Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,821 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

Enugu 2023: Understanding Zoning And The Enugu Governorship Trajectory - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu 2023: Understanding Zoning And The Enugu Governorship Trajectory (7192 Views)

Collation Of Enugu Governorship Election Results Resumes By 5pm Today / 2023 Enugu Governorship Election Results From Polling Units / 2023 Elections: What Atiku Abubakar Actually Said About Zoning And Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu 2023: Understanding Zoning And The Enugu Governorship Trajectory by AnonPoet: 5:39pm On Mar 14, 2022
I had on different occasions disclosed my witness, probably due to my close association with my father, to the establishment of zoning political positions, particularly governorship, in Enugu state, dating back to the old Enugu state when it was created in 1991. In my narrative, I told about how Dr. Okwesilieze Nwodo emerged as the first civilian governor of the then Enugu state that comprised of two senatorial districts of the present Ebonyi state and Icha Ituma as Nwodo’s deputy governor.

I had also told of how in the present democratic dispensation that stared from 1999, how Okwesilieze Nwodo in the company of Senator Jim Nwobodo and Dr Chimaroke Nnamani came to my father’s house in Ngwo in 1998, a prelude to the election that eventually threw up Dr Nnamani, as Governor of the present Enugu state on May 29 1999. In my witness accounts, I recalled that the issue of zoning was clearly spelt out from the onset in 1991 by these elder statesmen, noting that Nwodo emerged governor then because at that time the leaders held the opinion that Nsukka zone should produce a governor, having not produced it earlier when we that belonged to the old Enugu senatorial zone that now comprises Enugu East and Enugu West senatorial districts had produced governours in the persons of Jim Nwobodo and my father, C.C Onoh in the then Anambra State.

The Abakaliki zone was, therefore, prevailed upon to nominate a deputy governor with the understanding that it will rotate to the Abakliki zone after Nsukka and back to the Enugu zone thereafter. they did not know that the military thought otherwise, and then democracy was truncated. Remember that leaders of these three zones were prominent in the struggle for the creation of the proposed Wawa state, which was later named Enugu state.

At the resume of democratic governance again, in 1999, Abakaliki zone had become Ebonyi state and the remainder of the old Enugu state (Enugu and Nsukka zones) were subdivided into three senatorial districts as the 1999 constitution demanded and a part of Nsukka zone (Is-uzo) was carved out together with Enugu-Ngwo to join Nike and Nkanu local government councils to form Enugu east senatorial zone; while Udi and Agwu areas became Enugu west senatorial zone and Enugu north senatorial zone became the exclusive preserve of the six local government councils in the old Nsukka zone.

At that time my father C.C Onoh, Nwobodo and Nwodo who represents the three senatorial districts agreed to recommence the earlier established zoning from Enugu east senatorial zone after which the other two zones will have their turns and the roation will continue in the like manner.

Therefore, I would prefer to set my own records strength and differently from the rotation analogy credited to my good friend and brother, Distinguished Senator Ike Ekweremadu, who was reported to have rearranged the governorship trajectory of the present Enugu state. The distinguished senator was reported to have recreated the old Anambra and old Enugu states when Senator Jim Nwobodo, Chief C.C Onoh, and Dr. Okwesilieze Nwodo emerged governors, which should be distinct from the present discussion of Enugu state, starting from 1999 as baseline.

The most distinguished senator Ike Ekweremadu, probably forgot that Chief CC Onoh belonged to the Udi division in the Enugu senatorial zone of the old Anambra state that comprised even the present Aninri local government area. For emphasis, the present Enugu state was made up of only two senatorial zones, which were Enugu and Nsukka senatorial zones. I, therefore, consider it embarrassing for anybody to cite Senator Jim Nwobodo and Chief C.C Onoh as former governors of Enugu state when in the real sense of it Enugu state was not created at those times. Associating my father C.C Onoh and Nwobodo and even Nwodo with the governorship of the present Enugu state, therefore, diminishes the high accomplishments which these statesmen earned in their era.

His Excellency Senator Jim Ifeanyichukwu Nwobodo was the governor of Anambra state, same as Chief Christian Chukwuma Chukwuma Onoh, who succeeded Nwobodo in 1983 when most of the present political actors in Enugu state were not there. These men were at their time Governors of Anambra, Enugu, and parts of Ebonyi states. It should be noted that the benchmark for the present argumentative excursion is Enugu state of 1996 and not Anambra state of 1979 and 1983. The same waiver goes to the administration of Dr Okwesileze Nwodo, who was governor of old Enugu State, including parts of Ebonyi state in 1991.

