Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

2023: INEC Picks Holes In New Electoral Act, Seeks Practice Direction - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: INEC Picks Holes In New Electoral Act, Seeks Practice Direction (16164 Views)

Reno Omokri Picks Holes In Governor Wike’s Media Chat, Lists 10 Fallacies / Will The New Electoral Law Eliminate Rigging In 2023? / 10 Things To Know About The New Electoral Act (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: INEC Picks Holes In New Electoral Act, Seeks Practice Direction by gaby(m): 7:59pm On Mar 19, 2022
Hmmm

This is so very interesting.
Re: 2023: INEC Picks Holes In New Electoral Act, Seeks Practice Direction by Santosi34: 8:02pm On Mar 19, 2022
Ok na you

Re: 2023: INEC Picks Holes In New Electoral Act, Seeks Practice Direction by Santosi34: 8:15pm On Mar 19, 2022
Whsg

Re: 2023: INEC Picks Holes In New Electoral Act, Seeks Practice Direction by Malory: 8:23pm On Mar 19, 2022
COWBOYFAN:

Illiterate. Read before posting nonsense.
Shatap punk
Re: 2023: INEC Picks Holes In New Electoral Act, Seeks Practice Direction by Nobody: 8:24pm On Mar 19, 2022
Malory:
Shatap punk

Idiotic flat-head.
Re: 2023: INEC Picks Holes In New Electoral Act, Seeks Practice Direction by Obalowe(m): 9:07pm On Mar 19, 2022
I don't know much about law, INEC may be right though and it's better the issue raised is critically look into in order to avoid unnecessary stories in the end.

The truth is that this Electoral Act 2022 was hurriedly done and it obvious PMB has no interest in doing it in the first place if not for Nigerians who were on his neck and even after that a lot of problems still on ground.

The section 84(12) of the act is a big test on PMB's integrity like seriously, trying to remove that aspect through every means possible shows that the President has a vest interest.
Re: 2023: INEC Picks Holes In New Electoral Act, Seeks Practice Direction by Dmacqh(m): 9:10pm On Mar 19, 2022
I worked as APO 1 during an election sometime ago .
I handled the BVAS card reader .
In future , to eradicate and eliminate election violence and malpractice, I suggest INEC discard ballot boxes .
They should introduce another electronic machine or computer for voting .
Since BVAS are used for accreditation, the new machine will be used for voting .
After the accreditation and inking , the voter move to the computer or machine and all the parties participating in the election will be displaced there .
The voter clicks , it counts immediately both at the LGA collation center and at the polling unit . Once votes ends at the polling unit , no later than 5 mins , the LGA transmit it to the State levels , same to the Federal levels as the case maybe .

2 Likes

Re: 2023: INEC Picks Holes In New Electoral Act, Seeks Practice Direction by muykem: 9:30pm On Mar 19, 2022
INEC always like to bring controversy to everything. What concerns INEC with court? Did federal High Court complain? Nigeria as a whole is jurisdiction of federal High Court so Anambra issues can be adjudicate in sokoto e.t.c. The issue of results transfer from poling unit is an INEC request and we should not be disturbed with risk involved.
Re: 2023: INEC Picks Holes In New Electoral Act, Seeks Practice Direction by Malory: 9:44pm On Mar 19, 2022
COWBOYFAN:

Idiotic flat-head.
Erudite skuller
Re: 2023: INEC Picks Holes In New Electoral Act, Seeks Practice Direction by Nobody: 10:06pm On Mar 19, 2022
Malory:
Erudite skuller

Idiotic flat-head with no brain.
Re: 2023: INEC Picks Holes In New Electoral Act, Seeks Practice Direction by Malory: 10:06pm On Mar 19, 2022
COWBOYFAN:

Idiotic flat-head with no brain.
I poo on your shiny cone head
Re: 2023: INEC Picks Holes In New Electoral Act, Seeks Practice Direction by Nobody: 10:09pm On Mar 19, 2022
Malory:
I poo on your shiny cone head

Mpurimpiri ipobic terrorist. Cannibalistic fooll.
Re: 2023: INEC Picks Holes In New Electoral Act, Seeks Practice Direction by Nobody: 10:38pm On Mar 19, 2022
I read the story but all I can conclude was INEC is trying to get involved and comment on matters that do not concern them they should focus in their role in which they havebeen failing in woefully.
funshint:

You people will just talk without sense...do you two read at all?!
Re: 2023: INEC Picks Holes In New Electoral Act, Seeks Practice Direction by maimonides: 11:15pm On Mar 19, 2022
Dmacqh:
I worked as APO 1 during an election sometime ago .
I handled the BVAS card reader .
In future , to eradicate and eliminate election violence and malpractice, I suggest INEC discard ballot boxes .
They should introduce another electronic machine or computer for voting .
Since BVAS are used for accreditation, the new machine will be used for voting .
After the accreditation and inking , the voter move to the computer or machine and all the parties participating in the election will be displaced there .
The voter clicks , it counts immediately both at the LGA collation center and at the polling unit . Once votes ends at the polling unit , no later than 5 mins , the LGA transmit it to the State levels , same to the Federal levels as the case maybe .

