Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,454 members, 7,812,394 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:40 PM

How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? (17780 Views)

How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? / I Am Searching For A Job Or Source Of Income / "N300k Job Or I Won't Work" - Slay Queen, Chinny Okekki (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by harsysky(m): 11:54pm On Mar 25, 2022
I strongly believe this is one of the hardest questions some people would want to ask themselves, but to the fact remains that we ought to be realistic.

I have met couple of guys who had lost their jobs , and it was not funny at all. They tend to be somewhat miserable.

It is never something anyone would wish for their enemies. Even the ones who have managed to build their own houses are not equally spared as I recently met one and had this great pity on him .

Even to my enemies, I would not want to see them in such state as reality always dawns on people when they experience retrenchment. Most people could tell you one thousand and one ways they would have improved their lives if given a second chance, but the truth is it's like comparing theory with practical. Both can never be the same.

Everyone cannot be an entrepreneur hence I would advise we all go into it.

Now to my question, how would you practically avoid this miserable state especially if you are earning now, or how have you avoided it in the past?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:06am On Mar 26, 2022
you'd get back on your feet and get another one... just like we got floored by covid and came through.

30 Likes

Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by harsysky(m): 12:15am On Mar 26, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
you'd get back on your feet and get another one... just like we got floored by covid and came through.

Did you experience retrenchment then? I had a friend who lost his job in 2015, and if it wasn't for the grace of God, he would have transitioned into the afterlife. He lost his job with months of no payment for works done, had a new born baby and also a quit notice.

He is now a big man, but it wasn't easy at all. Just common 1k naira, e fit salute me 5 times .

122 Likes 13 Shares

Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by pascalbenz: 8:21am On Mar 26, 2022
The question strong sha

5 Likes

Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by harsysky(m): 8:43am On Mar 26, 2022
pascalbenz:
The question strong sha

It's really a strong question one needs to ask him or herself when they are still earning, and not when they are out of job.

21 Likes

Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:30am On Mar 26, 2022
Apply to jobs na. I have no dependants and six months savings so I am good grin

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by harsysky(m): 10:02am On Mar 26, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
Apply to jobs na. I have no dependants and six months savings so I am good grin

What of in a case where it takes you two to three years to secure another job, would your 6 months savings carter for your rent, feeding and other bills?

Don't tryna look at me like a pessimistic person. People are everyday going through this phase of life, and it's heartbreaking when you hear that they even tried in achieving one or two stuffs but ended up losing them trying to keep body and soul together.

52 Likes

Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:29am On Mar 26, 2022
harsysky:

What of in a case where it takes you two to three years to secure another job, would your 6 months savings carter for your rent, feeding and other bills?

Don't tryna look at me like a pessimistic person. People are everyday going through this phase of life, and it's heartbreaking when you hear that they even tried in achieving one or two stuffs but ended up losing them trying to keep body and soul together.

I am a programmer it won't take me 2 years to find another job, maximum of 6 months and if things are so bad a year. It doesn't take anyone two years to find a job in tech. If it was oil and gas or banking ehen you can say 5 to 10 years to see another job and even if it does I was a mechanic on 25k salary before being a programmer so I know poverty and suffering and it doesn't faze me.

96 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by harsysky(m): 10:34am On Mar 26, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

I am a programmer it won't take me 2 years to find another job, maximum of 6 months and if things are so bad a year. It doesn't take anyone two years to find a job in tech. If it was oil and gas or banking ehen you can say 5 to 10 years to see another job and even if it does I was a mechanic on 25k salary before being a programmer so I know poverty and suffering and it doesn't phase me.

Kudos, man! I like your strong will.

25 Likes

Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by Carbonated: 4:03pm On Mar 27, 2022
My current reality at the moment. Words can't really express what i am currently going through..

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by harsysky(m): 4:54pm On Mar 27, 2022
Carbonated:
My current reality at the moment. Words can't really express what i am currently going through..

It's really a pity you are going through that phase at the moment. In this country, one is always on their own when such calamity happens. No help from anywhere even the so called Government we pay our hard earned tax to.

Just keep knocking on every door you see, and eventually God will open one for you .

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Mar 27, 2022
Being out of job is not even the issue.It is lack of money.If I am broke I always think of committing suicide.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by harsysky(m): 8:12pm On Mar 27, 2022
Revolution2022:
Being out of job is not even the issue.It is lack of money.If I am broke I always think of committing suicide.

