Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,818 members, 7,824,405 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Why Exactly Is Allison Madueke Being Haunted? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Exactly Is Allison Madueke Being Haunted? (4944 Views)

Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke / Dieziani Allison-Madueke Visits Abdulsalami Abubakar In Minna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Exactly Is Allison Madueke Being Haunted? by YoursGEJ(m): 3:49am On Jun 28, 2011
This is becoming dirtier by the day. Why do these multinational oil companies not want this lady to come back to the petroleum ministry? Digging up every single piece of information just to nail her. Wrongly, she skipped the NYSC scheme but there are many other nigerians who have done same especially after studying abroad. How many have been prosecuted? What should matter most is what she is presently doing for the country with all the reforms going on in the oil sector. Oil companies are some of the most dangerous corporations you might ever face in any part of the world. I recently read Senator Adeyemi talking about companies who don't want some ex-ministers to return by offering them millions in bribes through lobbyists. My question is what do they intend to gain by seeing that Deziani does not return. It definitely is not in the interest of Nigeria if these guys win. Once again, she was wrong skipping the NYSC (which has neither been confirmed nor refuted) but will we allow theses companies capitalize on this mistake to continue milking Nigeria? Please, let's be objective.
Re: Why Exactly Is Allison Madueke Being Haunted? by Seun(m): 1:47pm On Jun 28, 2011
Apparently, it's because she's trying to enforce the 'local content policy'.
Re: Why Exactly Is Allison Madueke Being Haunted? by Bensonite: 2:07pm On Jun 28, 2011
From the previous appointment, the NYSC issue came up but she does have an exemption letter so that would not be a problem. I think generally she is doing a good job and people(the cabal both local and foreign) are just trying to fight her. Never mind she will scale through though.
Re: Why Exactly Is Allison Madueke Being Haunted? by YoursGEJ(m): 4:16pm On Jun 28, 2011
Bensonite:

From the previous appointment, the NYSC issue came up but she does have an exemption letter so that would not be a problem. I think generally she is doing a good job and people(the cabal both local and foreign) are just trying to fight her. Never mind she will scale through though.

Hopefully, some other legislators don't fall prey to those bribes and sabotage her during her screening.
Re: Why Exactly Is Allison Madueke Being Haunted? by hercules07: 6:28pm On Jun 28, 2011
Why should see have an exemption letter, she was 27 when she finished, so should have served, a father's friend that headed a parastatal had to serve with his son when the thing became public.
Re: Why Exactly Is Allison Madueke Being Haunted? by nastydamus(m): 8:15pm On Jun 28, 2011
So when your employers (Nigerians) ask a little about your background, it becomes 'haunting'? Abeg, make we hear word. If she has any exemption letter/certificate, she should bring it out and clear herself.
Re: Why Exactly Is Allison Madueke Being Haunted? by whiteroses(f): 10:56pm On Jun 28, 2011
who the eck is allison and how do you milk her?
Re: Why Exactly Is Allison Madueke Being Haunted? by YoursGEJ(m): 11:11pm On Jun 28, 2011
whiteroses:

who the eck is allison and how do you milk her?

By squeezing her jugs just like I'll squeeze yours when I b.a.ng you.
Re: Why Exactly Is Allison Madueke Being Haunted? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jun 28, 2011
Next Newspaper collected 10 million from one oil coy for the defamation. I was told by one source familiar with the transaction. All the stories about her emanated from Next newspaper. I wonder why such newspaper should descend so low.
Re: Why Exactly Is Allison Madueke Being Haunted? by ektbear: 11:57pm On Jun 28, 2011
Hehe

Re: Why Exactly Is Allison Madueke Being Haunted? by DisGuy: 12:29am On Jun 29, 2011
petaling:

Next Newspaper collected 10 million from one oil coy for the defamation. I was told by one source familiar with the transaction. All the stories about her emanated from Next newspaper. I wonder why such newspaper should descend so low.

sounds like you've been reading naija newspapers too much!

