Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,467 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

Euthanasia: Do You Believe In Mercy Killing? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Euthanasia: Do You Believe In Mercy Killing? (709 Views)

My First Day In Mercy Nursery School / Erica Featured In Mercy Mercy / Do You Believe In Love? Nigerians React (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Euthanasia: Do You Believe In Mercy Killing? by Nobody: 11:20am On Mar 20, 2022
A mercy killing is the intentional ending of life of a person who is suffering from a terminal, painful illness.

What's your opinion?

Mine: If I'm suffering, I would like to be killed mercifully... Quick and painlessly...

I would do the same to someone I love...

We have the Right to Die...

It's heartless to allow someone go through sh** cause we're too self centered to let go...

1 Like

Re: Euthanasia: Do You Believe In Mercy Killing? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 11:23am On Mar 20, 2022
Datboredberry In my opinion there is no YES or NO kind of a straight forward answer to such a sensitive issue regarding mercy Killin...It depends on situations and every situation demands a whole new different way of thinking and looking at it..

People are never going to have a common opinion regarding it and many would change their opinions with time..so we should not make it a good or bad thing or try use law to force our opinion on others....

But i personally feel that mercy killing is not justified because we have no right in taking anyone's life when we can't give life to anyone(self defense exempted)... It should be responsibility of the state and its medical department to provide as much help and facilities as possible for recovery of the Patient...

Only if the person is in pain or is suffering and decides that they no longer want to suffer then they can have a clean and safe way to end their lives.. undecided
Re: Euthanasia: Do You Believe In Mercy Killing? by illicit(m): 11:29am On Mar 20, 2022
I pray for mercy
Re: Euthanasia: Do You Believe In Mercy Killing? by Nobody: 11:33am On Mar 20, 2022
illicit:
I pray for mercy
Wrong comment...

Like, if someone you love has cancer and it can't be cured... Would you end their life painlessly?

1 Like

Re: Euthanasia: Do You Believe In Mercy Killing? by SmartGadgetz: 11:37am On Mar 20, 2022
Datboredberry:

What's your opinion?

Mine: If I'm suffering, I would like to be killed mercifully... Quick and painlessly...

It's heartless to allow someone go through sh** cause we're too self centered to let go...

If you are not saying out of experience that means you are just dreaming and your assertion is not real.

One question, do you have the heart to kill your mother just because she is sick sick?
Answer
Re: Euthanasia: Do You Believe In Mercy Killing? by Nobody: 11:37am On Mar 20, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Only if the person is in pain or is suffering and decides that they no longer want to suffer then they can have a clean and safe way to end their lives.. undecided
Yes... I would... I have a few relatives who died painfully... Screaming, bleeding and sh**

They could not be cured... It was impossible...

If a person is gonna die... Let them go easy...

Many mothers do this...
Re: Euthanasia: Do You Believe In Mercy Killing? by Nobody: 11:39am On Mar 20, 2022
SmartGadgetz:

If you are not saying out of experience that means you are just dreaming and your assertion is not real.

One question, do you have the heart to kill your mother just because she is sick sick?
Answer
Check out what it means before commenting...

Emphasis on these words "terminal" and "painful"... Get it?

If your mom is gonna die (definitely)... And she's going through the worse sorta pain... You wouldn't end her life painlessly?
Re: Euthanasia: Do You Believe In Mercy Killing? by illicit(m): 11:40am On Mar 20, 2022
Datboredberry:
Wrong comment...

Like, if someone you love has cancer and it can't be cured... Would you end their life painlessly?

It's illegal here
Re: Euthanasia: Do You Believe In Mercy Killing? by Nobody: 11:44am On Mar 20, 2022
illicit:

It's illegal here
Nigeria...?

I wonder if it should be legal everywhere... In Nigeria, murderers would use it as an excuse... I don't trust the police...

But abroad, it would be determined if the deceased was truly ill...
Re: Euthanasia: Do You Believe In Mercy Killing? by CrownOfClay724: 11:45am On Mar 20, 2022
Yeah, I do.

If I'm ever too incapacitated to function without constant supervision, and if my existence depends on the discomfort of others - financially and otherwise, I would be happy to let them live without me.
Re: Euthanasia: Do You Believe In Mercy Killing? by illicit(m): 11:46am On Mar 20, 2022
Datboredberry:
Nigeria...?

I wonder if it should be legal everywhere... In Nigeria, murderers would use it as an excuse... I don't trust the police...

But abroad, it would be determined if the deceased was truly ill...

I can advise the person to kill theirselves and provide some covert assistance but I won't do it
Re: Euthanasia: Do You Believe In Mercy Killing? by Nobody: 11:48am On Mar 20, 2022
CrownOfClay724:
Yeah, I do.

