Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,002 members, 7,835,387 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

The Evil Toll Gates At Onitsha Second Niger Bridge - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Evil Toll Gates At Onitsha Second Niger Bridge (67001 Views)

Tunji-Ojo Test Runs E-Gates At Abuja Airport (Photos) / FG Returns Toll Gates On Federal Roads / Buhari's Daughter, Zahra Meets With Bill Gates At UN General Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Evil Toll Gates At Onitsha Second Niger Bridge by dafuturis(m): 1:44pm On Mar 15, 2022
I am shocked Seun allowed this rubbish to be brought to front page

2 Likes

Re: The Evil Toll Gates At Onitsha Second Niger Bridge by Everlastingson: 1:44pm On Mar 15, 2022
OfoIgbo:
That is the only structure Buhari has completed in this second Niger bridge thing, after 7 years of his presidency. GEJ only did 5 years, so Buhari has no point against GEJ, afterall Buhari couldn't finished the bridge within 5 years of his reign

Did you say " completed "? Has the work been completed?

1 Like

Re: The Evil Toll Gates At Onitsha Second Niger Bridge by adefitim(m): 1:45pm On Mar 15, 2022
PointZerom:

Have you seen the wickedness of APC and Buhari against ndi Igbo?

How many road projects in the North are like this?

Re: The Evil Toll Gates At Onitsha Second Niger Bridge by OfoIgbo: 1:47pm On Mar 15, 2022
Everlastingson:

Did you say " completed "? Has the work been completed?

I mean, it is only the tollgates of that bridge, that Buhari has almost completed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Evil Toll Gates At Onitsha Second Niger Bridge by ufotunang: 1:48pm On Mar 15, 2022
So a common man cannot enjoy good thing in this country... they must always tax the common man.... nawaoooo. .APC... negative change
Re: The Evil Toll Gates At Onitsha Second Niger Bridge by OfoIgbo: 1:48pm On Mar 15, 2022
Taiggarr:

Your father is a fool

You deserve beating..

Sorry to disappoint you, but we don't share the same father
Re: The Evil Toll Gates At Onitsha Second Niger Bridge by OfoIgbo: 1:50pm On Mar 15, 2022
naija4life247:

This is how a mentally deranged person thinks and talks.

But a brilliant person writes that way though.
Re: The Evil Toll Gates At Onitsha Second Niger Bridge by adefitim(m): 1:54pm On Mar 15, 2022
Tolling: FG plans concession for more federal roads
Okechukwu Nnodim

22 August 2021

Aside from the 12 federal highways that are already up for concession, more roads under the control of the Federal Government are going to be managed by concessionaires, our correspondent has learnt.

It was gathered that the proposed tolling of roads by the Federal Government would be on the 12 highways under the Highway Development and Management Initiative as well as on other dual carriageways and bridges

Responding to an enquiry by our correspondent, officials of the Federal Ministry of Works and Housing explained that the 12 highways under the HDMI represented about 1,963km and less than 5.6 per cent of Nigeria’s 35,000km federal highway network.

According to them, the roads that will get toll plazas, including the 12 under HDMI, constitute 14.3 per cent or 5,050km.

It was gathered that while the roads under the HDMI initiative were already up for concession, the remaining federal dual carriageways and bridges to be tolled would be managed by concessionaires.

Asked if concessionaires would bid for the roads to be tolled based on the new tolling policy, the Director Highways, Planning and Development, Chukwunninke Uzo, replied in the affirmative.

Uzo, whose response came through the media aide of the Minister of Works and Housing Minister, Hakeem Bello, said, “Yes (on bidding for roads’ tolling). Concessionaires will be selected based on a transparent competitive bidding process, similar to the ongoing HDMI bidding process He said the concessionaires to manage the roads would do so under the supervision of the Federal Government, adding that the roads would be in good motorable condition before tolling begins.

On the projected revenue from the proposed tolling exercise, he said “It will depend on the traffic and classification of vehicles plying the road.

