Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,911 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia - Foreign Affairs (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia (42806 Views)

List Of Sanctions On Russia 2022 (LIVE UPDATES) / Talibans Vow To Impose Islamic Law Worldwide / EU, UK Agree On Brexit Deal (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by pansophist(m): 1:19am On Feb 22, 2022
IhateYouMan:

Russia is a small boy. NATO will crush them in days.

Have you eaten?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by God1000(m): 1:22am On Feb 22, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

No one is talking about most powerful..
The sanctions imposed so far? — Of course, it might survive. The sanctions do not try to destroy Russia’s economy. They limit its growth. So, while other economies grow through trade, investment, technology transfer, etc, Russia’s economy will miss on some trade, much of foreign investment, a good deal of technology transfer, and so on. While in the 1960s, Russia (via the USSR) controlled a huge fraction of world industrial production and money flows (40% if I am not mistaken), it now controls around 2% (which is comparable to its population as a fraction of the world's population). This drastic change is largely due to fast economic growth in China and India, as well as to the loss of Russia's influence in Eastern Europe and ex-USSR republics. In the next 10-20 years, Russia won't be able to significantly exceed the 2% mark, and may even lose ground..

That's what sanction does reduce you bit by bit..
friend, I never knew you can debate well on politics and internationa affairs because you always talk about relationships, good one and keep it up

2 Likes

Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by anonymous1759(m): 1:22am On Feb 22, 2022
CoronaVirusPro:

That one trillion dollar is in Putins account.

Russians are suffering and economy is in decline. Go to better forums and meet Russians. Nothing is happening in Russia as we speak. High level corruption with nothing for the populace.

The aWest has already successfully crippled Russias economy. With Nord going down again, it will only get worse. Investment gone down the drain.

People in America are still complaining. No country is perfect as we speak . Especially countries with over a population of 50,000,000 Population and above . The way you guys exaggerate is alarming. If smaller Nations with weaker Economy can survive sanctions I don’t see why Russia can’t.

The ideology of American movies which profess them as winners at all cost has made you guys find it difficult to consider them losers in some issues. You’ll always look for a way to elevate them.

I can see some people praising China’s Economy now but I can remember during China and America trade war they said China will fall just like a piece of card because of America I just laugh .
Where’s China’s Economy today ?
All I’ll say is that before a country will engage they USA or the west in Any battle they must have evaluated their plans it’s not a one week plan . No matter the sanctions meted out they’ll still be a way .

3 Likes

Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by gambojimeta: 1:23am On Feb 22, 2022
neuf:

drop your yandex mail here let's see. Show us picture of the lada car or the yota phone.
Don't show sef, why didn't you buy it again, aren't they still producing them.
Yota phone is bankrupt, and Lada taken over by French Renault grin

2 Likes

Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by neuf(m): 1:23am On Feb 22, 2022
olas24u:

lol!you have plans hen. grin

nope because I use yandexmail, I was on VK back in the day, I've used yandex as my main browser and search engine before.

some sites won't allow you to register using yandexmail

VK is like Google attempt to make a good messenger. Was meant to be a chat service, graduated to integrate SM functions and by the time I discontinued, you can watch adult movies unfiltered and unrestricted on it. Don't know which direction it's going these days.

Yandex browser is a chromium browser but the search engine is very limited

1 Like

Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by chronique(m): 1:25am On Feb 22, 2022
IhateYouMan:

Russia does not supply the whole of Europe.

Not literally the whole but supply a significant amount of the whole of Europe's demand.
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by neuf(m): 1:25am On Feb 22, 2022
anonymous1759:

People in America are still complaining. No country is perfect as we speak . Especially countries with over a population of 50,000,000 Population and above . The way you guys exaggerate is alarming. If smaller Nations with weaker Economy can survive sanctions I don’t see why Russia can’t.

The ideology of American movies which profess them as winners at all cost has made you guys find it difficult to consider them losers in some issues. You’ll always look for a way to elevate them.

I can see some people praising China’s Economy now but I can remember during China and America trade war they said China will fall just like a piece of card because of America I just laugh .
Where’s China’s Economy today ?
One I’ll say is that before a country will engage they USA or the west in Any battle they must have evaluated their plans it’s not a one week plan . No matter the sanctions meted out they’ll still be a way .

who conceded in the trade war? China or the US?
you just laughed ignorantly I guess

1 Like

Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by gambojimeta: 1:26am On Feb 22, 2022
IhateYouMan:

Russia does not supply the whole of Europe.
Even only 35%

And many other countries like the UK rely very little in Russian gas sef. Only 5%.
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by Falseprophet01(m): 1:28am On Feb 22, 2022
If you are seeing this, brace up!
Sanctions are of no consequences to Russia.
Whether you like it or not...
A new world order is here folks.

