Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,584 members, 7,820,110 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. (6049 Views)

Borno: Boko Haram Insurgents Flee Damboa, Head For Lagos / Igbos In Lagos State: My Experience By Senator Adeseye Ogunlewe / Borno: Boko Haram Attacks Four Churches, Kills Pastor, Two Others In Gwoza (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by DreaShola: 4:58pm On Jun 30, 2011
My brother I just finished my service in that state My candid advice to you is redeploy if you can but if not just believe God that you will be posted to a relatively safe region in the state
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by emRemiLek(m): 5:04pm On Jun 30, 2011
31 on: Today at 02:31:11 PM »

I will simply advise you to get a lawyer to write for redeployment to another state where Boko Haram and their likes don't operate, if need be, get a copy of the NYSC Act and let him quote the relevant section that permits you to seek for redeployment. Make sure this letter is copied to the Human Rights Activists, Attorney General of the Federation, the National Assembly and all those who are saddled with the responsibility of  the NYSC. If they refused, sue them for damages for deliberate denial, make sure it is made public by copying media houses.

I bet you, they will post you even to your home state.

If you think this is a bad option, just write your will and head for Maiduguri.

Not a Bad advise if you ask me.
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by nagoma(m): 5:08pm On Jun 30, 2011
Try Rivers or Anambra  where the risk is only kidnapping of corpers. You will be released after 2 weeks provided the ransom money is paid. The kidnappers never get arrested though.
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by sunnshyn(f): 5:37pm On Jun 30, 2011
Dats the problem with most NLanders. Someone comes here, asks a genuine question cos he's confused or JÛ§t needs reassurance and some people would outrightly start calling the posters ugly names, Dats JÛ§t not fair abeg! If U think a particulr post or thread Į̸s "foolish" or "stupid" for sakes ¥ dont U JÛ§t pass?
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by Johnpaul2k2(m): 5:52pm On Jun 30, 2011
NORTH = KILLERS  angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
NORTH= BLOOD SUCKING BASTARD.S grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
NORTH= UNEDUCATED FOOL.S undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
NORTH= BOKO HARAM, OSAMA GRAND CHILDREN grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

ANYBODY GOING TO NORTH, WELL NA U KNOW shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by phillipe: 6:01pm On Jun 30, 2011
I will simply advise you to get a lawyer to write for redeployment to another state where Boko Haram and their likes don't operate, if need be, get a copy of the NYSC Act and let him quote the relevant section that permits you to seek for redeployment. Make sure this letter is copied to the Human Rights Activists, Attorney General of the Federation, the National Assembly and all those who are saddled with the responsibility of the NYSC. If they refused, sue them for damages for deliberate denial, make sure it is made public by copying media houses.

I bet you, they will post you even to your home state.

[s]If you think this is a bad option, just write your will and head for Maiduguri.[/s]

Seconded
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by AkanA1(m): 6:03pm On Jun 30, 2011
I find it hard 2 believe that NYSC still posted corps members 2 crisis/war zones. I believe if all corps members can stand their ground and refuse showing up at such places NYSC will realize that the power lies with the people. But I know some scared fools probably poverty ridden that feel NYSC is a means 2 attain a good means of livelihood will immediately pack their bags and start running down 2 Borno camp [thinking NYSC will end their poverty]. Seems its now every man 4 himself. The wise 1s will eventually boycott it while the fools will pack themselves 2 the slaughter house. 1 thing I know 4 sure, I will feel no sympathy 4 any1 who used her/her own 2 legs with 2 eyes wide open to walk in2 a death zone in the name of serving our country/obeying instructions.
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by anointedf(m): 6:13pm On Jun 30, 2011
Please, all guys posted to boko haram enclave; lets have a common voice to protest this senseless posting. Kindly follow this link to register yourself in forming a network.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-702883.0.html
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by 234GT(m): 6:37pm On Jun 30, 2011
What is happening in the north is unfortunate. I served in Bajoga, Gombe state from March 2009 to February 2010. The Fulani town is a boarder to Borno state. I enjoyed my service to the extent that I felt very sad at the end of the service. I fail to comprehend the way Fulanis are being painted in bad light because I enjoyed my stay with them.
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by ugwolawo: 6:51pm On Jun 30, 2011
O boy delete comot from Maid ooooooooo cry
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by deadie(m): 7:00pm On Jun 30, 2011
Hey bros, u fit go if your family dey very poor. GEJ go give your family N5m when Boko Haram kill you. Highest them go use N500k give you befitting burial and use the remaining N4.5m. Abeg invite me for the burial oh. Good luck.  cheesy
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by otondo55: 7:06pm On Jun 30, 2011
How can NYSC still post people to this zone ?

