Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,467 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia (42820 Views)

List Of Sanctions On Russia 2022 (LIVE UPDATES) / Talibans Vow To Impose Islamic Law Worldwide / EU, UK Agree On Brexit Deal (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by madridsta007(m): 2:34am On Feb 22, 2022
gambojimeta:

Winter is almost over though. Spring in 4 weeks

What would any other president have done though? Drop bombs on Russia?

We all know how Trump wanted to even pull the US out of NATO. America first policies.

If Biden doesn't come hard on Russia with Sanctions just like the UK and EU bloc are planning, then I will agree he is weak.

I'll come back here to remind you (since you need the reminders) that Biden is a weak, Russian puppet.
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by deept(m): 2:34am On Feb 22, 2022
gambojimeta:

Winter is almost over though. Spring in 4 weeks

What would any other president have done though? Drop bombs on Russia?

We all know how Trump wanted to even pull the US out of NATO. America first policies.

If Biden doesn't come hard on Russia with Sanctions just like the UK and EU bloc are planning, then I will agree he is weak.

EU and UK can only make noise because of the US. Remove US its business as usual for the EU and the UK. They peed their pants when Trump threatened to pull US out of Nato
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by Jackanda1(m): 2:39am On Feb 22, 2022
Bobcygan:

But you will believe CNN, NEW YORK TIMES AND BBC. continue to believe those media propaganda.
Fact is what I showed you which you know that those western media will never publish
Lols. An independent media though not perfect is far more reliable than state controlled

2 Likes

Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by Spandau: 2:41am On Feb 22, 2022
GTkester:

Loolol, don't flatter yourself! US and UK have all tapped out of sanctions. They have wasted all their sanctions on Russia since 2014, and now they do not have any leverage on Russia.

So, welcome to the berth of a new world order!!

You wish
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by Spandau: 2:41am On Feb 22, 2022
Lanretoye:
Putin is a jagaban.

Means nothing.
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by Bizibi(m): 2:57am On Feb 22, 2022
IhateYouMan:

The US and EU will cripple the Russian economy in no time. Watch this space.
it didn't work before and you think it will work again.
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by benebaby77: 2:59am On Feb 22, 2022
IhateYouMan:

They couldn't even cripple Iran's economy, let alone Russia. It's well
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by degistonline: 3:02am On Feb 22, 2022
Good morning my brothers in the house. Please I know I am not supposed to be saying this on my this platform, because it might not be welcomed by the Admin. But please, I am saying all this here because I understand the fact that the country is hard and I can not steal. Please my brothers, I am a full time website developer, I register business names too, I even know how to drive car also, but challenge now is, I have not done my driver's license yet due to lack of money. Currently I am doing security job where they are paying me 20k per month. Please my brothers.. I need your help. Any amount you can raise for to get my driver's license and start up driving work that will fetch me money. In Lagos state, driver's license is said to be 35k, but I don't have the money and the nature of the work I doing now is really killing my skills. Please help me. My phone number is 08179471011. Thank you and God bless you all.
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by gambojimeta: 3:08am On Feb 22, 2022
Bobcygan:

But you will believe CNN, NEW YORK TIMES AND BBC. continue to believe those media propaganda.
Fact is what I showed you which you know that those western media will never publish
BBC is funded by a conservative government.
I don't think you are even aware of that grin

I read my news from central leaning media houses. I don't care about FOX, CNN, NYT and all their bias. e.t.c. but here you are promoting Putin's mouthpiece which is 100 percent bias.