New alliances across nations...
New dynamics, New realities, New realizations.
Israel is in the hands of God...but I'm sure that by now, those who have born the signs for centuries in the little city of Jerusalem will know that the long awaited seasons of Jacob's troubles has arrived.

The Russia-China alliance renders all sanctions inoperative.
In fact, Russia secretly took a move to push off the dollar as the standard for global currency exchange and instead revert back to gold.

If you think that Putin never calculated his odds before recognizing those separatist regions, then you need to go back to kindergarten.

This is the world in reset mood!!

1 Like

Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by FERNANDEZISBACK: 1:29am On Feb 22, 2022
God1000:
friend, I never knew you can debate well on politics and internationa affairs because you always talk about relationships, good one and keep it up
Thank you Mr God.. wink
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by sweetTai(m): 1:29am On Feb 22, 2022
IhateYouMan:

The US and EU will cripple the Russian economy in no time. Watch this space.

I’m afraid you’re wrong. The sanctions will definitely have an effect but China can ease some of Russia’s pains. That’s why Putin quietly went to China last week.

1 Like

Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by anonymous1759(m): 1:29am On Feb 22, 2022
neuf:

who conceded in the trade war? China or the US?
you just laughed ignorantly I guess

Guess you watched one sided news Balance your information. It’ll Help you a lot .
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by Falseprophet01(m): 1:30am On Feb 22, 2022
gambojimeta:

Even only 35%

And many other countries like the UK rely very little in Russian gas sef. Only 5%.

You dont know what you are saying sir.
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by sweetTai(m): 1:30am On Feb 22, 2022
This thing can easily spiral out of control very quickly. Next you know is Nuclear threats. Me I go buy tickets for me and my family and go back to Africa jeje.
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by Topmaike007(m): 1:30am On Feb 22, 2022
DrGoodman:
I think US, and UK are being biased. Why can't they impose stiffer sanctions on the criminal government at Aso Rock for killing innocent Biafrans and tagging the killings ESN or ugm killings?
gbam so somebody in his rightful Sense will type this
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by lana1878(m): 1:31am On Feb 22, 2022
Putin has got no chil, US and NATO have listened and given Russia the security assurance, with NATO continued aggression with border nations to Russia, it won't have led to this.

Mind you Russia has got the whole of Europe by its balls. They supply 60% of gas to Europe including 80% of Germany supply and 40% to France and other EU countries.

Any cut off of gas will bring Europe to its knees.

IhateYouMan:

Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by anonymous1759(m): 1:32am On Feb 22, 2022
neuf:

invade which weaker nations? Weren't China and Russia signatory to the UN declaration that Iraq occupation of Kuwait was illegal?

Did they sanction you? If you are tired go and lift it na. Oshodo Mayweather

It’s cool when your Rambo nation invade weaker nations All in the name of peace . But when others do it’s a threat to democracy. Rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by gambojimeta: 1:38am On Feb 22, 2022
This event is perhaps the biggest invasion to grab land since Germany's invasion of Sudetenland prior to WW2.
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by madridsta007(m): 1:40am On Feb 22, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
This might have an effect on Russia to be sincere..
To my knowledge there isn't really any precedent since 1945 for a great power annexing another country to both gain land and intimidate another superpower...
Right now there's a spectrum for what what could happen..

On the one end Russia could invade and something could go horrifically wrong and we end up in a Europe wide NATO - Russia war. That would be disastrous to say the least.

In the middle of the spectrum is full sanctions and Russia becomes and economic pariah state. This however looks unlikely as only Britain and the US seem to see eye to eye in arguing for this outcome..
France and Germany seem a little bit less enthusiastic about this approach..
Let's see how it goes..

They hardly have any leverage on Russia.
The major leverage is the Nord Steam 2 pipeline and the gas from Russia that warms most of European homes.
Putin chose a "nice" time to attack. It is winter in Europe and any sanction on Russia's gas will mean frostbite for many Europeans. Hence the likes of Germany and its European allies dependent on Russia's gas will not back any hard sanction.
Putin knows this. And knows that Biden is weak.
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by gambojimeta: 1:42am On Feb 22, 2022
madridsta007:

They hardly have any leverage on Russia.
The major leverage is the Nord Steam 2 pipeline and the gas from Russia that warms most of European homes.
Putin chose a "nice" time to attack. It is winter in Europe and any sanction on Russia's gas will mean frostbite for many Europeans. Hence the likes of Germany and its European allies dependent on Russia's gas will not back any hard sanction.
Putin knows this. And knows that Biden is weak.
Winter is almost over though. Spring in 4 weeks

What would any other president have done though? Drop bombs on Russia?