This is inhuman !

You dont need any advice on this, because your life is above all.
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by paulokwudiri(m): 7:39pm On Jun 30, 2011
I just concluded my NYSC programme this july,I was once in a situation like this I was posted to plateu state[jos].What I did was that,I prepared a medical report with d help of our family doctor directing NYSC to redeploy me immediately after camp to ph so as to enable them to keep monitoring my health conditions.It really worked for me,I concluded my NYSC programme here in ph.
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by shoboy9: 8:10pm On Jun 30, 2011
Boycott if you love your life! Best to write NYSC and inform them that you cannot take up the posting at this time. Give solid reasons. Or see a lawyer about it. Even though you'll have a good case its better to go for such a thing together with others posted to that region. If the NYSC cannot make[b] satisfactory security[/b] arrangements, then iyt has no right to send you or anyone else anywhere. The rest of whatever they say is mere posturing. All the best!
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by Cuteobi(f): 8:15pm On Jun 30, 2011
A memorial service is being planned already
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by nagoma(m): 8:47pm On Jun 30, 2011
Seek redeployment to Oyo (NUTW) or To The East ( armed robbers & kidnappers) . Friendly fire kills less painfully.
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by NAJALYN: 9:05pm On Jun 30, 2011
@poster, life has no duplicate. Apply for redeployment to any other place outside the North. If NYSC fails to redeploy you, please boycott service. It is only when you are alive that you can serve. A dead man can not serve. All the best.
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by hackney(m): 9:09pm On Jun 30, 2011
U dont even need a lawyer to change your posting.
Just go to one of the hospitals in your home town and get a serious medical note exempting you from
travelling far.

Tell them you are on dialysis.
they will just post you to even your village, chikena.
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by JBL316: 10:07pm On Jun 30, 2011
MY ADVICE IS THAT U SHOULD GO.
REASON? YOU ARE A MUNTULA!
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jun 30, 2011
hey, make sure u go oh! i will come and help u pack your luggage for free!
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by coolgb(m): 11:48pm On Jun 30, 2011
@ Op
I just told my younger sister to girlcott it. Abeg no even think am.@ Op
I just told my younger sister to girlcott it. Abeg no even think am.
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by Onlytruth(m): 12:25am On Jul 01, 2011
My candid advise is DON'T even go to camp. cool
Why?
Well, unless they have changed the rule, every NYSC camp culminates with a long distance march (trek) of about 24 kilometers, mostly into isolated areas of the town/city.
I did mine (NYSC camp) at Sagamu (Ogun State), and we marched well into the deepest parts of Ijebu land heading towards Ijebu-Ode through the bushes. If it wasn't safe, anything could have happened.

Now, imagine such trek in the wilderness of Borno! shocked
Boro haram would have a field day. shocked shocked

Nuff said.
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by whedon2(m): 12:30am On Jul 01, 2011
You are a youngman and still very productive Don't waste your life to some senseless butchers
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by chines4(m): 2:09am On Jul 01, 2011
nagoma:

Seek redeployment to Oyo (NUTW) or To The East ( armed robbers & kidnappers) . Friendly fire kills less painfully.
grin grin grin
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by mkpologwu(m): 2:13am On Jul 01, 2011
Pls don't buycunt o! Just join boko haram and enjoy ur service year there.
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by Snowwy: 6:39am On Jul 01, 2011
@OP,
You have a choice to make. Stand up and make that choice and be ready to bear the consequences.
The trouble going on in the north seems to be escalating, these Boko Haramist are killing their own people and you are talking of going to serve there? Who do you think will save you if they decide to target the camp? They might, they might not, however, will you ever know?

The funny thing is that if anything happens, the government might actually say that those posted to the north had the option to reject it from the onset but they went ahead as patriots who believe in one Nigeria.

