Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,520 members, 7,770,325 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:20 AM

Accountants: ACCA, ICMA Or ICAN. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Accountants: ACCA, ICMA Or ICAN. (14171 Views)

Acca or Ican / Acca Or Ican Which Should I Go For? Pls Advice / ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Accountants: ACCA, ICMA Or ICAN. by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jul 01, 2011
Am a 21 yrs old grad of LASU wit a 2.1(4.37) major in accountancy ,waiting to go for my nysc but wud like to know which wud be easily achieveable within the nearest possible time. undecided undecided
Re: Accountants: ACCA, ICMA Or ICAN. by profjoe1: 4:49pm On Jul 03, 2011
go for ACCA becuase of it offers you a global relevance amongst other benefits.for more info or enquiry ranging from
registration
Standard lectures
Exams and cost
Materials and further assistance on ACCA call 07034586186 or send mail to accamaster@yahoo.com
Regards

1 Like

Re: Accountants: ACCA, ICMA Or ICAN. by TODEM: 1:31pm On Jul 07, 2011
Pls visit www.accaglobal.com the official website of ACCA and explore a variety of information that you require. I'll recommend that you write ACCA as the latter has said. Apparently, i'm writing ACCA.

1 Like

Re: Accountants: ACCA, ICMA Or ICAN. by Niiade(m): 7:24am On Jul 21, 2011
Acca is a good programme for you in lieu of Ican but for now i recommend you write Icma now since you can be done with it within a year. Or Better still you go for Ican and you get ur Icma with it, it all depends on how you wanna go about it really.
look thru the cost, the duration and decide
Re: Accountants: ACCA, ICMA Or ICAN. by olusedo: 10:29am On Jul 22, 2011
Omo iya go for ICAN
Re: Accountants: ACCA, ICMA Or ICAN. by 9jalov: 10:20pm On Dec 28, 2011
ACCA anytime anyday
Re: Accountants: ACCA, ICMA Or ICAN. by olusedo: 5:08am On Dec 29, 2011
Pls go for ICAN you won't regret u did
Re: Accountants: ACCA, ICMA Or ICAN. by Steve0stick: 8:25pm On Feb 02, 2012
Accountants,i want to go 4 acca but not yet 21,i decided to write CAT.d question is since cat is 9 papers,can i write 3 papers each in 1 n half years.dec,june,n december?this is because cat has 3 stages.2papers in d 1st stage,2papers in d second n 5 in d andvancd stage.can i register for d 2papers in d 1st stage n jump to add 1 in d 2nd stage 2 make it 3 papers?all informative reply wil b appreciated.thanks
Re: Accountants: ACCA, ICMA Or ICAN. by orisebawo(m): 7:19am On Feb 21, 2012
My advice is to go for ACCA if that is your goal, 21 years isn't young to start ACCA and besides instead of spending 3 yrs on CAT you might as well spend it studying ACCA.

After spending 3 yrs with CAT you might lose steam to go another 2 or 3 yrs for ACCA
Re: Accountants: ACCA, ICMA Or ICAN. by Steve0stick: 11:10pm On Feb 28, 2012
thanks orisebawo.i really appreciate ur advice.i'll go straight 4 acca, ANOTHER ONE is how many papers wil u advice me to sit for at once.i'm an undergraduate in 300l.dept of management and accounting.considering d schl work how how easy is it to pass.BY GODS grace,d financial capability is there.all advisable comments wil b appreciated
Re: Accountants: ACCA, ICMA Or ICAN. by olusedo: 11:26pm On Feb 28, 2012
Professionalism is not a race that should be measured in years. ICAN:Think Global Act National.Proudly Nigeria.
Re: Accountants: ACCA, ICMA Or ICAN. by PsalmuelSK(m): 12:54pm On Mar 16, 2012
Ican iz best ma guy
Re: Accountants: ACCA, ICMA Or ICAN. by Christyviv: 1:51am On Mar 25, 2012
Please I'm a Nigerian living in Ghana and I am also a part two ACCA student, pls I want to know the main accounting professional bodies in Nigeria. (2) Which organization either directly regulates or oversees accounts and audits in Nigeria?
Re: Accountants: ACCA, ICMA Or ICAN. by dkej(m): 8:50pm On Mar 25, 2012
ICAN for sure, regulates significantly. Even in audit.
ANAN is d other body
Re: Accountants: ACCA, ICMA Or ICAN. by Christyviv: 12:13am On Mar 26, 2012
Thank you very much for your reply but i still want to know the full meaning of ANAN and a phone no in case of emergency.
Re: Accountants: ACCA, ICMA Or ICAN. by chronique(m): 11:25pm On Mar 28, 2012
hi folks! an ACCA chartered accountant with audit & biz consulting experience is needed to work on a contract basis. candidate could still be a paid employee elsewhere. if interested,pls send cv to platinumideas@yahoo.com or call 07065614087
Re: Accountants: ACCA, ICMA Or ICAN. by nitrogen(m): 5:23pm On Apr 13, 2012
ACCA vs ICAN

if u want to go global,acca is o.k,it is well recognised throughout the world except in the U.S,roughly at minimum,2 yrs is needed for the program and even an oxford brookes b.sc degree is awarded at the end of the programme(for real,i dont buy the idea of going for the prog cos of the degree,its not that 'integritized'-if the word exists). But the question is this,'why isnt it recognisd in the u.s and which prof program accounting related that is known in the U.S?

You can be ican qualified within a year(minimum time),and it is still the best in ninja,for a fresh grad,take the exams within a year with less intensive study and you're good to go along with your b.sc degree.

