Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,985 members, 7,825,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Catholic Igbo Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Catholic Igbo Marriage (848 Views)

Dwarf Couple Wed In Ebonyi At Catholic Church (Photos) / SHOCKER!!! Catholic Priest Wants To Impregnate Me Secretly (see Pictures) / Almost Raped By A Catholic Priest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catholic Igbo Marriage by alexs1992: 11:11pm On Jun 26, 2011
Hi, was just wondering if anyone could give me some advise. My Catholic Igbo boyfriend and I have been recently talking about the future and marriage (although it's still a long time away as we're only 18) and I was curious about the traditional Igbo marriages. However, I am a white, English Athiest and we're a bit concerned about telling his father about us (He's being educated in England at the moment) and I wondered how this would effect the marriage. Please help smiley
Re: Catholic Igbo Marriage by MMM2(m): 11:34pm On Jun 26, 2011
op
i will advice d both of u 2 concentrate with ur books and take ur studies serious,

so u will not ruin ur career with pregnancy or disease.
Re: Catholic Igbo Marriage by alexs1992: 11:47pm On Jun 26, 2011
We're not thinking about it seriously, it was just a wonder so I'm not ignorant to what might happen in the future. Yes, we are taking our studies very seriously, and we are being sensible, thankyou anyway.
Re: Catholic Igbo Marriage by HighChief4(m): 11:58pm On Jun 26, 2011
@OP Relax your mind, when you get to the bridge you will cross it
Re: Catholic Igbo Marriage by timilehing(m): 12:02am On Jun 27, 2011
Maube u should concentrate on sumtin else. Can't imagine a teenager thinking of marriage at 18?
Re: Catholic Igbo Marriage by fk5(f): 1:39am On Jun 27, 2011
18 yrs, hmm.
Re: Catholic Igbo Marriage by MrsChima(f): 7:00am On Jun 27, 2011
Children! undecided undecided undecided
Re: Catholic Igbo Marriage by Mynd44: 7:59am On Jun 27, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Children! undecided undecided undecided

They are not children, they are PIKINS
Re: Catholic Igbo Marriage by MrsChima(f): 5:46pm On Jun 27, 2011
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided Bite my ENTIRE arse.
Re: Catholic Igbo Marriage by alexs1992: 7:25pm On Jun 27, 2011
Okayyyy, thankyou but we are NOT getting married, I simply wanted to learn about his culture and how I MIGHT be involved in the future, just wanted to learn more. I'm not a little girl, I'm moving out to go to university in a few months.
Re: Catholic Igbo Marriage by nwabuking5(m): 7:39pm On Jun 27, 2011
there is children church where the wed childrens uder 18 go there and ask them. u will soon get bele
Re: Catholic Igbo Marriage by orbaxy(m): 8:02pm On Jun 27, 2011
lmao, ain't nobody gonna tell her what she wants to hear?
Re: Catholic Igbo Marriage by MrsChima(f): 2:40am On Jun 28, 2011
There is not much to say about the Atheist and Catholic union. I wouldn't expect a person of a religious stature marry someone who is Atheist is that like a recovering crackhead marrying a dope dealer? undecided undecided
Re: Catholic Igbo Marriage by alexs1992: 9:49am On Jun 28, 2011
@orbaxy: Thankyou!! lol :')

And marriage is about love!

Mrs.Chima:

is that like a recovering crackhead marrying a drugs dealer? undecided undecided

No it is nothing like that!
Re: Catholic Igbo Marriage by kpolli(m): 3:11pm On Jun 28, 2011
this is called putting the cart b4 the horse
Re: Catholic Igbo Marriage by orbaxy(m): 7:40pm On Jun 28, 2011
c'mon guys allow her to indulge. its no crime. haba!

Although there's nothing like catholic Igbo marriage, traditional igbo marriage is fun. It differs depending on the locality and how religious or "traditional" the brides family is. Some go way too traditional with lots of rituals, masqurade dances, traditional rites and stuffs like that. Basically, the highlight is the "passing of the "ngwo" " That is, the bride carries a keg of palm wine "the best alcoholic booze nature can provide  grin" to the groom, kneels down and hand him the keg. The groom drinks the palmwine and dances with the bride. lots of things follow which am not disposed to write here.  Anyway, some keep it simple others indulge till the latter.

Hope i've fed your curiosity. Know back to your books!  angry  kiss
Re: Catholic Igbo Marriage by MrsChima(f): 7:52pm On Jun 28, 2011
alexs1992:

@orbaxy: Thankyou!! lol :')

And marriage is about love!

No it is nothing like that!

My point is that I will not be in a relationship with someone that is not equally yoked to me let alone married someone that is not equally yoked to me.

Good luck in the future.
Re: Catholic Igbo Marriage by alexs1992: 9:51pm On Jun 28, 2011
Thankyou very much Orbaxy! That was helpful cheesy And yes I will don't worry smiley

(1) (Reply)

To Cohabit Or Not? / Love& Culture / Can You Say It, Ladies?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.