Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,785 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. (17502 Views)

House Of Assembly Member Kicked Out Of The House Floor For Indecent Dressing / Women Arrested With Assault Weapons In Maiduguri / Boko-Haram Members Dressed As Women Arrested In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by 50kobo: 2:36am On Aug 09, 2007
oh lorseeee
no one looks indecent in that picture! they should go and arrest the people in the village abi, dey walk around with just wrapper on their waist nonsense upon ingredients!
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by Afam(m): 11:46am On Aug 09, 2007
Danmasani:

No wonder i don dey fight extremist all day

PTH = Davidylan! I see

Wonders shall never end on Nairaland.
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by moondust(m): 2:28pm On Aug 09, 2007
infringement of basic human rights angry
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by Nobody: 6:18pm On Aug 09, 2007
@ debo,you didn't know PTH was our one and only "man after God's heart"
The obantalapipipi has done it again O lipsrsealed

this my mouth sef
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by uchetobi(f): 6:28pm On Aug 09, 2007
Wow! this is pure thrash
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by romeo(m): 7:01pm On Aug 09, 2007
uchetobi:

Wow! this is pure thrash

what? the thread or the ban?
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by ifedima(f): 1:44pm On Aug 10, 2007
I think the new Governor has no Agenda for Lagos state. Arresting women on the street is not the major problem we have in Lagos state.

He should stop distracting the masses and start implementing whatever Agenda he has for the state at least we did not put him there for this.

Am calling on Mr. Bola Ahmed Tinubu to put him to order now, before he stains his foots step that is still shining in Lagos state.

Ifedima
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by ifedima(f): 1:48pm On Aug 10, 2007
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos.

I think the new Governor has no Agenda for Lagos state. Arresting women on the street is not the major problem we have in Lagos state.

He should stop distracting the masses and start implementing whatever Agenda he has for the state at least we did not put him there for this.

Am calling on Mr. Bola Ahmed Tinubu  to put him to order now, before he stains his foots step that is still shining in Lagos state.  

Ifedima
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by kellorah: 1:52pm On Aug 10, 2007
That's so true! It's all they do-distract the masses from the crucial matter affecting them. Let's hope they wont buy it.
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by uchetobi(f): 2:05pm On Aug 10, 2007
@ Romeo I meant the ban, I second the above post (s) he should implement the core strategies not wasting times on mundane thing like chasing women in trouser
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by omoge(f): 12:29am On Aug 11, 2007
dont mind him. I'm very sure he has hot pant too.
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by tnaidaR(f): 4:41pm On Aug 11, 2007
*Shakes head at the news!* Very pitiful ! embarassed
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by Jackal(m): 4:56pm On Aug 11, 2007
Its pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!
This is supposed to be the 21st century and Nigeria still lives like cave-men.
How can u arrest someone for indecent dressing?
Granted, indecent exposure is unlawful but indecent dressing?
Fashola is a pillock.
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by tnaidaR(f): 5:03pm On Aug 11, 2007
So, all the while he was campaigning this was what he had in mind? undecided This is his priority? embarassed

Nigeria's pace is 1 step forward 10 steps backwards. Very pitiful!
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by Bankole01(m): 5:15pm On Aug 11, 2007
It turned out that most of the women if not all were real prostitutes.

Tales out of Lagos brothels
By Evelyn Usman
Posted to the Web: Saturday, August 11, 2007

Ladies of the red light zone, arrested in blistering raids by men of the Lagos Police Command tell tales of how they got into the world’s oldest profession

They all looked ruffled, though some of them unperturbed at their present states, following the expression on their faces which spelt nothing but calm and an apparent expectation of freedom. They were of different ages and sizes; some of them tall, some
short, some fat and some, well, trim. Some looked beautiful while others fit into into any description. They were alleged commercial sex workers who were picked by the monitoring unit of the Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Mr Mohamed Abubakar from different brothels in the state last week. They were 99 in number.

The arrest, as gathered by Saturday Vanguard, was amongst other things occasioned by confessional statements of some arrested robbery suspects who revealed that their female friends who are mostly commercial sex workers were their armour bearers. Investigations also showed that over the years, these girls have been planted in many local brothels and big hotels as easy access to get some victims either assassinated or robbed.

