Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,728 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

I Beat Up My Husband Because He Is Irresponsible - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Beat Up My Husband Because He Is Irresponsible (4652 Views)

My Wife Is More Sexually Responsive After I Beat Her Up / Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype / Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Beat Up My Husband Because He Is Irresponsible by aloyemeka2: 2:36am On Jul 01, 2011
Thursday, June 30, 2011
[size=14pt]I beat up my husband because he is irresponsible, woman tells court[/size]

Temitayo Famutimi

A woman, Toyosi Lasisi, on Wednesday told a Grade 'A' Customary Court sitting in Shomolu, Lagos, that she beat up her husband, Tajudeen Lasisi, on account of his irresponsibility.

advertisement

Tajudeen, a refrigerator technician, had approached the court to put an end to the 25-year-old marriage on the grounds that his estranged wife constantly beat him up and attacked him with broken bottles and machetes, which had at different times caused him serious bodily injuries. He also accused Toyosi of been cold-hearted.

Toyosi, who admitted beating her husband, however, blamed the incident on the perpetual failure of Tajudeen to provide the family's basic needs despite her entreaties on several occasions.

Toyosi said, "Instead of catering for the basic needs of the family, he spends his money on alcohol and on his numerous girlfriends. He has even stopped paying house rents. He currently owes a six-month rent arrears. He has also stopped paying utility bills. He keeps late nights and comes home drunk.

"Besides, he is a woman freak and values his girlfriends than the children and me. As if that was not enough, he has started dating a young woman opposite the house where we live. He rented an apartment for her while he refused to cater for our well-being at home. I beat him whenever we quarrelled."

Toyosi prayed the court to disregard the prayer of his estranged husband, stressing that he still loved him and was not ready to part ways with him.

Tajudeen however told the court that he was no longer interested in the marraige that had produced three children.

He said, "I have lived with this dangerous woman for 25 years and I cannot continue to endanger my life. My mind is made up. She has always accused me of keeping numerous girlfriends but has she caught me pants down with anyone of them? I had never raised up my hands against her since we got married."

The husband accused the wife of always insulting him on the slightest provocation, while attacking him with weapons anytime they had a fight.

"Last week Tuesday, she attacked me with a sharp object and I have since left home so that she would not take my life for no just cause," Tajudeen said.

The President of the court, Mrs. Modupe Bajulaiye, directed the estranged couple to arrange a meeting with their respective families for a possible reconciliation before the next adjourned date.

Bajulaiye however ordered the couple not to do anything that would in anyway undermine public peace and urged them to be of good behaviour during the period of exhausting the possibilities of out-of-court -settlement.

She subsequently adjourned the case till July 20 for further hearing.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art2011063035470
Re: I Beat Up My Husband Because He Is Irresponsible by kandiikane(m): 7:33am On Jul 01, 2011
Men who let them selves get beaten by their wives continuously make my skin crawl but its not about me. wink

I believe what the woman(the woman is always right) tongue wrote about the girlfriends and not taking care of the family to be true but there are other ways to deal with such matters.

I do not condone domestic abuse on both sides but a man should be able to control  lipsrsealed be the man of the house and he should know that this woman is not my punching bag, she is the mother of my children and women these days need to learn and have self respect and know that they are talking to their husbands. Do not ever marry a woman(slightly manly looking  with noticeable muscles) that can beat you up not good for your reputation.
Re: I Beat Up My Husband Because He Is Irresponsible by Nobody: 8:10am On Jul 01, 2011
Crazy woman. Which yeye love? You want to kill the man na by force? Divorce the pyscho jare. Imagine oh breaking bottle
Re: I Beat Up My Husband Because He Is Irresponsible by snthesis(m): 8:34am On Jul 01, 2011
trying to picture the scenario of the guy packing his stuffs and running to his parents house, and the popsy asks his son wetin happen. the Dude replies: na my wife dey beat me o grin grin grin
Re: I Beat Up My Husband Because He Is Irresponsible by Nobody: 10:21am On Jul 01, 2011
snthesis:

trying to picture the scenario of the guy packing his stuffs and running to his parents house, and the popsy asks his son wetin happen. the Dude replies: na my wife dey beat me o grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin can't stop laughing grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Beat Up My Husband Because He Is Irresponsible by georgem(m): 10:55am On Jul 01, 2011
hmmmm! very funny
Re: I Beat Up My Husband Because He Is Irresponsible by dboss4life: 10:58am On Jul 01, 2011
in situations like this the best and right thing to do at this point is to seek for a divorce and end d marriage. its better to be divorced and still be alife than to continue with the unhappy marriage and loose ones life at the end of the day.  life is more precious  than anything in this world and  should not be traded  for anything, not even for a woman.

