Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

Cardinal Okogie Says No To Islamic Banking - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cardinal Okogie Says No To Islamic Banking (9558 Views)

Cardinal Onaiyekan Disowns Recent Interview Against President Buhari / Buhari’s Ministerial List Shows That He Belongs To Somebody – Cardinal Okogie / Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cardinal Okogie Says No To Islamic Banking by hbrednic: 4:55pm On Jul 02, 2011
NO to almajiri bank,we dont need it.
Re: Cardinal Okogie Says No To Islamic Banking by omoalaro: 5:07pm On Jul 02, 2011
Quote from: MShittu on Today at 12:45:27 AM
I'm less interested in what Boko Haram will do with this, as there is a silent revolution going on up North where people are forsaking the half-truths Imams sometimes feed the people and are beginning to learn Arabic to understand the true meaning of the Qur'an for themselves. I'll be surprised if Boko Haram is still around by the time my generation are adults.
[b]The people who I hope read this are those on Nairaland who so frequently insult Islam. [/b]Those people call islam a ton of names without even trying to go and find out for themselves the religion's true message. I want those people to read this and to understand that the Islam terrorists believe in is anything but the Islam that we Muslims believe God gave us and our Prophet, Muhammad, PBUH, started the spread of. I don't want to convert anyone, simply because religion is an entirely personal thing, but I just want that hostility towards Islam and towards Muslims to lessen. It's really uncalled for and is equally hurtful.

MShittu, Don't bother yourself with them, they know the truth and are simply mischievous. They are Islamophobic. When a Christian Joseph commits a crime they simply call him a criminal, but when a muslim Yusuf commits a crime they call him a muslim criminal. Their strategy is to repeat this several times in the media (They own them anyway) and it would stick. Anytime you hear Islam, what you most likely hear next is a crime or violence.

Come to think of it how many crimes are committed daily in the world. US govt bombing and killing people everywhere every day and you don't get to hear Christianity attached to these crimes.

No matter how many verses of the Qur'an you quote for them, they have made up their minds, The Qur'an says of them: Deaf, Dumb and Blind, They will never understand.

The other day on NL, one among them translated "wa ma karu wa ma kara llahu, wa llahu khairin maakirin" as "They deceive and Allah deceives and Allah is the best of deceivers". Can you believe That?. when every translated Qur'an translated it as "And they plan and Allah plans, and Allah is the best of planners". May be they even have written their own Qur'an, There is nothing they cannot do.

I have read one them who quoted only the bolded verse below without the rest verses to support his arguments that Allah cursed those who prayed in the Qur'an.

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

1. Seest thou one who denies the Judgment (to come)?

2. Then such is the (man) who repulses the orphan (with harshness),

3. And encourages not the feeding of the indigent.

4. So woe to the worshippers

5. Who are neglectful of their prayers,

6. Those who (want but) to be seen (of men),

7. But refuse (to supply) (even) neighbourly needs. (Surah 107)

Surah 109 of the Qur'an clearly buttress the fact that there shall be no compulsion in matters of faith.

1. Say : O ye that reject Faith!

2. I worship not that which ye worship,

3. Nor will ye worship that which I worship.

4. And I will not worship that which ye have been wont to worship,

5. Nor will ye worship that which I worship.

6. To you be your Way, and to me mine.

LagosShia: Jazakhumullahu khairan for your efforts. I miss SweetNectar on this thread.
Re: Cardinal Okogie Says No To Islamic Banking by dvee2: 5:45pm On Jul 02, 2011
The discorse about islamic banking have been won and lost already.On this matter you are not challenging only Northern muslims alone as usual,you are confronting all Nigerian muslims north,south,east and west. The approval has already been given. Be part of it if you want,and if you dont so be it.
It is not compulsory,even the vertican endoses it.or are you claiming higher moral ground than the vatican?Just go educate yourself about the merit and demerit and stop all this islamophobia.Nobody wants to islamatise Nigeria.it is not possible to do that,its only in your imagination or myopia.
Re: Cardinal Okogie Says No To Islamic Banking by omoalaro: 5:56pm On Jul 02, 2011
dudubody« #45 on: Today at 02:22:40 PM »