We all know how Trump wanted to even pull the US out of NATO. America first policies.

If Biden doesn't come hard on Russia with Sanctions just like the UK and EU bloc are planning, then I will agree he is weak.
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by Topmaike007(m): 1:50am On Feb 22, 2022
Nobleou:
I don't even know why some stupid nairalanders are advocating for Putin. If Ukraine is Nigeria would u like him?
let him come and invade oo.. let Us Biafra go in peace this killing of my tribe men by Nigeria armed forces is too Much
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by Cousin9999: 1:54am On Feb 22, 2022
Nice. grin
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by Jackanda1(m): 1:55am On Feb 22, 2022
AlphaWolf27:
Economy VS National Security. LOL.
Do you think Russia gives a rat-ass about sanctions. Watch and see. It didn't work for Pyongyang if you remember.......

True. No wonder north korea's economy is the best in Asia

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by Winters23: 2:00am On Feb 22, 2022
IhateYouMan:

I can only speak for myself. Putin reminds me of Hitler , he is evil and must be stopped.

Go and stop him
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by Bobcygan: 2:06am On Feb 22, 2022
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by gambojimeta: 2:09am On Feb 22, 2022
Bobcygan:

https://www.rt.com/russia/550059-putin-western-sanctions-immunity/

https://www.rt.com/business/447815-russia-natural-resources-sanctions/

https://www.rt.com/business/549958-europe-gas-storages-empty/

https://www.zerohedge.com/energy/limits-green-energy-are-becoming-much-clearer

I hope the nairaland kids will learn from this
RT is Russian and Putin mouthpiece. What do you expect them to say before. It's like TVC reporting on Tinubu or NTA during Abacha era

Asper zero edge reporting on use of gas for power, there are other options.

grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by Jackanda1(m): 2:14am On Feb 22, 2022
gambojimeta:

RT is Russian and Putin mouthpiece. What do you expect them to say before. It's like TVC reporting on Tinubu or NTA during Abacha era

grin grin grin grin grin
Don't mind him. Brainwashed fellow grin

1 Like

Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by Gertyman: 2:18am On Feb 22, 2022
neuf:
The funny thing about this is that on a smaller scale, this is how the same set of people were rigorously insinuating that Huawei will be able to mitigate the sanctions it was placed under because China has over 1 billion people, Huawei will look inside and create it's own OS that Chinese people will buy. China is already on the verge of being world power so everybody will buy Huawei to be in China good grace.

Yet today with the same hypothetical 1 billion market in China, Huawei can't even make Top 4.
The very same people aren't buying the Huawei they claimed they will buy instead jumped ship to another brand

Your comment is so hilarious, but it's a fact. I was expecting to see Harmony OS everywhere. but I couldn't. That same year, people were elevating Huawei, like a king, but they didn't ask Samsung why they abandoned their project of building OS that will rival android and iOS, or has any company been able to compete with Microsoft on corporate organizations software. Kudos to you neuf, one of the best comment here.

2 Likes

Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by pansophist(m): 2:23am On Feb 22, 2022
IhateYouMan:

You overrated their power. Wake up, we do not live in a unipolar world world anymore.

If the west can do anything to Russia, they would have done it when Putin acted as a spoiler during the Syrian war and saved Assad, as well as in Crimea.

2 Likes

Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by Bobcygan: 2:29am On Feb 22, 2022
gambojimeta:

Asper zero edge reporting on use of gas for power, there are other options.

grin grin grin grin grin

But you will believe CNN, NEW YORK TIMES AND BBC. continue to believe those media propaganda.
Fact is what I showed you which you know that those western media will never publish

3 Likes

Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by Bobcygan: 2:33am On Feb 22, 2022
Jackanda1:
Don't mind him. Brainwashed fellow grin

You know I expect you to be civil make your facts know without any insult.

And I believe those information of yours are directly from your head not from western media.
You can't just believe the facts there in.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Joe Biden Appoints Ron Klain As White House Chief Of Staff / Putin’s Hypersonic Missiles Carrying Warship On FIRE (pics, Video) / 9 Killed In Dayton In The 2nd Mass Shooting In The US In 24 Hours.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.