Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,364 members, 7,843,082 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

What Is It About Me? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is It About Me? (1937 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is It About Me? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Feb 21, 2022
I don't just understand why people like to assume things about me when they barely even know me.
Someone will just meet me and assume that I can't cook or do physical work and that I'm an ajebutter.
It really irks me... Upon all the beards and muscles wey I get angry

And this has been the case since I was a young boy even with extended family members . I meet a man/woman/guy/lady for the first time and they already think i can't cook, or clean like I'm a spoilt brat who grew up in the west.
I don't like it all angry

Street guys I know who are razz and always rap the pidgin language from dusk till Dawn will see me and become professors overnight
E.g
Me : bro how far wetin dey sup na
Sakaru: how you? I hope you cool?

Like wtf This will be someone who doesn't speak pure English on a norms.

Im tired of all these. Must everybody in this country frustrate my life?! angry
Re: What Is It About Me? by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:42pm On Feb 21, 2022
your essence brings out the best/worst in people... look within yourself for a solution to this problem!

1 Like

Re: What Is It About Me? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 6:44pm On Feb 21, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
your essence brings out the best/worst in people... look within yourself for a solution to this problem!
What problem?
Look he's being himself and he has no problem..any Dumbo who ain't comfortable should jump into a lagoon..he wasn't birthed to please people so understand that..
I repeat he has no problem..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is It About Me? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 6:45pm On Feb 21, 2022
Most people do tend to conclude without even trying to know the truth cause they want to seem superior. They feel like they know everything. But on the contrary they are the ones who knows nothing...

Look keep smiling while they keep talking nonsense that way you are gonna leave them in a state of confusion..pls you have no problem with yourself so don't overthink anything aiit..let them keep talking cos only you understand yourself.. kiss

1 Like

Re: What Is It About Me? by Konor: 6:47pm On Feb 21, 2022
Maybe you look too fresh cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Is It About Me? by Goldbw122(m): 6:52pm On Feb 21, 2022
Well suprise them..
Re: What Is It About Me? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Feb 21, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

What problem?
Look he's being himself and he has no problem..any Dumbo who ain't comfortable should jump into a lagoon..he wasn't birthed to please people so understand that..
I repeat he has no problem..
leave that man.
Oga said it's my essence grin
Re: What Is It About Me? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 6:55pm On Feb 21, 2022
Descottes:
leave that man.
Oga said it's my essence grin
As I said earlier enjoy your wonderful self let them keep jumping Into conclusion..
Re: What Is It About Me? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Feb 21, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Most people do tend to conclude without even trying to know the truth cause they want to seem superior. They feel like they know everything. But on the contrary they are the ones who knows nothing...

Look keep smiling while they keep talking nonsense that way you are gonna leave them in a state of confusion..pls you have no problem with yourself so don't overthink anything aiit..let them keep talking cos only you understand yourself.. kiss

It happens too often when I'm with people, that's why most times I stay by myself.
I remember when I was an undergraduate and moved into an off camp hostel, a friendly girl who was an occupant in the house came into my room while I was arranging my things and she was like "hey you are new here?
Me : yeah. Moved in yesterday.
She: wow so I have a new neighbor (smiling)"
We got talking and the next she said was : "I'm very sure you can't cook, I'll be helping you don't worry."

Me in my mind : The heck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is It About Me? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Feb 21, 2022
Konor:
Maybe you look too fresh cheesy
LMAO
Re: What Is It About Me? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 7:04pm On Feb 21, 2022
Descottes:
It happens too often when I'm with people, that's why most times I stay by myself.
I remember when I was an undergraduate and moved into an off camp hostel, a friendly girl who was an occupant in the house came into my room while I was arranging my things and she was like "hey you are new here?
Me : yeah. Moved in yesterday.
She: wow so I have a new neighbor (smiling)"
We got talking and the next she said was : "I'm very sure you can't cook, I'll be helping you don't worry."

Me in my mind : The heck
She probably was trying to know you better hence the word.. seriously you don't have to be bothered tho..
You must be a reserved person who keep things to yourself cos you believe people are not to be trusted..it's understandable...
Re: What Is It About Me? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Feb 21, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

She probably was trying to know you better hence the word.. seriously you don't have to be bothered tho..
You must be a reserved person who keep things to yourself cos you believe people are not to be trusted..it's understandable...
yeah I get.
But The problem is, why does it happen all the time when I meet a person or persons for the first time

Some guys will be blowing pidgin english among themselves, when I come around and try to associate with them speaking the pidgin english, they respond to me with pure English.
Funny thing is, their english is usually very poor . Lol.

