Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,221 members, 7,815,270 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Premier League Board Disqualifies Abramovich As Director Of Chelsea FC - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Premier League Board Disqualifies Abramovich As Director Of Chelsea FC (29473 Views)

Seyi Olofinjana Appointed Technical Director Of Swiss Club GC Zurich / MRI Disqualifies 40 Golden Eaglets Three Weeks To U17 AFCON Qualifiers / Aftermath Of Chelsea Vs Manchester United : 7 Funny Memes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Premier League Board Disqualifies Abramovich As Director Of Chelsea FC by lexy2014: 3:18pm On Mar 12, 2022
brunxy:
stupid useless country filled with hypocrites........Them go use their hands make EPL useless and less attractive. them forget say na the rest of the world dey give EPL the traction and review him dey get now. They should keep acting in isolation. stupid hypocrite. Why them no sanction Israel for the senseless bombing of innocent Palestinians

Israel/Palestine is too far. Abrahimovic is being persecuted by the UK govt because his only crime is that he is associated with Putin & the UK has been looking for an opportunity to take abrahimovic down. Mohammed bin Salman has killed lives in Yemen, men, women and children. He didn't stop there, he sent his killer squad to turkey to kill and dismember Jamal khassoghi. Yet the UK govt still allowed bin Salman to buy Newcastle. So obviously, the UK govt are a bunch of clowns using power to chase it's enemies and protect it's friends even if it's friends commit greater crimes than it's enemies

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Premier League Board Disqualifies Abramovich As Director Of Chelsea FC by Ximenez(m): 3:19pm On Mar 12, 2022
Lordofalmajiri:
Forced to sell? And let UK take the money?? If na you you go sell?
That's what's going on now.
The thing is if Roman sells during the period of his sanction, then he must not get a penny from the sale.
He's prepared to go through with that because of his love for Chelsea. Once he sells, all those restrictions on Chelsea will be lifted.
Even before the sanction, he already anticipated something like this and openly placed Chelsea on sale and pledged the net proceed from the sale to the victims of the Ukraine invasion.
March 15 was the deadline given to individuals and corporate bodies to submit their bids.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Premier League Board Disqualifies Abramovich As Director Of Chelsea FC by lexy2014: 3:24pm On Mar 12, 2022
seunayantokun:

The UK has more information on him than many people know. Before recent developments, he had been 'cast out' of the country due to espionage suspicion. Apart from that, it will be immoral to allow him to continue doing business as usual, including football business, as a full supporter of Putin who is putting innocent Ukrainian civilians to untimely death.

What is the more information? Why haven't they presented the information to d public? I guess it was the same way they had "more information" on Iraq's invisible WMDs.

If u say it is immoral to continue allow abrahimovic live in d UK and own Chelsea because he is a "full supporter of Putin who is putting innocent Ukrainian civilians to untimely death", how come the same UK govt allowed mike Ashley to sell Newcastle to Mohammed bin Salman after all his war atrocities in Yemen & his brutal murder of Jamal khassoghi?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Premier League Board Disqualifies Abramovich As Director Of Chelsea FC by lexy2014: 3:26pm On Mar 12, 2022
Ximenez:

That's what's going on now.
The thing is if Roman sells during the period of his sanction, then he must not get a penny from the sale.
He's prepared to go through with that because of his love for Chelsea. Once he sells, all those restrictions on Chelsea will be lifted.
Even before the sanction, he already anticipated something like this and openly placed Chelsea on sale and pledged the net proceed from the sale to the victims of the Ukraine invasion.
March 15 was the deadline given to individuals and corporate bodies to submit their bids.

So what will the UK do with d proceeds of d sale of Chelsea if they sell it themselves?
Re: Premier League Board Disqualifies Abramovich As Director Of Chelsea FC by lexy2014: 3:27pm On Mar 12, 2022
OJURONGBE1:
They are suspending everything he touched but they seem to forget the good he had done .

When covid ravaged their land, Abrahamovic donated his hotel, didn't lay off a single staff.

He brought competitiveness to the EPL when he bought Chelsea, a league dominated by Man united & Arsenal, some might say he inflated the transfer market but that was going to happen anyway.

Many European clubs are following his leadership style by not condoning mediocrity, see what they have paid him back with.

Don't destroy my darling club.
This is sad but does Russian oligarchs deserved it for what Putin is doing, yes, but these people invested their money in your countries, have they considered how many would be out of jobs for this sanction?

USA have suppressed & destroyed many nations.
UK herself voted for the yemen war .
France have assassinated & imposed leaders on many francophone countries.

