Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,452 members, 7,846,893 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 06:16 AM

Nursing Mother Loses Her 3-Month-Old Baby At A Crèche - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nursing Mother Loses Her 3-Month-Old Baby At A Crèche (27267 Views)

Los Angeles Police Officers Help Woman Deliver Baby At Gas Station (video) / COVID-19 Patient Delivered Of A Baby At LUTH / IUD Turns Woman's Ovary To Black, Loses Her Legs (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nursing Mother Loses Her 3-Month-Old Baby At A Crèche by akinade28(f): 8:33am On Mar 07, 2022
lagosrd:
Hopeless mothers everywhere. So what is her gain now after labouring fo 9months and she couldn't wait for just 6months to make sure the baby is matured enough to stay without the mother.

Everything is not evil spirit as we can always avoid catastrophe like this.
3month old baby, that woman will leave my house. The work she went for now , she won't be able to do , even the money she makes there will be spent be her alone in most cases.

This is a good example to other young ladies to allow their children to grow before returning to work. If the work will not allow you take care of your kids, abeg find alternative one.

The very careless and hopeless creche too also ignorantly left the poor child to die and they couldn't explain. No even in this yahoo days I can never leave any of my children to complete strangers Never.

Meanwhile, if your pick your child at the creche and there is a pattern of always sleeping abeg go straight into the class of the teacher , open her bag and see what she has been giving them.
Do you know some careers give as low as 6 weeks maternity leave to women or else forget about your Job?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nursing Mother Loses Her 3-Month-Old Baby At A Crèche by buJu234: 8:33am On Mar 07, 2022
I think the mother indirectly killed her child

why will u drop a 3-month-old with a 3rd party? even a 6 month sef is a no no..

the babe's immune system is still building up..
Re: Nursing Mother Loses Her 3-Month-Old Baby At A Crèche by Acidosis(m): 8:37am On Mar 07, 2022
utenwuson:
Three month baby in school already?

Imagine. It's only a matter of time women will begin to enrol their fetuses and baby bump in school. What kind of work will make you dump a 3 month old baby in school? If your career did not stop you from having sex, then your career should give room for you to take care of your child.

1 Like

Re: Nursing Mother Loses Her 3-Month-Old Baby At A Crèche by Ladycewhy(f): 8:38am On Mar 07, 2022
Codebite:
Why are people in so much hurry to get back to work after giving birth, so three months old now have access to creche? Wow I never knew

Sorry mama, it's quite painful, I can't begin to imagine her pain and the numerous what ifs going through her mind right now.

If she doesn't work she is lazy ,if she works she is after money. With the current situation of things in the country and men constantly hounding women to bring something to the table, it's appalling that you will still somehow find a way to blame the woman. Spits.

3 Likes

Re: Nursing Mother Loses Her 3-Month-Old Baby At A Crèche by Ladycewhy(f): 8:39am On Mar 07, 2022
Acidosis:

Imagine. It's only a matter of time women will begin to enrol their fetuses and baby bump in school. What kind of work will make you dump a 3 month old baby in school? If your career did not stop you from having sex, then your career should give room for you to take care of your child.
You should ask what kind of man will allow his wife go back to work if he was providing. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nursing Mother Loses Her 3-Month-Old Baby At A Crèche by Acidosis(m): 8:43am On Mar 07, 2022
Ladycewhy:
You should ask what kind of man will allow his wife go back to work if he was providing. undecided

You should ask what kind of woman marries or have sex with an irresponsible man.

1 Like

Re: Nursing Mother Loses Her 3-Month-Old Baby At A Crèche by IbileIfe: 8:44am On Mar 07, 2022
Overdosed on sleeping pills.
Re: Nursing Mother Loses Her 3-Month-Old Baby At A Crèche by Angy55(f): 8:45am On Mar 07, 2022
What is a 3 month old baby doing in a creche?
Re: Nursing Mother Loses Her 3-Month-Old Baby At A Crèche by Ladycewhy(f): 8:45am On Mar 07, 2022
Acidosis:

You should ask what kind of woman marries or have sex with an irresponsible man.
Lol one way it just has to be a woman's fault.

Now it's her fault for being married to an irresponsible man. Well we can both agree on one thing tho, the man is an irresponsible Nigerian man.

5 Likes

Re: Nursing Mother Loses Her 3-Month-Old Baby At A Crèche by IbileIfe: 8:47am On Mar 07, 2022
If you cannot sit down to care for your children, don't even get pregnant.
Creches in NIgeria are run by unqualified people who just want money from irresponsible mothers.

2 Likes

Re: Nursing Mother Loses Her 3-Month-Old Baby At A Crèche by HRHQueenPhil(f): 8:50am On Mar 07, 2022
IbileIfe:
If you cannot sit down to care for your children, don't even get pregnant.
Creches in NIgeria are run by unqualified people who just want money from irresponsible mothers.
U are actually right,as painful as it sounds
They are not qualified and parents don't have the money to pay the professionals or it's not even close to them
I pray they can bear this loss

1 Like

Re: Nursing Mother Loses Her 3-Month-Old Baby At A Crèche by Acidosis(m): 8:50am On Mar 07, 2022
Ladycewhy:
Lol one way it just has to be a woman's fault.

