Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,170 members, 7,849,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:03 AM

Jonathan Vs Buhari: What Has Changed? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Vs Buhari: What Has Changed? (42246 Views)

Falana Reacts To Suspension Of Ruga Settlements, Tells Buhari What To Do / Atiku vs Buhari: What happened in court on Tuesday / #ZamfaraKillings: Jonathan Vs Buhari's Protests (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: What Has Changed? by bluefilm: 6:55pm On Mar 16, 2022
VaselineCrew:

Well I’m no economist, but I don’t think being the only president in the world to fly out of your country to seek medical help in another country can be good for your economy, or healthcare system, but what do I know?

Maybe one day, Biden, Putin and the rest will follow in your great leaders footsteps, by coming for medical treatment in LASU.

So your problem is just that the president often travels out for medical checkups?

Hmmm... I'm wondering now how does that affect Fuel pump price?

And if the president decides to be having his medical checkups at LASU, please tell me, how will that make food prices to fall?
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: What Has Changed? by Dannyyoung26(m): 7:19pm On Mar 16, 2022
Blablamalala:
angry
What you hear when they are seeking for power.... So sad� but we just started learning the lesson�. Praying for Nigeria 2015 does it have any impact? Prayers that has been answered from onset but when you have gullible leaders �‍♂️ if I go to church and they say I should pray for Nigeria I switch....
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: What Has Changed? by Aflix(m): 7:22pm On Mar 16, 2022
rita25:
WILL YOU FOR ANYREASON AGREE ON A STRIKE AGAINST BUHARI?
What do you mean by a strike against Buhari?? I don’t like Buhari’s government one bit and I would be happy if he leaves office today if that makes Nigeria better!
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: What Has Changed? by tragergeorge(m): 7:28pm On Mar 16, 2022
Rickylambert:

You are pathetic
Ppl like you are heart harden,once taken a position....nothing changes it.
You don’t have blood running in u.
u don't have to insult me man,,,I only being rational and I got folks in US even in Europe,both gas,fuel, groceries on the increase,since 2020 till now the increment over 50 percent on some products..
I not supporting ya papa head here if that's what you thinking okay,I only stating the obvious....no let me insult ya pa ooo
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: What Has Changed? by Mooh247: 7:28pm On Mar 16, 2022
VaselineCrew:

Na wa ooo, but aren’t you the same guy supporting a Tinubu presidency?

Yes I am
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: What Has Changed? by jaxxy(m): 7:31pm On Mar 16, 2022
Peng12345:

It surprises me why everyone of them that came out to protest are not evening saying anything, everyone just keep mute like everything is perfect

The problem is people who escalate protests to removing a democratic government which is completely impossible.

Endsars was a nightmare not only to the government bt to many private citizens and business people. It was hijacked bt hooligans from both government and opposition.

People are now careful to avoid a repeat of such disaster.
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: What Has Changed? by VaselineCrew: 8:05pm On Mar 16, 2022
bluefilm:

So your problem is just that the president often travels out for medical checkups?

Hmmm... I'm wondering now how does that affect Fuel pump price?

And if the president decides to be having his medical checkups at LASU, please tell me, how will that make food prices to fall?

Well I did preface my statement by saying I am no economist.

However, the way you just dismissed my concern on medical tourism is quite callous, no?

Besides the economy issue, isn’t is a security risk to have the number one citizen being sliced open by foreigners while unconscious on foreign soil? That alone is a red flag and a very big one at that.

As it relates to the economy though, so you don’t believe that maybe, if a president could fix the hospitals here to such a high standard deemed fit for himself, it would attract medical tourism into the country? Other countries trooping in with foreign currency to use our facilities, I believe, would be a plus for our economy, not so? Or maybe I’m wrong? Or maybe you can’t even fathom a Nigeria with a good medical system.

You talked about food prices, but it was under the watch of this president that we started hearing the phrase, “Herder - Farmer clashes”. I don’t think I had ever heard that phrase before Buhari became the president of Nigeria.