Nigeria is a very funny place, you ask for investigative journalism, you get it then blame it on tribalism, cabalism, yada yada yaaa
when journalist interview naija politics we shout disrespect, CIA,FBI insider, racism
Some of these politicians will commit suicide if the British journalist ever get their time

who is haunting Jonathan
who is haunting Ibori

funny enough if this case was about some mallam or someone from another region it will be business as usual
Re: Why Exactly Is Allison Madueke Being Haunted? by hollandis(f): 2:15am On Jun 29, 2011
Under the law,she has goofed.Except jonathan is not sincere ,she can't serve in his cabinet
Re: Why Exactly Is Allison Madueke Being Haunted? by Nobody: 2:31am On Jun 29, 2011
what nonsense

she failed as minister of works or was it transport
failed as petroleum minister (not to mention the scandals that in a civilized nation would have prompted an investigation)

fresh air indeed

recycling of people who have done nothing

y'all sound like bankole, and his persecution bs
Re: Why Exactly Is Allison Madueke Being Haunted? by igboboy2: 2:52am On Jun 29, 2011
Duh cos she has an igbo last name
Re: Why Exactly Is Allison Madueke Being Haunted? by akinjosh(m): 2:58am On Jun 29, 2011
Personally, I see her as a better person than most of the minister-designates from the south-west. I pray she survives this and pave way for a lotta Nigerians in the oil sector. Though she may be corrupt, buh she is better off when compared to some dummy-ministers-to-be.
Talking about Next newspapers, what is said about them could be true because the coy is owing its staff salary for may,
Re: Why Exactly Is Allison Madueke Being Haunted? by Musiwa42: 2:59am On Jun 29, 2011
if she skip the nysc, nigeria law state she can not be a minister. i dont know if she skip.
Re: Why Exactly Is Allison Madueke Being Haunted? by ak47mann(m): 3:09am On Jun 29, 2011
;d
Re: Why Exactly Is Allison Madueke Being Haunted? by Osama10(m): 4:17am On Jun 29, 2011
I weep for this country.

If she has performed very well during her last tenure in office, she should continue and not bringing up one useless scheme(NYSC).
Re: Why Exactly Is Allison Madueke Being Haunted? by Roland17(m): 5:45am On Jun 29, 2011
Why are we suddenly feeling like she is maltreated or haunted? if she was not exempted from that obsolete scheme, by law she should not hold any public position, that is if she was not truly exempted. if truly there is rule of law, there should be no sacred cows, and for the records she is not a high performing minister, has every one forgotten the famous tears she cried along the Ore-Benin Road because of the state of the road when she was appointed minster of transportation, but the road never got any attention during her tenure.

As for me, the only super ministers that Nigeria need are Ngozi okonjo Iweala and Oby Ezekwesili.
Re: Why Exactly Is Allison Madueke Being Haunted? by adconline(m): 5:48am On Jun 29, 2011
Yes, one of my friends got a contract from one of the oil companies because of this law. Guess what? A foreign owned company doing biz in Naija is trying to blackmail him in order to be rewarded the contract
Re: Why Exactly Is Allison Madueke Being Haunted? by owobokiri(m): 6:14am On Jun 29, 2011
"Apparently, it's because she's trying to enforce the 'local content policy"

I thought as much. Over the last few days i have been asking the same question; why is the woman being attacked so relentlessly? . If the foreign companies are behind this campaign of calumny, then we have to be sorry for our local press who seem to be tagging along to rubish the lady. The quantity of media attacks directed at her person over the last few weeks has been overwhelminly astounding. You dont need a sooth-sayer to tell you that there is more to this. The disheartening part of this is that Jonathan in his perennial confused state may buy into this rumours and actually drop her . The oil sector in Nigeria SERIOUSLY needs the strict enforcement of the local content policy. Nigeria can not be having over 50% unemployment rate while the main stay of her economy is dominated by half baked foreign workers.
Re: Why Exactly Is Allison Madueke Being Haunted? by shadows4(m): 6:20am On Jun 29, 2011
All u hater's would surely be put to shame, cos i know she'll scale thru. Abi where were u guys when OBJ was the petroleum minister, or u people would rather d GEJ bring papa Rilwanu Lukman back? U guys just stand a woman occupying such office. Give me a break, cry
Re: Why Exactly Is Allison Madueke Being Haunted? by hercules07: 6:53am On Jun 29, 2011
What is all this nonsense about local content policy, if she is not appointed, get someone else to finish off the job, abi GEJ is against the local content policy? All the president needs to do is to instruct whoever is appointed to finish up the local content policy stuff with 30 days or get sacked shikena. We need to build institutions not strong people (na obama talk am).
Re: Why Exactly Is Allison Madueke Being Haunted? by pereze: 7:20am On Jun 29, 2011
Everyone knows it is the petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) that she is supporting. These lawmakers stink big time!
Re: Why Exactly Is Allison Madueke Being Haunted? by agitator: 8:08am On Jun 29, 2011
How did she scale through the previous screenings? undecided
Re: Why Exactly Is Allison Madueke Being Haunted? by dustydee: 8:50am On Jun 29, 2011
Dis Guy:

sounds like you've been reading naija newspapers too much!

Nigeria is a very funny place, you ask for investigative journalism, you get it then blame it on tribalism, cabalism, yada yada yaaa
when journalist interview naija politics we shout disrespect, CIA,FBI insider, racism
Some of these politicians will commit suicide if the British journalist ever get their time

who is haunting Jonathan
who is haunting Ibori

funny enough if this case was about some mallam or someone from another region it will be business as usual
Right on point. some people are Hippocrates. If she did not serve then she did not. If it emerges tomorrow that she forged her certificates some people will say it's because she is tryin to enforce local content and since she is doing well the forged certificates should be overlooked afterall why should she waste her time on one useless school.
Re: Why Exactly Is Allison Madueke Being Haunted? by mbulela: 9:04am On Jun 29, 2011
petaling:

I wonder how you can stoop so low to spread such unverified rumours and malicious lies.
name the source and provide the evidence.
If Olojede was collecting millions from interested parties NEXT would not be the dying entity that it is financially.
I have nothing against the woman but there is nothing spectacular sheis doing.
there are lots of vested interests in the oil industry and considering the amount of money at stake,i am surprised that assasinations are not a norm in the top echelon of that industry.
Nobody is fighting her good works (their is nothing spectacular she is doing),they are simply fighting to protect her interest the way she is protecting hers.
Re: Why Exactly Is Allison Madueke Being Haunted? by mbulela: 9:11am On Jun 29, 2011
hollandis:

Under the law,she has goofed.Except jonathan is not sincere ,she can't serve in his cabinet
ya kidding right?
GEJ would rather resign than not appoint that woman.
All this petitions are in vain.
how do you think the election campaign was funded?
why do you think Femi Otedola hangs around GEJ like a fly?
that woman is the most powerful minister in GEJ cabinet and unless a car runs over her tomorrow (God forbid),she will retain her portfolio not just return as a minister.
Re: Why Exactly Is Allison Madueke Being Haunted? by Akainzo(m): 9:22am On Jun 29, 2011
Seun:

The 'local content policy has been pushed for a long while by NNPC much before she came into power. Since the passing of the local content bill, the oil industry has responded and more Nigerians are getting contracts awarded to them. Note that its been almost 10 years now that a Nigerian company, Addax petroleum, got awarded that billion dollar contract, and she was not Minister then.
It is so easy to hide under the refuge of 'I am being persecuted.'  The question I ask however is: Are you guilty or did you put yourself in such position due to your corruption? Once the answer is YES, then you need to be removed from public office.

petaling:

You wonder why they should descend so low to publish the sordid details or you wonder why they should go that low to investigate the sordid details. I would wonder that if they really needed money and had all those facts, Allison would gladly pay higher than 10M to kill the story - don't you think so?  embarassed
Re: Why Exactly Is Allison Madueke Being Haunted? by Bensonite: 9:55am On Jun 29, 2011
Akainzo:

The 'local content policy has been pushed for a long while by NNPC much before she came into power. Since the passing of the local content bill, the oil industry has responded and more Nigerians are getting contracts awarded to them. Note that its been almost 10 years now that a Nigerian company, Addax petroleum, got awarded that billion dollar contract, and she was not Minister then.
It is so easy to hide under the refuge of 'I am being persecuted.' The question I ask however is: Are you guilty or did you put yourself in such position due to your corruption? Once the answer is YES, then you need to be removed from public office.