@lagoshia, pls do not start a cyber religion war, u ve made some meaningful points, but now u r attacking christianity. in regards to the issue of missionary schools, [b]these are christian schools, why send your child to a christian school if u r a muslim, there are many muslims school in nigeria, i can remember back in my secondary school days, i used to visit my friends in anwaru islam college at agege, [/b]they recite those muslims prayers on the assembly ground every morning, same happens in christian schools. i dont just understand y this is a problem. in our days u choose between bible knowledge and islamic religion knowledge. books used in schools are approved by the ministry of education. in western world there are many books u can read, there are bad stuff on tv and internet, u can choose whichever u want your kids to read or watch, on tv its called parental control, its even on your computer too, block the kids from viewing certain sites.

If this schools have not created problems over the years and regulated by an agency of govt. why are you so opposed to the banks that will also be regulated by an agency of govt. Apply for your own licence and form a christian bank. Let people choose which bank they want to use. Why are you simply averse to anything Islamic?. You people are creating tention in the land over nothing. The west have recognised the fact that islam has a prescribed solution to a problem facing the world right now, they have embraced it. The Pope has spoken in support of it. but Bigots in Nigeria feeding fat on ignorant flocks are spewing hatred and so called literate followers can not call them to order. Shame!!
Re: Cardinal Okogie Says No To Islamic Banking by santony2k(m): 6:14pm On Jul 02, 2011
Please look at the requirements for opening a islamic bank. If it requires you to be muslim, then it fails from it onset since it discriminates against other religions.

Thats my 2 cents.
Re: Cardinal Okogie Says No To Islamic Banking by dvee2: 6:38pm On Jul 02, 2011
santony2k (m)
New York, USA

Re: Cardinal Okogie Says No To Islamic Banking
« #100 on: Today at 06:14:55 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please look at the requirements for opening a islamic bank. If it requires you to be muslim, then it fails from it onset since it discriminates against other religions.

Thats my 2 cents

Santony there is no requirement that says you must be a muslim to open an islamic bank,infact some of the approve ones are calling for shareholding take up from all nigerians already.However there are guidelines as to how to operarate it.briefly no giving or taking of interest,and no transactions in some few prohibitive goods/services like gambling,alcohol to mention a few.
Re: Cardinal Okogie Says No To Islamic Banking by LagosShia: 6:49pm On Jul 02, 2011
omo alaro:

Quote from: MShittu on Today at 12:45:27 AM
MShittu, Don't bother yourself with them, they know the truth and are simply mischievous. They are Islamophobic. When a Christian Joseph commits a crime they simply call him a criminal, but when a muslim Yusuf commits a crime they call him a muslim criminal. Their strategy is to repeat this several times in the media (They own them anyway) and it would stick. Anytime you hear Islam, what you most likely hear next is a crime or violence.

Come to think of it how many crimes are committed daily in the world. US govt bombing and killing people everywhere every day and you don't get to hear Christianity attached to these crimes.

No matter how many verses of the Qur'an you quote for them, they have made up their minds, The Qur'an says of them: Deaf, Dumb and Blind, They will never understand.

The other day on NL, one among them translated "wa ma karu wa ma kara llahu, wa llahu khairin maakirin" as "They deceive and Allah deceives and Allah is the best of deceivers". Can you believe That?. when every translated Qur'an translated it as "And they plan and Allah plans, and Allah is the best of planners". May be they even have written their own Qur'an, There is nothing they cannot do.

I have read one them who quoted only the bolded verse below without the rest verses to support his arguments that Allah cursed those who prayed in the Qur'an.

1. Seest thou one who denies the Judgment (to come)?

2. Then such is the (man) who repulses the orphan (with harshness),

3. And encourages not the feeding of the indigent.

4. So woe to the worshippers

5. Who are neglectful of their prayers,

6. Those who (want but) to be seen (of men),

7. But refuse (to supply) (even) neighbourly needs. (Surah 107)

Surah 109 of the Qur'an clearly buttress the fact that there shall be no compulsion in matters of faith.

