Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,004 members, 7,835,406 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures (54665 Views)

Bride Cancels Wedding In Vom, Jos Over Groom’s Refusal To Leave Family House / Groom Shows Off What He Gave His In-laws For Traditional Wedding In Enugu (Pix) / Terminate My 25-year-old Marriage To Ill-tempered Wife – Pastor Begs Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by heykims(m): 6:32pm On Mar 09, 2022
I'd like to know please, how much does the court charge for registry marriage?
Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by RPG2020(m): 6:34pm On Mar 09, 2022
Solsix:
My kind of wedding. What is the poster above saying??no be everybody wants his or her event loud. There are people who don't like crowd I am one of them.

Me too cool

1 Like

Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by jeff1607(m): 6:35pm On Mar 09, 2022
And traditional wedding cost nko?
Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by Alexgeneration(m): 6:36pm On Mar 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
At least make an effort as far as the law over this society and traditions which you claim. undecided

https://www.mondaq.com/nigeria/family-law/636390/an-appraisal-of-types-of-marriage-in-nigeria-and-procedure-for-contracting-statutory-marriage-in-nigeria#:~:text=Nigerian%20law%20envisages%203%20types,Islamic%20marriage%20and%20Statutory%20marriage
The context of my argument is not about the different types of marriage in Nigeria. Basic GNS 101 would have been helpful in explaining what is contextual in every comment/argument.

Even in your derailment of the conversation to different types of marriages in Nigeria, you still failed woefully.

Nigeria has only two types of marriage
1. Traditional marriage.
2. Statutory marriage.

What you called Christian/Islamic marriage is solemnization of the marriage. Worship places (church/mosque/Eckankar etc) get a license from the registry to conduct statutory marriage on their behalf, that's why the couple sign a document (which comes from the registry) during the ceremony.

3 Likes

Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by SeriouslySense(m): 6:37pm On Mar 09, 2022
smiley smiley smiley Its okay, you do not need to impress anyone, just put on a smile, because if you are happy with that person, its all that maters, make sure to always remember your love or make sure it grows.
Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by AdesewaAde(f): 6:37pm On Mar 09, 2022
Forget
They are very broke ,not about low life

Kobojunkie:
Even if you wear diamond cover body on that day, na the same marriage you dey enter with those who wear sackcloth on their day. No difference. undecided

2 Likes

Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by Nobody: 6:38pm On Mar 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
What is fairly used about a marriage that drills down to just the basics avoiding all the unnecessary / meaningless ceremonies you all have taken to convincing yourselves makes a marriage? undecided
bros na money dem no get simple. Enough of all this your dumb grammar.

2 Likes

Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by SeriouslySense(m): 6:39pm On Mar 09, 2022
wink
BSsniffer:
There's a difference between low key and being broke, cus if you had the money to party you surely would do so....

Anyways the main thing is for you to plan and have your family finances in order to raise your kids.
Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by Igbodicool(m): 6:40pm On Mar 09, 2022
majamajic:

Not only that . It looked like a fairly used marriage
Smiles...

Ọnụ ọjọọ
Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by Itidicious: 6:41pm On Mar 09, 2022
Nice one, but you shouldn't really be proud of this. Please work hard and have a financial freedom. Stop encouraging laziness.

3 Likes

Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by Legendoo: 6:41pm On Mar 09, 2022
I like modesty in all things, better yeti I love realistic people.

Enjoy your marital life boss .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by Kobojunkie: 6:42pm On Mar 09, 2022
Alexgeneration:
The context of my argument is not about the different types of marriage in Nigeria. Basic GNS 101 would have been helpful in explaining what is contextual in every comment/argument.

Even in your derailment of the conversation to different types of marriages in Nigeria, you still failed woefully.

Nigeria has only two types of marriage
1. Traditional marriage.
2. Statutory marriage.

What you called Christian/Islamic marriage is solemnization of the marriage. Worship places (church/mosque) get a license from the registry to conduct statutory marriage on their behalf, that's why the couple sign a document (which comes from the registry) during the ceremony.
Wow! You folks never cease to amaze.... it's as if you can't help yourselves. undecided

I told you there are 3 types of marriages.... where registry option is the most basic of them all as it excludes the need for the ceremonies. Even the Nigerian Law and constitution affirms this by recognizing 3 diffrent types of marriages meaning they are easy defined differently by Law. Yet here you are continuing to assert instead that there be only two.... why or how? Should we abandon what the law asserts just so you can regale us with that which works only within the confines of your mind? undecided

All 3 marriage types require licensing and so even your traditional marriages have to be registered at the local government registry in order to be recognized as a marriage in Nigeria by Law. So attempting to argue licensing is meaningless here. undecided

1 Like

Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by blacdiamond(m): 6:42pm On Mar 09, 2022
My question is why this couple will allow APC logo to show for their wedding pictures
Hope is not what I am thinking oo
Anyways congratulations to ur union NJ

1 Like

Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by Kobojunkie: 6:43pm On Mar 09, 2022
AdesewaAde:
Forget
Not everyone likes your shiny and loud lifestyles. undecided

1 Like

Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by Kobojunkie: 6:44pm On Mar 09, 2022
Vultron101:
bros na money dem no get simple. Enough of all this your dumb grammar.
If only you could process things beyond 'money dey or even no dey levels'.. undecided

1 Like

Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by CoronaVirusPro: 6:48pm On Mar 09, 2022
Marriage is just a celebration just like naming ceremony.

The life after is the real marriage and ceremony.