Come to think of it these three former governors had very brief stints as governors whose administrations were truncated by the military interjections and they never had a full course as in the present dispensation where each senatorial district of the present Enugu state have had complete eight years of two terms each and needs to restart the circle of political inclusion for peace, accommodation and sense of belonging.

Probing this path, the Distinguished Senator ike Ekweremadu whom I hold in highest esteem would have known that Nsukka is the most shortchanged partner in the present Enugu state political chessboard. He ought to have known that Nwobodo, C C Onoh, Sullivan Chime belong to the old Enugu district while Nwodo and Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi came from the Nsukka leg of the present Enugu state. Where then lays the equity and fairness when a part of Nsukka (Isi-Uzo) was taken by fiat to make up the Enugu zone, which further diminished the old Nsukka zone. Strangely, I just learnt about the mention of four cultural zones in the state, which has never been a base for allocation of the present political offices.

In the case of Chief C.C Onoh, my father, till his demise, voted at the Ekeani-Ngwo polling unit in the present Udi local government of Enugu state. Therefore, the late sage belonged to Enugu East senatorial district and it would not do any good to the emancipator of the Wawa people and a founding father of Enugu state who was only given two months governorship to be given a false narrative. My father, therefore, belonged to Udi in the present Enugu West senatorial district and not Enugu East senatorial district. To corroborate this fact, the Nkanu people of the present Enugu East senatorial district supported Jim Nwobodo other than my father C.C Onoh whom they saw as a Udi man in the 1983 election that threw up my father as Governor of the old Anambra state.

Although the zoning of governorship in Enugu state was not written, it serves the interest of the people for inclusiveness and participation in governance. There were governors of the state who would not have tolerated the present divisive interests, but it can only take place under Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi who offers free speech, liberal democracy and rule of law. History will however not be kind to us if we watched without doing anything to allow the norms established upturned on the altar of political extremism.

There is a need to give credit to the other proponents of rotation and equity such as the late Chief Polycarp Nwite, late Dr Offia Nwali, Chief Mgbada, Retired Justice Emma Odanwu of Ebonyi state who later won the battle for the creation of Ebonyi state and were great politicians of their time. The late Chief Charles Abangwu of Nsukka, my late father Chief C.C Onoh and some other living and departed legends, I’m sure would have abhorred the present quest for political relevance and hooliganism that is presently threatening to destroy the labours and tenets established by these founding fathers of Wawa states. I’ve also read about another existing zoning arrangement agreed upon during the tenure of HE, Sullivan Chime and not being a witness or participant I can neither comment nor contribute but on grounds of integrity believe the narration of HE. Okwesilieze Nwodo because he was one of the major and originating foundations which the zoning arrangement was initiated and agreed upon during the build-up to his election in 1991.

Examining the imperatives of zoning in Enugu brings to mind the Isi-uzo subtle campaign for equity and justice for it to produce the next governor of the state in 2023. Looking at the travails of Isi-uzo, the council area should at least be allowed to produce the next senator of the Enugu East senatorial zone. to appease its years of political relegation. Enugu north local government which has all the while fathered the state is another council in Enugu state that should be given first-line attention in all the present agitations and concerns for equity in the distribution of the political positions. And be allowed to produce the next governor of Enugu state or Senator to represent Enugu East senatorial district.

Most people tend to forget that Enugu-Ngwo and Ogui nike by order 10 of 1938 was declared a neutral zone, but today people have conscripted the crown colony into whatever partition that massages their ego. Let it however be noted that at the end of the day, when the chips are down, the governor of Enugu, HE. Rt.hon Dr Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, despite his meekness and liberalism, remains the numero uno and a deciding factor in all these disputes.

The instances of governorship performance in Enugu and other states such as in Anambra and Ikwa-Ibom states that have followed the route of governorship mentoring, had nobody to appease since they were mentored by their predecessors. They rather focused on governance than appeasing supporters and those they ran to for crowning as Chief Executives.

