelboy:
Your comments are meaning to you but senseless to me.
Jesus was a real person as well as his apostles.

Aside the Bible

What do you about him? And the apostles?

What did historians say about you..
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by sonmvayina(m): 1:38pm On Feb 21, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

As usual!
Whoever believe in Jesus of Nazareth has no sense at all before sonmvayina! cheesy

Will somebody with sense believe a woman can become pregnant without the input of a man

Yes or No?
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:43pm On Feb 21, 2022
sonmvayina:

What about superman AKA Clark Kent.?
Can your Jesus fly in the air and shoot fire from his eyes?
Funny atheist! grin
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:45pm On Feb 21, 2022
sonmvayina:

Will somebody with sense believe a woman can become pregnant without the input of a man
Yes or No?

I thought you agreed that God created humans from the dust, but how come you doubt the power of that same God when talking about making a living woman pregnant without a man? cheesy
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by cornelboy(f): 1:46pm On Feb 21, 2022
Historians that weren't there when Jesus and his apostles were living on earth.
They can only be assuming and guessing.

sonmvayina:

Aside the Bible

What do you about him? And the apostles?

What did historians say about you..
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by cornelboy(f): 1:47pm On Feb 21, 2022
cheesy cheesy cheesy

sonmvayina:

Yes it's God..

You people will always discredit the NT because it exposes your evil and lawless deeds.
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by GreatAxeMan: 1:50pm On Feb 21, 2022
The Hebrew word Elohim which is used in Psalm 82: 6 is not understood by Christians to mean God in the the divine sense because Elohim has other secondary meanings, depending on the context in which it is used. For example, the word Elohim is translated as “judges” in Exodus 21:6 and 22:8, 9, and 28.

Psalm 82:1 says:

“God presides in the great assembly; he gives judgment among the gods.”

It is clear from the next three verses that the word “gods” refers to magistrates, judges, and other people who hold positions of authority and rule:

2 How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked? Selah.

3 Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy.

4 Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked.

Verses 6 and 7 of Psalm 82, warn human magistrates that they, too, must be judged:

“I said, `You are gods; you are all sons of the Most High.' But you will die like mere men; you will fall like every other ruler.”

This passage is saying that God has appointed men to positions of authority in which they are considered as gods among the people. They are to remember that, even though they are representing God in this world, they are mortal and must eventually give an account to God for how they used that authority.

Now, let us look at what it means when Jesus references Psalm 82:6 in John 10: 25 to 30.

1. The context of the scripture is that Jesus had just claimed to be the Son of God (John 10:25-30).

2. The unbelieving Jews respond to this claim by charging Jesus with blasphemy, since He claimed to be God (verse 33).

3. Jesus then quoted Psalm 82:6, reminding the Jews that the Law refers to mere men—albeit men of authority and prestige—as “gods.”

The point Jesus was making is essentially this:

Why do you charge me with blasphemy based on my use of the title “Son of God”; when your own Scriptures apply the same term to magistrates and judges in general?

In other words, Jesus was asking a rhetorical question: "if those who hold a divinely appointed office can be considered as “gods,” how much more can the One whom God has chosen and sent?" (verses 34-36)?

In any event, you have failed to answer my basic question: WHY DID JESUS ACCEPT WORSHIP FROM MORTALS IF HE WAS NOT GOD?

AntiChristian:

Jesus forgot to clearly call himself God (Yahweh) all those "Lord" people used for him were used for others too in the New Testament.

I have said, ‘You are gods (Elohim); you are all sons of the Most High.’ Psalm 82:6

How many people are "Elohim" from Psalm 82:6 above?

When people thought Jesus called himself God and he was about to be stoned Jesus had to quote Psalm 82:6 to clear himself:
“We are not stoning You for any good work,” said the Jews, “but for blasphemy, because You, who are a man, declare Yourself to be God (Theon).” Jesus replied, “Is it not written in your Law: ‘I have said you are gods'(Theoi) ? If he called them gods (Theou) to whom the word (logos) of God (Theou) came—and the Scripture cannot be broken then what about the One whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world? How then can you accuse Me of blasphemy for stating that I am the Son of God (Theou)?

I think from the above it clear that Jesus is not God!
Re: Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! by AntiChristian: 2:06pm On Feb 21, 2022
GreatAxeMan:
The Hebrew word Elohim which is used in Psalm 82: 6 is not understood by Christians to mean God in the the divine sense because Elohim has other secondary meanings, depending on the context in which it is used. For example, the word Elohim is translated as “judges” in Exodus 21:6 and 22:8, 9, and 28.

Psalm 82:1 says:

“God presides in the great assembly; he gives judgment among the gods.”

It is clear from the next three verses that the word “gods” refers to magistrates, judges, and other people who hold positions of authority and rule:

2 How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked? Selah.

3 Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy.

4 Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked.

Verses 6 and 7 of Psalm 82, warn human magistrates that they, too, must be judged:

“I said, `You are gods; you are all sons of the Most High.' But you will die like mere men; you will fall like every other ruler.”

This passage is saying that God has appointed men to positions of authority in which they are considered as gods among the people. They are to remember that, even though they are representing God in this world, they are mortal and must eventually give an account to God for how they used that authority.

Now, let us look at what it means when Jesus references Psalm 82:6 in John 10: 25 to 30.

1. The context of the scripture is that Jesus had just claimed to be the Son of God (John 10:25-30).

You are right to this point

2. The unbelieving Jews respond to this claim by charging Jesus with blasphemy, since He claimed to be God (verse 33).
They thought he was calling himself God. But where did Jesus call himself God?

3. Jesus then quoted Psalm 82:6, reminding the Jews that the Law refers to mere men—albeit men of authority and prestige—as “gods.”

The point Jesus was making is essentially this:

Why do you charge me with blasphemy based on my use of the title “Son of God”; when your own Scriptures apply the same term to magistrates and judges in general?

In other words, Jesus was asking a rhetorical question: "if those who hold a divinely appointed office can be considered as “gods,” how much more can the One whom God has chosen and sent?" (verses 34-36)?

You are mixing things up. Jesus replied, “Is it not written in your Law: ‘I have said you are gods'(Theoi) ? If he called them gods (Theou) to whom the word (logos) of God (Theou) came..." This means those whom the scriptures were revealed were called Elohim too so why can't he be called son of God (not God). He was claiming son of God not God.

In any event, you have failed to answer my basic question: WHY DID JESUS ACCEPT WORSHIP FROM MORTALS IF HE WAS NOT GOD?
Worship is the feeling or expression of reverence and adoration for a deity.

To answer you, show me where Jesus was worshipped, how he was worshipped and who worshipped Yahweh as such?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mama Afriki - Africa The Goddess / Satanic Haircuts And Tatoos Expozed / How Did God Reveal Himself to You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.