Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,462 members, 7,846,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 08:01 AM

The Consensus Against Tinubu - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Consensus Against Tinubu (27902 Views)

Breaking News : Tinubu Chosen As The Consensus APC / GEJ Is The Consensus Candidate Of Aso Rock Cabals / Repudiating The Article “the Consensus Against Tinubu” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by derecho(m): 11:03am On Mar 05, 2022
You started well but spoilt everything with the bolded.
One of Tinubu's problems is his arrogance. Did you see him recently at the Ooni's palace?
One thing is sacrosanct. "God resists the proud and gives Grace to the humble"
I'm no longer worried at who becomes president but the earlier Jagaban learns humility, the better for him.
Charly68:
Let everyone be writting what they like , only God will decide who to govern Nigeria .. no matter the decision made by anyone.. God has several ways of solving a problem for his own. Apart from this God has customized solution to every problem.. read 1Cor 10:13 ... Jagaban has nothing to worry about
.. only God shall take the glory not man
Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by Devil1Messenger: 11:04am On Mar 05, 2022
shinealight:

He played a critical role by bringing five governors to the Merger! Do you know what a Merger is? ….it means completely giving up your own identity and showing the willingness to subsume your personal preferences under someone else’s dictation. It was a major sacrifice ….which he may even be regretting now considering the way he’s being treated.
You are merely talking about individual influences which may also count for something as every support is worthy of note but all those individual contributions are as Nothing when it comes to birthing a new enterprise or organisation.
It is like disputing the role of a Woman in childbirth and saying that the father and the rest of the family also helped. Yes, no doubt….but the Woman who goes into labour and voluntarily puts herself between life and death can never be pushed aside!!
Let me make a clearer picture of what happened in 2015 to you.
Yes he brought 5 states with a combined votes of not upto 2million. Yes he tried.
Now in 2015, Amechi was the gov of river state and chairman of Nigeria govs forum and he relinquished his state to APC. Babagida Aliu was the gov of Niger state and chairman northern gov forum, he didn't decamped to APC but was a mole in PDP then of which he still says till today that he worked for APC in 2015 why he was in PDP. Saraki was the Senate president and he made gov Ahmed the gov of kwara state then so they both decamped to APC, tambuwal was speaker of house of rep and wamako was sokoto state gov( they are both from sokoto) they decamped to APC, adamawa, bauchi, jigawa, etc govs den they all followed the nPDP den and decamped to APC. Dakwabo stay back in PDP to act as a mole. The list is endless my guy .
Even buhari knows all these. Amechi might not have delivered river state but the money he brought was just too much. Tinubu can only claim a little credit in 2019. But u see 2015, he only played a part my dear
Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:08am On Mar 05, 2022
seunmsg:

Wike singlehandedly appointed Secondus as the national chairman of PDP but it was Atiku that emerged as the candidate of the party against the desire of Wike.
I guess Wike and Buhari are in the same boat.
This is even funny comparing Buhari to Wike.
Buhari got rid of Oshiomole and planted Buni for two years going. Wike nearly pulled down the roof before he could get rid of Secondus. And he couldn't replace him with his preferred candidate.
Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by Devil1Messenger: 11:10am On Mar 05, 2022
SIRTee15:

Your argument has nothing to do with tinubu 2023 ambition. It's to make it clear that the single most significant factor that made buhari president in 2015 was Tinubu.
Buhari has been winning northern states prior to 2015 but couldn't become president. Fact.
Tinubu changed his story. Fact.
I'm not wrong because facts don't lie.
Tinubu changed his story by giving him votes not upto 2million? shocked grin. Joke of the year
If he was dat so important to buhari during the 2015 election, why was the wife crying upandan that his husband have being sidelined after the election and even down to 2018 before some of the new PDP guys left.
The reason tinubu still have a little say in APC was because of what happened in 2019 when 50% of the nPDP guys left. If not, tinubu would just have been one of them. That is the fact. Atiku, kwakwaso, saraki, and tinubu can't be in the same party and tinubu will be making noise. They will seat him down.
To tell how powerful the new nPDP guys were den. After buhari election when they wanted to elect principal officers in the national assembly, didn't u see what happened? Where all tinubu boys were defeated then. U will never see dat or where too young den
Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:13am On Mar 05, 2022
SIRTee15:

Which npdp gov..people that lost their states to buhari in 2011.
Pls go and check the 2011 election result. Buhari won kano, Kaduna, Katsina, gombe, adamawa, zamfara, yobe, bauchi, jigawa, niger, sokoto. It doesn't matter if the gov were pdp or not. He cleared most northern states yet couldn't become president.