“The tolling policy can now be used by concessionaires to prepare their financial models and projections.”

Uzo explained that the total road network across the country was over 200,000km, but stressed that the tolling policy would ensure that only dual carriageways and dual lane bridges would be tolled

The Minister of Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, who announced the tolling policy approval on August 11, 2021, had explained that Nigerians would pay N200 or N500 at the toll stations, depending on the particular vehicle, once the exercise begins.
It was learnt that the 12 roads that were up for concession under the first phase of the HDMI include Benin-Asaba, Abuja-Lokoja, Kaduna-Kano, Onitsha-Owerri-Aba, Shagamu-Benin, and Abuja-Keffi-Akwanga federal highways.

Others include Lokoja-Benin, Enugu-Port Harcourt, Ilorin-Jebba, Lagos-Ota-Abeokuta, Lagos-Badagry, and Kano-Shuari-PortisKum-Damaturu roads.
Aside from the 12 roads under the HDMI project, officials of the works ministry confirmed that other dual carriageways and bridges would get toll plazas.

“It (toll plazas) is not only for the federal roads that are under the HDMI. Rather, it includes all dual carriageways and bridges, both those under the HDMI as well as others,” the Director, Press and Public Relations, FMWH, Boade Akinola, stated.

She added, “This is because the ones mentioned by the minister has the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Abuja-Kano Road and so on included in them, but those roads are not under the HDMI project.

“The Lagos-Ibadan Expressway reconstruction was started before the HDMI project and the government is fully funding the Lagos-Ibadan road project.

“Also, for the Abuja-Kaduna-Kano-Zaria Road, the government is fully funding that. So all the HDMI roads and all the dual carriageways and bridges are to be tolled. But No single lane will be tolled.

2 Likes

Re: The Evil Toll Gates At Onitsha Second Niger Bridge by nzechu(m): 1:57pm On Mar 15, 2022
id4sho:
Y'all, the bridge was funded under Public Private Partnership PPP and the loans needs to be paid. It was designed like this right from the on set. It better than 5-8hrs traffic congestion commuters face most especially during festivities
the roads in the north and the rails to Niger republic, are they also been tolled? is it fair to toll this and leave those

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Evil Toll Gates At Onitsha Second Niger Bridge by LLiKYekoba: 2:00pm On Mar 15, 2022
BabalawoPikin:
Till then bruh.. The hate people got for igbos will calm when our darling BAT shows up.. Tinubu is comingm. Baba sharp sharp. Not that slowpoke in aso rock. Jagaban no be anybody mate

yoruba man and his chronic self-deceit.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Evil Toll Gates At Onitsha Second Niger Bridge by Shevchenkko: 2:01pm On Mar 15, 2022
ednut1:
https://www.thecable.ng/emefiele-fg-to-toll-lagos-ibadan-expressway-2nd-niger-bridge-to-repay-infrastructure-loans/amp igbos and wailing/victim mentality ehn. Fg is bringing back toll. Why are you guys crying Abeg getout. From the get go the bridge was going to be tolled but guess una ignore that part of the reports then.
Foolish men always choose to use derogatory words in little arguments. How many bridges are tolled in the North ? Just answer me

1 Like

Re: The Evil Toll Gates At Onitsha Second Niger Bridge by Roger3D(m): 2:01pm On Mar 15, 2022
Rayzoom:
the joke is on you because you're an offspring of an animal you call father. Fool!
Does this look human to you? You Aba flesh eating cannibal grin

Re: The Evil Toll Gates At Onitsha Second Niger Bridge by adefitim(m): 2:01pm On Mar 15, 2022
So you mean those train are commuting people for free without paying?