Nice and very practical suggestions.
Your head is well oiled gringringrin
Re: 2023: INEC Picks Holes In New Electoral Act, Seeks Practice Direction by gawu1: 11:36pm On Mar 19, 2022
Racoon:
Yet Malami is only interested in the section that seems to hamper his selfish ambition only.
When mallami urged the president not to sign the electoral acts until all those grey areas were corrected, must of you children of hates and perdition following bandwagon wailers rained abuses on him.
Re: 2023: INEC Picks Holes In New Electoral Act, Seeks Practice Direction by Cameleon72(f): 11:50pm On Mar 19, 2022
Following
Re: 2023: INEC Picks Holes In New Electoral Act, Seeks Practice Direction by funshint(m): 11:57pm On Mar 19, 2022
GenBuhari:
I read the story but all I can conclude was INEC is trying to get involved and comment on matters that do not concern them they should focus in their role in which they havebeen failing in woefully.
We are talking about a matter that concerns them directly here... you're just saying rubbish. Now I can conclude you are senseless.
Re: 2023: INEC Picks Holes In New Electoral Act, Seeks Practice Direction by 1852tww: 4:26am On Mar 20, 2022
[s]
post=111182505:
They should go ahead and block the holes right now.

A better Nigeria is all we want.

God bless Nigeria
[/s]
Re: 2023: INEC Picks Holes In New Electoral Act, Seeks Practice Direction by Nobody: 4:36am On Mar 20, 2022
INEC is not a stakeholder as they are merely a referee. So what concerns them for the electoral bill. Let INEC focus on their role which they have proved incompetent in thus far.

Imagine almost all the major elected positions have to go to supreme court because INEC fail repeatedly in providing free fair and credible elections despites hundreds of billions in funding. Which is effectively squandered money.
funshint:

We are talking about a matter that concerns them directly here... you're just saying rubbish. Now I can conclude you are senseless.
Re: 2023: INEC Picks Holes In New Electoral Act, Seeks Practice Direction by Malory: 5:47am On Mar 20, 2022
COWBOYFAN:

Mpurimpiri ipobic terrorist. Cannibalistic fooll.
I poo inside your afonja mouth with watery poo
Re: 2023: INEC Picks Holes In New Electoral Act, Seeks Practice Direction by jacoik(m): 5:49am On Mar 20, 2022
funshint:

You people will just talk without sense...do you two read at all?!
the thing sef tire me. Person no go read and he will be writing rubbish because China made them get cheap phone
Re: 2023: INEC Picks Holes In New Electoral Act, Seeks Practice Direction by Nobody: 11:17am On Mar 20, 2022
Exactly! Furthermore INEC has no business commenting on the Electoral bill, their job is to provide free , fair and credible elections. INEC is behaving unnaturally for a body that is meant to behave as an impartial referee and nothing more. Only stakeholders should be expressing opinions about the bill.
It's as if a new offside rule is brought into football, the lines man has no stake in it so he would be overstepping his role to start complaining about it when all we need from him is to do his job as the lines man within the new rules.

INEC is so corrupt it is just an exercising in squandering hundreds of billions of Naira, as very few elections they conduct are free and fair. The country may as well scrap INEC and save thos hundreds of billions .
DMerciful:
Is INEC saying they did not see the draft before NASS approval?

Why is almost every institution in Nigeria incompetent?

1 Like

Re: 2023: INEC Picks Holes In New Electoral Act, Seeks Practice Direction by Genlebrave(m): 11:54am On Mar 20, 2022
GenBuhari:
I think INEC has become one of our biggest obstacles to having a functional democracy and country.

We may as well scrap INEC they have prove unable or unwilling to conduct free and fair democratic elections.

At the very least they should be intensively monitored and audited.

I might not like Buhari but I respect for being the first president to have the all arms of government working in his favor when it's very glaring that he is a failure..... well that's what happens when you sacrifice your Peoples destiny for your own personal interest.... ( I'm talking about tinubu)
Re: 2023: INEC Picks Holes In New Electoral Act, Seeks Practice Direction by Nobody: 11:58am On Mar 20, 2022
Malory:
I poo inside your afonja mouth with watery poo

Useless Eboes clown.
Re: 2023: INEC Picks Holes In New Electoral Act, Seeks Practice Direction by Genlebrave(m): 12:00pm On Mar 20, 2022
Of lately INEC have been trying to act like an independent arm of government but the true is that they are already a sellout to the president take it or leave it....

The last paragraph I'm writing is to the south easterners where I come from... we can never be given the presidency if we don't play our part especially from our politians..... All the South eastern state governors should start making it mandatory for its citizens to get voters card..... South East can't get the presidential if we don't do our part...
Re: 2023: INEC Picks Holes In New Electoral Act, Seeks Practice Direction by Malory: 12:02pm On Mar 20, 2022
COWBOYFAN:

Useless Eboes clown.
How does my watery poo tastes inside your mouth? Delicious
Re: 2023: INEC Picks Holes In New Electoral Act, Seeks Practice Direction by Nobody: 12:49pm On Mar 20, 2022
Malory:
How does my watery poo tastes inside your mouth? Delicious

Yam-heri you're delusional grin
Re: 2023: INEC Picks Holes In New Electoral Act, Seeks Practice Direction by Techgee19: 2:55pm On Mar 20, 2022
Re: 2023: INEC Picks Holes In New Electoral Act, Seeks Practice Direction by chinyce(m): 3:24pm On Mar 20, 2022
So INEC did not see the Draft of the act until after it was signed. Okay.
Re: 2023: INEC Picks Holes In New Electoral Act, Seeks Practice Direction by Themandator: 5:00pm On May 04, 2022
Malory:
This corrupt agency is doing everything possible to rig the election in favor of the satanic APC but they will fail woefully

Please explain how the Commission is trying to rig the election

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shutdown Institutions To Enable Students Vote During Elections, Reps Urge Fg / Urhobo Nation Won't Vote Contract Racketeer, Rent Seeker -Mayor Blasts Omo Agege / 2023: ‘Labour Party Preparing To Sweep Polls In 36 States’ - Media Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.