Let’s not be deceived by social media euphoria, which gives people a different reality from what exists, political debates, etc. All these are just for entertainment for all politics is local and I assure everyone that claims to know Gburugburu that he’s locally and extremely internally grounded in local politics and to win him and his successor come 2023 by any opposition no matter any angle they are coming from will be political suicide.

I shall continue to hold both Sen. Ike Ekweremadu and Sen. Ken Nnamani in the highest esteemed for putting Enugu state on the globe as the only state to have produced a Senate president and deputy senate president, indeed they are truly great sons of Enugu state while also appreciating HE, Sen. JIM NWOBODO, HE. Okwesilieze Nwodo for that initial support that ushered HE. Sen. Chimaroke Nnamani, whom without his contribution, these proud sons of Enugu state wouldn’t have glittered like a bright star to the pride of Enugu state.

Today, the greatest credit goes to HE, Rt. Hon Dr. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi whose peaceful, calm and tolerant nature and all-inclusive political views allowed both opposition and supporters alike to co-exist peacefully in Enugu state today offering equal protection to all. My fellow WAWA and especially all politicians of Enugu state, I say, “The purpose of History is to chronicle the record of events ” Behold your history and you can then decide who’s telling the truth about zoning “

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/03/understanding-zoning-and-the-enugu-governorship-trajectory/

Re: Enugu 2023: Understanding Zoning And The Enugu Governorship Trajectory by lalastimlala: 7:07pm On Mar 14, 2022
Interesting
Re: Enugu 2023: Understanding Zoning And The Enugu Governorship Trajectory by EdgarBounce(m): 7:08pm On Mar 14, 2022
I still wonder till today what exactly Oshiomole to Obaseki to make him denigrate so much and sold him out. The actions he took made him lose the APC chairmanship seat unceremoniously.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu 2023: Understanding Zoning And The Enugu Governorship Trajectory by CTee1: 7:08pm On Mar 14, 2022
Ok
Re: Enugu 2023: Understanding Zoning And The Enugu Governorship Trajectory by LaSenior: 7:08pm On Mar 14, 2022
cheesy

They all should go and die
Re: Enugu 2023: Understanding Zoning And The Enugu Governorship Trajectory by Kennyfancy(m): 7:08pm On Mar 14, 2022
They should learn zoning from Delta state, delta state zoning is so perfect that come 2023, the two political parties have no choice than to pick thier candidates from one zone, so which ever way its a win win for the zone, Delta the big heart

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu 2023: Understanding Zoning And The Enugu Governorship Trajectory by athaboi(f): 7:11pm On Mar 14, 2022
What is the noise all about really! All the zone in Enugu has produced a governor, it started with chimaroke from Enugu east in 1999 and went to Enugu west in 2007 and then Enugu north rounding up. So is not bad if it starts from Enugu east this time!! PDP in Enugu is just scared of ekweremadu bcoz he's a serious heavyweight. If ekweremadu contest in APGA them PDP is gone... He will definitely win in Nsukka bcoz alot is not even happy with gburugburu down there and ekweremadu is very popular with a lot of people waiting for him to release money for mobilization. So Enugu PDP should beg him to have patience and stop disturbing people with this their nonsense fear

11 Likes

Re: Enugu 2023: Understanding Zoning And The Enugu Governorship Trajectory by domDva(m): 7:15pm On Mar 14, 2022
As an 042 man, I wish to state a few things:

1. The current governor has failed the state in terms of physical dividends of democracy, that he has succeeded in feeding politicians in all parties hence creating that false peace that you people keep talking about is nothing but shameful. Ugwuanyi took the politics of sharing money to “stakeholders” to a different level. Hence, nobody talks or complains of his abysmal failure.

2. The current governor has a chance to redeem himself just like Obiano. Support Barth Nnaji as a trusted technocrat just like Soludo. No matter the sins of Obiano, his choice to back Soludo has redeemed him. If our billboard governor has sense, he will know that Barth is the best option for Enugu. Luckily he is from Nkanu zone and will not distort the zoning arrangements.

3. Enugu needs opposition, if Ekweremadu and his crew can make Enugu politics to be competitive by joining another party, it is a welcomed development. Today, the only contest happens inside Pdp, general election is confirmation service in Enugu. PDP gives APGA serious chance in Anambra, we need such in Enugu.

Lastly, we can’t wait to see the Billboard governor exit the seat of power, he is an embarrassment to governance after a moderately good achievements of Chima and Chime.

