Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,304 members, 7,836,320 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

Ukrainian Embassy Says Nigerian Volunteer Fighters To Pay $1000 For Visa, Ticket - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ukrainian Embassy Says Nigerian Volunteer Fighters To Pay $1000 For Visa, Ticket (57909 Views)

Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 / Vehicles On Fire At Ogeere, Lagos/Ibadan Expressway! Fire Fighters In Action / US Embassy Says Visa Services At Abuja Might Resume Next Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ukrainian Embassy Says Nigerian Volunteer Fighters To Pay $1000 For Visa, Ticket by blowjohn(m): 8:59am On Mar 04, 2022
The issue that makes me curious.
The first soldier that has 6 children.
In this age and time some men don't understand that 6 children is a burden.
Haba
Re: Ukrainian Embassy Says Nigerian Volunteer Fighters To Pay $1000 For Visa, Ticket by MartinsD12(m): 8:59am On Mar 04, 2022
MyExpression:

https://punchng.com/nigerian-fighters-must-provide-1000-for-ticket-visa-ukraine/
This country is wicked this clearly show's they don't want their citizen to progress, give them jobs no , allow them to go and fight for Ukraine and earn a living and you are charging them $1000 for what

1 Like

Re: Ukrainian Embassy Says Nigerian Volunteer Fighters To Pay $1000 For Visa, Ticket by Eidris01(m): 9:01am On Mar 04, 2022
Paying for death? Thought, they'd welcome them with opened arms... Lol

1 Like

Re: Ukrainian Embassy Says Nigerian Volunteer Fighters To Pay $1000 For Visa, Ticket by thatigboman1: 9:01am On Mar 04, 2022
MyExpression:
Yea, you heard it right.

To Pay ooo, NOT To Be Paid?

People wey we dey risk our lives to epp!

Make una no worry, Russia go soon capture Kiev/Kyiv
read the story before commenting. The salary is $3,300. But u have to pay to get there 1st

2 Likes

Re: Ukrainian Embassy Says Nigerian Volunteer Fighters To Pay $1000 For Visa, Ticket by VicM6: 9:01am On Mar 04, 2022
dem no see boko boys beat, na Russian force dem wan beat. okay o
Re: Ukrainian Embassy Says Nigerian Volunteer Fighters To Pay $1000 For Visa, Ticket by HoneySwag(f): 9:02am On Mar 04, 2022
MyExpression:
Yea, you heard it right.

To Pay ooo, NOT To Be Paid?

People wey we dey risk our lives to epp!

Make una no worry, Russia go soon capture Kiev/Kyiv
The Ukrainian government would pay them $3300 dollars every month which is over a million when converted to naira

1 Like

Re: Ukrainian Embassy Says Nigerian Volunteer Fighters To Pay $1000 For Visa, Ticket by Oddfinder: 9:04am On Mar 04, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:
Lol

Look at rhw Ukraine we are backing. grin

Honestly, white will always be white. Lol.

A beggie...a dey step aside dey watch how Russia will do her thing.

You want fighters from a poor nation, and you want them to still pay visa application fees and other stuff as usual. Hahahaha. Ok ooooo.

Dem head never correct. Russian bombs will soon reformat their brains. grin

Na me wey dey pray for them and dey ginger for them needs to check myself. A beggie....go fightnyour war.
Una don see am na
Re: Ukrainian Embassy Says Nigerian Volunteer Fighters To Pay $1000 For Visa, Ticket by Nobody: 9:05am On Mar 04, 2022
oldtruth:

Try to dey read. It is for their flight ticket and visa. They will still be paid their monthly salary of $7000 or $3,300.

You don't expect the country to be responsible at this their present state. At least get yourself there first and get enrolled.

My only fear is won't they be posted to hot zones?
Oga which salary you dey talk sef? In a war? Na waoo. Na only people who survived will be paid salary ...and if the nation wins.

Visa fees should be waived. This is our point. And the embassy should find cheap tickets. Or they can tell them to go find it. This $1,000 at this stage is rubbish. At worst the volunteers should pay for one way, they may get $300 - $500 cos they will go on humanitarian ground. They may even get it cheap. They can move them to the UK first. British Airways can lift them from Lagos to London then to Kiev free. It is very possible. They know it too.

Nigeria isnt a rich nation.

They are useless. Let us be truthful to ourselves. Putin never bomb them all...na so we go dey look now. Na we dey ginger for Ukraine before. It really means they actually discriminated against blacks there.

A beg, let me focus on my brothers and sisters there for their safety.

I swear, if Buhari follows UN sanctions, we go protest in Nigeria. Rubbish...