Having suicidal mindset isn't healthy at all. Do look for every means necessary to erase that.

Being out of job will most likely or eventually lead to brokeness if nothing comes up.

The reason I wrote about your erasing the suicidal thoughts when broke is that 99% of those who committed suicide had at one point in their lives thought about it.

I wish you don't go broke, anyway.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by DenreleDave(m): 8:42pm On Mar 27, 2022
Serious question

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by harsysky(m): 9:03pm On Mar 27, 2022
DenreleDave:
Serious question

I wish you could drop one or two inputs if you are working to aid those who still have one source of income.
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by EdgarBounce(m): 12:54pm On Mar 28, 2022
OK

11 Likes

Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by Lindajames1010: 12:54pm On Mar 28, 2022
4 dumper 2 payloader location Abuja 110m for the 6 items....

Working perfectly
Location Abuja
Price 13m

1 Like

Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by planetE(m): 12:54pm On Mar 28, 2022
Na person wey get job dey lose job. Me no get job oooo. Na anywhere belle face I dey take sustain myself. I'm just hoping for a better tomorrow. Na programming I dey learn now. Angel wey put me for this country no do me good oooo.

Eeh, I think say na only me dey suffer. I see watin other people dey pass through these days, my hand fall

Make person just dey hopeful say one-day everything go SET

20 Likes

Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by twosquare(m): 12:55pm On Mar 28, 2022
Source of income also includes those who are entrepreneurs.

How will you cope if you stop eating? What a question!

Find another food source.

1 Like

Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by harmargedon: 12:55pm On Mar 28, 2022
I lift up my eyes to the hills, from whence commet my help?, My help commet from the maker of heaven and earth, the creator of all.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by EKONGKING: 12:56pm On Mar 28, 2022
People should plan for any eventuality , always save money for a rainy day.
whether you are self employed or working in a job.
Majority of Nigerian people don't understand what life is about.
For them spending money like spendthrift and have children in excess of their financial standing.
For them good times will last for ever cheesy

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by Adebaba1(m): 12:56pm On Mar 28, 2022
I swear I will be depressed

Side hustle is not paying much

3 Likes

Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by alphaconde(m): 12:56pm On Mar 28, 2022
well i have 3 sources of income

assuming i lose all i have properties to sell and attempt a restart of my life

i advise earners who cant run businesses with their current jobs to save up and buy stuffs(cars land jewelries electronics etc) they can easily liquidate when such scenarios occur.

14 Likes

Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by Xcelinteriors(f): 12:56pm On Mar 28, 2022
Ha God forbid o

1 Like

Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Mar 28, 2022
That's when the useless woman in your life will leave.

Nigerian women are orphans. And ween enable these things just to please them or snatch them.

I saw where they were praising their for not asking about their salaries.

One was even paying the wife's t fare to work daily.

The other bought cars, fuels it, services it etc.

The useless woman goes to work, denies husband sex because she is tired from work, doesn't have time to cook because of work, doesn't take proper care of kids because of work yet nobody knows what she does with her salary.

Spits.

17 Likes

Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by bigdammyj: 12:56pm On Mar 28, 2022
Life goes on
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by Mynd44: 12:56pm On Mar 28, 2022
"If I ever go broke, I'ma take yo' money" Meek Mills

3 Likes

Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by Giffted(m): 12:57pm On Mar 28, 2022
hmmm if the person commit sucide I will understand.. it's better to have side hustle incase Kasala burst one day

2 Likes

Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Mar 28, 2022
damn its hard
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by TheRealestGuy(m): 12:58pm On Mar 28, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

I am a programmer it won't take me 2 years to find another job, maximum of 6 months and if things are so bad a year. It doesn't take anyone two years to find a job in tech. If it was oil and gas or banking ehen you can say 5 to 10 years to see another job and even if it does I was a mechanic on 25k salary before being a programmer so I know poverty and suffering and it doesn't faze me.

You don't know anything about banking obviously.

Unless you're dismissed from the job bankers easily get another job if they're retrenched.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Medical Job Vacancies At Chevron Lagos, Warri And Escravos / Vacancies At Lonadek Engineering Services / Making Your 8 Seconds Count Through Your CV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.