Enugu is in the hands of God while the man we elected and put Enugu in his hands just dey Bleep up.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu 2023: Understanding Zoning And The Enugu Governorship Trajectory by MoneyGoDrop: 7:29pm On Mar 14, 2022
Personally, i can't wait for the current governor to leave office come next year. His administration has brought nothing but rot and decay to the state and i don't think he's chosen successor will be any different from him.
I think Sen Ike Ekweremadu is the right man for this job. He's the only candidate that can better or surpass Sullivan's achievement in Enugu.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu 2023: Understanding Zoning And The Enugu Governorship Trajectory by JB4life: 7:31pm On Mar 14, 2022
Kennyfancy:
They should learn zoning from Delta state, delta state zoning is so perfect that come 2023, the two political parties have no choice than to pick thier candidates from one zone, so which ever way its a win win for the zone, Delta the big heart

Enugu has also been like that,safe for the present agitation by desperate Ekweremadu.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu 2023: Understanding Zoning And The Enugu Governorship Trajectory by ZombieTERROR: 7:54pm On Mar 14, 2022
All these useless politicians are writing Epistles simply because their selfish interests are threatened by Ekweremadu..

Ugwuanyi is a failure and no son of Nsukka or Enugu North in general is Happy with such performance.. very shameful

that fat dude only succeeded in feeding Enugu politicians to the detriment of the people..

Because of his overwhelming failure, Ekweremadu has a chance.. zoning or no zoning .. anybody supported by Ugwuanyi to step in will be seen as another failure in waiting..

The billboard Governor of Enugu State should be rotting in Efcc dungeon and not talking about his successor only if Nigeria was a sane country.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu 2023: Understanding Zoning And The Enugu Governorship Trajectory by ZombieTERROR: 8:00pm On Mar 14, 2022
JB4life:

Enugu has also been like that,safe for the present agitation by desperate Ekweremadu.

suddenly Ekweremadu has a chance to topple the zoning..

only because the incumbent is a slowpoke.. and a waste of eight bloody years.

And the people feels that any one backed by the failure Will turn out like him or maybe worse.

didn't you see the way he was embraced by Enugu people when Sullivan endorsed him?

only because Sullivans performance was legendary

3 Likes

Re: Enugu 2023: Understanding Zoning And The Enugu Governorship Trajectory by thatigboman1: 8:00pm On Mar 14, 2022
Kennyfancy:
which zone is that? I heard that it's only anioma that are not going to contest but itshekiri, urhobo and ijaw are contesting. From 2 different zones.
Re: Enugu 2023: Understanding Zoning And The Enugu Governorship Trajectory by Nigga44: 8:03pm On Mar 14, 2022
Why are all these Enugu politicians suddenly jittery cos of Ekweremmadu?

I don't give a fuuuck about that nonsense you guys are writing. I stand with Ekweremmadu cos I believe he's the one to restore the glory Enugu lost in the fat man's regime.

Besides, many of you have already confirmed that these zoning was actually agreed upon in 2013 shocked

If they were so concerned about the peace in the state, why did the so called zoning had to start in 2013? How come Enugu East has produced Jim Nwobodo, CC onoh and Chimaroke as governor? Enugu north has produced Nwodo and the fat man, while Enugu west has only produced Chime. Yet you talk about peace and equity in the face of marginalization.

If you guys are so scared of him, then screen him out of PDP. We'll go to Apga and everyone will get the chance to test his popularity. Fair enough, zoning is PDP arrangement.

1 Like

Re: Enugu 2023: Understanding Zoning And The Enugu Governorship Trajectory by Dikaveli(m): 8:08pm On Mar 14, 2022
You can never be bigger than your father as anambra guy lived in enugu

Enugu politics is being run by chiboy just like tinubu in lagos

Ike is only wasting his time, its the time of enugu east and trust me no body can stop chimaroke
Re: Enugu 2023: Understanding Zoning And The Enugu Governorship Trajectory by Oscillator: 8:13pm On Mar 14, 2022
Can anyone tell me why the writer is anonymous?

Is he the only son of the former governor?
Re: Enugu 2023: Understanding Zoning And The Enugu Governorship Trajectory by Victoronah1: 8:15pm On Mar 14, 2022
ZombieTERROR:

suddenly Ekweremadu has a chance to topple the zoning..

only because the incumbent is a slowpoke.. and a waste of eight bloody years.