But what kept every one spellbound were the involvement of five women with children in what is regarded as the oldest profession on earth. More shocking was the realization that two of the women were housewives whose husbands were apparently oblivious of their vocation. Two teenagers who claimed to be 18 years even when it was glaring that they had not reached that age were also paraded. Most of them were reportedly lured from their respective villages on the pretext that they were being brought to big cities like Lagos in search of greener pastures, only to realize they were brought as sex machines to satisfy the sexual urge of more than three men per night.

Some of them claimed they lost their virginities to those they regarded as strangers while others were brutalized in the process. About 18 of the suspects who spoke claimed they were students from different tertiary institutions in the federation and were into the business following the incredible hike in school fees. One of them who identified herself as Scarlet Onogie and a final year student of accounting in one of the universities revealed that she reluctantly started the trade after she lost her father at the age of 18. On the part of the married women, they claimed they had to do it because of the harsh conditions in the their families. One of them who sobbed uncontrollably, revealed how she was introduced into it by a friend two years ago, claiming that it had at least helped in putting food on her family’s table. Excerpts of conversation with some of them:
Saturday, August 11, 2007 Login Subscribe

O
N
L
I
N
E

Towards a better life for the people DAILY NEWS FROM NIGERIA Home | About Us | Advertising | Contact

Headlines
Cover Stories
National News
Niger-Delta
East
South West
North
Politics
Business
Sports
Education
Health
Environment
Entertainment
Fashion
Technology
The Arts
Law
Labour
Tourism
Viewpoints

COVER STORIES

By Evelyn Usman

* Ladies of the red light zone, arrested in blistering raids by men of the Lagos Police Command tell tales of how they got into the world’s oldest profession

They all looked ruffled, though some of them unperturbed at their present states, following the expression on their faces which spelt nothing but calm and an apparent expectation of freedom. They were of different ages and sizes; some of them tall, some short, some fat and some, well, trim. Some looked beautiful while others fit into into any description. They were alleged commercial sex workers who were picked by the monitoring unit of the Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Mr Mohamed Abubakar from different brothels in the state last week. They were 99 in number.

The arrest, as gathered by Saturday Vanguard, was amongst other things occasioned by confessional statements of some arrested robbery suspects who revealed that their female friends who are mostly commercial sex workers were their armour bearers. Investigations also showed that over the years, these girls have been planted in many local brothels and big hotels as easy access to get some victims either assassinated or robbed.

But what kept every one spellbound were the involvement of five women with children in what is regarded as the oldest profession on earth. More shocking was the realization that two of the women were housewives whose husbands were apparently oblivious of their vocation. Two teenagers who claimed to be 18 years even when it was glaring that they had not reached that age were also paraded. Most of them were reportedly lured from their respective villages on the pretext that they were being brought to big cities like Lagos in search of greener pastures, only to realize they were brought as sex machines to satisfy the sexual urge of more than three men per night.

Some of them claimed they lost their virginities to those they regarded as strangers while others were brutalized in the process. About 18 of the suspects who spoke claimed they were students from different tertiary institutions in the federation and were into the business following the incredible hike in school fees. One of them who identified herself as Scarlet Onogie and a final year student of accounting in one of the universities revealed that she reluctantly started the trade after she lost her father at the age of 18. On the part of the married women, they claimed they had to do it because of the harsh conditions in the their families. One of them who sobbed uncontrollably, revealed how she was introduced into it by a friend two years ago, claiming that it had at least helped in putting food on her family’s table. Excerpts of conversation with some of them:

Favour Victor: My name is Favour Victor, I am 18 years old. I was arrested in Molite hotel in Dopemu area of Lagos. I’m from Akwa-Ibom State. After my primary and secondary school in the village, I was sent to one of my relations in Port Harcourt to look for job to so I can assist my family. I had barely spent two years in Port Harcourt when my sister and her family relocated to the USA, and asked me to go back to the village. That was last year.

After spending some months in the village, I was taken to another relative in Uyo where I was sold to a woman I never knew for N50,000. She brought me to Lagos and put me in a hotel. The first night was like a dream to me because I never expected I would ever go into prostitution in life, even though I needed money to take care of my siblings back at home. Reluctantly, I joined and was hoping to quit one day until I was arrested”.