so let the man seek for a divorce and have a life because if he continues like this, one day, he might be tempted to fight back and might kill his wife, the tune will now change to murder so the best solution now is to divorce the woman and move on with his life, afterall he has children so he should concentrate more on how to cater for his children than wasting his time on a violent wife who sees violence as the only tool for conflict resolution.
Re: I Beat Up My Husband Because He Is Irresponsible by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 01, 2011
A friends father told me this gist about his neighbors whose wife used to beat him. One day the wife beat the man so bad that he ran and jumped over d fence into my friends dads place. The wife came over the fence and was shouting in hausa " ku miko min shi na " meaning throw him over the fence to me and the man feeling safe and totally shameless replied " ba za su miku ni din ba, in ba ki da kunya su su na da shi" meaning they won't throw me oh, if u no get shame, dem dey get. Sad thing is that despite family intervention the man still takes d abuse, his brother came once ansd challenged d wife the man beat up his brother. Domestic violence is unacceptable
Re: I Beat Up My Husband Because He Is Irresponsible by horny4u(f): 11:50am On Jul 01, 2011
A woman will not just start beating her husband just like that,
the man must have been very naughty,
The neighbours should intervene on his behalf next time ,
so she can reduce his punishment to kneel and face the wall, eyes closed and arms up.
The man is always wrong.

1 Like

Re: I Beat Up My Husband Because He Is Irresponsible by quadrant4: 12:00pm On Jul 01, 2011
aanumama how you dey.
Re: I Beat Up My Husband Because He Is Irresponsible by emmatok(m): 1:00pm On Jul 01, 2011
horny4u:

so she can reduce his punishment to kneel and face the wall, eyes closed and arms up.
The man is always wrong.

See your self,

If it was the other way round you be calling that man a beast.
Re: I Beat Up My Husband Because He Is Irresponsible by kandiikane(m): 3:59pm On Jul 01, 2011
emmatok:

See your self,

If it was the other way round you be calling that man a beast.

cheesy cheesy
Re: I Beat Up My Husband Because He Is Irresponsible by dayokanu(m): 4:18pm On Jul 01, 2011
horny4u:

The man is always wrong.

Ok I get in some cases the man deserves beating, Can you tell in which cases the woman deserves beating?
Re: I Beat Up My Husband Because He Is Irresponsible by mukina2: 5:05pm On Jul 01, 2011
snthesis:

grin grin clown grin
Re: I Beat Up My Husband Because He Is Irresponsible by kokoye(m): 6:12pm On Jul 01, 2011
OK. so I guess it is OK for a woman to beat a man in some situations now.

arent we all just hypocrites??
Re: I Beat Up My Husband Because He Is Irresponsible by BABE3: 6:18pm On Jul 01, 2011
What sort woman is this? Can't she ask for a divorce--isn't that a better reason to have a court/lawyer situation than murder?

Some people are just plain violent and crazy--mscheww---nonsense. Beating up a man---she's not even ashamed.

There are better ways to go about things--which one is beating your husband again--

@People saying this is OK---- if the woman had killed the husband "mistakenly" now--y'all will be singing another song o. If it was the man beating the woman y'all will be dancing to another tune. Yeye.

Re: I Beat Up My Husband Because He Is Irresponsible by mukina2: 6:19pm On Jul 01, 2011
kokoye:

OK. so I guess it is OK for a woman to beat a man in some situations now.

arent we all just hypocrites??
i am not in the 'we' thanks grin

Abuse of any sort is bad, whether its man beating woman or woman beating man wink
Re: I Beat Up My Husband Because He Is Irresponsible by kokoye(m): 7:40pm On Jul 01, 2011
Just funny to me that some people here are making fun of the man for running.

what if he had retaliated . . what would you all be saying??
Re: I Beat Up My Husband Because He Is Irresponsible by aloyemeka2: 1:43am On Jul 02, 2011
kokoye:

Just funny to me that some people here are making fun of the man for running.

what if he had retaliated . . what would you all be saying??