AirFireEarthH20:
I never knew there will be toll gate at the much dramatized bridge. Nigerian government collected loans to build rail to Niger Republic, a less important economic route, for free but these loans would be repaid by Nigeria. While the bridge that will connect those of us from Niger Delta and the Igbo people is going to be tolled? That toll gate will be burnt down... anytime they put it back again, it will be burnt again again. Useless people! I no blame Igbo people sha, na those of us in the Niger Delta wey no get sense. Smh
Re: The Evil Toll Gates At Onitsha Second Niger Bridge by Blackdisciple(m): 2:04pm On Mar 15, 2022
Aselin evil Kam, Fashola that wants to put toll gate in all federal roads as if he will be paying with his money....
Re: The Evil Toll Gates At Onitsha Second Niger Bridge by UnabashedIPOB: 2:09pm On Mar 15, 2022
This is your ONE LIEGERIA. Where are those Buhari apologists and Fulani a$$ lickers who erroneously claim that they are Igbos? What do you have to say about this? Your silence is deafening! I hope LIEGERIA happens to you.
Re: The Evil Toll Gates At Onitsha Second Niger Bridge by funshint(m): 2:10pm On Mar 15, 2022
So what's the fuss about the toll gate? Even this is common on roads in developed countries. This people just like to make fuss out of nothing.
Re: The Evil Toll Gates At Onitsha Second Niger Bridge by ednut1(m): 2:11pm On Mar 15, 2022
Shevchenkko:
Foolish men always choose to use derogatory words in little arguments. How many bridges are tolled in the North ? Just answer me
start with how many bridges of this magnitude exists in the north. The main bridge is not tolled go use it. Those who have money to pay will use the second one. In lagos people paid tolls pre end sars and they didn’t die. Let them finish the project first na. If they don’t collect tolls on other roads as they said then you can start shouting. Abeg rest

4 Likes

Re: The Evil Toll Gates At Onitsha Second Niger Bridge by Shevchenkko: 2:12pm On Mar 15, 2022
ednut1:
start with how many bridges of this magnitude exists in the north
Your argument holds no water. Stop being biased man

1 Like

Re: The Evil Toll Gates At Onitsha Second Niger Bridge by UnabashedIPOB: 2:14pm On Mar 15, 2022
Roger3D:
Does this look human to you? You Aba flesh eating cannibal grin

You can talk all your arrant nonsense but he's a man that you would NEVER become. He would rather die standing tall like a man than live on bended knees all the days of his life. Just keep acting stupid until you die in your freaking a$$ hole country. I would be hear to talk about your demise, fool!
Re: The Evil Toll Gates At Onitsha Second Niger Bridge by ednut1(m): 2:14pm On Mar 15, 2022
Shevchenkko:
Your argument holds no water. Stop being biased man
i edited my response the answer is there.
Re: The Evil Toll Gates At Onitsha Second Niger Bridge by Roger3D(m): 2:16pm On Mar 15, 2022
UnabashedIPOB:

You can talk all your arrant nonsense but he's a man that you would NEVER become. He would rather die standing tall like a man than live on bended knees all the days of his life. Just keep acting stupid until you die in your freaking a$$ hole country. I would be hear to talk about your demise, fool!
E pain this baby cannibal well well grin
Re: The Evil Toll Gates At Onitsha Second Niger Bridge by Onyiiobi7735(m): 2:17pm On Mar 15, 2022
heniford2:
We will blow that shit up soon
Lol! You will help donate dynamite for blowing it up.

1 Like

Re: The Evil Toll Gates At Onitsha Second Niger Bridge by allcomage: 2:18pm On Mar 15, 2022
Batam:
All these online empty threats will not take you guys anywhere, what happens to dialogue with the government on the issue of tolling
Why must Igbo dialogue? Let's have uniform policy if we are one country. The violence we are witnessing in Nigeria is as a result of injustices.

1 Like

Re: The Evil Toll Gates At Onitsha Second Niger Bridge by Shopwiiser: 2:20pm On Mar 15, 2022
sinola:
you have not completed a project and you have already installed toll gate...Anyways,i trust my people
on God... I'm really confident that the toll gates won't last...

