Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,276 members, 7,815,466 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months (26263 Views)

ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off / ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, To Receive N70bn / ASUU Vows To Pursue Ongoing Strike To Logical Conclusion. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by MrCover: 4:44pm On Mar 14, 2022
SandraIkuboR:
Lol,thank God I'm already at home though

Are you a woman or man
Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by ifiokjohn(m): 4:45pm On Mar 14, 2022
Nfora:

The solution will come when ASUU stops using strike to force the government sign stupid agreements that are not realistic.

Why should ASUU be the one to determine how much is needed to fund universities?

They need Ntrillion to fund universities,where on planet earth do employees determine how much employers must spend to fund their organization?

It is obvious our universities need revolutionary uplift,but that can never be the core responsibility of academic staff.

ASUU should concentrate on improving on staff welfare and should stop all these rubbish they are doing.

How can an employee be forcing his employer to adopt a particular payroll system and spend a particular amount of money to fund universities??

undecided

Shutup. Defending a failed govt

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by starz100: 5:02pm On Mar 14, 2022
What is even more painful is that after 10 months when they have ruined the academics of youths that is when both parties will have sense and begin to draw up some agreement. Why not now
Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by Enemyofpeace: 5:03pm On Mar 14, 2022
Most girls go get belle before the strike ends. Mynd44 use the opportunity to read your books and stop campaigning for Tinubu
Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by Enemyofpeace: 5:06pm On Mar 14, 2022
Bola146 Please return my physics, chemistry and biology notes abeg
Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by JentuPrinz(m): 5:09pm On Mar 14, 2022
Cristiano Ronaldo:I'm currently the top striker in the world.
ASUU: grin grin grin

Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by Herbephe1(m): 5:53pm On Mar 14, 2022
plenaldo:
This is so unfair to the young students. Some will eventually not qualify for NYSC because of this. They can organize beauty pageant in the prisons but can't pay lecturers. Too bad

If this continues like this, I might be affected by being exempted, please is there anyway I can change my age?
Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by Ogbeni2000: 6:18pm On Mar 14, 2022
matm:
ASUU is not the only teachers' organisation in Nigeria.
There is NUT for secondary schools and primary schools.Their teachers suffer much.They are neglected,paid peanuts like 30k a month,not given their promotion as and when due, no promotion arrears payment even though they offer more services.
Do you know what it takes to teach people who can't read at all nor write, as well as people who can't express themselves in English correctly.Thats what Secondary and primary school teachers do with meager pay.
But in the University, every student is assumed to be an adult learner who can read, write and do research on their own, thus lesser work for lecturers who leverage on the efforts of teachers at the lower levels without which there will be no higher levels.
But ASUU fight for their selfish interest even when they are not owed any salary.
The lecturers parade themselves as if they are the only teachers' in the lives of students and make humongous claims even with their humongous salaries.
It's time students become wiser and stop pitying ASUU.
I can only pity them if they are beign owed their monthly salaries.
For neglect, Secondary and Primary schools are equally beign neglected
If they must fight, all the teachers must be carried along or else, they are only fighting for their pockets and not really for students interest

Ode, you're not educated to the highest level that's why you can compare an NCE holder to a PhD holder. Foolish man, your analogy is stupid and dumb

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by Obyino: 6:20pm On Mar 14, 2022
Nah to go start yahoo ooo angry angry
Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by Ogbeni2000: 6:21pm On Mar 14, 2022
BabaO2:

That is the deception, academic staff of today are rich, i just told you they are lecturing in 2-5 private universities at a time, they dont want the issue to be resolved so that they can have time to make more money. Most of tjem are consultants too

Rubbish! Rich with 129k as PhD salary and 400k highest salary for professors. Bros fear God. In South Africa I was paid in dollars more than 3x your Prof here as a PhD studentm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by Herbephe1(m): 6:38pm On Mar 14, 2022
Medianna:

ASUU and govt be like cat and dog.
Let the govt decide on which one is ASUU's right and which one is not when it comes to infrastructures.

Do you know that sometimes lectures gets cancel because there is no venue?
And you say its not ASUU's right
Even if there's venue students will be like sardines inside lecture halls
Do you know that staff quarters looks like 1950's building?
And you say ASUU should keep quiet
Do you know that as A lecturer they want to be practical and no tools
And you say ASUU should resign.
No wonder some lecturers the hand out they are using 10 years ago.that's what the are still using to lecture students till date

So government is the reason why their handouts have not been updated? As a secondary teacher can you tell your principle that the reason why you're not writing lesson plan is because of the proprietor?
The only reasonable point you raised,is the one concerning the practical aspect, anyone asides that seems to be irrelevant.
If they don't have enough lecture room,why admitting huge number of students that the institution cannot accommodate?
Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by Medianna(f): 7:20pm On Mar 14, 2022
Herbephe1:

So government is the reason why their handouts have not been updated? As a secondary teacher can you tell your principle that the reason why you're not writing lesson plan is because of the proprietor?
The only reasonable point you raised,is the one concerning the practical aspect, anyone asides that seems to be irrelevant.
If they don't have enough lecture room,why admitting huge number of students that the institution cannot accommodate?

