Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,039 members, 7,859,730 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 05:36 PM

Buhari: Leaders Who Swear By The Holy Book Must Not Abuse Public Office - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: Leaders Who Swear By The Holy Book Must Not Abuse Public Office (7076 Views)

4 Safety Steps For Public Office Holders When Invited Abroad - Shehu Sani / Onnoghen Reacts To CCT Judgement Banning Him From Public Office / Onnoghen Convicted, Banned From Holding Public Office For 10 Years. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: Leaders Who Swear By The Holy Book Must Not Abuse Public Office by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 4:54pm On Feb 24, 2022
PRESIDENT BUHARI: LEADERS WHO SWEAR BY THE HOLY BOOK MUST NOT ABUSE PUBLIC OFFICE

President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday in Lafia said leaders who take the oath of office, swearing with the Holy Book, must be careful not to abuse the trust of leadership placed on them by the people and God.

Speaking at a courtesy visit to the palace of Emir of Lafia, retired Justice Sidi Bage Muhammad 1 , the President reaffirmed that he has no intention whatsoever to stay beyond the constitutionally recognised two terms of office as leader of Nigeria.

''The traditional ruler is on a terminal appointment. Constitutionally, we (elected public office holders) are not. I cannot go beyond two terms and I have sworn by the Holy Quran that I will uphold the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

''Politics apart, whenever we are made to swear by the Holy Quran, we have to be very careful. We must make sure that we do not abuse the trust God has given us as leaders.

''I have seen former Governors here and I am looking forward to also becoming a former President,'' he said.

President Buhari thanked the people of Nasarawa State for a rousing welcome, expressing delight that the North-Central State was wearing a new look since his last visit in 2019.

He congratulated the immediate past Governor and Senator representing Nasarawa South Senatorial District, Umaru Tanko Al-Makura and the incumbent, Governor Abdullahi Sule for the laudable initiatives and accomplishments in the State.

Welcoming the President to the over 200-year old palace, the Emir of Lafia thanked him for ending the problem of insufficient power to Nasarawa State with the provision of 330kVA sub-station.

The Emir, who is also the Chairman, Nasarawa State Council of Chiefs, told the President that the provision of the electricity plant ''has taken out 80 percent of our problem.''

''Our people have never had it so good. Our people are back to their normal life as entrepreneurs, '' he said, adding that the Federal Government projects that were ''standing as ghosts'' in the state in the past have now become a reality.

The retired jurist listed the newly inaugurated CBN Building in Lafia, the Federal Secretariat, UBEC Smart School and completed Ecological projects, just to mention but a few.

On arrival in the capital for his 2-day State Visit to Nasarawa, President Buhari inaugurated the Lafia Airport, Vocational and Skills Acquisition Centre, Modern Bus Terminal and the Shinge-Barkini Abdullahi-Kilema road, executed by the State Government.

He also inaugurated CBN Lafia Branch building and a 330kva Akurba Transmission Substation executed by the Federal Government through the Niger Delta Power Holding Company (NDPHC) to boost power supply in the state and its environs.

Femi Adesina
Special Adviser to the President
(Media & Publicity)
February 24, 2022

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1525296144520150&id=100011193364134&sfnsn=scwspwa

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Leaders Who Swear By The Holy Book Must Not Abuse Public Office by Nobody: 5:00pm On Feb 24, 2022
FTC for the first time ...How I wish our leaders can swear with OGUN OBATALA ESU etc and let's see if they will fck up

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Leaders Who Swear By The Holy Book Must Not Abuse Public Office by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 5:02pm On Feb 24, 2022
[s]
tolakush92:
FTC for the first time ...How I wish our leaders can swear with OGUN OBATALA ESU etc and let's see if they will fck up
[/s]
Re: Buhari: Leaders Who Swear By The Holy Book Must Not Abuse Public Office by cosmatika(m): 5:02pm On Feb 24, 2022
Mugu, which one did u swear with? Cow?

32 Likes

Re: Buhari: Leaders Who Swear By The Holy Book Must Not Abuse Public Office by janedonez(m): 5:03pm On Feb 24, 2022
Bad
Re: Buhari: Leaders Who Swear By The Holy Book Must Not Abuse Public Office by Realestatevixen: 5:03pm On Feb 24, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Buhari: Leaders Who Swear By The Holy Book Must Not Abuse Public Office by Tallesty1(m): 5:03pm On Feb 24, 2022
Says the man that has abused everything abusable

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Leaders Who Swear By The Holy Book Must Not Abuse Public Office by rifasojvosoqi1: 5:03pm On Feb 24, 2022
Yesoooh

[url=htt://build.hstn.me]
Re: Buhari: Leaders Who Swear By The Holy Book Must Not Abuse Public Office by LegendHero(m): 5:03pm On Feb 24, 2022
I still don’t get the reason why politicians swear by the Bible and Quran because there is no repercussion if they go against what they proclaim during the oath swearing ceremony.

They should start swearing by Sango olukoso, Amadioha, Ogun Lakaaye and etc and you will see how they will be dealt with mercilessly if they go against their path.

