Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,283 members, 7,864,416 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:53 PM

Constitutional Amendment: Senate Begins Voting - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Constitutional Amendment: Senate Begins Voting (14217 Views)

Senate Begins Probe Into Oil Subsidy Payments In Buhari’s Government / Ex-CJN Tanko To Get N2.5bn Benefits, Senate Begins Corruption Probe / Senate Begins Annual Vacation, To Resume September 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Constitutional Amendment: Senate Begins Voting by Munalili: 3:43pm On Mar 01, 2022
Good move

1 Like

Re: Constitutional Amendment: Senate Begins Voting by LordIsaac(m): 3:43pm On Mar 01, 2022
Eya.....women had wanted special reserved slots fa.... grin

1 Like

Re: Constitutional Amendment: Senate Begins Voting by Vifx: 3:45pm On Mar 01, 2022
All politicians will burn in hell
Re: Constitutional Amendment: Senate Begins Voting by Dawn91(m): 3:46pm On Mar 01, 2022
While I am unsatisfied with the number of crucial bills that failed to pass, I am still rather pleased that we even got to this point were the constitution is being ammended meaning we as a collective agree the 1999 constitution is rather flawed .

Moving on there is still alot of work to be done

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Constitutional Amendment: Senate Begins Voting by Dozis: 3:46pm On Mar 01, 2022
Thank God states will now be allowed to generate electricity...no more excuses

7 Likes

Re: Constitutional Amendment: Senate Begins Voting by jyz200(m): 3:47pm On Mar 01, 2022
They pass less important one and refuse to pass the one that will affect them directly

1 Like

Re: Constitutional Amendment: Senate Begins Voting by adeoba2008(m): 3:49pm On Mar 01, 2022
LegendHero:
Seems these Senate guys are not that receptive to change like their house of rep counterparts.

Why did they failed to pass the bill that allow online courts? This bill will go a long way in helping to hasten judgment delivery.

But so far I commend them on other bills passed. At least they make some progress and I hope in the nearest future they can do something like this to include state police to those bills.

They are sets of analogue fools.

2 Likes

Re: Constitutional Amendment: Senate Begins Voting by InoGetJoy: 3:51pm On Mar 01, 2022
When you see videos of Tinubu's incontinence, falling over while attempting to stand and his tremors, you can't help concluding that his motivating factor for contesting for the presidency is "if Buhari can do it, why not me?"

1 Like

Re: Constitutional Amendment: Senate Begins Voting by Lisaint(m): 3:55pm On Mar 01, 2022
Did they just give state right to generate,transmit and distribute power?

3 Likes

Re: Constitutional Amendment: Senate Begins Voting by Whois(m): 4:00pm On Mar 01, 2022
LegendHero:
Seems these Senate guys are not that receptive to change like their house of rep counterparts.

Why did they failed to pass the bill that allow online courts? This bill will go a long way in helping to hasten judgment delivery.

But so far I commend them on other bills passed. At least they make some progress and I hope in the nearest future they can do something like this to include state police to those bills.

Maybe the total number of votes wasn't enough for a yes/no decision so the voting failed.

1 Like

Re: Constitutional Amendment: Senate Begins Voting by LordGuru1: 4:01pm On Mar 01, 2022
Ok.

Re: Constitutional Amendment: Senate Begins Voting by topoftheworld(m): 4:04pm On Mar 01, 2022
Maxymilliano:

Time for local government chairmen to start eating there own money!

That's if the state governors didn't find way to circumvent the LG.. Naija na cruise..

1 Like

Re: Constitutional Amendment: Senate Begins Voting by Tip101(m): 4:06pm On Mar 01, 2022
It’s the bill that allows one to be indigene of any state that I like the most. Because, some people have made a great impact in a state, but got denied to contest in that state because they’re not “indigenes” of the state.

1 Like

Re: Constitutional Amendment: Senate Begins Voting by Emu4life(m): 4:09pm On Mar 01, 2022
Why did bill NO. 18 and 19 fail for goodness sake?? These theiving politheifians prefer delay of Justice What kinda daft politicians are these na