Endurance Francis: “My name is Endurance Francis and I’m 18 years old. I was arrested at Liberty hotel by Cement bus-stop but I do not know the area because I am new there. A relation, Hope by name brought me from the village to come and help her sell in a restaurant. As I was leaving the village, my mother cautioned me against doing anything that would get my guardian angry and lead to her sending me back to the village. But I never knew what I was going into until we arrived Lagos and I got to know the next day that where my aunt called home was a brothel. Initially I thought it was a public compound because I have heard so much about face-me-I face-you buildings in Lagos. But two days after my arrival, a man came into the room I share with my aunt and she left both of us inside. To my surprise, the man started handling me and I screamed.

My aunt came in and asked me not to scream that I would enjoy it at the end. That was how I lost my virginity to a total stranger. That night he paid me N500 but my aunt collected it from me, saying she would be saving it for me. But she never gave me a kobo till date. After that first encounter, I cried and begged my aunt to take me back to the village. But she would not, on the grounds that she had no money for transport. She said I needed to raise money for my transport fare if I wanted to go. That was how I began trading myself for money. I am yet to know how much I’ve so far made. At times I would get N500 each from three men. At other times when there won’t be business, I would realize N300 a day”
Asked if she if she uses condom to avoid sexual transmitted diseases, she answered in the affirmitive.

On the contrary, Favour’s relative, who simply identified herself as Hope claimed she was not in possession of the teenager’s money. Rather the 25-year-old lady who said she’d been in the profession for two years stated that “ I actually brought her from the village and she has been living in the hotel with me. When she came the first time, I was deducting some of her money as payment for house rent because we pay N2,000 every month. But after she moved into her room I stopped collecting money from her”.
Asked if she disclosed the type of work she was bringing the teen to do in Lagos to her parents, she kept mute.

In what looked like an arrant display of non-challant attitude towards her involvement, another suspect who refused to disclose her identity said: “So what if am arrested? Did I kill or steal? Abi no bi my body I dey use?” But after a while she betrayed her emotions, as tears trickled down her cheeks saying, “ all these would not have happened if my father were alive.

After his death two years ago, my mother and four of her children were thrown out of the house my father built because my mother never had a male child. They even said we were all bastards. From that day I vowed never to set my foot in my village again. I do not even want to mention the name. It is in Estsako local government area of Edo State. The money I realize each night even though not too much, is in the bank and pending when it’s enough to take me to school I may not stop this business, I’m sorry to say.”

The lady’s confession was interrupted by a woman who from all indication looked like someone that needed to pour her mind out. The woman who gave her name as Mrs Esasonye blamed her present state in the harsh economy.

“If things were okay economically I would not have been into this mess. I lost my husband about five years ago and that left me with a responsibility too much to shoulder. After the death of my husband, I relocated to the village where I ventured into clothes business with the money I realized from my late husband’s friends. I later left my five children in Benin with my mother for Lagos when business was not making headway. I started hawking second hand clothes and was patronized by some of these girls in a brothel in Dopemu. From there, I never knew what got over me and in order to meet up with the financial challenges, especially my children’s school fees, I joined the girls.”

Asked how much she had realized so far, she said, “ I only joined about four months ago and so far, I have used what I realized in paying their school fees. But I promise to go back to Benin immediately I leave here because the shame and disgrace in this prostitution business is more than what one has to bear while struggling to make ends meet.”

Her partner, Mrs Daniels who looked astonishingly pretty, bent her head down after disclosing her name, saying she would not want her face to be shown either on television or on the pages of any newspaper.

On why she decided to toe such path, she said: “Life, my sister, always spring up surprises. My story is not what should be told to any responsible woman. Ordinarily I am not promiscuous. I went into this because of circumstances. When I got married to my husband eight years ago, things seemed okay. We were comfortable as it were and my husband forbade me from working, insisting that I bring forth the number of children we both agreed on before working, though I initially kicked against it because I felt I should be contributing my own quota to the upkeep of the home but he stood his ground.

“Unfortunately, his bank was among those that did not meet up with the N25 billion target and most of them were retrenched. That marked the beginning of the turning point in our marriage. The money he was paid at the end of the day including what he had in the bank was invested in a business that was later realized to be fake. He was duped of over N17 million. Our world literally came to an end. Our children were withdrawn from school because we could no longer pay their school fees. Our personal house was sold because he used it as collateral to borrow some money he put into the business.