But I trust Naija politicians, they will still pay the traditionalist to do fake Sango swearing for them.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Leaders Who Swear By The Holy Book Must Not Abuse Public Office by IKBARUTEN11(m): 5:03pm On Feb 24, 2022
I prefer leaders of Nigeria to swear to Ogun, Amadioha or Agbara.

Our leaders have no reverence again for the holy books but they still got fears for the deities. They should swear to these deities and we will see them dare not go contrary
Re: Buhari: Leaders Who Swear By The Holy Book Must Not Abuse Public Office by SmartPolician: 5:03pm On Feb 24, 2022
God is a God of mercy - thanks to Jesus Christ

Rochas once suggested that they should swear with Amadioha. That's probably what greedy politicians need to stop siphoning public funds.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Leaders Who Swear By The Holy Book Must Not Abuse Public Office by pretydiva(f): 5:03pm On Feb 24, 2022
See who's talking. Pot calling kettle black

6 Likes

Re: Buhari: Leaders Who Swear By The Holy Book Must Not Abuse Public Office by TheABOMINATION: 5:03pm On Feb 24, 2022
Holy book? What made the book holy. To the leaders that swear by the so called Holy book, the book is no different from other books.

I think it will be more effective if the leaders swear in the Name of their God or if they place a curse on themselves saying what will happen if they abuse office.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Leaders Who Swear By The Holy Book Must Not Abuse Public Office by nairalee(m): 5:03pm On Feb 24, 2022
Noone fears that one naaa.

If u even say swear wit Ayelala or some other stark juju them fit even fear
Re: Buhari: Leaders Who Swear By The Holy Book Must Not Abuse Public Office by salbis(m): 5:03pm On Feb 24, 2022
I no read dis oo, but dis man hypocrisy stinks to heaven. Na juju you take swear with?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: Leaders Who Swear By The Holy Book Must Not Abuse Public Office by Nobody: 5:04pm On Feb 24, 2022
[s][/s]
LordviccoDaGuru:
[/s]
[s]
Re: Buhari: Leaders Who Swear By The Holy Book Must Not Abuse Public Office by Pymetrics: 5:04pm On Feb 24, 2022
I buy clean and legit Paypal fund at 540 NGN per $. Just contact me through signature.
Re: Buhari: Leaders Who Swear By The Holy Book Must Not Abuse Public Office by ILEMUDA(m): 5:04pm On Feb 24, 2022
His always high on sour weed all the time
Re: Buhari: Leaders Who Swear By The Holy Book Must Not Abuse Public Office by Daniel058(m): 5:04pm On Feb 24, 2022
grin is that not the same Koran that terrorists use to pray . Osama bin laden , BOKO HARAM , ISWAP etc CHAI grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: Leaders Who Swear By The Holy Book Must Not Abuse Public Office by Mooh247: 5:04pm On Feb 24, 2022
Every African Village has its unique god and diety, let Politicians swear with their village diety, gods, godess and ancestors
Re: Buhari: Leaders Who Swear By The Holy Book Must Not Abuse Public Office by DropsMic(m): 5:04pm On Feb 24, 2022
Holy Book wey even religious leaders no send
Re: Buhari: Leaders Who Swear By The Holy Book Must Not Abuse Public Office by freshkpomo(m): 5:04pm On Feb 24, 2022
Buhari,when we Edo people go stop dey trek like our western brothers na?
Re: Buhari: Leaders Who Swear By The Holy Book Must Not Abuse Public Office by lexy2014: 5:04pm On Feb 24, 2022
LordviccoDaGuru:
[s][/s]

Why did u cancel the comment? Are u scared that if buhari swears with Ogun, he won't survive it?

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Leaders Who Swear By The Holy Book Must Not Abuse Public Office by bayelsaowei(m): 5:04pm On Feb 24, 2022
Nonsense
Re: Buhari: Leaders Who Swear By The Holy Book Must Not Abuse Public Office by itkbooks: 5:04pm On Feb 24, 2022
Clown, just the way you didn't abuse office àbí? Àbí you no swear by your holy book too? cheesy
Re: Buhari: Leaders Who Swear By The Holy Book Must Not Abuse Public Office by Racoon(m): 5:05pm On Feb 24, 2022
See the hypocrite talking. Just like saying former coup plotters should condemn coup unfolding across the West African subregion @ present.
Re: Buhari: Leaders Who Swear By The Holy Book Must Not Abuse Public Office by GemUnique(m): 5:05pm On Feb 24, 2022
Buhari really said this grin grin
This is purely hypocri$y

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: Leaders Who Swear By The Holy Book Must Not Abuse Public Office by Abosede512(f): 5:06pm On Feb 24, 2022
They even wear aso ebi, rubbish talk
Re: Buhari: Leaders Who Swear By The Holy Book Must Not Abuse Public Office by countryman13: 5:07pm On Feb 24, 2022
Re: Buhari: Leaders Who Swear By The Holy Book Must Not Abuse Public Office by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 5:07pm On Feb 24, 2022
[s]
lexy2014:

Why did u cancel the comment? Are u scared that if buhari swears with Ogun, he won't survive it?
[/s]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Has Come To Stay In South South, Says Akpabio / Lagos Nairalanders, How's The Heavy Rain At Your End This Morning? / How Ikpeazu Will Win Abia 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.