Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

One Way Ticket To Eu For Spouse - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / One Way Ticket To Eu For Spouse (1841 Views)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Cost Of One Way Ticket To Us / One-way Ticket To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Way Ticket To Eu For Spouse by Badewale(f): 4:57pm On Jun 30, 2011
Hey guys,
I have a question. I am EU citizen and happily married to Nigerian. He visited me in EU half a year ago and he is traveling again in less than one month to EU. How he get to EU for the first time is a long story, but now, he has a ticket which was return FROM the EU to Nigeria and back (so other way around)
He has a portion of the ticket which says Lagos - Vienna and no way back. Do you think this can be a problem for immigration or even for the check-in?
If check in is okay with "one way ticket" and he is on board, I can actually buy him one way ticket from Vienna to Lagos so he has some proof he will return back to Nigeria later on. Do you think this might work?
Thanks for the answers experienced travelers smiley)
Re: One Way Ticket To Eu For Spouse by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jun 30, 2011
With green passport there may be a problem,you need a resident permit before you can buy a one way ,not a visting or tourist visa,you may end up spending the same more money.but he could be lucky,but i doubt it,once he presents the green.They may surprise him
Re: One Way Ticket To Eu For Spouse by Badewale(f): 5:16pm On Jun 30, 2011
Thanks for the reply. The problem is that if I buy brand new return ticket we will loose this existing ticket (half way) and plus pay about 1000Eur more for something which we do not need because we will apply for permanent residence here, in Slovakia and he will stay here with me.
Do you think that buying one way ticket TO Nigeria in adition can help? I would refund the ticket later on,
Thanx smiley
Re: One Way Ticket To Eu For Spouse by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jun 30, 2011
you could only do somethings once you could get a direct flight.but seek more advise from the travel agents
Re: One Way Ticket To Eu For Spouse by Davedavy: 10:01pm On Jun 30, 2011
Badewale:

Hey guys,
I have a question. I am EU citizen and happily married to Nigerian. He visited me in EU half a year ago and he is traveling again in less than one month to EU. How he get to EU for the first time is a long story, but now, he has a ticket which was return FROM the EU to Nigeria and back (so other way around)
He has a portion of the ticket which says Lagos - Vienna and no way back. Do you think this can be a problem for immigration or even for the check-in?
If check in is okay with "one way ticket" and he is on board, I can actually buy him one way ticket from Vienna to Lagos so he has some proof he will return back to Nigeria later on. Do you think this might work?
Thanks for the answers experienced travelers smiley)

Since I do not know the type of visa he is holding,it’s a little bit hard for me to advice you.If he is travelling on a visiting visa,he should be able to provide a return ticket to satisfy the immigration officer that he will return back to Nigeria at the expiration of his visa.
You should note that it doesn’t matter if he is married or not,as long as he is travelling on a visiting visa and not a residence permit/work permit or a spousal visa/fiancée visa,he is supposed to be in possession of a return ticket.
But if he is travelling any type of settlement visa,he doesn’t have to provide a return ticket.
Re: One Way Ticket To Eu For Spouse by Badewale(f): 10:18pm On Jun 30, 2011
Davedavy thanx for the reply. He is visiting me on visitors visa only. I am then wondering if it would be okay to buy another one way ticket from Europe to Nigeria and to provide it along with ticket he will be holding on the way to Europe? I feel somehow weird about just letting this existing ticket be. However honestly I do not plan to return my husband to Nigeria too soon, trust me.

Because I can refund one way ticket but not return one if the jurney had started, not with the airlines which are flying to Nigeria, I know their rules too well,
Do immigration people have some kind of list or some kind of view in the data of passangers when it comes to tickets they are holding? One can make reservation for free anywhere and print out itinerary and show "return ticket", ot so to speak reservation or so, am trying hard to find the way out. Also not happy about idea of spending 1000 eur for new tix sad
Re: One Way Ticket To Eu For Spouse by juzme: 10:51pm On Jun 30, 2011
I guess the main problem will be Lagos that if Airline is going to carry him with one way ticket.
I think the one other problem here is that you may not be in the country (Austria) that he will be landing. The immigration officer may want to see that he has everything that is if they want to scrutinize him. Otherwise, he will be just fine.
If you are certain about that he will not have problem in Lagos, then in order to minimize the risk that may be involve with immigration, when landing in Europe with one way ticket, you can go to the airport where he is landing. Make sure he has your marriage certificate that he has you contact number. In that case they will never send him back to Nigeria except he is landing in Slovakia and that you are national of Slovakia. If you are not national of Slovak and you reside in Slovakia then he should be fine there too.
Re: One Way Ticket To Eu For Spouse by Badewale(f): 11:07pm On Jun 30, 2011
juzme thanz a lot. I am Slovak and residing in Slovakia and I will be waiting for him at the airport, of course my husband has my phone number and he will have our marriage certificate. About Lagos you are right, I have to give a call to the airline myself tomorrow because they gave some lame answer to darling today.
When we traveled together for the first time nobody asked him for return ticket or something like that at all so i am mostly worried about Lagos too,
Re: One Way Ticket To Eu For Spouse by juzme: 11:20pm On Jun 30, 2011
I think, you need to purchase return ticket for him because airline from Lagos may not carry him without return ticket.
Also, if his port of entry is Slovakia airport they may want to see that he has return ticket. Again, in this situation there is nothing much you can do since EU law will not apply to you living in your home country. The local immigration law will apply here and they will want him to have every necessarily document.
Therefore, to be on the safer side, you need to buy return ticket.
Re: One Way Ticket To Eu For Spouse by Nobody: 2:58am On Jul 01, 2011
@poster
buy an open return tix from Austria to Nigeria and back, with the same company that he is traveling now, BUT BUY IT BUSINESS CLASS or FULL FARE ECONOMY (these are the tix that are fully refundable). so when he gets to the airport in Lagos he can pick up his itinerary for the other tix and show it to immigration, if they ask. . . . . . . . . . .  et voila!!!!!

beware: not all business class tix are refundable, some are promo business so you have to make sure of it being fully refundable.
Re: One Way Ticket To Eu For Spouse by Badewale(f): 8:22am On Jul 01, 2011
JAY thanx for response, this is actually kind of my plan. I have to contact airline to make sure it is enough if husband has ticket from Europe back with them. Hope it will be enough to be accepted on flight and also it should be enough for immigration. Normally you have to have OR return ticket OR sufficient founds to come back, but I am afraid there is a "special treatmant" for some nationalities sad I never experienced any special controls before I travled with my husband and I really traveled a lot,
We gonna make it somehow!
Re: One Way Ticket To Eu For Spouse by kolajoo(m): 8:25am On Aug 20, 2011
This is to inform all travelers that cash ticket to anywhere in the world with any airline available @good rate, try us now and i know you will have a successfully story to tell,

Contact for more inquiry/booking.
skiestravel@pacificwest.com

(1) (Reply)

He Missed His Appointment With The US Embassy / Nigeria Wasn't Included For New America Visa Lottery Program Photo / Hausa Man Opened A Shop Called Alhaji Suya In London (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.