“As time went on, our once bubbling home became a shadow of itself as people stopped coming to visit, all our friends deserted us and worse still was that my husband was so shattered that he could not bring himself to look for another job. At a point, he turned against me, saying I was the cause of his woes. He started raising his hands on me out of frustration, a habit he never exhibited even when I wronged him. He called me all sorts of names, saying I was a no good. I was so confused about the whole situation and could not give my children adequate reasons why they had to leave school for a while.

“Then I met a friend who introduced me into this. I don’t live in hotels as others do; my friend would invite me over whenever there were customers. At first it was so disgusting that I almost threw up. But as time went on, I had to close my eyes since what was realized could put food on our table. In four months I realized some money that I used to open a shop and started a petty trade. My children went back to school even though it’s public school. On one of the occasions my husband asked where I got the money from and I told him a friend borrowed me.

“I had proposed in my heart to stop it before September this year because I know it’s not only a taboo in our tradition, God also frowns at it. I know people will blame me after hearing my side of the story, on the grounds that my situation was not a justifiable reason for venturing into such unholy act. But I beg to be forgiven by my husband who is presently out of town and my three children,” she stated passionately and broke down in tears.

Comment: The above stories and more is why the governor and the police are seen to be legislating morality in Lagos.
The menace of prostitution enables other crimes and breed criminals. This has to be addressed.

Sometimes, to combat or arrest a more serious situation, one has to start by fighting what appears to be mundane and unrelated. You cannot perform surgery on a sick man. You have to first cure his hicups before you can operate on him for cancer!

@ seun: I hope this little piece don't make you mad enough to censor it like you did my last write in this thread. Enjoy your power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by Bankole01(m): 5:23pm On Aug 11, 2007
It turned out that most of the women if not all were real prostitutes.

By Evelyn Usman

Ladies of the red light zone, arrested in blistering raids by men of the Lagos Police Command tell tales of how they got   into the world’s oldest profession

They all looked ruffled, though some of them unperturbed at their present states, following the expression on their faces   which spelt nothing but calm and an apparent expectation of freedom. They were of different ages and sizes; some of them   tall, some
short, some fat and some, well, trim. Some looked beautiful while others fit into into any description. They were   alleged commercial sex workers who were picked by the monitoring unit of the Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Mr Mohamed   Abubakar from different brothels in the state last week. They were 99 in number.

The arrest, as gathered by Saturday Vanguard, was amongst other things occasioned by confessional statements of some arrested   robbery suspects who revealed that their female friends who are mostly commercial sex workers were their armour bearers.   Investigations also showed that over the years, these girls have been planted in many local brothels and big hotels as easy   access to get some victims either assassinated or robbed.

But what kept every one spellbound were the involvement of five women with children in what is regarded as the oldest   profession on earth. More shocking was the realization that two of the women were housewives whose husbands were apparently   oblivious of their vocation. Two teenagers who claimed to be 18 years even when it was glaring that they had not reached that   age were also paraded. Most of them were reportedly lured from their respective villages on the pretext that they were being   brought to big cities like Lagos in search of greener pastures, only to realize they were brought as sex machines to satisfy   the sexual urge of more than three men per night.

Some of them claimed they lost their virginities to those they regarded as strangers while others were brutalized in the   process. About 18 of the suspects who spoke claimed they were students from different tertiary institutions in the federation   and were into the business following the incredible hike in school fees. One of them who identified herself as Scarlet  Onogie  and a final year student of accounting in one of the universities revealed that she reluctantly started the trade  after she  lost her father at the age of 18.  On the part of the married women, they claimed they had to do it because of the  harsh  conditions in the their families. One of them who sobbed uncontrollably, revealed how she was introduced into it by a  friend  two years ago, claiming that it had at least helped in putting food on her family’s table. Excerpts of conversation  with some  of them:

Favour Victor: My name is Favour Victor, I am 18 years old. I was arrested in Molite hotel in Dopemu area of Lagos. I’m from   Akwa-Ibom State. After my primary and secondary school in the village, I was sent to one of my relations in Port Harcourt to   look for job to so I can assist my family. I had barely spent two years in Port Harcourt when my sister and her family   relocated to the USA, and asked me to go back to the village. That was last year.