2 Likes

Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by gambojimeta: 3:11am On Feb 22, 2022
madridsta007:

I'll come back here to remind you (since you need the reminders) that Biden is a weak, Russian puppet.
Good. Please do sir
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by subcbouy: 3:11am On Feb 22, 2022
BloomingDale:

Are you an American or European? I can’t believe there are non citizens still supporting America and the EU.
Africa will soon join in the ban.� grin
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by gambojimeta: 3:12am On Feb 22, 2022
deept:

EU and UK can only make noise because of the US. Remove US its business as usual for the EU and the UK. They peed their pants when Trump threatened to pull US out of Nato
Who cares whether they shit in their pants . There wahala grin

My point is that a US president trying to pull out the US from NATO is same as making way for Putin, or in simple terms, licking Putin's ass grin
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by Quelme: 3:16am On Feb 22, 2022
kponkedenge:
In a layman's terms, lemme explain what Russia is trying to do by granting independence to two Ukraine territories.

It's just like Buhari granting two local governments in Niger Republic independence from Niger because they have a higher Hausa population than indigenous Niger Republic.

It's a violation of international law. You can't give independence to a country that isn't within your power.
but it is okay for the US and EU to give independence to Kosovo abi? Make una dey deceive una selves.

5 Likes

Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by Nobody: 3:20am On Feb 22, 2022
Binhamid:

Do you mean aids shielded with a lot of financial blackmails and undertones. The west gives nothing for free and trust me they collect back in 10 folds.

Why should anyone give you anything for free. Being world power is not synonymous with philanthropy to parasitic States and actors.
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by Nobody: 3:28am On Feb 22, 2022
neuf:

then I can categorically state that your need for a multipolar whatever is out if hatred for America and I wouldn't be far from the truth.

That others did something bad doesn't mean such should be repeated in the future. See why I said Africans love to suffer and smile.

Like the say with great power come great responsibility so if they aren't ready to be responsible why should the accorded the power that comes with that??

I do not love or hate America personally, cos I do not know what is there to love or hate. When you say the others did something bad, what do you really mean? Do you understand that no country becomes world power without warring and so far only the Chinese have come this far with intelligence instead of war since the creation of humanity?

But then there will never be Earth with a single world power after USA, it will be multipolar cos humanity has evolved beyond the era of a monopolar leadership.\\
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by Minjim: 3:33am On Feb 22, 2022
If anyone has any doubts about the similarities b/w Hitler and Putin (aside from patience and a nuclear arsenal), let those be put to rest. This is an existential crisis for all of us. Annexation and appeasement does not end well

3 Likes

Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by Spandau: 3:37am On Feb 22, 2022
seunmsg:
Sanctions alone are not enough to deter Putin. European and US leaders must put a military response on the table if they really intend to stop putting. Confiscating the assets of few Russian Oligarchs won’t put any serious fear into Putin or scare him enough to withdraw his 200k troops from Donetsk and Luhansk.

Lance Bombardier Kadoso Mutairu! Too much military strategy grin
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by KillaBeans(m): 3:37am On Feb 22, 2022
Nairalanders, please I'm in need of a hotel job here in Akure. Abeg
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by Minjim: 3:38am On Feb 22, 2022
GTkester:

Loolol, don't flatter yourself! US and UK have all tapped out of sanctions. They have wasted all their sanctions on Russia since 2014, and now they do not have any leverage on Russia.

Russia is about to be another NK. If you think Russians will stand by and watch power drunk Putin destroy their country, then you know little about power and popularity.

2 Likes

Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by Minjim: 3:43am On Feb 22, 2022
AstraDroid:

I do not love or hate America personally, cos I do not know what is there to love or hate. When you say the others did something bad, what do you really mean? Do you understand that no country becomes world power without warring and so far only the Chinese have come this far with intelligence instead of war since the creation of humanity?

But then there will never be Earth with a single world power after USA, it will be multipolar cos humanity has evolved beyond the era of a monopolar leadership.\\

Do you know China's history at all?

China has fought Japan, Invasion Of Manchukuo in 1945. ...
Invasion Of South and North Korea in 1950. ...
Invasion Of India In 1962. ...
Invasion Of The Soviet Union In 1969. ...
Invasion Of Vietnam In 1979.