1. Say : O ye that reject Faith!

2. I worship not that which ye worship,

3. Nor will ye worship that which I worship.

4. And I will not worship that which ye have been wont to worship,

5. Nor will ye worship that which I worship.

6. To you be your Way, and to me mine.

LagosShia: Jazakhumullahu khairan for your efforts. I miss SweetNectar on this thread.

thank you my dear brother.

you post says alot of their deception.in another thread someone also tried to play with words of the Quran (page 10,the the forth post before the last is my reply):

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-693608.288.html
Re: Cardinal Okogie Says No To Islamic Banking by BetaThings: 7:37pm On Jul 02, 2011
bigdoo:

Can the president GEJ please relieve Mr Sanusi of his post as CBN governor ASAP.  He has nothing to offer Nigerians.  The naira has become weakened since he took over office from Prof Soludo who was capable of making the naira much stronger during his reign as CBN governor.  I was highly disappointed when Mr Sanusi was given an award for good performance.  I fully understand that most people get awards based on their connections and their power to lobby and not on merit.  If not how can such a dullhead get such an award?
Are you sure about the value of the Naira.
BTW the problem of the Naira is called by the FG, not CBN. If you want to relieve anyone of a job, it is President Jonathnan
The value of a currency is dictated by reserves, export/import ratio, confidence/stability
How does Sanusi control export or import or engender stability/confidence in the economy?

Please don't let us open the book on Soludo, we are talking about Islamic Banking and the reflex action opposition of christians to matters Islamic
Re: Cardinal Okogie Says No To Islamic Banking by Princek12(m): 7:43pm On Jul 02, 2011
Nigeria will always be a slow state as long as all these Muslims want to mix religion and government. No progressive society can realize its dreams if government establishes one religion over another or if government uses religion as an impetus to enacting legislation and running society. That is a recipe for disaster.

First, it is the Constitution establishing Sharia law, now it is Islamic banking. And I thought Nigeria is supposed to be a secular state, where government is not supposed to advance any religion.

All these Muslims think first with their Quran before they think with their common sense, and do not care about the implications and consequences of their actions. That is why just about all Muslims state have no freedom for their citizens and are not progressive. There, women have no rights, no freedom to practice your religion, no freedom to express yourself artistically, no freedom to drink alcohol, no freedom to go to night clubs, and so on. Then you will see all those Muslim kids in Yankee running around in different clubs and enjoying the freedoms that were denied to them in by their slow Muslim clerics all because of religion.

It is fundamental for humans to want to be free, and it should be a fundamental right. I do not give a hoot about what anyone says, but I am just speaking the plain, old-fashioned truth. Nigeria should split. I am sick and tired of all these Muslims who want to impose their religion on everyone through the government. Government should not support any religion. The fundamental right of every Nigerian--individually, and not as a group-- should be protected
Re: Cardinal Okogie Says No To Islamic Banking by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 02, 2011
My question is, if there are good aspects of this Banking principle can we not introduce the important features to our everyday Banking without the distracting titles and policies that have religious affiliations.

I think all who want a peaceful and progressive Nigeria where everybody has a voice no matter their tribe, language or religion must oppose this "Islamic Banking" or "Sharia Banking" with everything they got.

It is absolute madness and should not have been elevated as an issue of National discuss.
Re: Cardinal Okogie Says No To Islamic Banking by hubreality(m): 8:02pm On Jul 02, 2011
What stops CBN governor from having Christian banking, Hindu banking, Afa banking and the rest of them. Religion is the BIGGEST DISEASE living with mankindlipsrsealed
Re: Cardinal Okogie Says No To Islamic Banking by okunoba(m): 8:32pm On Jul 02, 2011
There is nothing wrong with having Islamic banking as long as it meets the required standard and it`s not being funded by the Gov`t. The cardinal should concentrate on more important issues facing the country and the church. LIVE AND LET LIVE