After spending some months in the village, I was taken to another relative in Uyo where I was sold to a woman I never knew   for N50,000. She brought me to Lagos and put me in a hotel. The first night was like a dream to me because I never expected I   would ever go into prostitution in life, even though I needed money to take care of my siblings back at home. Reluctantly, I   joined and was hoping to quit one day until I was arrested”.

Endurance Francis: “My name is Endurance Francis and I’m 18 years old. I was arrested at Liberty hotel by Cement bus-stop but   I do not know the area because I am new there. A relation, Hope by name brought me from the village to come and help her  sell  in a restaurant. As I was leaving the village, my mother cautioned me against doing anything that would get my guardian  angry  and lead to her sending me back to the village. But I never knew what I was going into until we arrived Lagos and I  got to  know the next day that where my aunt called home was a brothel. Initially I thought it was a public compound because  I have  heard so much about face-me-I face-you buildings in Lagos. But two days after my arrival, a man came into the room I  share  with my aunt and she left both of us inside. To my surprise, the man started handling me and I screamed.

My aunt came in and asked me not to scream that I would enjoy it at the end. That was how I lost my virginity to a total   stranger. That night he paid me N500 but my aunt collected it from me, saying she would be saving it for me. But she never   gave me a kobo till date. After that first encounter, I cried and begged my aunt to take me back to the village. But she   would not, on the grounds that she had no money for transport. She said I needed to raise money for my transport fare if I   wanted to go. That was how I began trading myself for money. I am yet to know how much I’ve so far made. At times I would get   N500 each from three men. At other times when there won’t be business, I would realize N300 a day”
Asked if she if she uses condom to avoid sexual transmitted diseases, she answered in the affirmitive.

On the contrary, Favour’s relative, who simply identified herself as Hope claimed she was not in possession of the teenager’s   money. Rather the 25-year-old lady who said she’d been in the profession for two years stated that “ I actually brought her   from the village and she has been living in the hotel with me. When she came the first time, I was deducting some of her   money as payment for house rent because we pay N2,000 every month. But after she moved into her room I stopped collecting   money from her”.
Asked if she disclosed the type of work she was bringing the teen to do in Lagos to her parents, she kept mute.

In what looked like an arrant display of non-challant attitude towards her involvement, another suspect who refused to   disclose her identity said: “So what if am arrested? Did I kill or steal? Abi no bi my body I dey use?” But after a while she   betrayed her emotions, as tears trickled down her cheeks saying, “ all these would not have happened if my father were  alive.

After his death two years ago, my mother and four of her children were thrown out of the house my father built because my   mother never had a male child. They even said we were all bastards. From that day I vowed never to set my foot in my village   again. I do not even want to mention the name. It is in Estsako local government area of Edo State. The money I realize each   night even though not too much, is in the bank and pending when it’s enough to take me to school I may not stop this   business, I’m sorry to say.”

The lady’s confession was interrupted by a woman who from all indication looked like someone that needed to pour her mind   out. The woman who gave her name as Mrs Esasonye blamed her present state in the harsh economy.

“If things were okay economically I would not have been into this mess. I lost my husband about five years ago and that left   me with a responsibility too much to shoulder. After the death of my husband, I relocated to the village where I ventured   into clothes business with the money I realized from my late husband’s friends. I later left my five children in Benin with   my mother for Lagos when business was not making headway. I started hawking second hand clothes and was patronized by some of   these girls in a brothel in Dopemu. From there, I never knew what got over me and in order to meet up with the financial   challenges, especially my children’s school fees, I joined the girls.”

Asked how much she had realized so far, she said, “ I only joined about four months ago and so far, I have used what I   realized in paying their school fees. But I promise to go back to Benin immediately I leave here because the shame and   disgrace in this prostitution business is more than what one has to bear while struggling to make ends meet.”

Her partner, Mrs Daniels who looked astonishingly pretty, bent her head down after disclosing her name, saying she would not   want her face to be shown either on television or on the pages of any newspaper.