And the people feels that any one backed by the failure Will turn out like him or maybe worse.

didn't you see the way he was embraced by Enugu people when Sullivan endorsed him?

only because Sullivans performance was legendary
lol. PDP is winning as usuall, just like they cleared all chairmanship and councillors
Re: Enugu 2023: Understanding Zoning And The Enugu Governorship Trajectory by ZombieTERROR: 8:26pm On Mar 14, 2022
Victoronah1:
lol. PDP is winning as usuall, just like they cleared all chairmanship and councillors

there's a certain level one can only attain with blatant rigging..

glad you couldn't dispute the glaring fact that Ugwuanyi is a broad daylight failure.
Re: Enugu 2023: Understanding Zoning And The Enugu Governorship Trajectory by ZombieTERROR: 8:34pm On Mar 14, 2022
Dikaveli:
You can never be bigger than your father as anambra guy lived in enugu
Enugu politics is being run by chiboy just like tinubu in lagos
Ike is only wasting his time, its the time of enugu east and trust me no body can stop chimaroke

After chime retired chima
the incumbent brought him back and made him a senator.. gave him a voice
chimaroke runs nothing
he is only revered as an elder States man

ugwuanyi that brought him back has failed
and no Enugu son is happy with such performance..
Enugu needs a vibrant opposition before it becomes another Abia State in the hands of gburu gburu and whoever he's endorsing..

Enugu first..
zoning can wait.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu 2023: Understanding Zoning And The Enugu Governorship Trajectory by Randomgist(m): 8:36pm On Mar 14, 2022
domDva:
As an 042 man, I wish to state a few things:

1. The current governor has failed the state in terms of physical dividends of democracy, that he has succeeded in feeding politicians in all parties hence creating that false peace that you people keep talking about is nothing but shameful. Ugwuanyi took the politics of sharing money to “stakeholders” to a different level. Hence, nobody talks or complains of his abysmal failure.

2. The current governor has a chance to redeem himself just like Obiano. Support Barth Nnaji as a trusted technocrat just like Soludo. No matter the sins of Obiano, his choice to back Soludo has redeemed him. If our billboard governor has sense, he will know that Barth is the best option for Enugu. Luckily he is from Nkanu zone and will not distort the zoning arrangements.

3. Enugu needs opposition, if Ekweremadu and his crew can make Enugu politics to be competitive by joining another party, it is a welcomed development. Today, the only contest happens inside Pdp, general election is confirmation service in Enugu. PDP gives APGA serious chance in Anambra, we need such in Enugu.

Lastly, we can’t wait to see the Billboard governor exit the seat of power, he is an embarrassment to governance after a moderately good achievements of Chima and Chime.

Enugu is in the hands of God while the man we elected and put Enugu in his hands just dey Bleep up.

Re: Enugu 2023: Understanding Zoning And The Enugu Governorship Trajectory by Soso990240(m): 8:51pm On Mar 14, 2022
The zoning/rotation has been completed... Any zone can start now. Ugwuanyi have messed up every and what Enugu need now is a proven and independent, and not another puppet that will continue to distribute Enugu money amongst fellow politicians. Ugwuanyi shouldn't be granted the privilege of chosing a Successor (his puppet) because he is the worst Governor Enugu have ever produced.. tueehh

1 Like

Re: Enugu 2023: Understanding Zoning And The Enugu Governorship Trajectory by Dyke15(m): 9:07pm On Mar 14, 2022
athaboi:
What is the noise all about really! All the zone in Enugu has produced a governor, it started with chimaroke from Enugu east in 1999 and went to Enugu west in 2007 and then Enugu north rounding up. So is not bad if it starts from Enugu east this time!! PDP in Enugu is just scared of ekweremadu bcoz he's a serious heavyweight. If ekweremadu contest in APGA them PDP is gone... He will definitely win in Nsukka bcoz alot is not even happy with gburugburu down there and ekweremadu is very popular with a lot of people waiting for him to release money for mobilization. So Enugu PDP should beg him to have patience and stop disturbing people with this their nonsense fear
Ur comment is so on point bro
I cnt even wait for the real campaign to start.
Dem think say Ikeoha is here to play
On his mandate we stand
Re: Enugu 2023: Understanding Zoning And The Enugu Governorship Trajectory by apasino01: 9:13pm On Mar 14, 2022
ZombieTERROR:

After chime retired chima
the incumbent brought him back and made him a senator.. gave him a voice
chimaroke runs nothing
he is only revered as an elder States man

ugwuanyi that brought him back has failed
and no Enugu son is happy with such performance..
Enugu needs a vibrant opposition before it becomes another Abia State in the hands of gburu gburu and whoever he's endorsing..