1 Like

Re: What Is It About Me? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 7:14pm On Feb 21, 2022
Descottes:
yeah I get.
But The problem is, why does it happen all the time when I meet a person or persons for the first time

Some guys will be blowing pidgin english among themselves, when I come around and try to associate with them speaking the pidgin english, they respond to me with pure English.
Funny thing is, their english is usually very poor . Lol.
Your body language haha...here is a particular way you do carry yourself around people that make them easily conclude..
Re: What Is It About Me? by Magnoliaa(f): 7:33pm On Feb 21, 2022
Okay. Professor Mango to the rescue.

Follow these steps:

Materials needed;

- Charcoal - Sack - Ropes - Empty ragolis bottles and jerry cans - Scissors - Old, faded, worn out shoes and clothes - Microphone - Used cartons

What you need to do;

- Grow your hair for six months

After,

- Do not bath for five days

- Buy baskets of onions, garlic or any other spices with strong, long-lasting smell

- Consume them RAW for the period of days you wouldn't bath. Do not brush your teeth

- Put on the old clothes and shoes and stand in the middle of your room

- Then take the scissors and begin to shred at the clothes you've worn. No. Don't tear them off complete. Just slashes here and there

- Move to your hair now and start the same process. Cut here and there. Do not cut evenly

- Keep the scissors aside and pick up the charcoal (some grounded), then apply it to your body liberally like a powder. Take the remaining ungrounded charcoal and draw marks all over your arms and neck and face. Hugh, slanting lines like the stripes of a zebra (if by now, your friends and family haven't deserted you, get one of them to help you draw the lines down your back too)

- Then take the rope and link it through all the ragolis bottles and jerry cans you should have punctured by now. Drape the tied containers over your shoulder and midsection

- Jack up your sack in one hand, your used cartons under your armpits and your microphone in the other hand

- Step out of your house.

Find a gutter. A stagnant, slimy, gunky, etcccc., gutter. You get. Jump inside and stew in it for at least 2 hours for maximum effect.

smiley Now your transformation is beginning and change of self on the path to self discovery... Pick a topic of interest to you and begin to sensitize people about it with your microphone walking down your street and subsequently roaming about to anywhere you can find. Don't forget to always steal your daily bread. I mean, literally. It's a must!

Trust me, by the time you carry out the above steps for the next six months, eheh, ehh, nobody even needs to be rating you high or mistaking you for who you are not. Na dem go dey avoid you gan. The Road to Peace and Highway to Bliss... Just be enjoying.

Come back after a year and come and share your testimony of the prescription of the beautiful rubbish I know I just wrote and see if it won't work. Make you revoke my license then if e no go happen as I talk am. Na me!

2 Likes

Re: What Is It About Me? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Feb 21, 2022
Descottes:
I don't just understand why people like to assume things about me when they barely even know me.
Someone will just meet me and assume that I can't cook or do physical work and that I'm an ajebutter.

And this has been the case since I was a young boy even with extended family members . I meet a man/woman/guy/lady for the first time and they already think i can't cook, or clean like I'm a spoilt brat who grew up in the west.

Street guys I know who are razz and always rap the pidgin language from dusk till Dawn will see me and become professors overnight
E.g

To me, you're an ajebutter... grin

It's a good thing... To not be an agbero... Cheer up!

You frowned too much
Re: What Is It About Me? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Feb 21, 2022
Datboredberri:
To me, you're an ajebutter... grin

It's a good thing... To not be an agbero... Cheer up!

You frowned too much
lol. Here we go again. You've not even seen me and you say I'm an 'ajebutter'

At times I feign to be a local street guy, so as not to come off as arrogant

I don't frown, and I don't smile either
Re: What Is It About Me? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Feb 21, 2022
Magnoliaa:
Okay. Professor Mango to the rescue.

Come back after a year and come and share your testimony of the prescription of the beautiful rubbish I know I just wrote and see if it won't work. Make you revoke my license then if e no go happen as I talk am. Na me!
you are not nice at all
Re: What Is It About Me? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Feb 21, 2022
Descottes:
lol. Here we go again. You've not even seen me and you say I'm an 'ajebutter'

At times I feign to be, just to not come off as arrogant

I don't frown, and I don't smile either
I haven't seen you... But I can sense your softness...

