Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,533 members, 7,837,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k (25647 Views)

POS Operator Returns Cash To FCMB Cashier That Overpaid Him With N100k (photos) / Please Help!!! My Access Bank Just Got Debited, What Should I Do? / My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by 22o62021: 4:18pm On Mar 02, 2022
I did the same thing many weeks ago

Nothing special about it

It’s just humanity at work

https://www.nairaland.com/6857749/just-saved-bank-cashier-premium#107767790

2 Likes

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Emmayorejoice: 4:18pm On Mar 02, 2022
[
God bless the OP whose conscience has not been destroyed by greed and selfishness. Your reward is inevitably in front. What you Sow you reap. [/quote]
Amen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by phemmyfour: 4:18pm On Mar 02, 2022
nzeobi:
You did well bro and may your own never miss.

Country hard but 32k today won't solve any problem
It will go a long way
Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Emmayorejoice: 4:19pm On Mar 02, 2022
22o62021:
I did the same thing many weeks ago

Nothing special about it

It’s just humanity at work
Good of you.
Nothing special when you have abundance.
If you have needs then there is something special

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Emmayorejoice: 4:21pm On Mar 02, 2022
charlesdinho7:
MAY GOD BLESS YOU FOR THIS SINGULAR ACT OF TRUTH, AMEN
Amen
Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by qiubee(m): 4:21pm On Mar 02, 2022
This shows how senseless and wicked minded a lot of people are.
that 32k wont solve anyones problems there by putting another person at risk of losing her job or more than half of her salary..
we can always do better as a country if we act better.

onlinestaff2020:
You gawk badly.

You are not sharp.

Do you know that those bankers rip off customers a lot?

They are even the ones that gives out data to their Yahoo boyfriends to scam innocent people.

Now, you have the chance to eat out of the national cake, then you chickened off.

You no get mind , abeg.

You be Jew man.

Do you know that if you even ask the lady to give you small thing, she would be the one to snub you?

Don't do favours for women except your fellow men.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Emmayorejoice: 4:23pm On Mar 02, 2022
Cutehector:
God bless you. I'm a banker and what you have just done now is highly commendable. I live in woji and i'll love to meet you.
That would be nice. Best to dm for such
Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Aarenasbaba(m): 4:25pm On Mar 02, 2022
You shall feel d reward somewhere else

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Emmayorejoice: 4:25pm On Mar 02, 2022
pek:
Please remove the transaction receipt you posted. Her bank might see and you won't know what their mindset will be.
ok

I tried but I am not allowed to modify again. Its up to the Mods now
Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by VEHINTOLAR: 4:27pm On Mar 02, 2022
Emmayorejoice:
I needed to withdraw 35k this morning in order to attend to some urgent cash needs and since I didn't want only N1000 notes I decided to enter the banking hall. To avoid issues I arrived before 8 am and was one of the first to be attended to. The cashier paid me with N20k bundle and counted 15k with the counting machine twice and gave me my bundle. I didnt bother to do another count as I saw her use the machine twice. Only for me to get back home and realise I had an extra N32k. I counted and recounted but it was an excess.

Truth be told times could be much better Covid and Buhari did not help matters but as a Christian I know not to keep what is not mine. God knows it could have solved a lot of problems but its best to wait for what is mine so i had to go back to the bank and wait to see the Teller. Looking at her interact with her colleagues one could tell she was not happy.
When it was my turn she asked what kind of transaction I wanted and I just handed her the N32k. The relief and joy on her face could not be hidden. She had already told her colleague beside her that she was short so they both joined in telling me thank you.

As usual some may say I was foolish for returning the money but either a young lady could have lost her job in these terrible times or at least the money would be removed from her salary which is still bad enough.
My only prayer is God should consider this and remember me for good.

May God bless you abundantly for this ! You're a good and wonderful man;the type that is so rare in our contemporary societies. What you did is awesome and that's the way to go !

You're blessed my brother.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by anonymuz(m): 4:27pm On Mar 02, 2022
Kestolove:
U fvckup, big time
32k wey if for do chop by now, e no really worth am. E good as he return the money at least him go get clean conscience by now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by luminouz(m): 4:27pm On Mar 02, 2022
onlinestaff2020:
You gawk badly.

You are not sharp.

Do you know that those bankers rip off customers a lot?

They are even the ones that gives out data to their Yahoo boyfriends to scam innocent people.

Now, you have the chance to eat out of the national cake, then you chickened off.

You no get mind , abeg.

You be Jew man.

Do you know that if you even ask the lady to give you small thing, she would be the one to snub you?

Don't do favours for women except your fellow men.
Your mentality is fuqed up.

I wonder if you'd say same the cashier was your sister or mum?

1 Like

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Emmayorejoice: 4:30pm On Mar 02, 2022
pek:
Please remove the transaction receipt you posted. Her bank might see and you won't know what their mindset will be.
I tried to modify but I am not allowed to modify again. I guess it is now in the hands of the mods
Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Emmayorejoice: 4:31pm On Mar 02, 2022
VEHINTOLAR:

May God bless you abundantly for this ! You're a good and wonderful man;the type that is so rare in our contemporary societies. What you did is awesome and that's the way to go !