In 2015, Tinubu used the media to rebrand and introduced buhari to Nigerians as a reformist n a genuine nationalist who has the magic broom to instill discipline and defeat corruption. All of a sudden we started hearing buhari driver is ibo, his cook is from calabar, he allowed his daughter to marry benue man. Gullible nigerians swallowed the bull.shit sold by Tinubu. That was the game changer.

Tinubu also used his influence to ensure foreign powers back buhari. Foreign powers made it clear to Jonathan he wasn't coming back.
Below is the picture of USA foreign secretary meeting with opposition stalwarts in 2015 prior to the election. Where are your so called northern npdp gov.

Funny thing is when u guys want to curse buhari for messing up nigerians, u suddenly remember it was tinubu that forced him on nigerians.

I don't like tinubu and I hope he's disappointed in 2023 but yes he made buhari president. Fact.

You mean Tinubu facilitated this meeting?
Did he also facilitate the one Kerry went to meet in Sokoto?
Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by Nobody: 11:21am On Mar 05, 2022
a4cube:
Why did Tinubu not make Atiku and Ribadu president?

Did he try to make them President, with all he had as he did with Buhari, or did he just provide a platform for them to run on? Big difference.

Those who can detach sentiments and emotions from their analysis of Nigerian politics, especially the concept that it is about permanent interest, will have no problem understanding how politics work in Nigeria.
Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by seunmsg(m): 11:24am On Mar 05, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

I guess Wike and Buhari are in the same boat.
This is even funny comparing Buhari to Wike.
Buhari got rid of Oshiomole and planted Buni for two years going. Wike nearly pulled down the roof before he could get rid of Secondus. And he couldn't replace him with his preferred candidate.

No need for any further back and forth, let’s wait till the presidential convention of the party is held.
Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by shinealight(m): 11:30am On Mar 05, 2022
Devil1Messenger:

Let me make a clearer picture of what happened in 2015 to you.
Yes he brought 5 states with a combined votes of not upto 2million. Yes he tried.
Now in 2015, Amechi was the gov of river state and chairman of Nigeria govs forum and he relinquished his state to APC. Babagida Aliu was the gov of Niger state and chairman northern gov forum, he didn't decamped to APC but was a mole in PDP then of which he still says till today that he worked for APC in 2015 why he was in PDP. Saraki was the Senate president and he made gov Ahmed the gov of kwara state then so they both decamped to APC, tambuwal was speaker of house of rep and wamako was sokoto state gov( they are both from sokoto) they decamped to APC, adamawa, bauchi, jigawa, etc govs den they all followed the nPDP den and decamped to APC. Dakwabo stay back in PDP to act as a mole. The list is endless my guy .
Even buhari knows all these. Amechi might not have delivered river state but the money he brought was just too much. Tinubu can only claim a little credit in 2019. But u see 2015, he only played a part my dear

No point in going further into this as we have differing perceptions on the issue. You simply do not understand the concept of Merger and what it entails but keep citing contributions of certain individuals who have since taken to their heels because they had nothing permanent at stake, while the true Merger partners appreciate the near permanence of the relationship and are therefore showing greater commitment!
Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by wonder233: 11:30am On Mar 05, 2022
My friend you better respect yourself, who told you Nigerians want a better Nigeria? So if dem leave you, you will make Nigeria better? Watch how they will stone you. Nigerians want to continually hate themselves and do all they can to fight along ethnic, religious and political lines. They don't want anything else
FILEBE:
Na wa o.

I I don't think Nigerians want a better Nigeria. How can we be torn into having to choose from two political parties to rule us while we have lots of others. We say things like, " I have to choose which is the lesser devil". Do you have to settle for a devil?

Look beyond! You will find an angel!!!!

That was how we settled for lesser devil between Gej. and PMB. To tell you the truth , ApC and PdP have nothing to offer Nigerians that they haven't offered us. Yes na. Both parties have tasted power for all we know but see where they all drove Nigeria to?
Security 0
Electricity. 0
Education 0
Corruption 100

Nigerians. Wake up o. Get rid of your sentiments, tribe and religion . Do what is right. Don't wait until you die before you realise being from one tribe ot teligion doesn't draw you closer to God. Let's be humans first
Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by KunleyY19(m): 11:35am On Mar 05, 2022
NaijaCowFarm:
For Tinubu to become president, three people have to either die or become incapacitated before June 28, 2022
i. Buhari
ii Osinbajo
iii. Olusegun Obasanjo
Unfortunately for Tinubu, these men will still be around to attend the inauguration of the next Nigerian president on May 29, 2023

Oshey... God's Secretary.
Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by Bobloco: 11:41am On Mar 05, 2022
drlateef:

If Tinubu takes money, is it not from the IGR increase which was his own creation? Why don’t you ask your Governor to create same IGR, even if he will steal the money

He is not stealing it but "Takes"

Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:41am On Mar 05, 2022
seunmsg:

No need for any further back and forth, let’s wait till the presidential convention of the party is held.
Of course. We shall all witness it.
Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by Dapson73(m): 11:45am On Mar 05, 2022
If you like twist narratives to suit your point.