You wonder why they should descend so low to publish the sordid details or you wonder why they should go that low to investigate the sordid details. I would wonder that if they really needed money and had all those facts, Allison would gladly pay higher than 10M to kill the story - don't you think so? embarassed

Point of correction, Addax Petroleum is not and have never been a Nigerian company.
So you mean Mrs Madueke will be glad to be paying any media house to kill a story-be serious man. The truth is IOC do not want to see the PIB passed. Local content resently passed is already causing panic and fear in the oil/gas industry.
Re: Why Exactly Is Allison Madueke Being Haunted? by favouredjb(f): 10:20am On Jun 29, 2011
WhaT THIS FOREIGNERs will cause in naija is beyond me

i wouldnt have said this is witch hunting or a deliberate attempt to slander the woman's reputation,if

senator smart adeyemi had not come out to say they the senators were bin offered bribe by some lobbyists so as

not to get some returning ministers screened by the senate,its sooo obvious.
Re: Why Exactly Is Allison Madueke Being Haunted? by emmaco24(m): 10:47am On Jun 29, 2011
Commentary: Ten Questions Senators Should Ask Deziani Allison-Madueke

Recently, the media has championed calls and provided evidence why the grumpy former Petroleum Resources Minister, Diezani Allison-Madueke should not be returned to the cabinet, let alone to the Oil ministry portfolio. We thought media had made the point loud enough to invite President Goodluck Jonathan to take a hard and unsentimental look at Allison-Madueke’s record as Oil Minister. On each occasion, we promised ourselves that I won't write any more on the woman.

But, like a bad headache, Allison-Madueke has refused to go away. Against all the odds, she made the final list and it is now left to the Senate to save Nigerians from what has become a national embarrassment; the President having failed in his duty.

The President’s decision to return Allison-Madueke to the cabinet, unpopular as it is, points to a failure of leadership arising from poor judgment. We are therefore demanding that the Senators add the following questions to their list of questions for Allison-Madueke when she comes up for screening:

1-Lawmakers should ask Allison-Madueke about the so-called “Strategic Alliance Agreements” signed by the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) and the Nigerian Petroleum Development Corporation (NPDC) and Septa Energy Nigeria Ltd discreetly assigning oil blocks without an open and competitive bidding process in violation of the 2007 Public Procurement Act and the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry Content Development Act 2010. A Lagos-based lawyer, Bartholomew Aguegbodo, on June 10, 2011, asked a Federal High Court in Lagos to declare these agreements as illegal, null and void. He joined Allison-Madueke, the NNPC and the NPDC, Septa Energy, and the Attorney General of the Federation as first to fifth respondents respectively.

2-Allison-Madueke should tell lawmakers why she thinks her refusal to sign up for mandatory national service with the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) after she graduated from Howard University in 1987 should not be seriously reprimanded. According to Section 13 of the NYSC decree, Allison-Madueke committed a criminal act. “(A person) who refuses to make himself available for service in the service corps continuously for the period specified in subsection (2) of this section, is guilty of an offence and liable on conviction to a fine of N2,OOO or to imprisonment for a term of 12 months or to both,” the Act states.

3-Lawmakers should also ask Allison-Madueke whether she has reimbursed the $2 million she spent on a fashion show, organized by diamond designer Chris Aire, to promote his brand in the United States. The high profile event, tagged: “Chris Aire - ‘Hollywood Glamour Collection’2010 Nigeria’s Pride- Gold and Gemstones was packaged as a kind of fair to create awareness for the untapped gold and gemstone resources in Nigeria. CBN boss Lamido Sanusi coaxed four Nigerian banks --Diamond, First, Guaranty Trust and First City Monument Bank to cough out the dough. The lavish event held on April 07, 2010 at the prestigious Beverly Hills Hotel on Sunset Boulevard in Beverly Hills, California.

4-Allison-Madueke should tell lawmakers why she violated the law by awarding licenses to lift Nigerian crude oil to “briefcase companies” including two companies incorporated by Chris Aire. On July 9, 2010, Mr. Aire incorporated Siseno Oil Nigeria Ltd, and 12 days later (July 21, 2010), Mr. Aire, through his agents, incorporated another firm, Caligeria Oil Ltd, for the purpose of conducting petroleum products sales and distribution. One month later, Allison-Madueke discretionally awarded crude oil lifting contracts to the two firms, with neither fixed addresses nor personnel, in violation of NNPC guidelines for lifting of Nigerian crude. With the arbitrary allocations to his no-address companies, Mr. Aire and his associates earned about $11 million a year in profit for doing virtually nothing. The Presidency plans an investigation after major stakeholders protested against the overwhelming presence of shadowy companies without requisite industry experience and stipulated financial power, and who have failed to fulfil stipulated corporate responsibilities to the host communities, in violation of the guidelines signed by Allison-Madueke herself.