1 Like

Re: Ukrainian Embassy Says Nigerian Volunteer Fighters To Pay $1000 For Visa, Ticket by judedwriter(m): 9:06am On Mar 04, 2022
Pay 1000$ to die

How many of them can even afford it.
Re: Ukrainian Embassy Says Nigerian Volunteer Fighters To Pay $1000 For Visa, Ticket by HoneySwag(f): 9:08am On Mar 04, 2022
I don't expect them to request for visa or ticket, it should be a free flight since these people are willing to lay down their lives for the country (Ukraine). All they're suppose to do is take down the details of those coming in to help in the fight.
Re: Ukrainian Embassy Says Nigerian Volunteer Fighters To Pay $1000 For Visa, Ticket by ofwest47(m): 9:09am On Mar 04, 2022
Black man black brain go and pay $1000 to go and get killed by Russia in Ukraine.
Re: Ukrainian Embassy Says Nigerian Volunteer Fighters To Pay $1000 For Visa, Ticket by chymeze: 9:13am On Mar 04, 2022
This is incomprehensible. Someone, a foreigner, who has no biz helping you, is volunteering to come help fight for your country against invaders and you're demanding the person pays for flight and visa to come into your country These stupid Ukrainians are not ready to receive help. They should rather be the ones organizing free visa and flights for those who are willing and interested in fighting for them, and offer them instant citizenship to increase their zeal and patriotism to fight for their new country. These Ukrainians lack wisdom. Putin biko finish them all!

2 Likes

Re: Ukrainian Embassy Says Nigerian Volunteer Fighters To Pay $1000 For Visa, Ticket by JayPeeOham: 9:14am On Mar 04, 2022
More like paying to go and commit suicide grin
Re: Ukrainian Embassy Says Nigerian Volunteer Fighters To Pay $1000 For Visa, Ticket by Loveknitting: 9:15am On Mar 04, 2022
So the volunteers wasn't a fake news?

Wow.
Re: Ukrainian Embassy Says Nigerian Volunteer Fighters To Pay $1000 For Visa, Ticket by Penguin2: 9:18am On Mar 04, 2022
Oddfinder:

Na people wey de pity dem na
Western propaganda don turn Ukraine to saints.
In Europe, after Russia, spain, na Ukraine be next for racism.
Asking volunteers to pay 1k to come fight for u..Russia never even start with dem

Don’t mind their stupidity.

It simply shows they are not yet in crisis.

When they are finally in crisis, they’d look for men to recruit that would be paid $1000 per hour.

Volunteers wanna fight for u and u are talking thrash.
Re: Ukrainian Embassy Says Nigerian Volunteer Fighters To Pay $1000 For Visa, Ticket by ekob99: 9:19am On Mar 04, 2022
oldtruth:

No... He will still be paid $7,000 or $3,300 depending on his experience per month.

The only issue here is Nigeria. I wonder what will become of this country? Just too bad for living

War wey we never even sure if Ukraine go fit survive Russia onslaught for 1 month nai person go pay $1000 go fight for them with the promise of $3000 unseen allowee...

What if as you reach there, Russian conquer the whole Ukraine the next day turn every soldier to prisoner of war?

Did you consider that option too?

1 Like

Re: Ukrainian Embassy Says Nigerian Volunteer Fighters To Pay $1000 For Visa, Ticket by cocolacec(m): 9:21am On Mar 04, 2022
oldtruth:

No... He will still be paid $7,000 or $3,300 depending on his experience per month.

The only issue here is Nigeria. I wonder what will become of this country? Just too bad for living
Europeans will be paid the $7,000 while Africans and other low class will be paid $3,300 or less.
Re: Ukrainian Embassy Says Nigerian Volunteer Fighters To Pay $1000 For Visa, Ticket by cocolacec(m): 9:22am On Mar 04, 2022
ekob99:

War wey we never even sure if Ukraine go fit survive Russia onslaught for 1 month nai person go pay $1000 go fight for them with the promise of $3000 unseen allowee...

What if as you reach there, Russian conquer the whole Ukraine the next day turn every soldier to prisoner of war?

Did you consider that option too?

Where the allawee wan come,banks are closed in Ukraine.
Re: Ukrainian Embassy Says Nigerian Volunteer Fighters To Pay $1000 For Visa, Ticket by cocolacec(m): 9:23am On Mar 04, 2022
Penguin2:

Don’t mind their stupidity.

It simply shows they are not yet in crisis.

When they are finally in crisis, they’d look for men to recruit that would be paid $1000 per hour.

Volunteers wanna fight for u and u are talking thrash.
Volunteer means free service in Europe.Volunteer is not a paid job.
Re: Ukrainian Embassy Says Nigerian Volunteer Fighters To Pay $1000 For Visa, Ticket by Awesometouch1: 9:25am On Mar 04, 2022
$1k to go and die when there are so many cheaper ways of dying within Nigeria.

You'll just be inside your house and free death will come and knock on your door.