If I'm ever too incapacitated to function without constant supervision, and if my existence depends on the discomfort of others - financially and otherwise, I would be happy to let them live without me.
Exactly! I can't be a burden... I can't even live knowing I would have to depend on them... Life ain't so great to me...

In the end, everyone dies
Re: Euthanasia: Do You Believe In Mercy Killing? by SmartGadgetz: 11:48am On Mar 20, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Datboredberry In my opinion there is no YES or NO kind of a straight forward answer to such a sensitive issue regarding mercy Killin...It depends on situations and every situation demands a whole new different way of thinking and looking at it..

People are never going to have a common opinion regarding it and many would change their opinions with time..so we should not make it a good or bad thing or try use law to force our opinion on others....

But i personally feel that mercy killing is not justified because we have no right in taking anyone's life when we can't give life to anyone(self defense exempted)... It should be responsibility of the state and its medical department to provide as much help and facilities as possible for recovery of the Patient...

You are right and that's the right thing to do. Even when the person is saying that they don't want to live anymore due to their ongoing pain they are passing through and cannot think straight or right anymore, their plea is also subject to change because our responsibility as a loved one and guardian is to say "yes" when the aick person is saying "no" and also to give them hopes with words of encouragement, ahow them, unconditional love, without discrimination and hold onto them till their last breath, that's our responsibility to our loved ones no matter how hopeless their challenges is.

Things has change, nowadays people do otherwise, wives can't stand long by their husband side when the situation turn critically hopeless and vice-versa situations.

Nonetheless, in our mothers years when love and marriage are enduring, forebearing, unshakable and indivisible, that's when you see such unconditional love.

Civilization is a good thing and can also be a curse to mankind.
Re: Euthanasia: Do You Believe In Mercy Killing? by Nobody: 11:48am On Mar 20, 2022
illicit:

I can advise the person to kill theirselves and provide some covert assistance but I won't do it
Yes... For your conscience, i understand... smiley

1 Like

Re: Euthanasia: Do You Believe In Mercy Killing? by SmartGadgetz: 11:52am On Mar 20, 2022
Datboredberry:
Check out what it means before commenting...

Emphasis on these words "terminal" and "painful"... Get it?

If your mom is gonna die (definitely)... And she's going through the worse sorta pain... You wouldn't end her life painlessly?

I'm saying this out of experience, I rather fight till her last breath not minding the years it would take me to make sure she is alive than just chickening out based on mere emotions and empathy.

I would give her the kind of unconditional love she would give me.
Re: Euthanasia: Do You Believe In Mercy Killing? by Nobody: 11:57am On Mar 20, 2022
SmartGadgetz:

I'm saying this out of experience, I rather fight till her last breath not minding the years it would take me to make sure she is alive than just chickening out based on mere emotions and empathy.

I would give her the kind of unconditional love she would give me.
That's not love...

When she goes through all that pain and finally dies... You bury her... Move on and live your life happy...

Think about her... Not yourself... You're not proving anything to anybody.... If you love her, you would watch her beg for an end and still deny her that?
Re: Euthanasia: Do You Believe In Mercy Killing? by simabastin: 11:59am On Mar 20, 2022
cry
Euthanasia is illegal in Nigeria, whether we believe in it or not! No physician will opt for that based on that reason and also for religious reasons!
However, there's an option for 'No Resuscitation' in hospice care for terminal illnesses! A consent will be gotten from close relatives for that option... That's what we commonly do in this clime...
Re: Euthanasia: Do You Believe In Mercy Killing? by SmartGadgetz: 12:01pm On Mar 20, 2022
Datboredberry:
That's not love...

When she goes through all that pain and finally dies... You bury her... Move on and live your life happy...

Think about her... Not yourself... You're not proving anything to anybody.... If you love her, you would watch her beg for an end and still deny her that?

Thank God you are not God that knows if one would die on a sickness and not.

Moreover there are several stories of people healed from terminal and hopeless situations.

Where is your hope, faith and unconditional love?
Don't you know that mercy-killing is outright killing and it has grave consequences?

Again, God is still healing and saving. Only if you can believe him.
Re: Euthanasia: Do You Believe In Mercy Killing? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Mar 20, 2022
SmartGadgetz:

Thank God you are not God that knows if one would die on a sickness and not.

Moreover there are several stories of people healed from terminal and hopeless situations.

Where is your hope, faith and unconditional love?
Don't you know that mercy-killing is outright killing and it has grave consequences?

Again, God is still healing and saving. Only if you can believe him.
God? Lol...

The diety who killed millions of humans including children? Allowed his people to be sold in to slavery? Permitted rape? 'Tested' his faithful servents by letting them suffer... Etc

He gives you free will but gets mad when you don't do what he wants... Then he tortures or kills you...