All I know is Asiwaju is the incoming GCFR.
Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by drlateef: 11:45am On Mar 05, 2022
Bobloco:

He is not stealing it but "Takes"

Lol! Don’t you laugh at yourself?
Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by Devil1Messenger: 11:48am On Mar 05, 2022
shinealight:

No point in going further into this as we have differing perceptions on the issue. You simply do not understand the concept of Merger and what it entails but keep citing contributions of certain individuals who have since taken to their heels because they had nothing permanent at stake, while the true Merger partners appreciate the near permanence of the relationship and are therefore showing greater commitment!
U brought the issue of merger and I explained to u that the merger that formed APC wasn't just CPC and ACN but it was a collection of different parties namely ANPP that brought 2 states, ACN brought 5stats, nPDP brought 6states, CPC brought 1, APGA brought 1. Those were the official parties that formed APC in 2014. Maybe because I didn't break it down that's why u are still confused. Please go back to 2014 to confirmed.
I only digress a little to tell u that among these parties that formed APC, the nPDP were the more influential in making buhari president and not the ACN blocks. I even digress by telling u that why 6govs from nPDP officially joined the merger in 2014, some of other PDP govs stayed back to destabilized PDP from within.
Ok to tell you how influential the nPDP guys was then, during the election of principal officers in the national assembly after the election, they were the ones that controlled the main seats defeating ACN guys.
Tinubu can only make noise in APC because some of those guys have left.
Atiku, kwakwaso, saraki etc can't be in d same party with tinubu and tinubu will be making noise. They will seat him down.
Hope u get my point now?

1 Like

Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by Bobloco: 11:54am On Mar 05, 2022
grin
Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by Devil1Messenger: 11:59am On Mar 05, 2022
SIRTee15:

Which npdp gov..people that lost their states to buhari in 2011.
Pls go and check the 2011 election result. Buhari won kano, Kaduna, Katsina, gombe, adamawa, zamfara, yobe, bauchi, jigawa, niger, sokoto. It doesn't matter if the gov were pdp or not. He cleared most northern states yet couldn't become president.

In 2015, Tinubu used the media to rebrand and introduced buhari to Nigerians as a reformist n a genuine nationalist who has the magic broom to instill discipline and defeat corruption. All of a sudden we started hearing buhari driver is ibo, his cook is from calabar, he allowed his daughter to marry benue man. Gullible nigerians swallowed the bull.shit sold by Tinubu. That was the game changer.

Tinubu also used his influence to ensure foreign powers back buhari. Foreign powers made it clear to Jonathan he wasn't coming back.
Below is the picture of USA foreign secretary meeting with opposition stalwarts in 2015 prior to the election. Where are your so called northern npdp gov.

Funny thing is when u guys want to curse buhari for messing up nigerians, u suddenly remember it was tinubu that forced him on nigerians.

I don't like tinubu and I hope he's disappointed in 2023 but yes he made buhari president. Fact.
The same nPDP guys make sure none of Tinubu person got the seat of Senate president and speaker of house of reps when they were around
Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by Bobloco: 12:00pm On Mar 05, 2022
drlateef:

Lol! Don’t you laugh at yourself?

No! I should be laughing at you because to you he is not stealing it but "Takes"

Lagos State is strategically located to make the kind of money it is making and would have made even more with or without Tinubu becoming the governor.
But you have cunningly refused to see any thing wrong with Tinubu cornering more than half of what Lagos State generates, his wife a perpetual senator, the daughter the iyaloja of all the markets in Lagos State, the son is in charge of all adverts placements in Lagos State.
You say he is progressive.
Please describe him as a typical greedy politician he is simply
Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by highskies(m): 12:03pm On Mar 05, 2022
Very good summary. Are you a journalist? Lolz

CatANDratTHEORY:
For those who couldn't read through, here is the summary.

The article says that despite the role played by Sen. Tinubu in bringing Gen. Buhari to power, that Buhari isn't willing to reciprocate the gesture to Tinubu.

How do we know? Buhari's appointment of Sen. Abdullahi as the APC chairman spells doom for Sen. Tinubu.

The article says that the kingmaker has resigned himself to fate. Indeed, to the distress of some political commentators Tinubu has reduced himself, running around in a way not fitting for a kingmaker of his status.