Re: Ukrainian Embassy Says Nigerian Volunteer Fighters To Pay $1000 For Visa, Ticket by OBUA12345: 9:29am On Mar 04, 2022
U want to die for other country, while ur own country is roasting, Cha who u our this tin. Make our get sense nah Nigeria youth.
Re: Ukrainian Embassy Says Nigerian Volunteer Fighters To Pay $1000 For Visa, Ticket by IbileIfe: 9:30am On Mar 04, 2022
US$1000 for ticket and Visa is cheap.
Thousands of Nigerians will volunteer.
Re: Ukrainian Embassy Says Nigerian Volunteer Fighters To Pay $1000 For Visa, Ticket by Nobody: 9:31am On Mar 04, 2022
make i pay say i wan come help una, seem this man is really comedian like they said grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ukrainian Embassy Says Nigerian Volunteer Fighters To Pay $1000 For Visa, Ticket by IbileIfe: 9:31am On Mar 04, 2022
Awesometouch1:
$1k to go and die when there are so many cheaper ways of dying within Nigeria.

You'll just be inside your house and free death will come and knock on your door.
Many NIgerian soldiers will Jápá to fight for Ukraine.
Re: Ukrainian Embassy Says Nigerian Volunteer Fighters To Pay $1000 For Visa, Ticket by Avenna: 9:34am On Mar 04, 2022
who will give me link ready to go i ant to save life.
Re: Ukrainian Embassy Says Nigerian Volunteer Fighters To Pay $1000 For Visa, Ticket by Nobody: 9:35am On Mar 04, 2022
Stupid bloody immigrants...fight for your race.
Re: Ukrainian Embassy Says Nigerian Volunteer Fighters To Pay $1000 For Visa, Ticket by Wangzhang: 9:37am On Mar 04, 2022
All the callings for foreign fighters are mere propaganda just to attract sympathies from the outside world. Ukraine brought this upon herself.
Re: Ukrainian Embassy Says Nigerian Volunteer Fighters To Pay $1000 For Visa, Ticket by dreamxhaser: 9:37am On Mar 04, 2022
oluwaahmed:
Nigeria is really the lapdog of the west thanks to buhari. Imagine siding with Ukraine, when we collect loans, military training and hardware from Russia. Russia will remember.

The thing still dey pain me, as a result of this act, this is the first time I'll insult buhari government as stupid. Very stupid.

When the west refused to sell weapons to us, Russia was the the country the came to our rescue. I belief upon seeing how Nigerian government behaved, China will now be wary of African countries.

1 Like

Re: Ukrainian Embassy Says Nigerian Volunteer Fighters To Pay $1000 For Visa, Ticket by Krismas(m): 9:38am On Mar 04, 2022
MyExpression:

https://punchng.com/nigerian-fighters-must-provide-1000-for-ticket-visa-ukraine/
grin Adikwu looks to me like a mercenary. He wants money. So I advice him to join the Russian army instead. Putin has promised free visa for any African volunteer. And I expect that to come with some nice pay. Ukraine has too many volunteers, they may not value those from Nigeria. So if any Nigeria is ready to fight for money sake, I recommend Russian army.

2 Likes

Re: Ukrainian Embassy Says Nigerian Volunteer Fighters To Pay $1000 For Visa, Ticket by crystalpapers(m): 9:39am On Mar 04, 2022
Serious billing left and right grin grin grin grin grin. No be only Ukraine need money. I wan carry my body go fight for una, una still dey bill me on top. Shioor una never ready grin grin grin.
Re: Ukrainian Embassy Says Nigerian Volunteer Fighters To Pay $1000 For Visa, Ticket by Adgraced: 9:42am On Mar 04, 2022
Transporting past soldiers to Ukraine will be very expensive, but 1000USD is on the high side, especially for people that are willing to come and fight for you with clear possibility of dying while at it. They should have waived the visa fees and subsidized the ticket to about 500USD. And if not that the soldiers will be paid, I think it should have been totally free.

1 Like

Re: Ukrainian Embassy Says Nigerian Volunteer Fighters To Pay $1000 For Visa, Ticket by Nobody: 9:43am On Mar 04, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:

Oga which salary you dey talk sef? In a war? Na waoo. Na only people who survived will be paid salary ...and if the nation wins.

Visa fees should be waived. This is our point. And the embassy should find cheap tickets. Or they can tell them to go find it. This $1,000 at this stage is rubbish. At worst the volunteers should pay for one way, they may get $300 - $500 cos they will go on humanitarian ground. They may even get it cheap. They can move them to the UK first. British Airways can lift them from Lagos to London then to Kiev free. It is very possible. They know it too.

Nigeria isnt a rich nation.

They are useless. Let us be truthful to ourselves. Putin never bomb them all...na so we go dey look now. Na we dey ginger for Ukraine before. It really means they actually discriminated against blacks there.

A beg, let me focus on my brothers and sisters there for their safety.

I swear, if Buhari follows UN sanctions, we go protest in Nigeria. Rubbish...

Relax. Ukraine is not Nigeria. Once you are listed even at death you will be paid your dues.

And this is not the biblical war that they turn themselves into slaves. Even if Putin conquer them, the least they can do is to take authority of the place but Ukraine will always be. Stop thinking local

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Iran Will Not Give Black Box From Crashed Ukrainian Airliner To Boeing / African Man Beats 2 Policemen In Milan, Italy, As He Resists Being Deported / Ibadan Residents Shocked As Car Flies Over Fence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.