Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,154 members, 7,818,495 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

Unattractive Nairalanders, There's Still Hope: Personal Experience. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Unattractive Nairalanders, There's Still Hope: Personal Experience. (7492 Views)

Do Ladies Find Slim Guys Unattractive? / Why Do Most Good Looking Persons Marry Someone Who Is Unattractive? / Nigerian Women Are Among The Most Unattractive Set Of Women In The World. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unattractive Nairalanders, There's Still Hope: Personal Experience. by Nobody: 7:27pm On Feb 19, 2022
To the unattractive or average looking members of this forum, there's hope for you...

"Beauty is skin deep"... Cliche, but this statement is nothing but the gospel truth...

My personal experience:

My childhood was tough... We moved a lot... I changed to new school... Got bullied by the older girls... Kids can be very cruel... cry

So I grew up thinking I wasn't attractive...

I hate to receive compliments... Yes, flattery doesn't move me... grin

How did my perception of myself affect my relationships?

It made me appreciate and value intelligence... A sense of humour... Good character and humanity... grin

I'm not drop dead gorgeous... I'm a tomboy, so I'm pretty rough... Lol...

I began to have interest in other things... Instead of fashion, it was science and tech and history and literature... Had a crush on Steven Hawkins (rip)... grin

Massage my ego by telling me how smart I am...
That's the only way to my heart... (And food and an adventure and a good book and music...etc) grin

I'm not attracted to pretty faces... I absolutely adore intelligent men... A plus If they find it hard to connect to others...(I can relate)... embarassed

We live in a world that tells us that if we aren't beautiful or handsome, we're a zero... And it's wrong...

You have many other amazing qualities...

1. Your intelligence...

2. Your personality; you might be funny, kind, dependable...etc...

Most of us try to use money to compensate... That's bullshit!

You can date someone who likes the same thing you do; music, genre of books, movies, travel, food...etc...

Nothing connects us more than common interests... Especially in a relationship...

It's not high cheekbones, not flawless skin, not biceps...

Ofcourse, we're all beautiful... "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder"... The opinions of assholes don't matter... smiley

But just realise that there's more to you...

Beauty standards change... Like a stupid trend... But you're constant... kiss

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Unattractive Nairalanders, There's Still Hope: Personal Experience. by Anto2001(m): 7:44pm On Feb 19, 2022
Tanks. Who fine face epp? As for me I like smart and RICH guys.
Re: Unattractive Nairalanders, There's Still Hope: Personal Experience. by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:45pm On Feb 19, 2022
Lol this works for women sha not men. If you are an ugly man you are finished.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unattractive Nairalanders, There's Still Hope: Personal Experience. by Cutehector(m): 7:48pm On Feb 19, 2022
Are you lesbian?

1 Like

Re: Unattractive Nairalanders, There's Still Hope: Personal Experience. by Nobody: 7:51pm On Feb 19, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
Really? I don't think so...

As long as a man is an extrovert, funny, smart... And in most cases, rich... His looks don't matter...

Women are the ones who absolutely need to be beautiful!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unattractive Nairalanders, There's Still Hope: Personal Experience. by Nobody: 7:51pm On Feb 19, 2022
Cutehector:
Are you lesbian?
Why would I be? I'm not

1 Like

Re: Unattractive Nairalanders, There's Still Hope: Personal Experience. by Karleb(m): 7:51pm On Feb 19, 2022
Anto2001:

It's people like you that keeps breeding ugly people because of which stupid reason.

Do you know an innocent unborn kid's life depends on this statement?

Later on, you would give birth to an ugly child that would have to depend on beauty product for the rest of their lives.

Let's stop this rubbish.

Goodlook isn't synonymous to airheadedness.

Ugly look isn't synonymous to ingenuity.

I dey vex! angry

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unattractive Nairalanders, There's Still Hope: Personal Experience. by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:52pm On Feb 19, 2022
Datboredberri:

As long as a man is an extrovert, funny, smart... And in most cases, rich... His looks don't matter...

