Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,260 members, 7,836,190 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

I Told My Girlfriend That I Am Getting Married & She Burst Into Tears - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Told My Girlfriend That I Am Getting Married & She Burst Into Tears (46593 Views)

Surprise Proposal By Nairalander To His Girlfriend That Caught Everyone Unaware / My Girlfriend That Got Arrested Has Been Released Thanks To Nairaland / Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Am Getting Married & She Burst Into Tears by folks4luv(f): 8:54am On Mar 25, 2022
Yea, she kept coming back for 3 years, but somehow, now that you want to marry someone else, you were able to get her off your back. Wehdon sir
Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Am Getting Married & She Burst Into Tears by TheWolfen(m): 8:54am On Mar 25, 2022
franchasng:
You are simply an idiot!

If I knew the girl, I will personally take her to meet one Baba Tajudeen at Ijebu Ode to cast a spell of iberiberism on you.

You saw all these and you know the time for you to settle down is approaching, you ought to have completely break up with her at least 6 months or 1 year ahead. But no your foolish dick couldn't let go of her stubborn pussy and here you are talking nonsense bla bla bla. You better marry two of them if you love your life.

What do you foolish boys take people's daughter for, Fools? angry angry

You wanted her to be fvcking you without condom even when you guys aren't officially married and have some commitments to guarantee her safety? mumu boy, body go tell you soon, anu ohia angry

Lol
Why the unnecessary online threats? cheesy
Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Am Getting Married & She Burst Into Tears by dhtml6(m): 8:54am On Mar 25, 2022
@op, I use to keep my cool and hardly comment but for you ehn, you are a very wuckeed somebody, you are lucky the babe is not my sister or I would have left my work, go and buy cutlass and start looking for you. Does this girl have brothers by the way? Because if she does, they may just be thinking of what is in my head right now.

1 Like

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Am Getting Married & She Burst Into Tears by Imperial45: 8:55am On Mar 25, 2022
slimjohn2k5:
One thing u should know, there is no perfect person anywhere.

Yeah! But there are some qualities we need to look out for as Men .
Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Am Getting Married & She Burst Into Tears by Toktee(m): 8:55am On Mar 25, 2022
spencekat:
She was correct at the bolded.
But thats olosho way na
Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Am Getting Married & She Burst Into Tears by mabea: 8:56am On Mar 25, 2022
LordIsaac:

Let no soul blackmail you by making you think you made the wrong decision. Marriage is a lifelong commitment and you can't be committed to someone who's ONLY admirable quality is the bed. In fact, God bless your union!
Well said. Many commenters on this thread are too emotional to see that the op did the right thing.

3 Likes

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Am Getting Married & She Burst Into Tears by Pharaoh4rin(m): 8:57am On Mar 25, 2022
Beebah2000:
You sef, you know say u no fit wife her, but you continue the relationship because you wan knack free pússy.
Chai!!! Why are you guys so wicked?
If person do your sister, you go like am?
NO!!!
Your fellow guys go support you na because Una brain dey inside Una balls.
Mtchewww.

But if you no knack her, another person will. And if one's sister failed to be wise, any person go d knack her left and right na
Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Am Getting Married & She Burst Into Tears by Toktee(m): 8:57am On Mar 25, 2022
dhtml6:
@op, I use to keep my cool and hardly comment but for you ehn, you are a very wuckeed somebody, you are lucky the babe is not my sister or I would have left my work, go and buy cutlass and start looking for you. Does this girl have brothers by the way? Because if she does, they may just be thinking of what is in my head right now.
Them or you for no do anything...las las na to lock you up. grin

1 Like

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Am Getting Married & She Burst Into Tears by franchasng: 8:57am On Mar 25, 2022
Wittyduchess:
Lol, that is how this my cousins boss did.

Story time;

So let's call my cousin's boss Mr Alakpere who dated miss koikio for 6 years. They both worked in the same plaza and everyone knew them everywhere .

So Mr Alakpere's parents tell him they want him to marry a girl from their home town, Mr Alakpere dumps his gf and marries a girl from his hometown under 4 months, miss koikio was hurt,she sure was strong because she was still coming to work in the same plaza, she saw him everyday and moved on ,they will bump into one another once in a while and act like total strangers.

Then two months into the marriage,Mr Alakpere's wedding was on the verge of collapse, what hapun? New bride doesn't cook or clean, Mr Alakpere prior to the wedding was staying in his mum's house ,so his mum was doing everything for him as the only boy of the family ,now new bride doesn't want to pamper only son. New bride sha packed out ,and they said it is ogbanje and Spirit husband that is worrying her.