Weigh both and go for the better of the two,its personal.

For me,it is ICAN.
Re: Accountants: ACCA, ICMA Or ICAN. by pric123: 9:53am On Apr 16, 2012
If you are interested in the CFA Video Lectures(Level 1 & 2) by London School of Business & Finance, call Kay on 08037254084, 07043829517 or email: kennie27@yahoo.com
Re: Accountants: ACCA, ICMA Or ICAN. by PrinceA2: 3:51pm On Jul 29, 2012
ANAN mean Association of National Accountants of Nigeria.

click below link:
http://www.pafa.org.za/membership/
Re: Accountants: ACCA, ICMA Or ICAN. by taland(m): 1:36pm On Jul 30, 2012
Dear Friends

You are invited to be a part of our August 2012 training at an amazing price of N5000 / participant + N2000 / certification (Optional)…..No hidden charges!! For beginners and advanced users.

Peachtree (Sage 50 U.S Edition) Premium: Saturday 4th & sunday 5th by 8.30am & 12pm respectively
Saturday 11th & sunday 12th by 8.30am & 12pm respectively
QuickBooks Pro Accounting 2012: August Saturday 18th & sunday 19th by 8.30am & 12pm respectively

We are trained professional with professional qualifications and experience spanning over 10years in accounting software administration. Facilitators are member of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria and Holds an MBA-Finance from reputable Nigerian Universities

We want to appreciate members of this forum that has supported this initiative. Thank you and God bless you.

If you're interested, enjoy this offer while it last by sending a text to: 08032897801 or 07028313882 stating your desired package, email, your phone number & your Location (your name is not mandatory). This offer requires that you come with your system for free installation.

Training center is Located at Isolo, Lagos. We will notify you of our Port Harcourt training soon.

Paul Adeboyejo (MB: 14219) B.sc, ACA, MBA
For: MAGNIFICENT CONSULT
Re: Accountants: ACCA, ICMA Or ICAN. by Mustay(m): 1:43pm On Aug 14, 2012
orisebawo: My advice is to go for ACCA if that is your goal, 21 years isn't young to start ACCA and besides instead of spending 3 yrs on CAT you might as well spend it studying ACCA.

After spending 3 yrs with CAT you might lose steam to go another 2 or 3 yrs for ACCA

I do not agree with this. CAT is just like ATS of ICAN and when done with it, you are exempted from taking F1 - F3. You can complete your CAT exams in 3 diets - 1.5 years and professional accountancy is surely not a race, so you need to know why you're in it (another reason for disagreeing with the 'losing steam' stuff).

21 is the minimum age to commence the programme if you have no other relevant qualification but I can assure you CAT is a SOLID FOUNDATION for you and it'll definitely help you when you transfer to the ACCA scheme. It's your 'sharp sharp' or misinformation that'll only prevent you from benefitting from this. Though you may be 22 now but just wanna correct that opinion. Some adults who don't have a good background could also register for it instead of spending 5 years tryna get past the first 3 papers of ACCA (lose steam?).

BTW, for the 2 exams, consider the funding of your study for any of the exams.
Re: Accountants: ACCA, ICMA Or ICAN. by roarowolo(f): 9:20pm On Aug 31, 2012
This is to inform you that enrolment for ATSWA September 2012 is still on. Sale of pin voucher had been extended to 11 September 2012 and the website remains opened for registration up till 12noon of 12 September 2012. For further details, please call to 01-8714495 or 08033741904 or 07062888990 or 08028369181.
Thanks.
Re: Accountants: ACCA, ICMA Or ICAN. by dayus4real(m): 8:21pm On Dec 04, 2012
Please I will like a recommendation ̣̥̐f Ǧ☺☺ϑ A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ qualified Study center for ICAN around Ojota †̥ Ikorodu
Re: Accountants: ACCA, ICMA Or ICAN. by nitrogen(m): 9:09pm On Dec 04, 2012
^^^ WYSE (Maryland), but it is outside the two places mentioned, btw I don't think there is any around that area(ojota-ikd).
Re: Accountants: ACCA, ICMA Or ICAN. by Mustay(m): 10:23am On Dec 16, 2012
There are, dem boku sef but your recommendation is the SAFEST if one wants TBH with him.
Re: Accountants: ACCA, ICMA Or ICAN. by owososoft(m): 1:34pm On Jan 14, 2013
Have you heard about Institute of Chartered Management Accountant (ICMA) ? Is it a recognized professional body ? Please comment....
Re: Accountants: ACCA, ICMA Or ICAN. by kellyjessy1gma: 3:32pm On Feb 27, 2013
Does any one need ICAN Tutorials?
Contact Topfield Tutors for ICAN ATS I, II and III, Foundation Intermediate and PE I in Lagos, Quiz Packs available
1, Onasanya Close, Awodi Ora, Ajegunle, Apapa, Lagos
Call 08020647499, 07041850660
or Email: gbolaboonasanya@yahoo.com
Re: Accountants: ACCA, ICMA Or ICAN. by Chemsyray(f): 9:00am On Oct 08, 2013
Confused
pls am a novice in this field,is ICAN ATS 1,11,111 equavalent to degree or HND?i need to know
Re: Accountants: ACCA, ICMA Or ICAN. by Mustay(m): 5:02pm On Oct 09, 2013
Chemsy ray: is ICAN ATS 1,11,111 equavalent to degree or HND?

NO

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 10 Things You Should Never Do At Work / Oluyomi Olawore Speaks On Assault On Kunle Karimu / How To Handle A Grammarian Boss At The Office?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.