Now it's her fault for being married to an irresponsible man. Well we can both agree on one thing tho, the man is an irresponsible Nigerian man.

I didn't read anything about the man. You brought the man into the picture because like you have already conditioned your mind, a man is definitely behind the wrong decisions of a woman.
Re: Nursing Mother Loses Her 3-Month-Old Baby At A Crèche by Ladycewhy(f): 8:51am On Mar 07, 2022
Acidosis:

I didn't read anything about the man. You brought the man into the picture because like you have already conditioned your mind, a man is definitely behind the wrong decisions of a woman.

K.

1 Like

Re: Nursing Mother Loses Her 3-Month-Old Baby At A Crèche by osazsky(m): 8:52am On Mar 07, 2022
farmfuseagros:

Lmao.
So you haven't heard of cases where a child was poisoned to death by babysitters
So your wife allowed people she barely knows all in the name of church to come and stay in her house for 8months?? Letting your new born baby in the hands of stranger because of "church"
You are not different from the mother who dropped her baby off at a creche because anything could have happened.
So are you saying your wife doesn't have siblings to stay with her too that she had to use church members?
madam if u like go drop ur child of 1month in sch wat is my biz.but just like these case if u run to nairaland i dont have any rip to waste in d future i am just telling u now
Re: Nursing Mother Loses Her 3-Month-Old Baby At A Crèche by JayPeeOham: 8:55am On Mar 07, 2022
All these people asking about how she's going to feed herself bla bla bla .. if she was given a leave in her company then she would get paid.

And she's supposed to be given at least 6months anything short of that means the company has provision for creche internally should Incase the nursing mother is expected to resume work.

1 Like

Re: Nursing Mother Loses Her 3-Month-Old Baby At A Crèche by Preciousppearl(f): 9:01am On Mar 07, 2022
[quote author=obonujoker post=110814600]3 months old baby at creche, because of yeye work.... lol...

God will give you another one Ma... just have faith, and be more careful this time....[/quoteNo child replaces another please. The pain stays.
Re: Nursing Mother Loses Her 3-Month-Old Baby At A Crèche by Acidosis(m): 9:02am On Mar 07, 2022
showafrica:
This work of a thing is over rated. Ask her how is her take home, you will hear 45k or highest 80k. Less than 200$ in the name of i dont want to be a house wife . My brothers, hustle oo, make them no use ur pikin gamble. Marry a house wife... Who is ready to take care of ur children during the first 6 yrs of marriage at least and open a side business for her. After nursing all your children, she can then look for a work of her choice and work for fun. Why should I marry someone who is always rushing out every morning and coming back late, taking orders from one idiot as boss? It doesn't make sense to me. I rather keep numerous baby mamas

Na herd mentality.

2 Likes

Re: Nursing Mother Loses Her 3-Month-Old Baby At A Crèche by NoToPile: 9:04am On Mar 07, 2022
Hypocrites on NL.

They are blaming the woman for dropping a baby at the creche when everybody knows majority of companies don't give more than 3 months leave.

The same set of people will be asking what she brings to the table. ' I cannot marry a liability', I cannot marry a woman not working '' we have to share bills' yenyenyen

Make enough money then your wife can take care of the child for at least 6 months or put the baby in a very good daycare with more qualified care givers.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nursing Mother Loses Her 3-Month-Old Baby At A Crèche by elantraceey(f): 9:07am On Mar 07, 2022
akinade28:

Do you know some careers give as low as 6 weeks maternity leave to women or else forget about your Job?

I'll gladly tender my resignation letter. All this slave trade in the name of a job.
Re: Nursing Mother Loses Her 3-Month-Old Baby At A Crèche by NoToPile: 9:08am On Mar 07, 2022
showafrica:

No, assuming what the guy wanted was just children without responsibility... Lol. I think the lazy men dont like the burden that comes with it hence they want a working class woman who will give birth and still take care of the child and family. I blame the women for marrying such gold diggers. Like someone said, any work that won't give you 6 months maternity leave is slavery.

Yeah right the first bolded are plenty on NL.

Point is its only Govt work that gives 6 months fully paid mat leave, at least to the best of my knowledge. I know a bank that gives 5 monthsfully paid.

Most organizations give 3 months max, this is where majority fall under hence the problem. Some even give lesser and some with no pay if you exceed 6 weeks, people are suffering in this country sha.

3 Likes

Re: Nursing Mother Loses Her 3-Month-Old Baby At A Crèche by mooretes: 9:11am On Mar 07, 2022
Na wa o! Most comments here ehn!

Mother is irresponsible... mother indirectly killed her baby ...what is a 3 month old doing in a creche? 3mth old still needs to be breastfed! Companies give awful maternity.. why have baby if you're not ready to care for them? keep baby with family member in the car!!!