So if he's an introvert, not funny, dull and broke nko.
Re: Unattractive Nairalanders, There's Still Hope: Personal Experience. by Cutehector(m): 7:52pm On Feb 19, 2022
Datboredberri:
Why would I be? I'm not
thanK God.
Re: Unattractive Nairalanders, There's Still Hope: Personal Experience. by Cutehector(m): 7:53pm On Feb 19, 2022
Anto2001:
you must be gay.
Re: Unattractive Nairalanders, There's Still Hope: Personal Experience. by Nobody: 7:55pm On Feb 19, 2022
Karleb:

It's people like you that keeps breeding ugly people because of which stupid reason.

Later on, you would give birth to an ugly child that would have to depend on beauty product for the rest of their lives.

Let's stop this rubbish.

I dey vex! angry

Why should good looks matter to an unborn child?

That's my point!

Except for the entertainment industry (which even requires talent) beauty is of no benefit to the society...

Yes, one can be beauty and smart... But if you're not attractive (by societal standards) there's no great loss

No one breeds to have more intelligent children... Why?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unattractive Nairalanders, There's Still Hope: Personal Experience. by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:56pm On Feb 19, 2022
Karleb:

Let's stop this rubbish.

I dey vex! angry

Imagine giving birth to a son like portable. I don't know why a lot of women believe guys look don't matter

8 Likes

Re: Unattractive Nairalanders, There's Still Hope: Personal Experience. by Nobody: 7:57pm On Feb 19, 2022
My own gifts have made me very controversial all my life,my quiet and introverted nature can't even help me.Hmm irony of life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unattractive Nairalanders, There's Still Hope: Personal Experience. by Nobody: 7:58pm On Feb 19, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

So if he's an introvert, not funny, dull and broke nko.
He must have something... He focuses on that...

I didn't say that those are the things I personally like... Those are qualities society says a man must have to be considered 'attractive'...

I don't care if he's cute.... I like introverts.... And his status doesn't matter- to me.

As long as he's a goal getter, funny, intelligent, adventurous... I would definitely fall! grin

1 Like

Re: Unattractive Nairalanders, There's Still Hope: Personal Experience. by bonadripper: 7:58pm On Feb 19, 2022
WHATS YOUR POINT EXACTLY?

ARE YOU WORWOR OR NOT?

Re: Unattractive Nairalanders, There's Still Hope: Personal Experience. by Nobody: 8:00pm On Feb 19, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Imagine giving birth to a son like portable. I don't know why a lot of women believe guys look don't matter
Portable has bad genes... But he's personality is sh** too...

His hair, he's body (thanks to drugs)...

He literally has nothing going for him... So he's a zero...

But he's funny... Many women like that...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unattractive Nairalanders, There's Still Hope: Personal Experience. by Maxxim: 8:01pm On Feb 19, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

LMFAO

1 Like

Re: Unattractive Nairalanders, There's Still Hope: Personal Experience. by JoyousFurnitire(m): 8:02pm On Feb 19, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Portable is now attractive undecided

Don't give a stray bullet undecided

1 Like

Re: Unattractive Nairalanders, There's Still Hope: Personal Experience. by Nobody: 8:03pm On Feb 19, 2022
bonadripper:
WHATS YOUR POINT EXACTLY?

ARE YOU WORWOR OR NOT?

To you I might be ugly... To someone else I might be beautiful...

Because I was bullied, looks mattered less to me...

I like being appreciated for being intelligent... For having a great personality... For being kind...

I don't want a medal for being a 'doll'...

I want everyone to know that being unattractive isn't the end...

There's more to you than a face/body that doesn't meet superficial beauty standards... wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unattractive Nairalanders, There's Still Hope: Personal Experience. by dacblogger: 8:04pm On Feb 19, 2022
Beauty matters...I DNT want my kids feeling inferior in this life please..