[size=14pt]WOMAN BEATER!!!!!!![/size]
Re: I Beat Up My Husband Because He Is Irresponsible by Outstrip(f): 4:01am On Jul 02, 2011
The woman is crazy. He needs to leave her. She still seems to be justifying her actions
Re: I Beat Up My Husband Because He Is Irresponsible by Nobody: 4:07am On Jul 02, 2011
The only irresponsible one here is you Madam. Who fights with bottles and machettes? Deranged woman. The husband should ve sued earlier. Which stupid love is dat?
Re: I Beat Up My Husband Because He Is Irresponsible by aloyemeka2: 4:16am On Jul 02, 2011
"Besides, he is a woman freak and values his girlfriends than the children and me. As if that was not enough, he has started dating a young woman opposite the house where we live. He rented an apartment for her while he refused to cater for our well-being at home. I beat him whenever we quarrelled."

Toyosi prayed the court to disregard the prayer of his estranged husband, stressing that she still loved him and was not ready to part ways with him.

You mean there are no other men out there for you to date/marry except the cheater?.
Re: I Beat Up My Husband Because He Is Irresponsible by no1madman(m): 9:54am On Jul 02, 2011
she insults and picks fights at d slightest provocation. . .shame lots of naija women get dis behaviour. . . D man go find peace somewhere else na. .
Re: I Beat Up My Husband Because He Is Irresponsible by fumisko(f): 12:11pm On Jul 02, 2011
ok if the man beats her back you would abuse him if he chooses to be calm and let her beat him or he walks out you call him a coward so wat exactly do you expect him to do tongue
Re: I Beat Up My Husband Because He Is Irresponsible by kandiikane(m): 2:14pm On Jul 02, 2011
Divorce or walk away.
Re: I Beat Up My Husband Because He Is Irresponsible by ronkebp(f): 3:00pm On Jul 02, 2011
Very funny, '.i laugh in french', it is always the men beating up their wives, it feels good to have a change sometimes, He has not been able to beat the wive all these years, because, 'who born am', the woman would panelbeat him, lol, Anyways i don't support violence either way, the guy should run for his dear life.
Re: I Beat Up My Husband Because He Is Irresponsible by aloyemeka2: 12:52am On Jul 03, 2011
fumisko:

ok if the man beats her back you would abuse him if he chooses to be calm and let her beat him or he walks out you call him a coward so wat exactly do you expect him to do tongue

Endure the beating while it lasts; is he not  a man?.  Why are men puccies these days?, They whine and complain too much joor. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: I Beat Up My Husband Because He Is Irresponsible by kandiikane(m): 12:57am On Jul 03, 2011
^^That means that women too should endure the beatings or are they not women? After all they CAN endure childbirth.
Re: I Beat Up My Husband Because He Is Irresponsible by Outstrip(f): 2:39am On Jul 03, 2011
aloy-emeka:

Endure the beating while it lasts; is he not a man?. Why are men puccies these days?, They whine and complain too much joor. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

It is more than the beating. Aside from the fact that you dehumanize a person when you beat them like they are worthless she could actually kill him. A lot of men who kill their wives have to hot them just once the right way and that is it. They have now murdered her. What if she hit him and he falls and hits his head and has a serious head injury. There is no place for assault in a marriage. I don't care of the person hitting is 3 feet tall. The man needs to leave her so that she can figure out the reason for her madness.
Re: I Beat Up My Husband Because He Is Irresponsible by Nobody: 3:25am On Jul 03, 2011
My people Change has finally come. Enough of women beaters grin grin grin
Re: I Beat Up My Husband Because He Is Irresponsible by tpia5: 1:06pm On Jul 03, 2011
But most of these men do not complain when oyibo beats them up.
Re: I Beat Up My Husband Because He Is Irresponsible by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jul 04, 2011
And what exactly did that solve?

(1) (2) (Reply)

And He Has A 'side Chick' / Your Wedding Night / Lose Weight Naturally Within 9 Days Without Any Side Effect.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.