Look at Putin for example, if they knew he was going to be a tyrant at birth, they would have not celebrated his birth

Why I always advocate that parents should only celebrate birth after kid is 25 years old, cos you don’t know yet if he would be a terrorist, arm robber, cultist or Olosho
Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by Alexgeneration(m): 6:49pm On Mar 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Wow! You folks never cease to amaze.... it's as if you can't help yourselves. undecided

I told you there are 3 types of marriages.... where registry option is the most basic of them all as it excludes the need for the ceremonies. Even the Nigerian Law and constitution affirms this by recognizing 3 diffrent types of marriages meaning they are easy defined differently by Law. Yet here you are continuing to assert instead that there be only two.... why or how? Should we abandon what the law asserts just so you can regale us with that which works only within the confines of your mind? undecided
You're very funny.

Why list only Christian/Muslim marriage?

You've not heard of Amorc, Eckanker, Grail message, Judaism, Hinduism etc in Nigeria?

Why would the constitution be discriminatory to other religions?

1 Like

Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by Blackdisciple(m): 6:49pm On Mar 09, 2022
Na even APC wedding sef...

Congrats to them, God bless their new home.
Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by FamTomx2(m): 6:50pm On Mar 09, 2022
losak9111:
Don't kill yourself because of high standard of life without high level of cash.
This my wedding cost me less than twenty-five thousand naira (#25,000).
Simple dress, the one I have on my hanger,
The best thing is that am happy with my wife.
In fact, no food, no even pure water and no cameraman I used my phone.
Na only thank you for coming

Wishing your union a prosperous blessings..
Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by Kobojunkie: 6:51pm On Mar 09, 2022
Alexgeneration:
You're very funny.

1. Why list only Christian/Muslim marriage?

You've not heard of Amorc, Eckanker, Grail message, Judaism, Hinduism etc in Nigeria?

2. Why would the constitution be discriminatory to other religions?
1. I didn't list only Christian/Muslim marriages.. that is taken from the Nigerian constitution. If you have a problem with what is listed, contact your state representative for information. undecided

2. Because it can be, and it is. Contact your state representative to table your questions and concerns regarding that. undecided

1 Like

Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by wese90(m): 6:52pm On Mar 09, 2022
losak9111:
Don't kill yourself because of high standard of life without high level of cash.

God bless your new marriage sir/ma’am
Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by Abolarin91(m): 6:52pm On Mar 09, 2022
People sha grin
majamajic:

Not only that . It looked like a fairly used marriage
Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by DKM123: 6:52pm On Mar 09, 2022
Jesu! I am sure this one too is a nairaland redpillar. A nairaland alpha mail cheesy grin cheesy

You are just glorifying poverty and a very poor dress sense!

You could have at least tucked in and looked like a decent human being on your wedding day. The same money you used to buy the "aloko bend down select" shirt and trouser is the same money you would have spent to look decent, worn a belt or ironed your agbalagba trouser.
This same material your wife used to sew this very ugly "house girl" dress would have still been used to sew a fitting dress that will make her look just a little bit stylish on her wedding day without an extra Kobo added.
The money your wife used to buy that wig (or whatever you call that thing on her head) could have been used to buy a small necklace and her natural hair combed neatly.

There is absolutely NOTHING to admire or emulate here. This is more like "GOD FORBID" motigbeshuna post.
Only nairaland redpillars who are always obsessed with "romancing poverty" that will be motivated by this sha. This is thier ZONE. cheesy grin cheesy

Las las, when God blesses you with small money, you will still go after a trophy wife who you will do a lavish wedding for cos she will all of a sudden be too local for you! grin grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by dabonny(m): 6:53pm On Mar 09, 2022
[quote author=losak9111 post=110871967]Don't kill yourself because of high standard of life without high level of cash.
Na only thank you for coming[/quote

Great! Entrying into a marriage through registry door is as easy as entrying a bus at the motor park, until when you would have a reason(genuine)to alight by the road side, the your eyes will clear and you will realize how uneasy it would be.

25k for the entry
250k for the exit

Lobatan!!!
Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by shineeye1: 6:53pm On Mar 09, 2022
losak9111:

Why this man too dey like cheap and free things nah? First of all he capture the woman free of charge FOC enter him house. Then after he don fairly use the woman he come apply again for almost free marriage! Wetin sef??

1 Like

Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by phenzy(m): 6:55pm On Mar 09, 2022
AdesewaAde:
Forget

What’s your concern if they are broke?
How’s it affecting your account?
Yen yen yen

Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by MARYIAN(f): 6:55pm On Mar 09, 2022
Congrats smiley
Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by house10s2: 6:56pm On Mar 09, 2022
my ex would have hated this but she wont drop kobo.

broke ass bitch
Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by luminouz(m): 6:57pm On Mar 09, 2022
Beremx:
This is the kind of wedding you do when your wife’s family is on your neck to marry their daughter after she has had children for you. You simply don’t have money for white wedding and you opted for a wedding you won’t spend shishi.
Wetin consign you? You don collect marriage certificate

Wee you keep kwayet this geh....

Shuuuuuu
Goan cook my dinner
Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by Alexgeneration(m): 6:57pm On Mar 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. I didn't list only Christian/Muslim marriages.. that is taken from the Nigerian constitution. If you have a problem with what is listed, contact your state representative for information. undecided

2. Because it can be, and it is. Contact your state representative to table your questions and concerns regarding that. undecided
That is not the Nigerian constitution that you quoted, that's the African charter on human rights.

Don't take this the wrong way, get a lawyer and beg him to explain to you the different types of marriage we have in Nigeria.

Goodnight.
Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by Aaaoo: 6:57pm On Mar 09, 2022
Good
Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by Nobody: 6:58pm On Mar 09, 2022
Ride on op, you were know ur pocket no how you go spend..

May we all find and break the bread b4 the clock ticks off.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

This Couple Graduated From High School In 2015, Got Married And Bought A House / Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me / See How I Spoilt My Wife On Her Birthday. PHOTOS.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.