Add this one: abrahimovic hasn't killed a soul but the UK govt allowed Mohammed bin Salman to buy Newcastle despite his many atrocities in Yemen and his murder of Jamal khassoghi

2 Likes

Re: Premier League Board Disqualifies Abramovich As Director Of Chelsea FC by heniford2: 3:32pm On Mar 12, 2022
Useless UK
Re: Premier League Board Disqualifies Abramovich As Director Of Chelsea FC by LordVarys1: 3:35pm On Mar 12, 2022
Slynation:
Nawa ooO... someone that bought the club with his own money ooO, witch hunting at its peak
he should have gone to buy zenith St petersburg na grin
Re: Premier League Board Disqualifies Abramovich As Director Of Chelsea FC by Rayjnr: 3:36pm On Mar 12, 2022
Flier:
Now that China is taking notes,I bet they won’t dare invading Taiwan.
Russia is already in ruin,I even see the Oligarchs going after Putin.

You are really funny , China and ur almighty UK. Which is better ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Premier League Board Disqualifies Abramovich As Director Of Chelsea FC by Cabble4(m): 3:36pm On Mar 12, 2022
Shoodboi:
Even if NATO bans Russians from breathing, it won't stop them from invading Kyiv and smoking that stupid boy out of his bunker.

The 40-mile death convoy has already completely surrounded Kyiv as we speak. The next few days will be interesting.
And then, you and families will become so rich and famous abi? Delusion at it peak! FO*L.
Re: Premier League Board Disqualifies Abramovich As Director Of Chelsea FC by Ximenez(m): 3:37pm On Mar 12, 2022
lexy2014:

So what will the UK do with d proceeds of d sale of Chelsea if they sell it themselves?
Didn't you read the news that they are already going after the choppers and jets of Russians in the UK.
What else will they do with it?
It's not like they have crude oil, gold or other tangible natural resources.

This was supposed to be majorly between USA and Russia. But UK saw a window of opportunity and they want to capitalize.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Premier League Board Disqualifies Abramovich As Director Of Chelsea FC by Nobody: 3:39pm On Mar 12, 2022
hermesprogidy:
How did Abrahamovic make his money? He made it from embezzled assets belonging to the Russian State. These assets were handed over to him by Putin. Chelsea fans, this is why he is being sanctioned. If you chop with Devil, expect thunder to fire you. grin grin

I wish this was on the front page of this thread.
These folks don't seem to get it.
Re: Premier League Board Disqualifies Abramovich As Director Of Chelsea FC by Rayjnr: 3:42pm On Mar 12, 2022
Drefaithful:
Though am not a Chelsea fan and I don't think I will be one.

Truth must be told, U.K Government is unnecessarily persecuting Roman Abrahamovich.

This is eye opener for anyone that wants to invest in their country, should anything happens in your home country that is not in consonance with thier believe and against thier interest, such investor risk what he had labour for all this while.

Your opinion is the best so far , because you speak about the future.
Re: Premier League Board Disqualifies Abramovich As Director Of Chelsea FC by seunayantokun(m): 3:54pm On Mar 12, 2022
lexy2014:

What is the more information? Why haven't they presented the information to d public? I guess it was the same way they had "more information" on Iraq's invisible WMDs.

If u say it is immoral to continue allow abrahimovic live in d UK and own Chelsea because he is a "full supporter of Putin who is putting innocent Ukrainian civilians to untimely death", how come the same UK govt allowed mike Ashley to sell Newcastle to Mohammed bin Salman after all his war atrocities in Yemen & his brutal murder of Jamal khassoghi?

You've raised a valid question. I must tell you, when it comes to economic advantages for their own people, the West will close their eyes and and throw morality away. Their hypocrisy matches with five stars sometimes!

Recently, I read a UK newspaper's cartoon, I can't recall it now, I would have told you to check it out: it's a about a European man who asks if his wife can help keep some billions in her account, explaining the money isn't from a Nigerian prince but a Russian oligarch. That tells you when it comes to money matters, westerners care less though they're aware of what's involved.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Premier League Board Disqualifies Abramovich As Director Of Chelsea FC by Veeryeasy(m): 4:01pm On Mar 12, 2022
If he abramovich dey vex, he should go and talk to his friend Putin that his actions is causing him his business in another country, other Russian billionaires have started talking to Putin he should join them or lose the club and other ventures in England
Re: Premier League Board Disqualifies Abramovich As Director Of Chelsea FC by Emmatvs: 4:09pm On Mar 12, 2022
I see gang ups.
Re: Premier League Board Disqualifies Abramovich As Director Of Chelsea FC by Belleful: 4:13pm On Mar 12, 2022
chukwugoziegi:
Why not put a knife to his neck and kill him at this point?

Useless Country with Wicked people!

