Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,304 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months (26260 Views)

ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off / ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, To Receive N70bn / ASUU Vows To Pursue Ongoing Strike To Logical Conclusion. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by chiefolododo(m): 12:54pm On Mar 14, 2022
ok
Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by NobleSeed(m): 12:54pm On Mar 14, 2022
jamb go JAMB you, STRIKE go strike you, LECTURES go stress you.
Graduate finish begin to find JOB embarassed embarassed
Which way my kon3ry?

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by tuzle(m): 12:55pm On Mar 14, 2022
We strike is longer than normal school activities
Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by McGg: 12:55pm On Mar 14, 2022
Good for the students
Me I learnt tailoring while on the 2012/2013 6 months ASUU strike

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by Obagofixxy: 12:56pm On Mar 14, 2022
Chai I dey pity Nigeria student die, people wey suppose Don de defend project now Don hear am

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by Mumusaphire: 12:56pm On Mar 14, 2022
NLC should be the organization that bold like this.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by neonly: 12:56pm On Mar 14, 2022
Nigeria government no value education at all it a pity they send der own children to other country and mess up our own educational system their plan no say make all dey go Arabic sch
FOOLISH fkoks

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by letitrainnow(m): 12:57pm On Mar 14, 2022
No
Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by ivolt: 12:57pm On Mar 14, 2022
Omihanifa:
Naija leaders no get human sympathy undecided

Since the military days nah so so ASSU strike every government dey face. Is it that the problem no get solution?
The problem is money!
Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by iLegendd(m): 12:58pm On Mar 14, 2022
University should be permanently closed in Nigeria. We are okay with nursery, primary, and secondary.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by Educonomist: 12:59pm On Mar 14, 2022
Forgodsgrace:
If you are one of the affected undergraduate and not from rich family,it’s better you go learn work ,trade or any viable skill for now and forget about this junkies.
As it’s stands now,Nigeria university is not for the poor except you want to waste your destiny.
Go learn work or any skill
True, but to learn any viable skill right now requires money

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by John389(m): 1:01pm On Mar 14, 2022
WAHALA BE LIKE PERSON WEY DE GO SCHOOL FOR NIGERIA
Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by Nobody: 1:01pm On Mar 14, 2022
Politicians from presidency to the most useless counsellor no de rate citizens!

@ this Point, my only prayer b say make God bless my hustle cause school ain't bright no more.
Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by BabaO2: 1:02pm On Mar 14, 2022
What is the problem with this ASUU sef? If it is inordinate appetite and ambition to be earning salaries like oil companies staffers or politicians, government should get rid of them, they are not indispensable.. They can't be truncating our youths future every year, they aspired to be university lecturers by choice not because they were the best graduates of their time.
If it is sincerely funding of universities is the issue, what are the likes of dangote, otedola, adenuga, rabiu, senatots etc doing? They should help and solve the problem once and for all rather than doing unproductive showoff at occasions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by funnyrich(m): 1:02pm On Mar 14, 2022
my mate wey i first enter sch don dey defend his HND
Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by princeemmma(m): 1:02pm On Mar 14, 2022
make una no go dey learn trade, una go rot for house, after 2month, another 2month, after that 2month another 2month
Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by Horlamy47: 1:02pm On Mar 14, 2022
This country is in a deep shit.
Meanwhile if anyone get work wey dey pay for Ekiti axis I dey available o
My WhatsApp contact:09066271645
Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by Dshocker(m): 1:04pm On Mar 14, 2022
Nigeria is the best country in the whole universe...

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by Mouhstorph5(m): 1:04pm On Mar 14, 2022
Our educational system has been bastardize

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by Medianna(f): 1:05pm On Mar 14, 2022
Gov't stubborn sha

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by meetcharles: 1:05pm On Mar 14, 2022
Strike is all they know. Useless bunch of lazy lecturers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by Medianna(f): 1:07pm On Mar 14, 2022
BabaO2:
What is the problem with this ASUU sef? If it is inordinate appetite and ambition to be earning salaries like oil companies staffers or politicians, government should get rid of them, they are not indispensable.. They can't be truncating our youths future every year, they aspired to be university lecturers by choice not because they were the best graduates of their time.
If it is sincerely funding of universities is the issue, what are the likes of dangote, otedola, adenuga, rabiu, senatots etc doing? They should help and solve the problem once and for all rather than doing unproductive showoff at occasions

You blaming ASUU means you dont even know anything about cause of the strike

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by Nfora: 1:07pm On Mar 14, 2022
Omihanifa:
Naija leaders no get human sympathy undecided

Since the military days nah so so ASSU strike every government dey face. Is it that the problem no get solution?

The solution will come when ASUU stops using strike to force the government sign stupid agreements that are not realistic.

Why should ASUU be the one to determine how much is needed to fund universities?

They need Ntrillion to fund universities,where on planet earth do employees determine how much employers must spend to fund their organization?

It is obvious our universities need revolutionary uplift,but that can never be the core responsibility of academic staff.

ASUU should concentrate on improving on staff welfare and should stop all these rubbish they are doing.

How can an employee be forcing his employer to adopt a particular payroll system and spend a particular amount of money to fund universities??

undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by Stargurl20(f): 1:10pm On Mar 14, 2022
This country is not for me and my entire family. I'm just fed up...

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by minasu190: 1:12pm On Mar 14, 2022
Ninegera my corntree.
Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by Nfora: 1:13pm On Mar 14, 2022
Medianna:

He probably knows more than you.

ASUU is a union of academic staff, therefore have no business forcing government to use a particular payroll system or spend particularly amount of money to fund universities.

Their core mandate is the welfare of their members.

Can NLC force government to spend a particular amount of money to fund say the petroleum ,electricity or health sector or infrastructure??

Labour union can only force the government on issues relating to minimum wage and other welfare matters.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by Tokkson: 1:14pm On Mar 14, 2022
plenaldo:
This is so unfair to the young students. Some will eventually not qualify for NYSC because of this. They can organize beauty pageant in the prisons and can't pay lecturers. Too bad

This your shallow thinking ehh.

Is it FG that organized beauty pageant or NGOs?
Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by omooba969(m): 1:17pm On Mar 14, 2022
One would expect that the unabating ASUU strikes would be spurned by the youths and bring about a paradigm shift, but NO, the youths are busy wasting their lives away being docile & engaging in frivolities. Our seemingly educated youths now appear not to know their RIGHTS TO QUALITY EDUCATION.

No doubt, the present state of the youth population is the result of years of systemic destruction of the education sector by our criminal politicians.

Indeed, knowledge is power!

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by BabaO2: 1:18pm On Mar 14, 2022
Medianna:

what is the cause? They can't be holding our future to ransome every year, it is not brainy, same problem every year without solution. Government should weed them off, take away the staff quarters from them. Inordinate appetite everywhere in Nigeria. If it is infrastructural deficit, let the students engage the government.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dominican University, Ibadan Pro Chancellor, Peter Obi At Convocation Ceremony / The Types Of Exams We Need For Schools And Academic Institutions In Nigeria / Islamic Senior High School Students Dancing & Having Fun In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.