Na so Mr Alakpere come back come dey beg mis koikio cheesy

Anyway, dear op, I sincerely wish you goodluck.And I genuinely pray for you that your new bride doesn't turn out to be a sheep in wolf's clothing to prove karma right.
People don't know that some powerful forces control this life. some will say so so and so person did more evil yet he or she is living large.

But most times they don't know the person's deepest secrets, some are dying in silence.

Your payback may not even come in the direction of relationship, it could come as business, illness, general ill luck, wayward kids, etc.

In as much as I am not a saint, I do my best in life not to provoke anybody to a certain length. I watch my actions cautiously.

3 good years, he ought to have break up with her months into the relationship.

If you wanna do playboy, don't date any girl for more than 6 months, in fact 3 months should be maximum so she won't turn down sensible guys cos of you which may cause her more pains and provoke forces of life against you.

Even ladies, if you must chop a guy mugu, do it with wisdom, chop only what he can easily shrug off and laugh and move on, not going about swallowing guy's only crocodiles and still expect to go scold free.

Many people don't know the source of their life challenges.

When I was single, I met a lot of ladies that were virgins and this was happening when I knew I would soon settle down, I rejected deflowering them cos I know I wasn't going to marry any of them and if I ended up doing it only for them to hear that I got married to another lady some months later, that would hurt them forever. But many guys don't reason at all and will never know the source of their life predicaments

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Am Getting Married & She Burst Into Tears by ayemip(m): 8:58am On Mar 25, 2022
Nice choice brother, am proud of U n I pray u find peace in ur marriage
Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Am Getting Married & She Burst Into Tears by Goldbw122(m): 8:59am On Mar 25, 2022
TkhGuy:
It's hurtful, I don't know which side of the coin you guys want to follow but, she came that day, uninvited like she use to & know I have to tell her when she starts touching me & reaching my sensitive zone, I held her hands for a while & broke the silence,

I did tell her that we aren't going anywhere after noticing how flirty she is from first 1 month of our date, but she kept coming back, I have broken up with her prior to this, but she still comes to my place uninvited,

She is curvy & seductive, she is beautifully personified,
I don't have time to chase after girls due to the nature of my job, so, she has been the only girl I have all along,

I have carefully made my choice, ladies you all need to learn this cos most Nigerian guys will not tell you this or force it on you..

I can't marry a girl who doesn't trust me, or projects condom forward just at the point of having Bleep with her,

I can't have a girl who can't cook as a wife but gf yes,

I can't harbor a girl who questions my authority as my wife, but as gf yes

I can't take a girl who challenges me even to point of picking up a fight with me as a wife, but as girlfriend, yes

I can't take a girl who disobeys me as my wife, cheating will be nothing to her,

I can't marry a girl who is unapologetic, for girlfriend, yes but not a wife

I can't marry a girl who's 80% contact is raging with boys, even if there are all her cousin, or she doesn't sleep with them I don't care,

I can't marry a girl who wears make up 247 when coming and going and always on a tight body revealing clothes, what that means is she is not done advising herself to highest bidder

This are the conditions & challenges that i tried hard to stop my girlfriend from but she wouldn't let go,

We have dated for more than 3 years but this attitude never changes,

I found someone whom all this came from without me pushing for it, now she is crying out her eyes,
I hope the wife you want to marry have already go through this agreement document, and I hope she sign it, if not, there will be problem, a real problem...
Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Am Getting Married & She Burst Into Tears by phemmyfour: 8:59am On Mar 25, 2022
TkhGuy:
It's hurtful, I don't know which side of the coin you guys want to follow but, she came that day, uninvited like she use to & know I have to tell her when she starts touching me & reaching my sensitive zone, I held her hands for a while & broke the silence,

I did tell her that we aren't going anywhere after noticing how flirty she is from first 1 month of our date, but she kept coming back, I have broken up with her prior to this, but she still comes to my place uninvited,

I don't have time to chase after girls due to the nature of my job, so, she has been the only girl I have all along,

I have carefully made my choice, ladies you all need to learn this cos most Nigerian guys will not tell you this or force it on you..