Monaco, Club Brugge, Viteese are owned by a Russian Oligarchs and the government of those countries where these clubs reside didn't even make any attempt to sanction these guys but Useless Boris Johnson and his people have decided to show their witchcraft in broad daylight.
If Roman believe himself,make he enter england. If we no use am count scores. Hahaha Chelsea fans una kpele
Re: Premier League Board Disqualifies Abramovich As Director Of Chelsea FC by hermesprogidy(m): 4:13pm On Mar 12, 2022
Ximenez:

Lol, even man u academy is inferior to Chelsea academy.
Do you know how much Chelsea realised from sales of academy players this season? cheesy

Instead Manure have wasted billion since the days of depay, Rojo and Fellaini with nothing to show for it. Even De Gea said you people are cursed

I'm not surprised, an average black man is always envious of good things.

Worst case, Abramovic will be forced to sell Chelsea and Chelsea will continue from where they stopped.
Wow!!! What a great day!!! Long live the Queen!
Re: Premier League Board Disqualifies Abramovich As Director Of Chelsea FC by donforeign: 4:18pm On Mar 12, 2022
Shoodboi:
Even if NATO bans Russians from breathing, it won't stop them from invading Kyiv and smoking that stupid boy out of his bunker.

The 40-mile death convoy has already completely surrounded Kyiv as we speak. The next few days will be interesting.
" as we speak" as if say you dey battle ground..yeye
Re: Premier League Board Disqualifies Abramovich As Director Of Chelsea FC by Ximenez(m): 4:21pm On Mar 12, 2022
hermesprogidy:

Wow!!! What a great day!!! Long live the Queen!
Best thing is to face your struggling team and hope for the best. Chelsea have no long term problem.

Re: Premier League Board Disqualifies Abramovich As Director Of Chelsea FC by KingOfAmebo(m): 4:23pm On Mar 12, 2022
Flier:

"Yes China is taking note, but taking notes on how fast they will start selling their assets and investments in these evil Western world and the US...after all sales is completed, Taiwan would be invaded and WestMerica wont have any asset to "steal". Village People Spokesperson.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Premier League Board Disqualifies Abramovich As Director Of Chelsea FC by ashawopikin(m): 4:23pm On Mar 12, 2022
Slynation:
Nawa ooO... someone that bought the club with his own money ooO, witch hunting at its peak
the thing sef tire me
Re: Premier League Board Disqualifies Abramovich As Director Of Chelsea FC by Malawian(m): 4:29pm On Mar 12, 2022
Flier:
The strongmen of St. Petersburg nko? You think power is domiciled with the Oligarchs? It is Putin himself that gives the Oligarchs power. It is the Strongmen i am wary about. But those ones are actually die in the wool soviets.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Premier League Board Disqualifies Abramovich As Director Of Chelsea FC by djon78(m): 4:34pm On Mar 12, 2022
Lordofalmajiri:
Forced to sell? And let UK take the money?? If na you you go sell?

Actually this morning news is that Roman abramhovic has given the British government the go ahead to sale Chelsea

But they agreed he will be the final decider on who will get the club. But he won't take any money.

He agreed to that. So he is writing off the 1.5 billion pounds he gave to Chelsea
And also not taking between 3 to 2.5 billion pounds he was meant to receive from the sale

Chelsea London fans are mad at the generosity, so for tomorrow's game against Newcastle. They said they will continue chanting his name because the British government warned Chelsea fans to stop chanting Roman abramhovic name.

They said Lai Lai what the man did for Chelsea is unheard of in football history.
Forfeiting 1.5 + 2.5 billion pounds that's over 4 billion pounds.

The man really loved Chelsea

If he had gone to court after his assets including Chelsea was siezed, it may take months or even years for judgement, but he refused to go to court. But allowed the British government to go on with the sale.

What a man

Never heard before

Chelsea is very very lucky to have had such a man

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Premier League Board Disqualifies Abramovich As Director Of Chelsea FC by pargelenis(m): 4:39pm On Mar 12, 2022
leathalbeast:
Still wont stop putin from attacking ukraine meanwhile Yemen is still being destroyed by Saudi Arabia but the west have turned a blind eye to it. Hypocrisy at its best
“…The Saudi Arabian-led intervention in Yemen is an intervention launched by Saudi Arabia on 26 March 2015, leading a coalition of nine countries from West Asia and North Africa, responding to calls from the president of Yemen Abdrabbuh Mansur Hadi for military support after he was ousted by the Houthi movement, despite the progress in the political transition led by the United Nations at that time...”

Know the facts first about Yemen please .
Putin went into this Ukraine invasion on his own like a complete f00l

1 Like

Re: Premier League Board Disqualifies Abramovich As Director Of Chelsea FC by pargelenis(m): 4:43pm On Mar 12, 2022
djon78:

Actually this morning news is that Roman abramhovic has given the British government the go ahead to sale Chelsea

But they agreed he will be the final decider on who will get the club. But he won't take any money.