Why claim on one hand that the herders are from other countries in front of the then USA President, Donald Trump, while on the other hand be willing to cede large portions of land to the same foreigners you claimed are responsible for the clashes as a way to end the clashes. Doesn’t make sense, and I’m sure it didn’t contribute to a boost in farm produce either with the prolonged crisis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4Cn47ePFAU

As for Fuel, this same man was so ignorant of the ongoings in the oil sector that he boldly claimed there was nothing like subsidy, shouting, “who is subsidizing who?” This is the same person you put your trust in? Someone who didn’t even understand the issues at hand, yet has been forced by the reality of the situation to pay even more than 3 times the previous cost of subsidy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAriq3_2zaM

Fuel is admittedly a very touchy subject in Nigeria because Nigerians want cheap fuel, heck even I want cheap fuel, but how realistic is this?

What I would say though is that it definitely would be much much cheaper to get refined fuel from our own backyard than having to pay in dollars and ship it from a country thousands of kilometers away.

All in all, Buhari is just not a good president, he doesn’t even communicate periodically with the masses via the press like other countries presidents do. You just hear from the guy like on New Year’s Day or something, like, the guy no even send.
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: What Has Changed? by Xtopher123(m): 8:18pm On Mar 16, 2022
smirn:

2023 Will Make no difference as far as we know, we perceive that successive government are always worst than their predecessors.
Everyone is beginning to see the reality so no one want to talk or protest.
Funny to state that we judge our economy by mere price of commodities instead of the affordability. A price of cement is now 5000k but people afford it more than when it was selling for just 1500k.
Turning around the economy is all about creating opportunities and it's a process.
People are now crying that they is no fuel whereas we didn't know any scarcity for over four years ago now.
We need to accept realities and be patient as a people. Let see how 2023 is going to change things.

This is a very daft response. One devoid of sense and thinking.

Have salaries increased? Has the purchasing power of your currency increased?

How you came up with this response beats me. People are putting in triple the work and earning the same pay whilst prices skyrocket. You've not heard of inflation?

You're busy getting comfortable with suffering whilst your mates in progressive countries are making strides. Continue.
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: What Has Changed? by SeeItSayIt: 11:07pm On Mar 16, 2022
They (useless professors & literates claiming elites) sold themselves for a teacup value therefore lost their voices.

They've destroyed more than they built, if ever built. Maybe we've been hyping them all these while.

They're always majorly dominated by Yorubas who claims more educated. Indeed they're educated but most blind, have no insight, can't project future, most weak & always a betrayer for greed reasons not to benefits others.
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: What Has Changed? by EkperemoEgbabi: 6:55am On Mar 17, 2022
[s]SeeItSayIt:
They (useless professors & literates claiming elites) sold themselves for a teacup value therefore lost their voices.

They've destroyed more than they built, if ever built. Maybe we've been hyping them all these while.

They're always majorly dominated by Yorubas who claims more educated. Indeed they're educated but most blind, have no insight, can't project future, most weak & always a betrayer for greed reasons not to benefits others.[/s]

What is this thing writing??
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: What Has Changed? by donb06: 7:40am On Mar 17, 2022
bluefilm:
The saddest part is that if you ask most of these idiots mentioning Buhari's name to suggest how the country's economic situation can be improved, you will become so dumbfounded with how clueless they are on such matters.

But yet, they are here blaming Buhari up and down and venting their frustrations on Seun's servers as if Buhari is the only reason now why everything is wrong in their lives since they were born.

Nonsense. angry
That's why they aren't the president... Not did they contest...
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: What Has Changed? by Nobody: 8:50am On Mar 17, 2022
Dannyyoung26:

What you hear when they are seeking for power.... So sad� but we just started learning the lesson�. Praying for Nigeria 2015 does it have any impact? Prayers that has been answered from onset but when you have gullible leaders �‍♂️ if I go to church and they say I should pray for Nigeria I switch....

grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wike And Fubara Compete Through Bags Of Rice Distribution In Rivers State / After Meeting With Buhari Tinubu Insist On Sanwo-olu / Maryam Abacha & Her Grandchildren (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.