Well we don't know what happened and everyone
is just SPECULATING ATM! Whilst it is sad to lose a child of any age ... however the child died is not the point here but SHE LOST THE BABY!

sm1 mentioned he was given paternity for 4 months .. the coy must be generous cos even UK gives only 2 weeks!

others say what is a 3mth doing in creche... well I know some creche will accept from 6weeks

sm said babies still need to be breastfed at that age ... do you know that not all women can breastfeed? And they should not be shamed for it

one person mentioned keep baby in car with sibling... have u thought of the fact the baby can die from overheating? You do not leave a baby in the car under scorching heat with another 'child' that's not ideal

If the creche indeed have no clue what could have happened .. like sm1 mentioned SID could be the culprit but also to be safe we need to put proper regulations and checks on for places such as this ... have they got the correct safety measures ... are the people properly trained ... not just looking after a child but do they know how to administer first aid, baby and child CPR? are the rooms used dedicated to certain age groups? For instance under 1s or is it under 2s have a room and also the number they take shouldn't be more than staff they have ... surely the under 2s need more attention hence the ratio of staff to children should be 1 staff member to 3 kids, 1 staff member to 4kids 2years, 3-5year olds has 1staff to 8kids
But then are there any guidelines for such? Are the providers registered? Do we know how many children are registered under them? That's the kind of conversation that needs to go on and we need to do better

No matter what we say here the child cannot be brought back to life ... the woman will be grieving and will not forgive herself for taking the baby to creche ... heck her husband might hate her for this! Afterall said and done, we should be mindful of our utterances.. think in light of a situation and stop apportioning blame

May God console the woman and her family

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nursing Mother Loses Her 3-Month-Old Baby At A Crèche by akinade28(f): 9:11am On Mar 07, 2022
elantraceey:

I'll gladly tender my resignation letter. All this slave trade in the name of a job.

That means you have other ways/ options to sustain yourself, so others don't. It just the sad reality that some women find themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Nursing Mother Loses Her 3-Month-Old Baby At A Crèche by Yeesh(f): 9:12am On Mar 07, 2022
farmfuseagros:

Possibly a case of SIDS
But proper investigation should be done
Any baby less than 1year is at that risk

Oh ok. Just learning about that today

Now that’s scary
Re: Nursing Mother Loses Her 3-Month-Old Baby At A Crèche by bigjackass: 9:13am On Mar 07, 2022
Yeesh:
What do the crèche people mean by they don’t know what happened??
Are they saying the baby was fully active and breathing all through the day but all of that stopped when the mother came to pick him up?? sad
Just because a creche is involved doesn't mean they are guilty. We have seen cases of babies that just slept and didn't wake up again right there in their parents home. Death can occur unforseen anywhere
Re: Nursing Mother Loses Her 3-Month-Old Baby At A Crèche by Deltatoto: 9:15am On Mar 07, 2022
thesicilian:
What's a 3 month old baby doing at a crèche?
where will u keep the baby?or she should stop work?what is wrong with u guys.every baby goes to crèche these days.

5 Likes

Re: Nursing Mother Loses Her 3-Month-Old Baby At A Crèche by NoToPile: 9:15am On Mar 07, 2022
Acidosis:

You are supposed to know better and it's not school technically, it's meant to be a baby care center.

Blame the system/economy and possibly the creche, not necessarily the mother.

4 Likes

Re: Nursing Mother Loses Her 3-Month-Old Baby At A Crèche by elantraceey(f): 9:17am On Mar 07, 2022
akinade28:

That means you have other ways/ options to sustain yourself, so others don't. It just the sad reality of some women find themselves.

It's quite sad. Reason why as a single lady I'm working tirelessly into getting multiple streams of income including those that won't require me leaving my house. I'm not even the 9-5 type in the first place. I'm just currently looking for one to have some corporate experience in my books.

Career ladies that intend to have children should know how to plan ahead at least 6 months after delivery for child's expenses before they think of getting pregnant. Little babies needs utmost motherly attention and care at those infant stages of their lives and shouldn't be traded for anything else.

1 Like

Re: Nursing Mother Loses Her 3-Month-Old Baby At A Crèche by jeff1993: 9:22am On Mar 07, 2022
RealBeebay:

DM On Facebook @StarNaijaTv am a publicist and a Developer
.... I can't locate you on facebook
Re: Nursing Mother Loses Her 3-Month-Old Baby At A Crèche by NoToPile: 9:23am On Mar 07, 2022
I hope people do know what to look out for in a creche they want to put their babies, not everywhere called creche is creche, some do hideous things to baby.

This baby may have died from SIDS

Only God can console the mother.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Four Members Of A Family Die After Eating ‘Amala’ In Kogi State / I Want To Be President Of Nigeria One Day - Student With Down Syndrome / These Durex BBM Stickers For Safe Sex Conversation Will Change Your Game...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.