@omoalaro, You are in denial about the atrocities committed in the name of Islam, US Govt as people of all religions and non believers as well. If christian Joseph steals or kills he his a criminal, if Yusuf steals or kills he his also a criminal, the only time someone is referred to as a Muslim criminal is when the person claims they were inspired by the teachings of Islam to commit the crime. The same thing can be said about believers, no matter how many verses of the Koran you quote showing that the Koran teaches extreme violence, they will never see it because their mind was made up many years ago from the religious indoctrination they went through as kids. Religious people are usually deaf, dumb and blind. Their ability to reason taken away by dogma.
Re: Cardinal Okogie Says No To Islamic Banking by maasoap(m): 8:57pm On Jul 02, 2011
When Islam has given a way to prevent economic meltdown over more than 1000 years ago and the world at large is embracing it today, I must confess that I really love what Christianity has to offer the world. Christianity at its best is offering the world the way of Sodom and Gomorah, lesbianism, gay marriages, rapist bishops and archbishops, gay bishops, capitalist and thieving daddies, Rev. Kings, churches of Satan, churches of nudity, as well as display of oppression all over the world. I'm proud of my religion, Islam. The conservative religion that preserves human value and dignity. Christians, where are your moral rights? You have lost it. I don't preach to the deaf, dumb and blind in one.
Re: Cardinal Okogie Says No To Islamic Banking by naijaking1: 9:21pm On Jul 02, 2011
mikeansy:

My question is, if there are good aspects of this Banking principle can we not introduce the important features to our everyday Banking without the distracting titles and policies that have religious affiliations.

I think all who want a peaceful and progressive Nigeria where everybody has a voice no matter their tribe, language or religion must oppose this "Islamic Banking" or "Sharia Banking" with everything they got.

It is absolute madness and should not have been elevated as an issue of National discuss.

That's what presently obtains on the ground. There are many types of non-interest, low-interest, and co-operative banking servicesall over the Third World including Nigeria, but Sanusi would not rest until he puts the big bad Islamic stamp and title on ours.
Very soon, certain forms of financing may not even be available to non-muslims who wouldn't want to patronize Islamic banks. It usually starts smal small in Nigeria, by the time you know what's going on now a great percentage of our financial houses would be federal goverment supported and of course islamic.
Re: Cardinal Okogie Says No To Islamic Banking by nbltech(m): 9:40pm On Jul 02, 2011
if Danish cantoon of prophet of mohammed,death of osama bin laden will cause ripple in nigeria.i do wonder will become of we christians introduce Christian banking.
Re: Cardinal Okogie Says No To Islamic Banking by sr: 9:56pm On Jul 02, 2011
When ever I go through threads like this I pity us, is only in Nija that bigotry makes literates and so called religious leader talk like st*rk illiterates just to get cheap PR. Isn't islamic practiced in th so called secular capitals of th world? Mtscheew!
Re: Cardinal Okogie Says No To Islamic Banking by Princek12(m): 10:09pm On Jul 02, 2011
sr:

When ever I go through threads like this I pity us, is only in Nija that bigotry makes literates and so called religious leader talk like st*rk illiterates just to get cheap PR. Isn't islamic practiced in th so called secular capitals of th world? Mtscheew!

think with your brain and apply common sense. No one says Islam should not be practiced, but that government should not support any program that causes excessive government entanglement with the religion, which advance the religion, and which practically has no secular purpose. It is good for society.