I can't marry a girl who doesn't trust me, or projects condom forward just at the point of having Bleep with her,

I can't take a girl who challenges me even to point of picking up a fight with me as a wife, but as girlfriend, yes

I can't take a girl who disobeys me as my wife, cheating will be nothing to her,

I can't marry a girl who's 80% contact is raging with boys, even if there are all her cousin, or she doesn't sleep with them I don't care,

I can't marry a girl who wears make up 247 when coming and going and always on a tight body revealing clothes, what that means is she is not done advising herself to highest bidder

This are the conditions & challenges that i tried hard to stop my girlfriend from but she wouldn't let go,

I found someone whom all this came from without me pushing for it, now she is crying out her eyes,
Well said...you even tried convincing her to change her ways, she just doesn't cut it as a wife material

But you LL have problem with your new girl on some other points raised up there like "questioning your authority"

1 Like

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Am Getting Married & She Burst Into Tears by DryMouth: 8:59am On Mar 25, 2022
Wittyduchess:
Na your mama be the motherfvcker. undecided

Such mannerless untrianed fellow. Is that how your mother told you to behave?
Unintelligent mugu!

Get the fvck out of here. Only fvck una sabi Bleep. Common to write story that correlates with OP's situation, you cannot.
Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Am Getting Married & She Burst Into Tears by dhtml6(m): 8:59am On Mar 25, 2022
Toktee:
Them or you for no do anything...las las na to lock you up. grin
they will need to catch me first now.
But comrad you know now, I just see run my mouth. Let us be real, a real dude cannot wife a bitch. Bitches are meant to be banged and nothing more.
Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Am Getting Married & She Burst Into Tears by melayemi: 9:00am On Mar 25, 2022
talk2hb1:
Dunno why everyone is castigating the guy, he doesn't want something. Now everybody is trying to blackmail the guy emotionally

He doesn’t want and they are blackmailing him my brother.

Not that he didn’t try talking to her, He did but did she change ?

Thumbs up bro for going after what you want, personally I say thumbs up �

Have her for keeps until a better option comes along.

He didn’t waste her time, she waste her own time subconsciously.

I go like register for this guy party �
Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Am Getting Married & She Burst Into Tears by mabea: 9:00am On Mar 25, 2022
rayopt:

Hey guy, this sex thing is not a gift from a lady to a man. In most cases, it is the guy doing the babe a favor.

I hate it when some men considers sex as a gift from women. It shows how immature you are. You are there thinking she wants me to be happy that's why she is giving me while, in reality, she is enjoying you all for herself.

Women enjoys sex more than men. Pls, I don't have the time to lecture you on that.

And on the other part where you said it took him 3 years to.... Look, you need to read and understand. The relationship was 3 years and according to OP, he had told her they are not going anywhere from the first month. I guess he has been trying to correct her for 3 years straight without changing. Now, that he has found someone he can live with, it is time to go. Please stop judging wrongly. This kinda relationships are always toxic at the end. Am sure if OP decides to start beating the babe, she will still continue coming back until the violence gets out of hand and yall starts condemning the guy. He needs to get out of the relationship. The babe needs someone that can manage her excesses.
A 1000 likes.
Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Am Getting Married & She Burst Into Tears by Contekbbc: 9:01am On Mar 25, 2022
You now see why the two books warn against PREMARITAL SEX?
Sex is not love and love is not sex.

The ladies will have the more pains if they keep on giving themselves to every Tom,Dick and Harry

Las Las Na we guys go still place more importance on your body counts.

This guy Don see finish and he no see anything in the girl to wife again.
Say no to PREMARITAL SEX

3 Likes

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Am Getting Married & She Burst Into Tears by Toktee(m): 9:01am On Mar 25, 2022
folks4luv:
Yea, she kept coming back for 3 years, but somehow, now that you want to marry someone else, you were able to get her off your back. Wehdon sir
In three years the guy keep talking but she refuses to change..do you excpect the op to marry her cos he fucck her for three yrs?

Had it been she finds someone better than op do you think she will look back?
And do you think na only op the fucck a lady like that?

3 Likes

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Am Getting Married & She Burst Into Tears by JomasisTech: 9:02am On Mar 25, 2022
IbrahimSkiba:

So?!!!!

Nice and clean writeup.. punctuation marks in right places.. paragraphs when needed..

Sarcasm grin

2 Likes

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Am Getting Married & She Burst Into Tears by Nobody: 9:03am On Mar 25, 2022
franchasng:
People don't know that some powerful forces control this life. some will say so so and so person did more evil yet he or she is living large.

But most times they don't know the person's deepest secrets, some are dying in silence.

Your payback may not even come in the direction of relationship, it could come as business, illness, general ill luck, wayward kids, etc.

