Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,507 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months (26264 Views)

ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off / ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, To Receive N70bn / ASUU Vows To Pursue Ongoing Strike To Logical Conclusion. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by AkaraAndBread: 2:09pm On Mar 14, 2022
Omihanifa:
Naija leaders no get human sympathy undecided

Since the military days nah so so ASSU strike every government dey face. Is it that the problem no get solution?

Yes.

Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by Edoziesmart(m): 2:12pm On Mar 14, 2022
DeClan01:
Do you know if you have the anything from 200 or more loyal followers on your telegram channel, Whatsapp, discord, Facebook, Twitter and other social media, you can launch your own token and moon it? DM me on @TheNiceDev on Telegram or quote me nairaland.

Wanna launch your own token (Crytpocurrecy) but can't write the contract? DM @TheNiceDev on Telegram or directly on Nairaland for your custom made Tokens (any tokenomics) at the best prices (less than 1BNB) you can't get anywhere else. Lets get to work �

So having 200+ followers is a criteria for one to launch his own token?
You must be a joker or scammer.

You didn't consider the finance aspect and advertisement.

Anyway let me leave you to wallow in ignorance.
Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by backnbeta(f): 2:12pm On Mar 14, 2022
BabaO2:

ASUU are deceptive, they dont want any issue to be resolved because nearly all of the are consultants/part time lecturers at private universities, they are earning multiple salaries in a month apart from the government salary on the job they didn't do. If it is infrastructural decadence or deficit, let the students fight the battle, their parents will step in too in support, in no time it will be addressed. ASUU are mischievous.
There's a fully loaded timetable for classes, which means you will take the extra classes outside your hours and side hustle is allowed because the take-home pay doesn't take one home!

You spend money to prepare for promotion through high-impact journal publications because if you don't publish you will perish! Local and international conferences are mostly self sponsored, yet there's no promotion without conferences! Learning environment is not very conducive, two lecturers are sharing one office, until you become a full Prof... it's bad sir

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by Medianna(f): 2:12pm On Mar 14, 2022
BabaO2:

That is the deception, academic staff of today are rich, i just told you they are lecturing in 2-5 private universities at a time, they dont want the issue to be resolved so that they can have time to make more money. Most of tjem are consultants too

If I know nothing about the system. I would just nod my head in agreement with you.
Before a lecturer gets to that level you're saying,
He have started wearing glasses, if you understand what I mean.
OK what is now the fate of the lecturer that have not gone that far.
And beside they are fighting for their right not anything new.
If you feel fighting your entitlement is selfish, then so be it

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by Nfora: 2:14pm On Mar 14, 2022
Medianna:

ASUU and govt be like cat and dog.
Let the govt decide on which one is ASUU's right and which one is not when it comes to infrastructures.

Do you know that sometimes lectures gets cancel because there is no venue?
And you say its not ASUU's right
Even if there's venue students will be like sardines inside lecture halls
Do you know that staff quarters looks like 1950's building?
And you say ASUU should keep quiet
Do you know that as A lecturer they want to be practical and no tools
And you say ASUU should resign.
No wonder some lecturers the hand out they are using 10 years ago.that's what the are still using to lecture students till date

I pray God gives you the power of understanding.

May be I should summarise for you based on the venue issue you just raised:

It is not the mandate of ASUU to force govt to provide specific amounts of money to provide lecture venues.

But it may be their mandate to force government to provide lecture venues.

Let ASUU tell us they are going on strike because there are no conducive class rooms to teach and not that govt must provide certain specified amount of money to provide conducive classrooms!!!
Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by doctore212(m): 2:16pm On Mar 14, 2022
yomibrain:
This bullshit may hunt you in the nearest future...

How can it hunt me in future. Am not a hunter.

Moreover na ur kpekus?
Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by Medianna(f): 2:17pm On Mar 14, 2022
Nfora:

I pray God gives you the power of understanding.

May be I should summarise for you based on the venue issue you just raised:

It is not the mandate of ASUU to force govt to provide specific amounts of money to provide lecture venues.

But it may be their mandate to force government to provide lecture venues.

Let ASUU tell us they are going on strike because there are no conducive class rooms to teach and not that govt must provide certain specified amount of money to provide conducive classrooms!!!

I pray God will give me the power of understanding.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by doctore212(m): 2:17pm On Mar 14, 2022
Househelp:
where are you at right now
Osun state
Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by slimfit1(m): 2:17pm On Mar 14, 2022
When students start making staying at home unpleasant for governments education will improve trust me. They are enjoying the strike if not they know where to be by now.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by MultiDot: 2:20pm On Mar 14, 2022
What is ASSuu up to? Its like they are now tool the opposition is using to destabilize this rudderless government of Buhari. I do fill strongly that ASSuu has lost it, they are now more selfish and causing more harm to the educational sector than even this government. Is the ASSuu president a card carrying member of PDP? I have every feeling he is.
Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by Nfora: 2:22pm On Mar 14, 2022
Medianna:

I pray God will give me the power of understanding.

cheesy

So you are this funny?
Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by BeautyB99(f): 2:22pm On Mar 14, 2022
Hmmm hustle o so your pikin no go dey sit down for house all in the name of ASUU
Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by Nobody: 2:26pm On Mar 14, 2022
Edoziesmart:

So having 200+ followers is a criteria for one to launch his own token?
You must be a joker or scammer.