Take your Quran  lens off and reason like a logical individual. If Sango, Obatala, Christians, Jews, Aethists, and all the other want to introduce their own banking, don't you think that would be chaotic.?
Re: Cardinal Okogie Says No To Islamic Banking by manny4life(m): 10:12pm On Jul 02, 2011
hubreality:

What stops CBN governor from having Christian banking, Hindu banking, Afa banking and the rest of them. Religion is the BIGGEST DISEASE living with mankindlipsrsealed

Thank you! I asked this same question in two other threads, still no one has answered it. Why is there Christian banking? After all the bible was inscribed more than 2,000 years ago, and the laws in the bible strictly govern non interest banking as u will see it in Islamic Banking.

sr:

like which and which capitals ? You mean Islamic nations or western nations? Please let us know. A country like Nigeria where u know religion is a serious issue, there are things that are ticking time bomb and u just don't do, just because it's right doesn't make it ethical.

maasoap:

When Islam has given a way to prevent economic meltdown over more than 1000 years ago and the world at large is embracing it today, I must confess that I really love what Christianity has to offer the world. Christianity at its best is offering the world the way of Sodom and Gomorah, lesbianism, man-lover marriages, despoiler bishops and archbishops, man-lover bishops, capitalist and thieving daddies, Rev. Kings, churches of Satan, churches of Unclothedness, as well as display of oppression all over the world. I'm proud of my religion, Islam. The conservative religion that preserves human value and dignity. Christians, where are your moral rights? You have lost it. I don't preach to the deaf, dumb and blind in one.

My friend stop talking trash if u have nothing to say, shut up. Sodomy started way back in the modern day Mid East Nations, you guys brought sodomy into this world that's why God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah. You're so blind that you cannot remove what's in your own eyes but looking to pick others out first. Tell me what Islamic nation has no man-lover or lady-loving-lady in them, even African Islamic nation, and I will find world archived news to prove to you that yes they do. As for all your other thrash, I pretty much say irrelevance at it's peak. Talk about human values, u mean Islam the religion that encourages bombings, WILLFUL destruction of lives and property, well it's no news that the Qur'an is the training manual of terrorism? Yes because Islam encourages such and the Qur'an is used a justification of such.
Re: Cardinal Okogie Says No To Islamic Banking by Remii(m): 10:37pm On Jul 02, 2011
Going by caption below from wikipedea,  the cardinal should advocate a way to colabo with Muslims to form the bank instaed of attacking it,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_banking#Christianity

Judaism:
Loans and interest in Judaism and Jewish views of poverty, wealth and charity
The Torah and later sections of the Hebrew Bible criticize interest-taking, but interpretations of the Biblical prohibition vary. One common understanding is that Jews are forbidden to charge interest upon loans made to other Jews, but obliged to charge interest on transactions with non-Jews, or Gentiles. However, the Hebrew Bible itself gives numerous examples where this provision was evaded.

Deuteronomy 23:19 Thou shalt not lend upon interest to thy brother: interest of money, interest of victuals, interest of any thing that is lent upon interest.
Deuteronomy 23:20 Unto a foreigner thou mayest lend upon interest; but unto thy brother thou shalt not lend upon interest; that the LORD thy God may bless thee in all that thou puttest thy hand unto, in the land whither thou goest in to possess it.[9]

Israelites were forbidden to charge interest on loans made to other Israelites, but allowed to charge interest on transactions with non-Israelites, as the latter were often amongst the Israelites for the purpose of business anyway, but in general, it was seen as advantageous to avoid getting into debt at all to avoid being bound to someone else. Debt was to be avoided and not used to finance consumption, but only when in need. However, the laws against usury were among the many which the prophets condemn the people for breaking.[11]

Christianity
Usury
Originally, the charging of interest known as Usury was banned by Christian churches meaning the charging of interest at any rate banned. This included charging a fee for the use of money, such as at a bureau de change. However over time the charging of interest became acceptable, the term came to be used for interest above the rate allowed by law.

Islam
Riba
In Islam it is strictly prohibited to take interest; the Quran strictly prohibits lending money on Interest. "O you who have believed, do not consume usury, doubled and multiplied, but fear Allah that you may be successful" (3:130) "and Allah has permitted trade and has forbidden interest" (2:275).

Riba (usury) is forbidden in Islamic economic jurisprudence fiqh. There are two types of riba discussed by Islamic jurists: an increase in capital without any services provided, which is prohibited by the Qur'an, and that prohibited in the Sunnah which comprises commodity exchanges in unequal quantities.