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Constitutional Amendment: Senate Begins Voting by Nobody: 4:11pm On Mar 01, 2022
Pls, those abstain, are they elected honourable members?
Do they receive salary?
Re: Constitutional Amendment: Senate Begins Voting by fergie001: 4:13pm On Mar 01, 2022
HeroHero:
Pls, those abstain, are they elected honourable members?
Do they receive salary?
grin grin grin grin
Re: Constitutional Amendment: Senate Begins Voting by Nobody: 4:15pm On Mar 01, 2022
IBBG:
Its power and VAT with LG autonomy that I'm glad about
Where VAT dey for there abeg? I no see am o shocked
Re: Constitutional Amendment: Senate Begins Voting by Kzdguru: 4:18pm On Mar 01, 2022
Anything on Pension act amendment, can we get more than 25% now?
Re: Constitutional Amendment: Senate Begins Voting by bot101(m): 4:20pm On Mar 01, 2022
There are a number of judiciary related bills that if passed, would have significantly reduced the burden on innocent Nigerians held in various prisons around the country. I only wish there was a bill that increases the number of judges at all levels across the nation. It will help reinforce the belief in the Judiciary as the last hope of the common man. Tackle delay tactics deployed by corporate and individual bodies to frustrate opponents, allow ordinary Nigerians to go to court more frequently instead of giving up on getting justice due to a long time it would usually take to get justice, and by consequence, significantly reduce police corruption.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Constitutional Amendment: Senate Begins Voting by buckeyemedia: 4:22pm On Mar 01, 2022
IBBG:
Its power and VAT with LG autonomy that I'm glad about
Who will tell you Nigeria did not change under Baba Buhari, for good & for bad?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Constitutional Amendment: Senate Begins Voting by buckeyemedia: 4:24pm On Mar 01, 2022
Vifx:
All politicians will burn in hell
If you have nothing to contribute, please remain silent, even a Mumu when silent, is thought to be clever.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Constitutional Amendment: Senate Begins Voting by Germi9: 4:26pm On Mar 01, 2022
So what they pay these Senators huge Millions for is to come to the Chambers and Say Yes / No
Re: Constitutional Amendment: Senate Begins Voting by buckeyemedia: 4:28pm On Mar 01, 2022
Germi9:
So what they pay these Senators huge Millions for is to come to the Chambers and Say Yes / No
Na True, Your papa or em brother for dey there, if he was more qualified than them to be collecting free money from the treasury as you assume?
Re: Constitutional Amendment: Senate Begins Voting by kingi777: 4:29pm On Mar 01, 2022
26. A Bill for an Act to Alter the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999 to Permit Public Servants to Engage in Healthcare Education, Production and Services beyond Farming; and for Related Matters.
Yes - 89
No – 1
Abstain –0
Total: 90

Please can someone in the house interpret this to me?
Re: Constitutional Amendment: Senate Begins Voting by freshvine(f): 4:31pm On Mar 01, 2022
How about the bill to ban Tinubu from any elective position?
Re: Constitutional Amendment: Senate Begins Voting by Nobody: 4:32pm On Mar 01, 2022
Yankiss:
This is an eye opener in why we must be careful of who represents us and follow what they do out there. A bill for timeline for criminal and civil cases should have been passed. This saves litigants and leaves with less cases of jungle justice. People resort to self-help when they find it frustrating to obtain justice. The bill on sits for women was defeated because not enough women in the national assembly to fight for it. The only bill I am happy about is the declining to grant immunity for legislative and judicial officers. Bill on LGA financial autonomy is okay but the governors will find a way to circumvent it and continue as usual. Is it not t Nigeria?
Which part of the country will those special seats for women come from? Women are eligible to fight for every seat and should not be restricted to special ones.

2 Likes

Re: Constitutional Amendment: Senate Begins Voting by buckeyemedia: 4:33pm On Mar 01, 2022
freshvine:
How about the bill to ban Tinubu from any elective position?
Bola Tinubu’s wife is a Senator, he is not one of those men who feels a woman’s role is in the house (Kitchen & Bedroom), respect Jagaban, or are you a housewife?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Constitutional Amendment: Senate Begins Voting by buzzcypha(m): 4:37pm On Mar 01, 2022
Olodo senators
Re: Constitutional Amendment: Senate Begins Voting by jammer777: 4:37pm On Mar 01, 2022
kingi777:
26. A Bill for an Act to Alter the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999 to Permit Public Servants to Engage in Healthcare Education, Production and Services beyond Farming; and for Related Matters.
Yes - 89
No – 1
Abstain –0
Total: 90

Please can someone in the house interpret this to me?

Business time.

1 Like

Re: Constitutional Amendment: Senate Begins Voting by Germi9: 4:41pm On Mar 01, 2022
buckeyemedia:
Na True, Your papa or em brother for dey there, if he was more qualified than them to be collecting free money from the treasury as you assume?
Another gullible slowpoke
Re: Constitutional Amendment: Senate Begins Voting by Odusoyinda12: 4:42pm On Mar 01, 2022
Yankiss:
This is an eye opener in why we must be careful of who represents us and follow what they do out there. A bill for timeline for criminal and civil cases should have been passed. This saves litigants and leaves with less cases of jungle justice. People resort to self-help when they find it frustrating to obtain justice. The bill on sits for women was defeated because not enough women in the national assembly to fight for it. The only bill I am happy about is the declining to grant immunity for legislative and judicial officers. Bill on LGA financial autonomy is okay but the governors will find a way to circumvent it and continue as usual. Is it not t Nigeria?

where will they create seats from, for women to have special seats is not the true definition of equity
Every sex has the right to contest and once you regard a seat as a special seat, they will only be seen as special seats and wont be accorded the true respect they deserve

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Does The Supreme Court Have Original Jurisdiction Over Naira Deadline Case? / Don’t Fight Over Politicians, They Always Reconcile – Oba Of Lagos / Abia Assembly Passes Anti-Grazing, Genotype, Insertion Of Blood Group Laws

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.