You're blessed my brother.
Amen
Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Akharmony: 4:35pm On Mar 02, 2022
SPIRITUAL. .
Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by tomzyELNINO: 4:40pm On Mar 02, 2022
God bless You richly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Ulogbo: 4:42pm On Mar 02, 2022
I had similar experience, I credited 2.450,000 (two million four hundred and fifty thousand naira) I waited for 6 days to see who credited me and none. My cousin actually deposited 5k in my account to help him buy some medication and the and there was a lady in front of him that brought the 2.450Million. Our account numbers were the same only with a digit differentiating it. We'll to cut the long story shut, I went to the bank and told them, and the reverted the money back. Later the evening the cashier called and thank me, he told me he has been in Police custody. You can imagine his experience

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Emmayorejoice: 4:42pm On Mar 02, 2022
ehis4real1:
God will definitely reward you for this bro.
Amen
Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by akanaba01: 4:42pm On Mar 02, 2022
May ur Kindness pay u in Christ name...Amen!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Emmayorejoice: 4:42pm On Mar 02, 2022
eteebanky1:
you did well bro, God bless you
Amen
Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Emmayorejoice: 4:43pm On Mar 02, 2022
feek07:
you have done well , may God reward you abundantly
Amen
Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Berankis: 4:43pm On Mar 02, 2022
Emmayorejoice:
I needed to withdraw 35k this morning in order to attend to some urgent cash needs and since I didn't want only N1000 notes I decided to enter the banking hall. To avoid issues I arrived before 8 am and was one of the first to be attended to. The cashier paid me with N20k bundle and counted 15k with the counting machine twice and gave me my bundle. I didnt bother to do another count as I saw her use the machine twice. Only for me to get back home and realise I had an extra N32k. I counted and recounted but it was an excess.

Truth be told times could be much better Covid and Buhari did not help matters but as a Christian I know not to keep what is not mine. God knows it could have solved a lot of problems but its best to wait for what is mine so i had to go back to the bank and wait to see the Teller. Looking at her interact with her colleagues one could tell she was not happy.
When it was my turn she asked what kind of transaction I wanted and I just handed her the N32k. The relief and joy on her face could not be hidden. She had already told her colleague beside her that she was short so they both joined in telling me thank you.

As usual some may say I was foolish for returning the money but either a young lady could have lost her job in these terrible times or at least the money would be removed from her salary which is still bad enough.
This is always my pain in this country. Pain of everyday. I always say it that Nigerians are badly behaved. You are one of the very few upright Nigerians, very very few.
I hope and pray we all learn from you and continue practice what you have just done. I remember sending back a transfer N86,000 back to the Owner who over paid me and even when my company over paid me. I will never steal what is not mine. I am not rich but not poor either. I still believe in this country. May be we will get there someday...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Emmayorejoice: 4:45pm On Mar 02, 2022
gr8child:
You are not foolish. God will continue to bless you for doing the right thing.
Amen
Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Berankis: 4:45pm On Mar 02, 2022
Ulogbo:
I had similar experience, I credited 2.450,000 (two million four hundred and fifty thousand naira) I waited for 6 days to see who credited me and none. My cousin actually deposited 5k in my account to help him buy some medication and the and there was a lady in front of him that brought the 2.450Million. Our account numbers were the same only with a digit differentiating it. We'll to cut the long story shut, I went to the bank and told them, and the reverted the money back. Later the evening the cashier called and thank me, he told me he has been in Police custody. You can imagine his experience
Wow! Thank you again. Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Omotosho1090905(m): 4:48pm On Mar 02, 2022
Good is rewarded with good, that's the law of nature I pray you receive it back in ten folds

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Emmayorejoice: 4:48pm On Mar 02, 2022
Goldie16:
By putting that receipt here, you just exposed that teller and she could get sacked. Now, it's better you would have kept the money. She'll pay back but learn her lesson and save her job
I don't think she can be sacked provided her funds are balanced.

Though I tried to remove the receipt but I am no longer allowed to modify the post
Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Mindlesskid: 4:48pm On Mar 02, 2022
silverlinen:
Damn.. your luck don shine brr
Withdraw am ASAP

Withdraw ke... Did you read the post.

Anyways... Baba well done
Na man you be
Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 4:49pm On Mar 02, 2022
Emmayorejoice:

I went to withdrew cash via cashier this morning and the guy gave me 17500 instead of 16500. I did the counting and realized then returned his 1k.. no broke I broke I no be thief. He no even say thanks..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Miner13: 4:49pm On Mar 02, 2022
Kestolove:
U fvckup, big time
even you. ok
Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Avast(m): 4:51pm On Mar 02, 2022
Emmayorejoice:

You blur account name and you leave account number and bank name......

Incase people want to reward you, lol....

Just joking thou, you are blessed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Emmayorejoice: 4:54pm On Mar 02, 2022
Avast:

You blur account name and you leave account number and bank name......
I cannot modify again. I have reported to mods
Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by silverlinen(m): 4:58pm On Mar 02, 2022
Mindlesskid:

Withdraw ke... Did you read the post.

Anyways... Baba well done
Na man you be
Read it to the end brr
Na why una dey quote me like this lol
Omo to dey comment rubbish good oo...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Please Help!!! My Access Bank Just Got Debited, What Should I Do? / Christmas: Excitement In Cross River As 'abakaliki Rice' Sells For N14,500 / Why Naira Depreciated By 23% In 4 Days — Currency Dealers, Analysts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.