People who are reserved tend to be respected more...

You're being respected...

That's why they try to 'level up' in your presence...

No one I know believes I can speak pidgin... They don't think I work either... They think I'm arrogant...

Until we start to play... (I'm a tom boy)... grin
Re: What Is It About Me? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Feb 21, 2022
Datboredberri:
I haven't seen you... But I can sense your softness...

People who are reserved tend to be respected more...

You're being respected...

That's why they try to 'level up' in your presence...

No one I know believes I can speak pidgin... They don't think I work either... They think I'm arrogant...

Until we start to play... (I'm a tom boy)... grin
makes the both of us. I'm glad you understand and can relate grin

Tomboy. Really? Hope your tomboyish nature ain't on the extreme level ?

You're so young yet so brainy... Are you really 19 ?
Re: What Is It About Me? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Feb 21, 2022
Lol @ idonweak I saw your username and bursted out a laugh.
Why did you come up with that username? So funny grin grin
Re: What Is It About Me? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Feb 21, 2022
Descottes:
makes the both of us. I'm glad you understand and can relate grin

Tomboy. Really? Hope your tomboyish nature ain't on the extreme level ?

You're so young yet so brainy... Are you really 19 ?
Lol... I blushed...

19 next month...

I'll wrestle you... I wouldn't win tho... grin
Re: What Is It About Me? by Idonweak: 8:56pm On Feb 21, 2022
Descottes:
Lol @ idonweak I saw your username and bursted out a laugh.
Why did you come up with that username? So funny grin grin

grin grin

I was really battling depression when i created this moniker. I'm still battling it but not as intense as it was
Re: What Is It About Me? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Feb 21, 2022
Datboredberri:
Lol... I blushed...

19 next month...

I'll wrestle you... I wouldn't win tho... grin
Damn... so you're not even 19 yet?!! shocked

You seem so full of life... and you're very lovable . I can understand why that airhead created a thread to profess his 'undying' love for you. Lol
Re: What Is It About Me? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Feb 21, 2022
Idonweak:

grin grin

I was really battling depression when i created this moniker. I'm still battling it but not as intense as it was
yeah I figured. smiley

I also get depressed every now and then.

It's well with us
Re: What Is It About Me? by Lightway: 9:04pm On Feb 21, 2022
Descottes:

E.g

Instead of you to use your ajebutter life to make money, learn online skills and be great... You fooling yourself with people that can't feed you
Re: What Is It About Me? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Feb 21, 2022
Lightway:

Instead of you to use your ajebutter life to make money, learn online skills and be great... You fooling yourself with people that can't feed you
I'm sure you're really hungry.
How much do you need to get something for dinner?
Re: What Is It About Me? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Feb 21, 2022
Yes like how that gender think say dem fit scam me cos I get pikin face and dey think say I no get sense
Re: What Is It About Me? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Feb 21, 2022
Senomii:
Yes like how that gender think say dem fit scam me cos I get pikin face and dey think say I no get sense
lol. Yours even better cuz you know why it happens.
But me I don't even understand why people are like that with me cuz I look really mature. I even look older than my age
Re: What Is It About Me? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Feb 21, 2022
Descottes:
lol. Yours even better cuz you know why it happens.
But me I don't even understand why people are like that with me cuz I look really mature. I even look older than my age
It can also be as a result of people knowing you as a very kind and soft person
Re: What Is It About Me? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Feb 21, 2022
Descottes:
Damn... so you're not even 19 yet?!! shocked

You seem so full of life... and you're very lovable . I can understand why that airhead created a thread to profess his 'undying' love for you. Lol
Thank you!

It was weird... I didn't know how to respond...

I reject any future proposal
Re: What Is It About Me? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Feb 21, 2022
Datboredberri:
Thank you!

It was weird... I didn't know how to respond...

I reject any future proposal
senomii did you hear that? cheesy
Do not propose, else your heart will be shattered to irredeemable pieces.
One man's already down. lol grin
Re: What Is It About Me? by Lightway: 9:39pm On Feb 21, 2022
Descottes:
I'm sure you're really hungry.
How much do you need to get something for dinner?

When you're done feeding yourself, come back and ask this question

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is My Life In Danger From This Man???? / Would You Marry A Prostitute? / My Neighbour's DNA Test Went Bad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.