Re: Cardinal Okogie Says No To Islamic Banking by manny4life(m): 11:07pm On Jul 02, 2011
BetaThings:

Are you sure about the value of the Naira.
BTW the problem of the Naira is called by the FG, not CBN. If you want to relieve anyone of a job, it is President Jonathnan
The value of a currency is dictated by reserves, export/import ratio, confidence/stability
How does Sanusi control export or import or engender stability/confidence in the economy?

Please don't let us open the book on Soludo, we are talking about Islamic Banking and the reflex action opposition of christians to matters Islamic

Huh?

Are u really asking these questions?

First off, the value of a currency "does not" depend on its reserves; value of a currency depends on whether people want it or not; foreign exchange 101. If people want your currency, they will demand it; currency demand particularly depends on value of currency and not reserves. However, on the other hand, the reserves depend on economic activities. For instance the Yuan is quite low, does that mean they have low reserves?

How do u mean "called by the FG"? One of the prime "responsibilities" of the CBN or federal reserve or whatever it's called in different nation is striking a balance of the nations currency using macro-economic tools, resources and policies. If the Naira is week, that is CBN job to make it strong because Naira currency and the CBN job to control foreign exchange and currency. Although, interest rate wise, I support the Naira being week than strong just that we don't have a good platform to support a weak Naira.

Sanusi does not "directly" control export nor import however, he controls the foreign exchange and currency trading used in trading imports and exports. Introducing safer and better macro economic policies will in have an impact on this economy. He is responsible for for stability and confidence in the economy for instance, the CBN can encourage investors by offering them discount rate for the Naira if they buy in larger volumes. The CBN can print money depending on the money circulation and supply.

For instance, you have N100 billion in supply @ 7% inflation, for every 1% of money in supply printed would cause the same amount in inflation. The CBN can print N1billion and distribute to banks, this will cause an extra 1% in inflation rate making it 8% which isn't significant, I mean it's nothing, fellow Nigerians will say oh, things are just expensive by N5, yet they won't know somehow it's printed money in circulation that causing it. If sanusi is concerned about low interest rate banking, he can push this money to 1, 5, 10 or 20 banks at say at 2% interest rate (aka loans), these banks will in turn loan these money out to for instance Agricultural producers who produce in larger quantities, after 6months when the producer sells or exports his product, that exports will increase our reserve currency, bank gets their money, and then pay back CBN the N1billion with a 2% interest rate. CBN just made N10million in 6months, increase their reserve, obviously the producers hired people to work on the farm, at one point in time, unemployment rate was reduced and yeah the cycle continues. Please tell me how the CBN isn't responsible for this?

Another scenario, I heard that Agriculture is really good, the CBN can offer really good discount rates for the investors who wants to invest in our dear country. An investor wants to invest $10million at current offer price of N150.50, the CBN can say if u have other investors willing to invest $100million in Agriculture, we would offer you @ 149.50 or a lil lesser. The investor is happy because that's more money, the CBN will take that loss on its balance sheet obviously they will make it back, but when investor arrives, jobs are created dropping unemployment rate. I mean I can continuously give u scenarios how it's the job of the CBN to balance the economy
Re: Cardinal Okogie Says No To Islamic Banking by Barkono: 11:16pm On Jul 02, 2011
Vatican offers Islamic finance system to Western Banks | Economy | World Bulletin:http://www.worldbulletin.net/?aType=haberArchive&ArticleID=37814
Re: Cardinal Okogie Says No To Islamic Banking by maclatunji: 11:21pm On Jul 02, 2011
The only way anybody can be subjugated by Islamic banking is if they have poverty of mind and poor thinking power.
Re: Cardinal Okogie Says No To Islamic Banking by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jul 02, 2011
My question is what do people who are opposed to the idea know about Islamic banking.