And don't assume this is everything. I just gave you half
https://www.philstar.com/opinion/2019/05/02/1914194/history-chinese-invasions
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by Pharmboy24: 3:43am On Feb 22, 2022
IhateYouMan:

Lol there stupid sanctions have a very little effect on the Russians, which in No time the Russians will adapt, they either bow to Putins Request or go on a full fledged war

3 Likes

Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by Minjim: 3:47am On Feb 22, 2022
Pharmboy24:

Lol there stupid sanctions have a very little effect on the Russians, which in No time the Russians will adapt, they either bow to Putins Request or go on a full fledged war

The US, EU and UK have never unanimously placed sanctions on Russia symotaneously.

This will overwhelm Russians
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by akynkunmy(m): 3:48am On Feb 22, 2022
You think the haven't put all this into consideration b4 taking actions....lol
GreyLaw:
Hehehe... Putin is about to smell it. Next thing will be to target the man's personal investments and those of his cronies.
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by Mykel51(m): 3:53am On Feb 22, 2022
foleskay:

Wait till russia enters ukrain now or maybe burn it. Forget it the west will hit russia in an unprecedented manner. They re still playing waiting game. Russia knows watsapp..that's why its beating around d bush. Russia dares not invade Ukraine mark my word.

They have invaded already...
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by blackpanda: 4:04am On Feb 22, 2022
[s]
DrGoodman:
I think US, and UK are being biased. Why can't they impose stiffer sanctions on the criminal government at Aso Rock for killing innocent Biafrans and tagging the killings ESN or ugm killings?
[/s]

Be serious pls
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by Nobody: 4:05am On Feb 22, 2022
Minjim:

Do you know China's history at all?

China has fought Japan, Invasion Of Manchukuo in 1945. ...
Invasion Of South and North Korea in 1950. ...
Invasion Of India In 1962. ...
Invasion Of The Soviet Union In 1969. ...
Invasion Of Vietnam In 1979.

And don't assume this is everything. I just gave you half
https://www.philstar.com/opinion/2019/05/02/1914194/history-chinese-invasions

Totally unrelated to fighting a world power with intention to replacing it. You are out of context.
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by malakaimoscondo: 4:05am On Feb 22, 2022
DrGoodman:
I think US, and UK are being biased. Why can't they impose stiffer sanctions on the criminal government at Aso Rock for killing innocent Biafrans and tagging the killings ESN or ugm killings?
this one go just post eye sore..we are talking of human s being u mentioned ipob...is ur head correct
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by DemMannaScam: 4:10am On Feb 22, 2022
Pls educated that slowpoke

The ignoramus is one of the victims of western fake news media

GTkester:

Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by BadEnglish(m): 4:11am On Feb 22, 2022
IhateYouMan:

Abeg forget, China's got Russia's back. The only winner in this case is China.
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by DemMannaScam: 4:13am On Feb 22, 2022
Continue fooling yourself cheesy

Boss Vlad took crimea in 2014, nothing happened.
Nothing will happen now too.

Power has moved to the east, and the western hawks know this...

GreyLaw:
Hehehe... Putin is about to smell it. Next thing will be to target the man's personal investments and those of his cronies.
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by nijanigga: 4:14am On Feb 22, 2022
olas24u:

even the European union is about markets ,its a huge population and good for trade with open borders with mutual benefits. Iran gained advancement in technology and medical sciences because of sanctions. There university are top with empirical evidence to show for it .|They have their own refineries ,they have their own engineers, they have their own vessels. No single input from any outsiders expect iranians themselves.
Go and tell ordinary Iranians who taking the brunt of inflation ,falling currency and hardship due to economic sanctions
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by Tingotoe: 4:16am On Feb 22, 2022
DrGoodman:
It's because you so called biafrans are irrelevant

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

Joe Biden Appoints Ron Klain As White House Chief Of Staff / Putin’s Hypersonic Missiles Carrying Warship On FIRE (pics, Video) / 9 Killed In Dayton In The 2nd Mass Shooting In The US In 24 Hours.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.