Enugu first..
zoning can wait.
Chima retired ??
Who brought who back?

You sound funny
You know nothing about Enugu state politics
Most of these men in seat at some point worked for chimaroke. That includes Ekweremadu. And so many of them are still loyal to him.

Don’t mistake chimaroke’s quietness for weakness o

1 Like

Re: Enugu 2023: Understanding Zoning And The Enugu Governorship Trajectory by Dyke15(m): 9:14pm On Mar 14, 2022
Nigga44:
Why are all these Enugu politicians suddenly jittery cos of Ekweremmadu?

I don't give a fuuuck about that nonsense you guys are writing. I stand with Ekweremmadu cos I believe he's the one to restore the glory Enugu lost in the fat man's regime.

Besides, many of you have already confirmed that these zoning was actually agreed upon in 2013 shocked

If they were so concerned about the peace in the state, why did the so called zoning had to start in 2013? How come Enugu East has produced Jim Nwobodo, CC onoh and Chimaroke as governor? Enugu north has produced Nwodo and the fat man, while Enugu west has only produced Chime. Yet you talk about peace and equity in the face of marginalization.

If you guys are so scared of him, then screen him out of PDP. We'll go to Apga and everyone will get the chance to test his popularity. Fair enough, zoning is PDP arrangement.
U be correct man nwanne.
We all pray for PDP to mess up by denying him ticket so dat APGA go gain am.
On IKEOHA'S MANDATE WE STAND GIDIGBA!!
Biko u sabi wer person fit register for him campaign train coz I can't wait to sell his candidacy and manifesto to d world
Re: Enugu 2023: Understanding Zoning And The Enugu Governorship Trajectory by kendocom: 9:14pm On Mar 14, 2022
As an Enugu guy that witnessed what Sullivan did in enugu and is still witnessing what this white agbada man is doing, I will welcome a situation where strong opposition is established in enugu state. If that will happen through Ekweremadu, it is a welcome development. This pdp so called zoning arrangements in the state has not helped the state in terms of infrastructural development. The governor is just busy feeding all the old politicians in the state with the state resources that is meant to develop enugu. Look at the 9th mile - ubollo afor road. The road is in total collapse. We need a governor that can attract the federal government to perform their function in the state

1 Like

Re: Enugu 2023: Understanding Zoning And The Enugu Governorship Trajectory by 22o62021: 9:17pm On Mar 14, 2022
Gburu gburu is a billboard governor

We need a strong opposition in Enugu

Ekweremadu we know
Re: Enugu 2023: Understanding Zoning And The Enugu Governorship Trajectory by Halo22: 9:27pm On Mar 14, 2022
Mr OP, u tried to make a good write up, but you ended up parambulating through facts. Though you were referring yourself as the son of Late Chief C.C Onoh, but you failed to unveil ur anonymity. However all those are by the way. I will like to put you in order over that erroneous point of discounting the trio of Sen.Jim Nwobodo, Dr Okwy Nwodo and your acclaimed father Chief C.C Onoh when counting the former Governors of Enugu state. The two of them you mentioned that are still living still collect pension and grants from Enugu state govt up till date.
As for the zoning you were romancing some points on, it was never agreed on and even if it was, there was no discussion on where the baton goes after the three zones must have taken their slots. Therefore, it can start from the West and still rotates in peace.
More so, the Governor whom u referred to as the final decision maker, doesn't have the wherewithal, as he failed the mandate given to him by the people. Finally, we are waiting for a level playing ground for all the contestants in the Enugu guber primary in PDP ahead of 2023. No need for panics as power belongs to God Almighty and he gives to whom he wishes to give it to.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Muamar Gaddafi's Last Words And Prophecies / National Convention: APC Fails To Begin Sale Of Forms, Aspirants Worry / Ojudu Denies Resignation From APC, Says It's Fake News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.