I never said the govt are at fault in them using old books. Plz.
Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by Xzydar(m): 8:09pm On Mar 14, 2022
angry cry pls FG & ASUU u people should stop dis tin naa I want to do enter school and finish fast cry cry
Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by kingstar47: 8:20pm On Mar 14, 2022
Is terrible to see the future of Nigeria today. If someone educated our fathers this way, most of them will not be in the same position they are now. Please, if you can write content very well, you can Guest post for this little time you are at home with https://xamblog.com, it will assist your skills and keep you moving.
Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by Brunicekid(m): 8:22pm On Mar 14, 2022
doctore212:
I have made up my mind to start Olosho business. How many years I go dey school.

Atleast if the olosho work go pay me well , I fit carry the money open saloon .

My kpekus still dey game abeg.

ASUU can't frustrate me
Olosho business is bad, wrong, ungodly... Stop it!
Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by kingstar47: 8:29pm On Mar 14, 2022
Forgodsgrace:
If you are one of the affected undergraduate and not from rich family,it’s better you go learn work ,trade or any viable skill for now and forget about this junkies.
As it’s stands now,Nigeria university is not for the poor except you want to waste your destiny.
Go learn work or any skill
Nice one. If they can Guest Post, create contents and submit with this blog https://xamblog.com, they can make their voice known and learn some knew skills. They can make some relevant gift from any company they guest post for.
Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by doctore212(m): 8:31pm On Mar 14, 2022
Brunicekid:
Olosho business is bad, wrong, ungodly... Stop it!

My mind is made up. I am sure I can be making up to 100k everyday.
Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by poshemmanuel(m): 8:56pm On Mar 14, 2022
Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by Aaay: 10:03pm On Mar 14, 2022
Elshaddai
Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by harmony75: 10:17pm On Mar 14, 2022
Yet again?! Nigerian government should put the youths of this nation in consideration now?! Why everytime From warning strike it goes to months?? Why the government are actually the enemy of this nation. No responsible country take their future carelessly! This is so sad students don't know when this strike will be called off!!!

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by Elistho(m): 10:40pm On Mar 14, 2022
McGg:
Good for the students

Me I learnt tailoring while on the 2012/2013 6 months ASUU strike

Are you earning from it now? Are you okay with it?
Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by SandraIkuboR(f): 11:37pm On Mar 14, 2022
MrCover:

Are you a woman or man
I'm female
Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by MrCover: 11:51pm On Mar 14, 2022
SandraIkuboR:
I'm female

Meet On Whatsapp Chat With 0810-373-9506
Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by goody2019: 3:06am On Mar 15, 2022
Endless battle, and they will still receive their pay in full, las las - for a job undone,
Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by Oracleamehdin(m): 3:59am On Mar 15, 2022

Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by MARYIAN(f): 4:30am On Mar 15, 2022
SandraIkuboR:
Lol,thank God I'm already at home though

Same here grin
Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by 1849i: 6:52am On Mar 15, 2022
[s]
Miracle2022:
if iam the president they stay at home till 2023. This ASSU can't do without strike, they are inconsiderate. The lecturers children are in private universities that is why they always want to go to strike at any small matter.
[/s]
Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by Calikee: 10:25am On Mar 15, 2022
More blessings
Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by Godmademan(m): 11:05am On Mar 15, 2022
Thank God I have escaped this routine ritual. Undergraduates please get your self busy with a skill or job. No time to say no time.
Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by Mercyjane112: 7:11pm On Mar 15, 2022
I should have stopped at NCE, this my decision to continue is full of regrets ���
Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by Brunicekid(m): 7:41pm On Mar 15, 2022
doctore212:

My mind is made up. I am sure I can be making up to 100k everyday.

Please, don't... This business, just like other bad businesses yield no good... Please, stay far...far. I pray that God will touch your heart in Jesus Name.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Types Of Exams We Need For Schools And Academic Institutions In Nigeria / Islamic Senior High School Students Dancing & Having Fun In Ghana / What Is The Correct English Word For ''longathroat''

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.