The article also says that unlike those that came before Gen. Buhari, that the general controls the utmost power in APC. There are no alternative power centres within APC. The general will always have his way.
Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by aviara: 12:07pm On Mar 05, 2022
As it appears now, Tinubu may not be allowed to buy APC presidential ticket
Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by Nobody: 12:09pm On Mar 05, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

His absence is also a sign of backing down hope you know

I thought you have upgraded yourself, you refuse to learn and think critically. I have never expected you to dwell much on an editorial opinion of a journalist over a subject that ought to be classified "Top Secret" but now made opened in the public.

There are so many things I have to say but they may be offensive, I reserved my comment.
Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by aviara: 12:12pm On Mar 05, 2022
Tinubu is the godfather of Lagos politics, whose decisions and choices must not be opposed. It is good he is also getting the same treatment from Buhari as regards his presidential ambition. In this life be careful of the seeds you sow. You may not reap WHERE you sow but must will reap WHAT you sow.
Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by aviara: 12:14pm On Mar 05, 2022
The aspect of the article that got me so much is " Tinubu running helter skelter seeking support and endorsements from people who he once disdained. This life?
Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by CatANDratTHEORY: 12:15pm On Mar 05, 2022
highskies:
Very good summary. Are you a journalist? Lolz

No sir/ma.
I'm a Civil Engineer.
Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by aviara: 12:21pm On Mar 05, 2022
A kingmaker looking for help to become a king. Can't Tinubu use all his influence to become president of Nigeria without jumping from one place to another begging for support? You will over rate yourself to be very powerful and influential, until the people supporting you withdraw their support.
Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by Nobody: 12:27pm On Mar 05, 2022
Bobloco:

No! I should be laughing at you because to you he is not stealing it but "Takes"

Lagos State is strategically located to make the kind of money it is making and would have made even more with or without Tinubu becoming the governor.
But you have cunningly refused to see any thing wrong with Tinubu cornering more than half of what Lagos State generates, his wife a perpetual senator, the daughter the iyaloja of all the markets in Lagos State, the son is in charge of all adverts placements in Lagos State.

No matter how bitter you are, he is not stealing. Your type can die, nobody cares. Your type accused Obasanjo of spending $18 billion dollars on power (exaggerated figure). They have forgotten how many power stations constructed, how many under construction, population increases, outdated equipment in power stations and increase in power demand.

They forgot Obj met $5.5 billion in reserve as at May 29, 1999. They forgot lot of money used to service debt and forgot estimated $60 billion in reserve and other investment. Talking about Obj spending $18 billion on power. They forgot to calculate how much a government that sell crude from $108 per barrel in 2008 to over $130 per barrel in 2013 and still spent almost $30 billion out of Obj savings spent on power. Till date nobody is calculating that. The same is applicable to Tinubu.

You can die because of Tinubu, nobody cares, if you have a case go to EFÇC.

1 Like

Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by Sunnyja: 12:40pm On Mar 05, 2022
ogododo:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/03/the-consensus-against-tinubu/
Watch as some online urchins will blame Kanu and IPOB for this now!
Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by Sunnyja: 12:42pm On Mar 05, 2022
CatANDratTHEORY:

But the emir of Katsina, the obas in Yoruba land and the agberos of Lagos have endorsed him.
Emir of Kastina? Hope is not the same one that turbaned Ameachi?
Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by Nobody: 12:50pm On Mar 05, 2022
Sunnyja:
Emir of Kastina? Hope is not the same one that turbaned Ameachi?

Young man. Amaechi was turbaned for Railway line to Niger Republic and University of Transport. Ordinary man on the streets of Katsina don't know Amaechi.
Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by COMPAQ(m): 12:50pm On Mar 05, 2022
CatANDratTHEORY:

But the emir of Katsina, the obas in Yoruba land and the agberos of Lagos have endorsed him.

The first step is party primaries. These people don't matter at this stage. Obas and the like are more useful if one has secured the party ticket.

For primaries, the governors are more important.
Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by drlateef: 12:55pm On Mar 05, 2022
Bobloco:

What’s this nonsense about Lagos being strategically located? Which State in Nigeria is not strategically located to make money? Dubai was a desert, now a mega city. Because the leaders are thinking and determined to make a change. Before Tinubu came to power as governor, was the IGR not very low? Was Lagos not strategically located before Tinubu came in? What neophyte thinking is this strategic location? Are other states not have resources they can tap. Is Kaduna State strategically located as well? Is that why their IGR is also increased massively? When you are the lapdog of thieves masquerading as governors in your states, how would you blame them?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

You Cannot Crush Anybody, Only God Can - Secondus Dares Wike / APC Campaign In Gombe- Live Updates / Jonathan's Campaign Billboard Burnt In Abuja After Poll Shift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.