You didn't consider the finance aspect and advertisement.

Anyway let me leave you to wallow in ignorance.

Im not a business administrator but just a developer, finance part is not my business and whoever is seeking my services already knows what it entails or would you use the services of someone without knowing exactly what you're paying for? I'm just a solidity developer. So, because someone is a developer, does that make him responsible for the finance part? Take for instance a software developer or website developer, is he responsible for the acceptance or the number of users a website has? There are marketers for that. I hope you understand. And please next time, don't just attack what you don't understand, took time and energy to learn this, so its normal to advertise anywhere and anyway i deem fit. God bless
Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by Medianna(f): 2:29pm On Mar 14, 2022
Nfora:

cheesy

So you are this funny?

I only said that out of respect na
Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by bluefilm: 2:30pm On Mar 14, 2022
MultiDot:
What is ASSuu up to? Its like they are now tool the opposition is using to destabilize this rudderless government of Buhari. I do fill strongly that ASSuu has lost it, they are now more selfish and causing more harm to the educational sector than even this government. Is the ASSuu president a card carrying member of PDP? I have every feeling he is.

Your English is quite horrible and disgusting.

And likewise your power of reasoning, which is equally abysmal.

I suggest you go back to primary 4.
Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by Victerica(m): 2:33pm On Mar 14, 2022
The solution of a problem is in the problem
Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by Inosky(m): 2:39pm On Mar 14, 2022
Useless regime! Buhari and APC no get shame oh!
Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by Tony142: 2:41pm On Mar 14, 2022
iLegendd:
University should be permanently closed in Nigeria. We are okay with nursery, primary, and secondary.

I'm in 300Level, boss make your boy graduate 1st na grin

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by Kayrubu: 2:49pm On Mar 14, 2022

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by Tokkson: 2:54pm On Mar 14, 2022
plenaldo:

Your stupid foolish brain no dey allow you reason like human being. You be goat. No be FG get the prisons. Mumu

I really do hope you're not this dumb in real life..
Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by Starpro87(m): 2:55pm On Mar 14, 2022
JAMB, WAEC/NECO should just go on strike, too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by MrBONE2(m): 3:04pm On Mar 14, 2022
bigdammyj:
Noted

Jottedly Secondedgrin
Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by xcelpro: 3:08pm On Mar 14, 2022
Good day Nairaland!
After the last 10 months' strike, Lockdown, and Endsars protest, I became fully aware that the Nigerian govt does not care concerning any sector especially the educational sector so far it does not affect them.
So even if this current strike lingers for another 2 years, the govt can never meet ASUU's full demand which they are demanding because they are not affected.

In light of this, please help recommend any fully funded exchange program abroad or internship in Arts or Humanities that one can apply for.
I'm currently in my 400L in a 5-year program and cannot go into Tech now because of finance as I do not have a system currently but would appreciate it if generous minds here can help me get one as I can provide proof of studentship upon request.
Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by studentwriter(m): 3:09pm On Mar 14, 2022
Medianna:

You blaming ASUU means you dont even know anything about cause of the strike
my friend keep shut. You know nothing
Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by iLegendd(m): 3:11pm On Mar 14, 2022
Tony142:

I'm in 300Level, boss make your boy graduate 1st na grin
grin Sorry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by Medianna(f): 3:15pm On Mar 14, 2022
studentwriter:
my friend keep shut. You know nothing

First of all Mr, am not your friend.

Secondly. I'll ignore the... Whatever

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by Yampotatocarrot(m): 3:28pm On Mar 14, 2022
I'll love to ask, do schools of nursing and all these schools of health also go on strike? Do they fall under the preview of ASUU?
Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by plenaldo: 3:37pm On Mar 14, 2022
Tokkson:

I really do hope you're not this dumb in real life..
If you are them I'm so sorry for you.
Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by 24brains(m): 3:57pm On Mar 14, 2022
School na scam
Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by Tony142: 4:16pm On Mar 14, 2022
iLegendd:
grin Sorry

Hahaha
Re: ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months by ifiokjohn(m): 4:42pm On Mar 14, 2022
Failed Government! Mannabbgrills, Helinues,Nkpatriot, can you see how your president is a failure?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Types Of Exams We Need For Schools And Academic Institutions In Nigeria / Islamic Senior High School Students Dancing & Having Fun In Ghana / What Is The Correct English Word For ''longathroat''

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.