That God?

Even the devil, according to the bible, didn't kill a single person...
Re: Euthanasia: Do You Believe In Mercy Killing? by illicit(m): 12:08pm On Mar 20, 2022
My grandfather was around 100

He refused surgery for hernia on his sick bed

He asked his children "to what end"

He said it's a waste of useful money since he won't live for ever and something must kill a man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Euthanasia: Do You Believe In Mercy Killing? by CrownOfClay724: 12:10pm On Mar 20, 2022
Datboredberry:
Exactly! I can't be a burden... I can't even live knowing I would have to depend on them...Life ain't so great to me...

This here!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Euthanasia: Do You Believe In Mercy Killing? by SmartGadgetz: 12:19pm On Mar 20, 2022
Datboredberry:
God? Lol...

The diety who killed millions of humans including children? Allowed his people to be sold in to slavery? Permitted rape? 'Tested' his faithful servents by letting them suffer... Etc

He gives you free will but gets mad when you don't do what he wants... Then he tortures or kills you...

That God?

Even the devil, according to the bible, didn't kill a single person...

You are entitled to your opinion and self-believes and every right thinking person must respect that, but let others feel free to do theirs and don't impose it on anyone or try to make one do same because anything God or no god is spiritual and should be left for one to experience it and have their convictions to avoid making a general life errorronception.

My advice to you lady, be open to more life lessons and teachings, understand that one could be wrong and right in ideas and believes. Love your ones unconditional till their last breath and love yourself unconditionally no matter what you are seeing and experiencing, everything bad, evil and sorrow is temporarily and good and light is permanent when attained.
Re: Euthanasia: Do You Believe In Mercy Killing? by siofra(f): 2:01pm On Mar 20, 2022
I support it. Same way I support abortion.

It makes sense to me. Why keep a person alive and in pain when you can end their suffering with death especially if they want it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Euthanasia: Do You Believe In Mercy Killing? by okoroemeka(m): 4:23pm On Mar 20, 2022
Datboredberry:
Exactly! I can't be a burden... I can't even live knowing I would have to depend on them... Life ain't so great to me...

what you have to realize is that this sort of Mercy killings happens most of the time in hospitals ,a person that is in coma from a terminal illness for weeks and months is a strain both physically and financially to the family,for me in such condition killing me is a blessing.life goes on.
Re: Euthanasia: Do You Believe In Mercy Killing? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Mar 20, 2022
okoroemeka:
what you have to realize is that this sort of Mercy killings happens most of the time in hospitals ,a person that is in coma from a terminal illness for weeks and months is a strain both physically and financially to the family,for me in such condition killing me is a blessing.life goes on.
Exactly... Life goes on...

Your family would mourn you then move on... I want them to be happy... Not.miserable
Re: Euthanasia: Do You Believe In Mercy Killing? by Truvelisback(m): 4:33pm On Mar 20, 2022
Datboredberry:

What's your opinion?

I can't. The first time in my life i slaughtered a fowl with a knife, i know how i felt. I wasn't comfortable at all seeing the profusely bleeding fowl grasping for life in my hands. Since then, i have vowed never to do so. I would rather kill the fowl and prepare it, then i would eat.
Re: Euthanasia: Do You Believe In Mercy Killing? by EcstasyCloud9: 5:15pm On Mar 20, 2022
Datboredberry:

What's your opinion?

It's not that easy as you said it is, remember in as much as you said we have the right to die, we also have the right to live. Knowing that you're going to die and embracing it when it happens is one of the bravest thing someone could ever do.

If I was causing a lot of stress, emotionally and financially, then I'd tell them to let me go, but it's a different feeling when it's someone else I love deeply.

This thing is tricky, cuz different scenarios are just popping to my head, what if the person isn't in pain, and is just in a vegetative state, take away the fact that you're not financially strained by it, do we still have the right to perform euthanasia on the said person?
Re: Euthanasia: Do You Believe In Mercy Killing? by 3gpvids: 10:18pm On Mar 21, 2022
Abeg which hospital fit do this for portharcourt
Re: Euthanasia: Do You Believe In Mercy Killing? by Kiddogarcia(m): 11:38pm On Mar 21, 2022
Datboredberry:

What's your opinion?

you don't need to believe in everything, somethings are way beyond human comprehension .honour Killing might sound weird to you, but it been working perfectly for years for some people.
Don't go around castigating other's beliefs, live by your own understanding

(1) (Reply)

����my Apartment Totally Free��ready For Hookup Waiting For You����� / Men, Can You Consider Divorcing An Emotional And Verbally Abusive Wife? / Ghanaian Lady Posted Video Of Her ‘old’ Boyfriend Doing It Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.