In as much as I am not a saint, I do my best in life not to provoke anybody to a certain length. I watch my actions cautiously.

3 good years, he ought to have break up with her months into the relationship.

If you wanna do playboy, don't date any girl for more than 6 months, in fact 3 months should be maximum so she won't turn down sensible guys cos of you which may cause her more pains and provoke forces of life against you.

Even ladies, if you must chop a guy mugu, do it with wisdom, chop only what he can easily shrug off and laugh and move on, not going about swallowing guy's only crocodiles and still expect to go scold free.

Many people don't know the source of their life challenges.

When I was single, I met a lot of ladies that were virgins and this was happening when I knew I would soon settle down, I rejected deflowering them cos I know I wasn't going to marry any of them and if I ended up doing it only for them to hear that I got married to another lady some months later, that would hurt them forever. But many guys don't reason at all and will never know the source of their life predicaments
I have seen karma play out ,maybe it wasn't karma maybe the universe just wanted to make an example out of these people ,maybe it was just a coincidence, but hey they still got their rewards.

I saw the lady become lean, she lost her smile even though she was still coming to work ,I could see the pain in her eyes. She probably wet her pillow with tears every night too.

For what? For something that wasn't her fault, her tribe. The boy's parents knew her all along,they knew her tribe.

Infact when the guy came begging he said she was faultless and he didn't know why he went with his parent's decision.lol. Humans can be so funny and they only realize they hurt someone only when they get hit by consequences grin

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Am Getting Married & She Burst Into Tears by Pharaoh4rin(m): 9:03am On Mar 25, 2022
3 years of relationship! Hia!! How do men cooe abeg?
Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Am Getting Married & She Burst Into Tears by dhtml6(m): 9:04am On Mar 25, 2022
Imperial45:
Yeah! But there are some qualities we need to look out for as Men .
Yeap more like minimum requirements. This dude try because the babe no try at all. If he marries her she will Continue being a bitch. The other bitch that jumped first after first month of marriage had similar issues.

1 Like

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Am Getting Married & She Burst Into Tears by abimic(m): 9:04am On Mar 25, 2022
You did right, why settle for a woman whose attitudes are at conflict with your standard and desire.
Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Am Getting Married & She Burst Into Tears by ShenTeh(m): 9:04am On Mar 25, 2022
It seems like a lot of people did not completely read or understand the write-up.

My biggest issue is why were you cheating on your new girlfriend. If you say this girl doesn't trust you, you have obviously proven her right. Your girl is probably still very young and fly. She is still exploring. She thought she has control over you and that you would give her time or she is also bidding her time that you'll accept her the way she is. But you were already seeing another girl instead of being firm with the discontinuation of the relationship.

Sums it up. She never really thought you meant it because you weren't firm about your requests. Some girls are like that, they are used to being shouted at/bullied, so if you don't speak firmly, they believe their love/sex will cover all the complaints.

See op, you took a commendable decision. Like I always say, marriage is tough and I can tell you that your points are so genuine that they seem like you have been advised by a committee of married men.

If you had come here to complain after marrying her, Nlanders would be the first to ask you about red light blue light while you were dating.

Be safe. It's a dog-eat-dog world.

10 Likes

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Am Getting Married & She Burst Into Tears by SweetDipBenny(m): 9:06am On Mar 25, 2022
TkhGuy:

U did well bro. If it was d other way round she'll do d same to u. I'm sure she has other guys she's seeing, waiting for who to propose first. This kind matter dont pity woman. Them too can b extremely mean.

1 Like

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Am Getting Married & She Burst Into Tears by Onyeziokwu(m): 9:07am On Mar 25, 2022
harqinhola:
blah Blah Blah ! And she's good enough for u to Bleep ?? God purnish u my brother ..

If you can't read, the best would've been to shut your mouth and not throwing curses on people please!

Read this: "We have dated for more than 3 years but this attitude never changes"

From the above, dude wanted it to work for giving up these years.

1 Like

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Am Getting Married & She Burst Into Tears by franchasng: 9:07am On Mar 25, 2022
rayopt:

Hey guy, this sex thing is not a gift from a lady to a man. In most cases, it is the guy doing the babe a favor.

I hate it when some men considers sex as a gift from women. It shows how immature you are. You are there thinking she wants me to be happy that's why she is giving me while, in reality, she is enjoying you all for herself.

Women enjoys sex more than men. Pls, I don't have the time to lecture you on that.