The government is obviously not doing anything about it, all of you posted to Borno state, will you also just 'siddon look'? Whose life is at stake?
It's a no-brainer.
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by teekay8(m): 7:18am On Jul 01, 2011
No. Don't boycott! Let Boko Haram use ur head for pepper sssssoup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by hardbody: 9:53am On Jul 01, 2011
Aunty Ileke Idi, i did not read your comment on this topic. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-701925.0.html

My concern is that much as i have never joined issues with you in this forum (and i honestly do not intend to) i am yet to come across a more ethnic-biased individual. It is worrisome but i guess it is just who you are, particularly coming from that 'gloriously reputable' Ekiti State.
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by harpo(m): 10:02am On Jul 01, 2011
[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]do not boycott as a first option, seek redeployment. I heard that the DG of NYSC has said those posted to Bauchi can seek redeployment. am sure that can apply to Borno also[/size][/size][/size]
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by obongtunji: 10:19am On Jul 01, 2011
Boycot and even girlcot
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by tosinaded(m): 1:42pm On Jul 01, 2011
lmao. . . i served in Borno state from 2009- 2010, first of all the weather is harsh, cold adnd sun na to the extreme!
i made up my mind to stay and serve there, buh it almost cost me my life!
i stayed at Nccf behind Borno express around tudun wada. . . very close to the SSS quaters in Maiduguri.

Boko haram struck around July, on a sunday night. . . tthey disconnected all the major networks. . Mtn, Zain, Glo etc.
i was very lucky, cos on the saturday i went to work NBC Maiduguri and left very late, so i had to treck down to the junction b4 i cld get a bike!
Monday morning woke early as usual at NCCf just to beat the rush at the bathroom, so i cld get early to work. . . then i heard there was a small fracas happening, little did we know it was the beginning of BOKO HARAM in Naija.

GUn shots, Bomb Explosions were all we heard. . . they burnt Churches, Mosques, Police stations, Schools, Govt buildings etc, . . .
We were terrified mehn, the only sort of peace we had was that NCCF was very close to the SSS quaters! so our area was safe a bit. . .
NYSC came around with Police men to NCCF and took all the girls at home to NYSC camp, so the guys were all alone at home. . .
After about 2days, we had exhausted all the food in the house and we started fasting (compulsorily) , . all the while NTA kept sayn nothing was wrong, that everything was under control. thank God for aljazeera that was live in Maiduguri
and showed wat was actually going on to people outside the state. . Imagine the mental torture of our parents who saw what was happening , but cldnt call cos all networks had been vanderlised!
Third day which was Wednesday, a battalion of army came into borno. . . . then it turned to a war! Shoot at sight. . . . .
We were warned not to go out, so we don’t get shot, it was that bad. . cos they cldnt arrest anymore, it was getting of hand! That same day I saw my starcomms line, put it on and alas there was network! Imagine the joy on the faces of the NCCF corpers! The fone became a landline for everybody. . . calls came from as far as outside naija just to talk to their wards.
By Thursday the leader was caught by the army and handed over to the police, who brutaly murdered him, to the joy of everyone including me!
Bodies were littered on the streets of Maiduguri. . . they were been packed with trailers! Officially only 700 died. . that na propaganda, dem pass 2000 wey die!
We tried calling Arik airlines to know if there was any flight going out of Maiduguri, but our hopes were dashed, as the airport was closed down cos of the war!
So our only option was to go with buses, which was a bloody risk, ATM’s were empty, no money. . so we cldnt pay for the buses till we got to Yobe state, where we withdrew money and payed!

My advice, please redeploy after Camp, if u wnt then here are a few tips below. . .

First of all, if u wanna stay in Borno, Make sure u get posted to the capital, which is Maiduguri. . . Atleast ur security is higher than in the villages.
then avoid staying in Hausa/Muslim congested areas, stay in Nccf or winners family house.
if u wanna stay alone, stay very close to where corpers are, like Deribe Hospital.
Don’t argue with any hausa guy, they av knives and all they want is trouble!
Don’t go shagging hausa girls anyhow, dem go mud u straight
If u teach in a sch, never in ur life fail any student, or beat them. . na trouble u dey find so
Hausa’s are not ur friend! Dnt get too farmiliar. . they seem friendly buh wen kasala burst, na u dem go mud first!
Hausa’s are crazy Madrid and Barca fans, their viewing centers be like stadium, like 3 projectors and over 500 watchers. If ur team score barca or Madrid. . dnt go about shouting and mocking them. . dem go stab u ni straight
Avoid Suya joints, beer parlours as much as possible
As a corper, dnt walk alone from evening, walk in groups. . its safer like that. .
If u notice any problem, go to the barracks or SSS building. . NEVA U GO TO THE POLICE! THEY ARE BASTARDS. . . . .
GOD BE WITH YOU SHA. . . . .
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by Gbenge77(m): 1:57pm On Jul 01, 2011
Op,do you have the option to boycott?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jim Nwobodo Dead Son's Corpse Missing At His Burial Today / You Are Not Ashamed Of Yourself - Nigerians Blast El-rufai For Criticising Jonat / Insecurity: Nigeria Delegation To ECOWAS Says Security Situation Satisfactory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.