Igbo people talk and also perform action.. so I'm not bothered.. let the government keep being stupid... grin las las everybody would use the old and usual niger bridge
Re: The Evil Toll Gates At Onitsha Second Niger Bridge by Shopwiiser: 2:21pm On Mar 15, 2022
Almaigaa:
Hypocrisy at its peak. Why una no complain about the various Pedestrian toll Bridges, Touts errected all over Onitsha and most part of the East, where you must pay to cross a small drainage system?

Yeye People
shey no be Sabinus dey the other side of this bridge grin
Re: The Evil Toll Gates At Onitsha Second Niger Bridge by IfnobeGod20: 2:23pm On Mar 15, 2022
Onepeople:
mr informed if you can't point any project of Buhari administration that is currently being tolled remain silent with your stupid information, this project from day 1, has been all about how to recover back whatever that is been spent, one will be forced to ask if eastern region is on business arrangement with the useless administration. This a government that is currently constructing a railway line to another country from a borrowed fund ,

i pray your life and that of your family will be treated the way and manner Buhari government is treating the people of south east.
You guys have a long way to go with this victim mentality. As today there are many roads in South West been tolled but did you hear the good people there crying foul, no. The Lekki toll gate that you people destroyed are tolled and many within the Lekki axis. The Epe that link to Ogun is also tolled.
Rolling of roads is a new policy from FG, approved by FEC recently. The FG had approved 12 roads to be tolled as you can see in the link below:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/02/fg-plans-tolling-on-12-highways/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwj_rt_yl8j2AhVNa8AKHeerAy0QFnoECAUQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1KhclY40W7EQogEHXcWc4e "The 12 highways to be concessioned under the Ministry’s “Highway Management Development Initiative”, HMDI, are: Benin-Asaba, Abuja-Lokoja, Kano-Katsina, Onitsha-Owerri, Shagamu-Benin and Abuja-Keffi-Akwanga.
Others are: Kano-Shuari, Potiskum-Damaturu, Lokoja-Benin, Enugu-Port Harcourt, Ilorin-Jebba, Lagos-Ota-Abeokuta and Lagos-Badagry-Seme Border".
The above is just for roads but coincidentally, second Niger bridge is the only bridge under construction by the FG and tolling has been part of initial arrangement. Or do you hear any other bridge been constructed by FG any where? You people seeing it as if other bridges are been constructed elsewhere and not tolled.

2 Likes

Re: The Evil Toll Gates At Onitsha Second Niger Bridge by SmartPolician: 2:24pm On Mar 15, 2022
jrusky:
I knew buhari administration is up to something when they started using the bridge as their only achievement. Pls how in heaven you claimed trying to ease people in that region stress and pain by building the bridge yet uncompleted but started mounting Toll gates at 100 meters apart pls is that not madness? Then buhari has done nothing if its the citizen who plies the bridge are the ones to pay for it then Buhari had done nothing.

I'm not saying they should not put toll gate because Lagos has similar toll shit, I think one toll gate in and when return one out its ok then People will appreciate it than turning the bridge to park and drop center.

All the roads being tolled in Lagos are the decision of the Lagos State government. The Second Niger bridge is the only federal bridge that will be tolled upon completion. However, the federal government plans to install tollgates on all its roads.
Re: The Evil Toll Gates At Onitsha Second Niger Bridge by aribisala0(m): 2:26pm On Mar 15, 2022
SmartPolician:

All the roads being tolled in Lagos are the decision of the Lagos State government. The Second Niger bridge is the only federal bridge that will be tolled upon completion. However, the federal government plans to install tollgates on all its roads.
The 2nd Niger Bridge is a project that includes a 10 km motorway. So is the proposed tolling for the bridge alone or the whole road?
Re: The Evil Toll Gates At Onitsha Second Niger Bridge by PericomaNwankwo: 2:27pm On Mar 15, 2022
Can I publish this on my blog?? Send me your profile for reference @rugaria

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Sanusi, Ganduje Reunite In Abuja Airport Two Years After Dethronement / Diezani's Alison-Madueke's Banana Island Edifice Seized By FG (Photos) / Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.