On why she decided to toe such path, she said: “Life, my sister, always spring up surprises. My story is not what should be   told to any responsible woman. Ordinarily I am not promiscuous. I went into this because of circumstances. When I got married   to my husband eight years ago, things seemed okay. We were comfortable as it were and my husband forbade me from working,   insisting that I bring forth the number of children we both agreed on before working, though I initially kicked against it   because I felt I should be contributing my own quota to the upkeep of the home but he stood his ground.

“Unfortunately, his bank was among those that did not meet up with the N25 billion target and most of them were retrenched.   That marked the beginning of  the turning point in our marriage. The money he was paid at the end of the day including what   he had in the bank was invested in a business that was later realized to be fake. He was duped of over N17 million. Our world   literally came to an end. Our children were withdrawn from school because we could no longer pay their school fees. Our   personal house was sold because he used it as collateral to borrow some money he put into the business.

“As time went on, our once bubbling home became a shadow of itself as people stopped coming to visit, all our friends   deserted us and worse still was that my husband was so shattered that he could not bring himself to look for another job. At   a point, he turned against me, saying I was the cause of his woes. He started raising his hands on me out of frustration, a   habit he never exhibited even when I wronged him. He called me all sorts of names, saying I was a no good. I was so confused   about the whole situation and could not give my children adequate reasons why they had to leave school for a while.

“Then I met a friend who introduced me into this. I don’t live in hotels as others do; my friend would invite me over   whenever there were customers. At first it was so disgusting that I almost threw up. But as time went on, I had to close my   eyes since what was realized could put food on our table. In four months I realized some money that I used to open a shop and   started a petty trade. My children went back to school even though it’s public school. On one of the occasions my husband   asked where I got the money from and I told him a friend borrowed me.

“I had proposed in my heart to stop it before September this year because I know it’s not only a taboo in our tradition, God   also frowns at it. I know people will blame me after hearing my side of the story, on the grounds that my situation was not a   justifiable reason for venturing into such unholy act. But I beg to be forgiven by my husband who is presently out of town   and my three children,” she stated passionately and broke down in tears.

Comment: The above stories and more is why the governor and the police are seen to be legislating morality in Lagos.
The menace of prostitution enables other crimes and breed criminals. This has to be addressed.

Sometimes, to combat or arrest a more serious situation, one has to start by fighting what appears to be mundane and unrelated.  You cannot perform surgery on a sick man. You have to first cure his hicups before you can operate on him for cancer!

@ seun: I hope this little piece don't make you mad enough to censor it like you did my last write in this thread. Enjoy your power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by Afam(m): 6:46pm On Aug 11, 2007
Thank you Bankole01.

Jackal:

Its pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!
This is supposed to be the 21st century and Nigeria still lives like cave-men.
How can u arrest someone for indecent dressing?
Granted, indecent exposure is unlawful but indecent dressing?
Fashola is a pillock.

Indecent exposure is unlawful but indecent dressing isn't?

Na wah ooo.

Person wey use cloth cover hin body well well fit dey guilty of indecent exposure?

Me, I no understand this your logic.

Abi we go wait till women begin waka for road without even bra or pant sef?
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by Jackal(m): 12:08am On Aug 12, 2007
@ Afam.

Indecent exposure=when a woman is caught stark naked in public.
Indecent dressing= undefined!!!!!! What is indecent to me could be decent to u. Geddit?
The sights of buck-naked mad men/women walking the streets of Lagos are acceptable and NOT seen as INDECENT.
Yet, the authorities are locking up women wearing mini-skirts and tank-tops. How sick is this Governor?
The unbearable temperature of Lagos is enough excuse/reason for these women to wear anything skimpy so Fashola should control his congy.

How does what women wear better the lives of Nigerians?
Who cares if women wears bra or thong when millions of Nigerians are shackled in the poverty bracket?
Why so much fuss about the dressing of women as if this would solve the overall problems of Nigerians as a whole.
If Fashola aint a pillock then the word should be re-defined.

How can a governor be concerned about how women dresses?
For fucck's sake . . . . . .after 47 years of independence, is this what Nigerian men are cheering?
The priorities have changed from fighting bribery and corruption to fighting prostitution.
Think about it . . . . . .If there r no men patronising these ladies of the night, would there even be a business?
Prostitution is the oldest profession and there's no country in the world that the vice aint practised.