He agreed to that. So he is writing off the 1.5 billion pounds he gave to Chelsea
And also not taking between 3 to 2.5 billion pounds he was meant to receive from the sale

Chelsea London fans are mad at the generosity, so for tomorrow's game against Newcastle. They said they will continue chanting his name because the British government warned Chelsea fans to stop chanting Roman abramhovic name.

They said Lai Lai what the man did for Chelsea is unheard of in football history.

If he had gone to court after his assets including Chelsea was siezed, it may take months or even years for judgement, but he refused to go to court. But allowed the British government to go on with the sale.

What a man

Never heard before

100% … he’s a legend owner and helped make Chelsea a dynasty. I really hope the sale gets delayed and he eventually regains control (when Putin stops this stupid invasion). A new owner may make Chelsea like Arsenal
Re: Premier League Board Disqualifies Abramovich As Director Of Chelsea FC by djon78(m): 4:51pm On Mar 12, 2022
pargelenis:

100% … he’s a legend owner and helped make Chelsea a dynasty. I really hope the sale gets delayed and he eventually regains control (when Putin stops this stupid invasion). A new owner may make Chelsea like Arsenal

I think it's best he sells Chelsea

The Brits have done him much harm and for Chelsea to be protected

Many buyers lining up but Roman will decide the final buyer

Chelsea is a very big hot cake in the market. Any person that buys it must try and win the hearts of fans because they swore they will never forget the man Roman.

So the new owners must be up and doing

I heard the team are fired up including Tuchel

If they manage to win champions league again
It will be a slap on the face of UEFA and English fa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Premier League Board Disqualifies Abramovich As Director Of Chelsea FC by storm001(m): 5:03pm On Mar 12, 2022
The west are Very wicked set of people.
They will preach fair play and still practice racism.

What does chelsea has to do with Politucs
Re: Premier League Board Disqualifies Abramovich As Director Of Chelsea FC by skywalker240(m): 5:24pm On Mar 12, 2022
hermesprogidy:
The beauty of this is that most Chelsea fans are not smart enough to connect the dot regarding Abrahamovic, Putin and war in Ukraine. So the only thing they can say is "na wa o" grin. " UK government is wicked" grin
If you are now unfortunate to be in their midst and try educate them, they will start stammering and break bottle on your head grin grin grin
Before the seizures, they were all actually firing Putin like no tomorrow ooo grin grin
Re: Premier League Board Disqualifies Abramovich As Director Of Chelsea FC by WATCHOVER(m): 5:29pm On Mar 12, 2022
Flier:
Are you sure? because from what am seeing Britain will end up losing
Re: Premier League Board Disqualifies Abramovich As Director Of Chelsea FC by lexy2014: 5:31pm On Mar 12, 2022
Ximenez:

Didn't you read the news that they are already going after the choppers and jets of Russians in the UK.
What else will they do with it?
It's not like they have crude oil, gold or other tangible natural resources.

This was supposed to be majorly between USA and Russia. But UK saw a window of opportunity and they want to capitalize.

Yes I understand. I asked the question because of this comment u made:

"he already anticipated something like this and openly placed Chelsea on sale and pledged the net proceed from the sale to the victims of the Ukraine invasion."

Since the UK is using Ukraine as the pretext to seize abramovichs assets, I was wondering whether they will be so kind to donate the proceeds from d sale of those assets to Ukraine
Re: Premier League Board Disqualifies Abramovich As Director Of Chelsea FC by lexy2014: 5:38pm On Mar 12, 2022
djon78:

What a man

Never heard before

It's daylight robbery. it's unfortunate, but this has always been the intention of the UK govt. I was equally shocked when Tuchel was reprimanding Chelsea fans for singing abramovich's name. What a fool. The hypocrisy of d west is full blown& I will be surprised if some folks can't see it. The same UK govt allowed Mohammed bin Salman to buy Newcastle after all his war crimes in Yemen & the slaughtering of Jamal khassoghi is now trying to form judge, jury and prosecutor over a guy who has done no wrong to Ukraine
Re: Premier League Board Disqualifies Abramovich As Director Of Chelsea FC by sweetgala(m): 5:43pm On Mar 12, 2022
Flier:

China would invade Taiwan within a year and nothing would happen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mason Greenwood Further Arrested On Suspicion Of Threats To Kill / A Well Equipped Stadium Prototype Constructed By 14-Year-Old Boy In Aba / Bukola Saraki Visits Super Eagles Ahead Of Friendly Match With England

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.