We have Islamic banks in England and who cares. Islamic bank is generally designed for Muslim. Nothing stop Christians from setting up a bank and call it Christian bank, who cares

Form Orisa bank, I'm not bothered. One thing Okogie have is his right not to bank with them so why is he bothered.

let the Sharia people continue with their bank, we all know nothing will come out of it
Re: Cardinal Okogie Says No To Islamic Banking by EzeUche(m): 11:50pm On Jul 02, 2011
Let the Northerners have their Islamic banking in addition to having their Islamic Country.

We in the East do not want Islamic banking and we do not want to be in a nation that practices Sharia.
Re: Cardinal Okogie Says No To Islamic Banking by hubreality(m): 12:07am On Jul 03, 2011
People think that Corruption is the problem of Nigeria, leaving the WORST AND BIGGEST Problem of Nigeria which is RELIGION that have caused series of killings and lost of properties every year.

RELIGION IS NEVER OF GOD(Spirit) NOR ANY DIVINITY BUT MAN MADE. How can anyone claim to know or love Divinity without loving his fellow man or neighbor. My being a Christian doesn't and will never make me a religious person. CHRISTIANITY IS NEITHER A RELIGION. Anything or group operating outside LOVE IS SIMPLY HYPOCRISY AND EVIL
Re: Cardinal Okogie Says No To Islamic Banking by manny4life(m): 12:08am On Jul 03, 2011
percipi1:

My question is what do people who are opposed to the idea know about Islamic banking.

We have Islamic banks in England and who cares. Islamic bank is generally designed for Muslim. Nothing stop Christians from setting up a bank and call it Christian bank, who cares

Form Orisa bank, I'm not bothered. One thing Okogie have is his right not to bank with them so why is he bothered.

let the Sharia people continue with their bank, we all know nothing will come out of it

At least the person heading the Bank of England isn't Muslim or is he? Let us know ASAP.
Re: Cardinal Okogie Says No To Islamic Banking by Remii(m): 12:23am On Jul 03, 2011
EzeUche:

Let the Northerners have their Islamic banking in addition to having their Islamic Country.

We in the East do not want Islamic banking and we do not want to be in a nation that practices Sharia.

are you sure you are speaking for the east? Sanusi already indicated  an Ibo man is a major shareholder of the proposed bank ooo.  lol.
Re: Cardinal Okogie Says No To Islamic Banking by aljharem3: 12:24am On Jul 03, 2011
Remii:

are sure you are speaking for the east? Sanusi already indicated an Ibo man is a major shareholder of the proposed bank ooo. lol.

thank you ooooo
Re: Cardinal Okogie Says No To Islamic Banking by hubreality(m): 12:35am On Jul 03, 2011
alj_harem:

thank you ooooo

Igbo man can invest in anything, anywhere and any time with good fate. The problem will always be the abuse of religion by their creators(humans). It will definitely creep into another level that will be most disliked by Nigerians with the Nigerian sentimental factor and system of RELIGIOSITY.
Re: Cardinal Okogie Says No To Islamic Banking by fyomer: 12:43am On Jul 03, 2011
namfav: stoopid man
sometimes i wonder if you really listen to yourself.educated illiterate goat.
Re: Cardinal Okogie Says No To Islamic Banking by fyomer: 12:56am On Jul 03, 2011
Northerners at it again,and they are always so quick about it,so also yaradua was so quick to hand over bakassi to cameroun.Sanusi,there are other better dust to raise in your tenure than what you've been doing.looking at you closely,you are a trouble maker.IRK TEACHER.
Re: Cardinal Okogie Says No To Islamic Banking by aljharem3: 12:57am On Jul 03, 2011
hubreality:

Igbo man can invest in anything, anywhere and any time with good fate. The problem will always be the abuse of religion by their creators(humans). It will definitely creep into another level that will be most disliked by Nigerians with the Nigerian sentimental factor and system of RELIGIOSITY.

and since we know this, why not try to avoid it

that is why we on this thread trying to explain to you  people the advantage and reason why it is needed but as u can see already people are already calling the man a religous bigot etc and posting the most provocating comments

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) / Pastor George Izunwa: If A Man Hasn't Proposed, Don't Take Him To Your Parents / The Beginning Of The End Of "Daddy Freeze".

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.