Fashola must be a pervert.
When a governor changes his priority from bettering the livelihood of his citizens to locking up women then he should see his SHRINK.
Prostitution has been in existence before Fashola was conceived by his mother so its not a WAR he can fight.
The Governor should tackle the problems facing Lagosians as a whole and stop chasing shadows chasing whores.
I cannot imagine how the whole world would be laughing at Nigeria with this disgusting law.
Fashola is a PIG.
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by kitaun(m): 12:20am On Aug 12, 2007
and Jackal is a DOG tongue grin grin
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by Jackal(m): 12:41am On Aug 12, 2007
@ KIT,

U are a PLONKER.
Probably Fashola is greasing ur ass.
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by omoge(f): 12:04pm On Aug 12, 2007
@ Jackal, you made a good point there. honestly there are many things they should be focusing on.

Well such is life in motherland.
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 12, 2007
Na waa 4 this idiot police people,
Make dem leave this poor lads alone, go fight arm robbers wey dey chase dem enter barracks.
which one again be sey those women dress indecent, why then, they dey parade them for media.
see how stupid nigeria police bi. dem sey e no good for public. dem still dey show public.
If a woman won naked, na her problem. when she catch cold she go look for cloth.
police only dey look where dem go get bribe, cos without bribe dem go face hunger
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by kitaun(m): 11:40pm On Aug 12, 2007
@Jackal

accepted AM A PLONKER cool

doesnt it take a very good PLONKER to identify one of its type tongue tongue

I wonder why u are trying to feel funky in here, must feel like fish out of water for u innit? undecided

Fashola aint greasing my ass, and if he were, am sure u would love to be in my shoes, dont ya? wink cool
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by spoilt(f): 11:51pm On Aug 12, 2007
i wish the police would take to the streets with such gusto to arrest real criminals. flexing their muscles on defenceless women will help no one. angry
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by debosky(m): 12:00am On Aug 13, 2007
no mind them, see as militants dey kick their arses for P/H day and night for the past couple of days, dem no go arrest those ones o!

foolish people angry
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by Jackal(m): 12:30am On Aug 13, 2007
@ KIT,

Its refreshing u have admitted to being a PLONKER.
I rest ma case . . . . . . . . .Fashola is def'ly greasing ur ass.
How a straight-thinking man would support Fashola's moves in arresting women defies all logic reasoning.
Dangerous bandits lurk around the highways robbing innocent citizens of their belongings but Fashola cant be bovvered about it.
His erections are on women that wear INDECENT clothes. Wasting man power and public funds on a lost cause.
Uncle Kit, this uncle of urs is a ninny. Y'all should find hin good advisers.
I hope he doesn't ban y'all geezers from wearing tight-fitting jeans because ur genitals seem to be bulging. grin grin grin grin grin
Governor Fashola is a self-servicer. I pray he comes on BEN TV soon to open his mouth and spew fucck-all.
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by kitaun(m): 1:15am On Aug 13, 2007
Mr Ignoranus, u obviously were looking 4 me, checked my previous posts and jumped in here . . . Mumu!! Is Fashola the CP of Police? U knuckeheaded mofo!!
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by Nobody: 1:22am On Aug 13, 2007
you guys are spoiling the thread now!.
I have an idea,go lift some weights or something smiley
and use that excess testosterone
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by kitaun(m): 1:34am On Aug 13, 2007
Baby . .best believe Jackal and I do this often, its nuthin' serious and we r best of pals.
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by Nobody: 1:35am On Aug 13, 2007
kitaun:

Baby . .best believe Jackal and I do this often, its nuthin' serious and we r best of pals.

my mouth shut up.
make una carry on. smiley
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by lilvonz(m): 11:37pm On Aug 24, 2007
i support the lagos government.
i wonder how year 2020 will be?
we'll have to walk with our eyez closed. grin
Re: 90 Nigerian Women Arrested For Indecent Dressing In Lagos. by adebisi1(m): 1:56pm On Aug 25, 2007
Good nija woman should try and lean how to dress nice i mean hot dressing not like villagers again lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Abandoning Nnamdi Kanu May Haunt South-east Leaders In 2019 — Pat Utomi / Peter Obi, Jesus Or Judas: What Lies Ahead For Labour Party By Abasifreke Odion / Ihejirika Debunks Reported Arrest by DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.