2 Likes

Re: Unattractive Nairalanders, There's Still Hope: Personal Experience. by bonadripper: 8:05pm On Feb 19, 2022
Datboredberri:

To you I might be ugly... To someone else I might be beautiful...

Because I was bullied, looks mattered less to me...

I like being appreciated for being intelligent... For having a great personality... For being kind...

I don't want a medal for being a 'doll'...

I want everyone to know that being unattractive isn't the end...

There's more to you than a face/body that doesn't meet superficial beauty standards... wink

Can I connect to you privately?

Would love to call u and be friends?

Should I send an email?
Re: Unattractive Nairalanders, There's Still Hope: Personal Experience. by Nobody: 8:06pm On Feb 19, 2022
bonadripper:

Can I connect to you privately?

Would love to call u and be friends?

Should I send an email?
Ofcourse! smiley
Re: Unattractive Nairalanders, There's Still Hope: Personal Experience. by Nobody: 8:10pm On Feb 19, 2022
dacblogger:
Beauty matters...I DNT want my kids feeling inferior in this life please..
We choose suitable mates to have offsprings that are better suited to survive...

Your child wouldn't feel inferior if the world were smarter... But it's not... Sadly.

I love Steven Hawkins for one simple reason... He had a disability but he was a fu**ing genius! I cried when he died...

Have you ever thought that your child may feel inferior for not being as smart as he is?

Why not?
Re: Unattractive Nairalanders, There's Still Hope: Personal Experience. by Double0h7(f): 8:11pm On Feb 19, 2022
I'm sexy and I know it.... common! cool
Re: Unattractive Nairalanders, There's Still Hope: Personal Experience. by dacblogger: 8:12pm On Feb 19, 2022
Datboredberri:
We choose suitable mates to have offsprings that are better suited to survive...

Your child wouldn't feel inferior if the world were smarter... But it's not... Sadly.

I love Steven Hawkins for one simple reason... He had a disability but he was a fu**ing genius! I cried when he died...

Have you ever thought that your child may feel inferior for not being as smart as he is?

Why not?
Luckily for them, they have both beauty nd d brains to go with it...
Re: Unattractive Nairalanders, There's Still Hope: Personal Experience. by Jeon(f): 8:13pm On Feb 19, 2022
people like me have no hope, even though there is surgery reconstruction equipments cry

1 Like

Re: Unattractive Nairalanders, There's Still Hope: Personal Experience. by Nobody: 8:17pm On Feb 19, 2022
dacblogger:

Luckily for them, they have both beauty nd d brains to go with it...
And if they don't... If they are blessed with intelligence or charisma... Be assured that their lot is better than that of prince charming!
Re: Unattractive Nairalanders, There's Still Hope: Personal Experience. by Nobody: 8:23pm On Feb 19, 2022
Jeon:
people like me have no hope, even though there is surgery reconstruction equipments cry
Lol! You're actually very beautiful...

Someone like me... Our sense is our saving grace... grin
Re: Unattractive Nairalanders, There's Still Hope: Personal Experience. by Raalsalghul: 8:28pm On Feb 19, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Unattractive Nairalanders, There's Still Hope: Personal Experience. by AoifeNightfall: 8:38pm On Feb 19, 2022
Jeon:

Ah! Jeon. You're just trolling abeg!

You're beautiful.

1 Like

Re: Unattractive Nairalanders, There's Still Hope: Personal Experience. by AoifeNightfall: 8:42pm On Feb 19, 2022
Datboredberri:

A woman like Oby Ezekwesili can be accomplished and successful but people like Reno Omokri will be debating her physical beauty on Twitter.

1 Like

Re: Unattractive Nairalanders, There's Still Hope: Personal Experience. by Candidlady: 8:43pm On Feb 19, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Lmao cheesy cheesy cheesy

The last line cheesy ugly oooo handsome oooo all of em are finished!!!!! Gama!!! Finalizado

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

N@ked Woman Seen On House Roof In Benin / Is it Ok To Double-Date? / My Fiancee Earns More Than Me And It's Making My Life Miserable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.