5-Lawmakers should ask Allison-Madueke about the elaborate bribery scam at the Petroleum Product Pricing and Regulatory Agency (PPPRA), where oil marketers were compelled to pay bribes in US dollars in exchange for obtaining authorization to import gasoline. The oil marketers were instructed by PPPRA to call a mobile telephone number and pay a bribe of $8 per metric ton of petroleum allocated to them, such that a firm with a 100,000 metric tons allocation would be required to pay a bribe of $800,000 in cash.

6-Allison-Madueke should be asked to explain why despite all her much-vaunted “reforms” to engender transparency in the sector, the 2011 report by the anti-corruption watch group Transparency International titled: “Promoting Revenue Transparency”, the NNPC is one of the eight worst performing companies worldwide, scoring zero for poor organizational disclosure.

7-Senators should seize the occasion to get Allison-Madueke answer questions relating to their inconclusive investigation by the Senate Committee on Petroleum (upstream) into three (3) oil blocks – OML 4, 30 and 41, which she discreetly and illegally assigned exploration rights to Septa Energy Nigeria Ltd. The federal government maintained a 55% stake in the blocks representing billions of naira. The Senate committee was unable to conclude its investigations because Allison-Madueke arrogantly refused to appear before the committee to answer questions even though she was invited several times. She can run, but she can no longer hide.

8-Lawmakers should also ask Allison-Madueke the inauspicious circumstances that led to her violating a court order to protect the interests of her husband’s company, and why she thinks this blatant conflict of interest should not be seriously reprimanded. She muzzled the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) into not complying with the court-directive to put a lien on all financial operations of Eremor Offshore oil field operated by Excel, chaired by her husband Retired Rear Admiral Allison Madueke. Excel had failed to honor an agreement with Alphin Fleury and Partners, a private company in Switzerland hired by the London office of the NNPC to seek financing for several Nigerian companies that are operating marginal oil fields. Excel breached the contract and when the court ordered a lien to be place on their assets, Allison-Madueke used her position as Minister to contravene and discard the court order.

9-Allison-Madueke should be asked to explain her uppity nature and disdain for the rule of law, which has led to arbitrariness and chaos in the sector. She should explain her decision ordering the NNPC to exercise its right of first refusal to prevent companies that bought oil acreages from RoyalDutchShell disinvestment sell-off of its blocks from operating the blocks. This has triggered a planned massive disinvestment by the oil majors from the Nigerian oil sector

10-Finally, lawmakers should ask Allison-Madueke this simple question: throughout her tenure as Minister, especially as Oil Minister, what mistakes have she made; what lessons have she learnt from those mistakes and if given another opportunity to head the Oil Ministry, what are some of the things she would do differently?

It is beyond human comprehension that President Jonathan can still appoint Allison-Madueke to his cabinet. What professional or ideological imperatives besides Ijaw solidarity that informed the President’s decision stretches credulity. What her re-appointment demonstrates is a predilection towards profligacy, and a questionable emphasis on reward rather than service: I consider the outrageous decision to return Allison-Madueke rather scandalous. The basic principle here is that public service ought to be about sacrifice and dedication. Those who have been elected or appointed to serve Nigeria in one capacity or the other should see their elevation as a mark of honor and as an opportunity to contribute to the making of Nigeria, its progress and development. Allison-Madueke is just unfit to hold public office and the Senate should reject her nomination outright!

Source: http://huhuonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3181:commentary-ten-questions-senators-should-ask-deziani-allison-madueke&catid=77:personal-tech&Itemid=420

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fanatic Buhari Defender Unable To Counter These Arguements On Facebook!! Read It / INEC Website Hacked - Hackers Exposed / Southwest States Begin Exploration Of Solid Minerals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.