And on the other part where you said it took him 3 years to.... Look, you need to read and understand. The relationship was 3 years and according to OP, he had told her they are not going anywhere from the first month. I guess he has been trying to correct her for 3 years straight without changing. Now, that he has found someone he can live with, it is time to go. Please stop judging wrongly. This kinda relationships are always toxic at the end. Am sure if OP decides to start beating the babe, she will still continue coming back until the violence gets out of hand and yall starts condemning the guy. He needs to get out of the relationship. The babe needs someone that can manage her excesses.
You guys are still boys sha.

The op only broke up with her verbally but didn't want to let go of her pussy which is typical of most guys, they want to eat their cake and still have it.

I don't want to brag about women issue, but if I should tell you anything, in my few years of mingling and swimming dirty in what you lots call dating, I think my experience should be compared to that of 2face Idibia, so you have no knowledge of women like me, so my brother go and sit down, when you see evil condemn it.

The op didn't handle it well. When you know you are about to settle down as a man, you ought to streamline your list of girlfriends and cut ties with those you know deep down didn't meet your set qualities at least 6 months or even 1 year ahead to avoid negative wishes, don't neglect those cos life is mysterious more than you lots think. Life is beyond what you think is right.

All ladies love and cherish attention, so the first move is to completely stop giving her attention both via calls, chats, etc and when she visits uninvited, you excuse yourself that you were about going out and if you do this over a time period she will let go even if she is a shameless person she will get the message loud and clear.

As for sex, it doesn't matter who enjoys it most or not, the general belief women have is that men enjoy and want sex more and its the truth all over the world cos men crave for it more and hunt for it more than women. maybe women are good in concealing their emotions which gives them the key.

and let me inform you, Nigerian ladies believe that so long as you their boyfriend is still fvcking them, that all is well and there is room for her in your heart

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Am Getting Married & She Burst Into Tears by Ogunleti01: 9:07am On Mar 25, 2022
Bro! there are some destinies you don't cheat and go scot-free oo. So typical of the Nigerian youths; Greed. You were busy fucking someone for three years when in actual fact you knew she does not tick the boxes by your standards. A whole 36month and some good for nothing, godforsaken persons are here singing prasises of the OP! "omode bu iroko o boju wo eyin; oojo ko loluwere n pa ni oo" All the best Op

1 Like

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Am Getting Married & She Burst Into Tears by Toktee(m): 9:07am On Mar 25, 2022
dhtml6:
they will need to catch me first now.
But comrad you know now, I just see run my mouth. Let us be real, a real dude cannot wife a bitch. Bitches are meant to be banged and nothing more.
A girl that always wears artificial stuffs calked makeup while coming and going, always asking for condoms during sex,always wearing tights and revealing cloths is nothing but olosho.
After fuccking every dicck you see them on sundays singing in the choire whike some are users in the church answering sister this and that....an unfortunate brother that ended up marrying such will discover after marriage that he just acquired a borehole.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Am Getting Married & She Burst Into Tears by TheWolfen(m): 9:08am On Mar 25, 2022
Buddha3:
To all of you condemning the young man's decision to settle down with someone else after dating a girl for 3years, who's clearly unwilling and unable to make much needed adjustments upon consistent corrections and directives, na Ogun go kee una papa!

We come upon countless cases of females dumping boyfriends they've had for years and who have sacrificed their all for the comfort of those females who later abandon them to marry other more convenient men and you bastards don't stretch your goiters this much to pass judgement on the women. Now a man decides to marry according to his taste and standards and you're all here bleating like goats on heat.

Make una go marry the girl on him behalf!
Nigerians and their repulsive inclinations to always have opinions on people's lives as if them don fit finish to arrange their own lives.

Mugu them!

Too much violence grin
Re: I Told My Girlfriend That I Am Getting Married & She Burst Into Tears by SIRTee15: 9:11am On Mar 25, 2022
I think it's high time we introduce couple common law into this country. Some men no just get sense in this country.
U just wasted 3 years of a girl's life n all u even have the gut to justify it.
How can u sit on someone's destiny for 3 good yrs without any remorse of your wickedness.
Do u know how many potential suitors she would have refused because of u.
Where do u want her to start from? or u think it's easy for women to carry themselves and initiate another relationship like that.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Why Is It Difficult To Woo Guys On Nairaland? / Why Do Ladies Often Do This To Guys? ~ It's Really Appalling! / How I Lost My Young Girlfriend To The Cold Hands Of Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.